XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ravens52bears54']Ok, so the two Marathon Packs for DC work for both DC1 and DC2, correct? And if I get them both I'll have all the DLC songs except for eight? Plus the Lady GaGa and Rihanna packs that were released recently?[/QUOTE]

they work in DC1 and DC2. but if you have both, might as well import DC1 into DC2 so that all of your songs are in one collection. also, DC2 has a much better tutorial so any problems you had with songs in DC1, you could learn them in DC2. you can then go back to DC1 and finish off the song (or just finish it in DC2).

the only reason to keep DC1 around if you have DC2 is if you want the achievements.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not a sale but could effect future pricing on Indie games. The maximum game size is being increase to 500MB from 150MB. Looks like they are going to allow games 150MB and below set their price at 80 points. I guess anything above 50MB used to have a price of 240-400 points. They are also going to increase the # of games a developer can have on the indie game channel.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/xna/archive/2012/01/04/happy-new-year-xbox-live-indie-games.aspx[/QUOTE]

'bout time. Devs can drop the prices of their games start turning a bit more profit. Now, if only they'd allow some system where a select few quality XBLIG titles can get achievements. (I can't stress "select few" and "quality" enough here.)

Anyone try Blitz yet? Was going to be a day 1 purchase for me, but the fact that there are no reviews and nobody is talking about it on release day does not bode well...

[quote name='vamn']'bout time. Devs can drop the prices of their games start turning a bit more profit. Now, if only they'd allow some system where a select few quality XBLIG titles can get achievements. (I can't stress "select few" and "quality" enough here.)[/QUOTE]

Yaris has achievements, how can MS claim that any other game isn't high enough quality to also have them?

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Yaris has achievements, how can MS claim that any other game isn't high enough quality to also have them?[/QUOTE]

Have you any idea the flood of indie games that would just be "Press 'A' for achievement" that would suddenly be up??

I mean I personally wouldn't care, if you want to spend money to up your gamerscore go right ahead, it's meaningless. But it would muddle the hell out of the indie games and the few games on there worth a damn would get buried.

[quote name='biledriver']Have you any idea the flood of indie games that would just be "Press 'A' for achievement" that would suddenly be up??

I mean I personally wouldn't care, if you want to spend money to up your gamerscore go right ahead, it's meaningless. But it would muddle the hell out of the indie games and the few games on there worth a damn would get buried.[/QUOTE]

The few games worth a damn are already buried under massager apps. This would just change the type of app doing the burying. But it would also help legitimize indie games.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']If anyone hasn't joined Bing rewards yet, can you use my refer link- http://www.bing.com/central

extremely easy to get 100 ms points when you start and every now and then[/QUOTE]

There's a subforum in the free stuff forum called Referral Central. Posts like your belong there. Spamming your referral links in other forums is considered bad form.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']The few games worth a damn are already buried under massager apps. This would just change the type of app doing the burying. But it would also help legitimize indie games.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see how pandering to achievement seekers who care about nothing but gamerscore "legitimizes" anything about gaming or games.

Honestly, anything MS can do to direct more attention to the Indie games, I am for. There are some great games on there and I don't think MS gives two shits about them.

[quote name='biledriver']Have you any idea the flood of indie games that would just be "Press 'A' for achievement" that would suddenly be up??

I mean I personally wouldn't care, if you want to spend money to up your gamerscore go right ahead, it's meaningless. But it would muddle the hell out of the indie games and the few games on there worth a damn would get buried.[/QUOTE]

The Simpsons game had one for just pressing Start. I think that's the only one I got for the game before getting bored with it.

[quote name='biledriver']I fail to see how pandering to achievement seekers who care about nothing but gamerscore "legitimizes" anything about gaming or games.[/QUOTE]

So that's how you think of regular retail and XBLA releases?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I was really hoping shank would be lower. I'm not sure if I should bite at 600. I passed the last time it was that price.[/QUOTE]

Just me, but I think it is absolutely worth it.

Shank is fucking awesome if you have any interest in beat em ups. I bought it full price and found it highly satisfying. Looking forward to buying the sequel day 1 as well.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I was really hoping shank would be lower. I'm not sure if I should bite at 600. I passed the last time it was that price.[/QUOTE]

what are you waiting for? 400 points?

does 200 points less ($2.50) really make that much of a difference?

[quote name='Barry Burton']what are you waiting for? 400 points?

does 200 points less ($2.50) really make that much of a difference?[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep asking questions like this on this site? Yes, most of us are truly cheap asses and every fucking penny counts.

if you think an extra $2.50 is too much, than you shouldn't buy the game at all because clearly you aren't that interested

i'm betting most spend more on alcoholic drinks that are gone in less than 2 minutes and 50 seconds

[quote name='Barry Burton']what are you waiting for? 400 points?

does 200 points less ($2.50) really make that much of a difference?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's the whole mentality of paying 600 points, which is close to what I spend on retail, vs. 400 points.

[quote name='Barry Burton']if you think an extra $2.50 is too much, than you shouldn't buy the game at all because clearly you aren't that interested

i'm betting most spend more on alcoholic drinks that are gone in less than 2 minutes and 50 seconds[/QUOTE]

Not all of us are college fratboys.

[quote name='Barry Burton']if you think an extra $2.50 is too much, than you shouldn't buy the game at all because clearly you aren't that interested

i'm betting most spend more on alcoholic drinks that are gone in less than 2 minutes and 50 seconds[/QUOTE]

Or they simply want to buy it at the lowest price it will hit. If someone is in no hurry to play a game, then it doesn't hurt to wait for the best deal. Obviously, if they really wanted to play it right away, they wouldn't be worrying over the price.

[quote name='crookshow']Anyone try Blitz yet? Was going to be a day 1 purchase for me, but the fact that there are no reviews and nobody is talking about it on release day does not bode well...[/QUOTE]

or people are too busy playing it to talk/review it :bouncy:. Fun experience, if you like past blitz games, get it.

You're missing the point. It's not about 2.50...it's about what a game's value is to a person.

If you like paying $7.50 for arcade games that play like free windows games or old snes games then go ahead. I have many 360 titles I got for less than that and I enjoy them more.

I mean best buy was just selling games for 8 bucks at christmas.

to those that's asking about nfl blitz...

it's possible they are not saying or reviewing much because they probably are busy playing it or is too fun to play...

...And yes! i had fun playing it all morning....noglastia to the max!

ok wait a few months or a year and MAYBE MAYBE it will drop to 400 points and you will be $2.50 richer

a penny saved is a penny earned

[quote name='Barry Burton']ok wait a few months or a year and MAYBE MAYBE it will drop to 400 points and you will be $2.50 richer

a penny saved is a penny earned[/QUOTE]

That's what we do. It's no loss to us because being CAGs, we have an extensive backlog for games we purchased just because they were priced great and looked pretty good.

So I see 2 people saying Shank is great..anyone else thats played it care to give there thoughts on it? I have exactly 600 points left and was thinking of picking it up. I do love me some beat em ups.

For those asking about the lack of reviews for NFL Blitz:

The review codes sent to media outlets were not redeemable until the day of release. Reviews should start to show up over the next day or two (including mine :)).

[quote name='shotgunshine']So I see 2 people saying Shank is great..anyone else thats played it care to give there thoughts on it? I have exactly 600 points left and was thinking of picking it up. I do love me some beat em ups.[/QUOTE]

it's a very enjoyable game with a very cool art style

Choplifter HD got a bad review in new issue of OXM...

4.5 out of 10

so....like eastx was saying...1200 points plus this review..double ouch.

[quote name='nadohawk']That's what we do. It's no loss to us because being CAGs, we have an extensive backlog for games we purchased just because they were priced great and looked pretty good.[/QUOTE]
If you posted less, you could start tackling that backlog.

[quote name='Barry Burton']ok wait a few months or a year and MAYBE MAYBE it will drop to 400 points and you will be $2.50 richer

a penny saved is a penny earned[/QUOTE]

Go away. You're completely missing the point of this site.

[quote name='Bercelak']Choplifter HD got a bad review in new issue of OXM...

4.5 out of 10

so....like eastx was saying...1200 points plus this review..double ouch.[/QUOTE]

Hate to judge before it's out, but sounds like this bad boy is gonna sell worse than daggerdale. Should be down to 400 in just a few months.

[quote name='shotgunshine']So I see 2 people saying Shank is great..anyone else thats played it care to give there thoughts on it? I have exactly 600 points left and was thinking of picking it up. I do love me some beat em ups.[/QUOTE]

I had a blast with Shank. The last boss battle will induce controller breaking rage. It does have some replay value and it does have multiplayer. For 600 points, its a steal. Any one on the fence should jump on this.

Shank is great. I love it dearly, but I have a huge beat-em-up fetish. (Real BEAT-em-ups mind you, Capcom style. I like the Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim styles a little but they just don't scratch the visceral itch.)

If you can hack it, get a friend for the co-op story of Shank. It's completely unique and has its own co-op themed bosses.

I'm gonna try the demo of NFL Blitz, but, and I really hate to rehash this argument, but I'm going to have a hard time going back to something venerating the old days after how great Blitz The League 2 (This generation, even) was. There's room for both types in the world but only the nostalgia seems to get heat.

[quote name='Rollobobo']The last boss battle will induce controller breaking rage.[/QUOTE]
Really? He was a bit of a jerk but I didn't find him that hard. You had a checkpoint and quick skippable cutscenes right there. If you abused the dodge roll like you did with Cassandra earlier you wouldn't have been that bad off.

Im going to go ahead and get Shank. Thanks guys for the opinions. I somehow completely missed this game back when it came out. I was just watching some gameplay vids and it looks fantastic...right up my alley. Why are the reviews so bad? The only bad thing I see, is that the game is apparently short.

I did not dig NFL Blitz that much, and I was a big fan of the older ones. Something is off about it. It just seems like an upgraded Madden Arcade in some ways. Real floaty, not enough violence. It's just sort of bare. I think I'll stick with Blitz the League II, even without the licensing.

[quote name='harry hood']I did not dig NFL Blitz that much, and I was a big fan of the older ones. Something is off about it. It just seems like an upgraded Madden Arcade in some ways. Real floaty, not enough violence. It's just sort of bare. I think I'll stick with Blitz the League II, even without the licensing.[/QUOTE]

NFL limited what violence could be in the game for EA to keep the NFL license. No late hits, etc. Can't have the parents complaining about violence in a football game (this is what happened after NFL Blitz 2003 and led to a mothership (aka ESPN) Outside The Lines report about the game then it became NFL Blitz Pro and sucked, then EA happened.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Go away. You're completely missing the point of this site.[/QUOTE]

no i see the point

you're waiting (probably more like hoping) to save a measly $2.50 on a good game

[quote name='MSUHitman']NFL limited what violence could be in the game for EA to keep the NFL license. No late hits, etc. Can't have the parents complaining about violence in a football game (this is what happened after NFL Blitz 2003 and led to a mothership (aka ESPN) Outside The Lines report about the game then it became NFL Blitz Pro and sucked, then EA happened.)[/QUOTE]

That sucks, Blitz was a for sure buy for me, but hearing that I just don't know now.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Do you guys like to download free crap? I know you do! Here you go! (it just dropped from 800 so I thought it might be worth posting)

Urijah Faber Workout Pack[/QUOTE]

Urijah Faber is pretty cool, but I'm gonna pass because I'm never going to own the game. Thanks for posting though.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Urijah Faber is pretty cool, but I'm gonna pass because I'm never going to own the game. Thanks for posting though.[/QUOTE]

Never hurts to grab it and then delete it from your queue, just so you own it and can re-download it whenever (or never).

[quote name='vamn']Never hurts to grab it and then delete it from your queue, just so you own it and can re-download it whenever (or never).[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, I'm a moron. Forgot I could do that. Done and done. Thanks.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Do you guys like to download free crap? I know you do! Here you go! (it just dropped from 800 so I thought it might be worth posting)

Thanks, picked it up just in case I ever play the game.

Thanks for the heads up. Who knows if I will ever own it but what the heck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back