XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Same here. Both games really are fantastic in every way - especially part 2 since it has full campaign co-op. The production values and amount of content really justify the price as well as anything could.[/QUOTE]

Finally picked up TS:CW from a CAG today, I'm kind of disappointed to see that TS:CW doesn't have a "Campaign+" mode like the first one did. However, it did pretty much improve on every single aspect of the first one besides that, so I'm sure I'll still have an amazing time with it. I'm just gonna make sure to really enjoy each of the 11 levels in the campaign, and I'm sure I'll dabble in Survival mode as well.

Also picked up Quarrel today, definitely addictive as hell! Out of the 10 showdown levels, I'm stuck on #5...I've got a lot of improving to do if I'm ever gonna make it through the single player portion of this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to buy Torchlight and found out I already had it :lol:. It must have been on sale before as I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Of course I have not played it yet.

[quote name='io']Went to buy Torchlight and found out I already had it :lol:. It must have been on sale before as I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Of course I have not played it yet.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale for 400, which is when I bought it. I don't remember when exactly, but I think it was late last year? Of course, I still haven't played it. :lol:

[quote name='Tsel']It was on sale for 400, which is when I bought it. I don't remember when exactly, but I think it was late last year? Of course, I still haven't played it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Was that for the full game or just 400 for each character?

The way they released this was weird. It looked like the full game was free, but then when you played you realized it was a demo and you had to either buy each of 3 characters for 800 pts each or all 3 for 1200 pts I believe (maybe 1600).

I'm assuming that this version I just bought for 600 pts is the full thing with all 3 characters unlocked.

[quote name='Vap']I heard daggerblade was a mess when it first came out. Have they fixed it?[/QUOTE]

Yes they patched it extensively. If you downloaded it a long time ago you have to delete it and re-download it though because the update was so large they had to put it out as a new game rather than a patch.

Got the Castlevania DLCs finally, even though I've read they leave a lot to be desired, but since I tend to be an achievement wh**e for games I like I took'em out of completion's sake :)

Any words yet on deals we can expect this week?

[quote name='Mad dog']Was that for the full game or just 400 for each character?

The way they released this was weird. It looked like the full game was free, but then when you played you realized it was a demo and you had to either buy each of 3 characters for 800 pts each or all 3 for 1200 pts I believe (maybe 1600).

I'm assuming that this version I just bought for 600 pts is the full thing with all 3 characters unlocked.[/QUOTE]

You're mixing Torchlight with Crimson Alliance: the latter is the one with the bizarre pricing structure you mentioned, while Torchlight has all 3 character classes available from the start without extra MP needed, so you're in for the full loot-heavy experience ;)

[quote name='astr0boy']Before I jump in for torchlight, does anyone know if it has local co-op?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not, Torchlight is a single player affair...

Yes, Torchlight would have been better with co-op but it's easily one of my favorite XBLA titles and I still enjoy going back to it once in a while. Fun graphics, combat, music, easy controls, straightforward achievements, literally unlimited dungeons, and plenty of RPG stats to obsess over. Love it.

Thanks for the reminders about Toy Soldiers existing, too. I totally forget I never finished it and I'm digging it again.

Played through the first 6 or so floors on torchlight, and its more fun than I though I would be. repetitive but fun, and it seems like I always have too much loot!

[quote name='Junpei']Any words yet on deals we can expect this week?[/QUOTE]

Tuesday. Always Tuesday.

[quote name='technicalstylez']x-men and castlevania LOS dlc for me. now what to do with the left over 400 pts.[/QUOTE]

Quarrel! Or wait for the DotW announcement tomorrow.

C'mon Mass Effect 2 DLC...please?
I know I am going to be disappointed tomorrow, but I can hope.

I have my damn ME3 SE sitting here unplayed and enough MS points to get the content I need before I start (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Arrival), but I feel like I can't pay full price for them. I should have gotten them during a past sale, but I wanted to hold out for the GotY edition that we will never get.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']C'mon Mass Effect 2 DLC...please?

I have my damn ME3 SE sitting here unplayed and enough MS points to get the content I need before I start (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Arrival), but I feel like I can't pay full price for them. I should have gotten them during a past sale, but I wanted to hold out for the GotY edition that we will never get.[/QUOTE]
Kasumi and Shadow Broker are really, really good. Arrival, on the other hand, made me promptly uninstall ME2. Haven't touched it since. Just awful, that last DLC.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Finally picked up TS:CW from a CAG today, I'm kind of disappointed to see that TS:CW doesn't have a "Campaign+" mode like the first one did. However, it did pretty much improve on every single aspect of the first one besides that...

Also picked up Quarrel today, definitely addictive as hell! ...I've got a lot of improving to do if I'm ever gonna make it through the single player portion of this game.[/QUOTE]
I've been really digging on these two games right now also and second your opinions. Two excellent titles. I was really let down by the lack of Campaign+ in TS:CW however and the game feels much easier than the original. This could be because of the lack of a learning curve this time around though, I'm not sure. As for Quarrel, I also need to up my game if I'm to compete!;)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Finally picked up TS:CW from a CAG today, I'm kind of disappointed to see that TS:CW doesn't have a "Campaign+" mode like the first one did. However, it did pretty much improve on every single aspect of the first one besides that...

Also picked up Quarrel today, definitely addictive as hell! ...I've got a lot of improving to do if I'm ever gonna make it through the single player portion of this game.[/QUOTE]
I've been really digging on these two games right now also and second your opinions. Two excellent titles. I was really let down by the lack of Campaign+ in TS:CW however and the game feels much easier than the original. This could be because of the lack of a learning curve this time around though, I'm not sure. As for Quarrel, I also need to up my game if I'm to compete without the aid of my wife's anagram skills!;)

Here's a question:
Do Games on Demand ever go under $20? I've got points I'm holding on to for Res Evil 4 and Res Evil Code Veronica. Not sure if I want to just pine away for them hoping for a drop to $15 or just pull the trigger.
Thoughts?

[quote name='chuckie88']I've been really digging on these two games right now also and second your opinions. Two excellent titles. I was really let down by the lack of Campaign+ in TS:CW however and the game feels much easier than the original. This could be because of the lack of a learning curve this time around though, I'm not sure. As for Quarrel, I also need to up my game if I'm to compete without the aid of my wife's anagram skills!;)[/QUOTE]

I'm only about 3 or 4 levels into TS:CW, but it's definitely easier (on Normal) than the original was (on Normal). I'm thinking about moving up to hard, just to get a little bit more enjoyment out of it.

As for Quarrel, I don't have a wife with great anagram skills to lend a hand, so I may have to reach out to programs on the internet (but don't worry, I will make sure I've had all my fun with Quarrel and beaten it as far as I possibly can before doing that). It's funny, in Quarrel it seems like I do WAY better when I'm defending then when I'm attacking. I've definitely blown 8 vs. 5 attacks before, for some reason I choke!

[quote name='zubalove']Here's a question:
Do Games on Demand ever go under $20? I've got points I'm holding on to for Res Evil 4 and Res Evil Code Veronica. Not sure if I want to just pine away for them hoping for a drop to $15 or just pull the trigger.
Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Haha. No offense to you personally, I'm sure you're just asking an innocent question. But this has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread since their release months and months ago.

Short answer to your question is that there's not a lot of precedent for it.

Thinking about SotN, kill team & puddle i either have the rest or they dont appeal. I probably won't have time to check the demos so few quick questions:

SotN - Will it ruin fond memories of the game? (as happened recently with the MK arcade collection)

Kill Team - Looks like it may get repetetive, is there enough variation to justify the purchase?

Puddle - Is there a difficulty spike that is present with many of these type of games? Not too much of an issue just want to know if I will get frustrated as I have enough games that do that.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Thinking about SotN, kill team & puddle i either have the rest or they dont appeal. I probably won't have time to check the demos so few quick questions:

SotN - Will it ruin fond memories of the game? (as happened recently with the MK arcade collection).[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's held up incredibly well. It may not look quite as good as it did back then but it's still a blast to play. Worth the fiver easily imo.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Haha. No offense to you personally, I'm sure you're just asking an innocent question. But this has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread since their release months and months ago.

Short answer to your question is that there's not a lot of precedent for it.[/QUOTE]

None taken. Thanks very much!

I second (third?) the Symphony of the Night recommend. I beat it completely years ago, and still went back and got all the achievements on this new XBLA version. Top 10 games ever.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']fuck yes![/QUOTE]

Oh No!

Seriously, how can anyone get excited about a Dragon's Lair release anymore? It barely qualifies as a game and the "wow factor" from the visuals back in the 80s no longer applies.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']C'mon Mass Effect 2 DLC...please?

I have my damn ME3 SE sitting here unplayed and enough MS points to get the content I need before I start (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Arrival), but I feel like I can't pay full price for them. I should have gotten them during a past sale, but I wanted to hold out for the GotY edition that we will never get.[/QUOTE]
So basically you have paid to get ME3 at launch but not playing until you can get ME2 dlc cheaper?

By not playing ME3 for a few weeks you will have wasted more than getting all ME2 dlc at full msrp

I can't see them detracting from the sales of the latest release at all.

Look at it this way, say there's 100,000 people that are in your position & even only 20% pay at full price that is a lot of money for them and they can still put the dlc on sale at a later date for the remaining . Which WILL happen, just not yet.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Nope. It's held up incredibly well. It may not look quite as good as it did back then but it's still a blast to play. Worth the fiver easily imo.[/QUOTE]
That's settled then. For 400 I was seeing it as a no brainer, I just don't want nostalgia to ruin one of my favourites games growing up.

[quote name='ooga']Oh No!

Seriously, how can anyone get excited about a Dragon's Lair release anymore? It barely qualifies as a game and the "wow factor" from the visuals back in the 80s no longer applies.[/QUOTE]

I still like it after all these years. I have it on blu ray and on PSN and iPhone. Now I can have it on 360! Weeee!! Seriously, for some reason this is just one of those games I want on every screen, much like Peggle. Just bought Peggle HD+Peggle Nights for my new iPad this weekend even though I already had it for iPhone. Sad I know.

Watch AVGN's review on dragon's lair how can anyone be excited for this game?
nvm he reviews the nes version which is still horrible

does this version of SOTN support 720p or better? I have the game on disc from Konami Classics vol 1. Just wondering if this version is any better than the DotW

If Dragon's Lair is less than 800 points, I will buy it day one. It will give me one less reason to fire up my modded original xbox with Daphne. Now if only we could get arcade ports of Killer instinct 1 and 2, I could get rid of it completely.

[quote name='hufferstl']If Dragon's Lair is less than 800 points, I will buy it day one. It will give me one less reason to fire up my modded original xbox with Daphne. Now if only we could get arcade ports of Killer instinct 1 and 2, I could get rid of it completely.[/QUOTE]

Considering it's $9.99 on PSN, I think it's safe to assume it'll be 800msp.

[quote name='ooga']Oh No!

Seriously, how can anyone get excited about a Dragon's Lair release anymore? It barely qualifies as a game and the "wow factor" from the visuals back in the 80s no longer applies.[/QUOTE]

Haha this was my reaction as well.

It drops in price all the time on PSN, so waiting for DotW will probably be the way to go for those interested.

This has probably been asked before, but what's up with the Konami games "sale"? It's not featured anywhere on the dash, although that isn't surprising because the dash is horrible. The prices are shown when you search individually for the games though. But without knowing about this thread who would know these games are on sale? Are they permanent price drops?

I actually actively looked for an ad for this sale, but never found one on the dash. Usually these sales get placed in with the "Sales and Specials" section.

Yeah, I never saw the ad either. Kind of like how last year there was the Summer sale and not everyone saw it advertised on their dashboard.

I saw the Konami sale tab once... I really, really hate the new dash. A short while back there was some contest that you could come back to play again each day... except it never appeared on my dash again after the first day. The only thing with any consistency is those stupid Modern Warfare 3 ads.

[quote name='VexxedCS']I saw the Konami sale tab once... I really, really hate the new dash. A short while back there was some contest that you could come back to play again each day... except it never appeared on my dash again after the first day. The only thing with any consistency is those stupid Modern Warfare 3 ads.[/QUOTE]
the flip the leaf game? I played that shit for 3-4 months straight never even won

[quote name='GUNNM']the flip the leaf game? I played that shit for 3-4 months straight never even won[/QUOTE]

I think that was it. I won the Racetrac contest and now my stupid brain convinces me "Yer gunna win dude!" every time I see a contest on the dashboard.

Agree with those saying that Castlevania:SOTN is a great game. As for the Konami sale ad, I saw it twice on the dash this weekend. I never saw 'flip the leaf' or any other game though. And I too ALWAYS see the waste of space MW3 ads.

Good to know it wasn't just me not seeing an ad for the Konami sale. I was looking out for it during the week but never saw it, at least the reduced prices were correct when I searched for the individual games. I've learned to check this thread before the dashboard to make sure I don't miss something I want.

I bought CV LoS for 8 bucks from best buy's holiday sales. I'm wondering if I should bite on both DLC's which would make the entire package 18 bucks. Not bad for a complete version.

Only problem is, the game is still sealed :p (with an unused SOTN code still.) So I wonder if I should wait for another sale, or just buy it now. Who knows if they will ever even go on sale again...

[quote name='rey6eric']Good to know it wasn't just me not seeing an ad for the Konami sale. I was looking out for it during the week but never saw it, at least the reduced prices were correct when I searched for the individual games. I've learned to check this thread before the dashboard to make sure I don't miss something I want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this thread, namely the OP, is pretty much all you ever need. A lot of people probably get their info from Major Nelson's blog as well. And xbldb.com price history is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back