XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crono-00']Ah, you're right, I jumped on the later sale. I had forgotten about the earlier discount.[/QUOTE]

That's why I love that site, I don't have to remember anything about sales or list dates anymore :D

So I've still got a little time to hem and haw over the Dance Central DLC, but better decide before the end of the night. I just can't decide, but I have a feeling I'll regret not having bought both marathon packs even though it's a lot of points even on sale.

[quote name='harry hood']If you play dance central or any game with a microphone, it catches the mood perfectly. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it really doesn't capture Alan Wake (one of the games actually in the ad) very well.

damn I was hoping for word on this coming weeks DOTW :( My son purchased some points lol, so now I have 400 points and I don't really want anything :p I was thinking of getting vigalante 8 since I

[quote name='punklivz']damn I was hoping for word on this coming weeks DOTW :( My son purchased some points lol, so now I have 400 points and I don't really want anything :p I was thinking of getting vigalante 8 since I

[quote name='punklivz']damn I was hoping for word on this coming weeks DOTW :( My son purchased some points lol, so now I have 400 points and I don't really want anything :p I was thinking of getting vigalante 8 since I

[quote name='tylerh1701']Patience. Tomorrow. Don't let those 400 points burn a hole in your pocket.[/QUOTE]

um no. I just wanted to spend them before my kid did... internet guy. I got the Vigalante 8 anyways :p

Going to grab Gatling Gears. Remember playing the demo when it came out and having a lot of fun with it. Not 800/1200 points fun (or however much it was at launch), but 400 points seems like the right price.

[quote name='punklivz']um no. I just wanted to spend them before my kid did... internet guy. I got the Vigalante 8 anyways :p[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad for misunderstanding, since you clearly explained it in your original post.

[quote name='punklivz']um no. I just wanted to spend them before my kid did... internet guy. I got the Vigalante 8 anyways :p[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for mentioning this. Been waiting on a price drop or sale for this since day one, did not realize this had been discounted.

Could always require a password to buy stuff on XBL. Then you could safeguard your points from the kids spending them.

Not that Vigilante 8 is a bad way to go for 400 points. I've been on the fence about snagging it as well.

[quote name='GUNNM']crysis come on[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd drop $10 on Crysis in a heartbeat. But if it wasn't part of the EA sale, I think we'll have to wait longer.

Finally decided to bite on Marathon Pack 1 for DC2. Going to leave it at that. Maybe I'll grab the other set once it goes on sale another time (if it does).

can definitely wait on most of those titles... I have a backlog of 20+ xbla games, and another 20+ I've played but haven't finished... and still have to finish the original alan wake anyways. I just don't see the point in buying any xbla titles at release (or anything anymore for that matter, since joining cag lol). with the xbla backlog, regular backlog, and other game's I'm still waiting to hit dotw, I just buy anything that's on dotw that i'm interested in and play it when I get to it. that being said, once alan wake and i am alive go on sale I'm grabbing those right up, hearing that i am alive is like a game version of the road / book of eli was enough for me to be interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXYRX11MQLo

My Xbox Live account was a recent victim of the Fifa hack. If there is a ME2 DLC sale soon, then I'm gonna be super pissed since my account is going under dispute right now.

[quote name='drawingboard']:lol:
That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Why are they dancing and rapping? What does that have to do with playing games?
Oh well, most of those games will likely be future DotWs though.[/QUOTE]

Because it's not a proper House Party without Kid n' Play?

[quote name='ArecxP']My Xbox Live account was a recent victim of the Fifa hack. If there is a ME2 DLC sale soon, then I'm gonna be super pissed since my account is going under dispute right now.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. They spent 3600 points on fifa crap. Luckily I caught them before they used all my points. Have 1300 left. My account is under investigation now. I got an email saying it is locked, but I can still log in. You think I should buy stuff while my amount is under investigation or would that look weird?

Jesus I'm getting more and more paranoid about the XBox Live hacks. I check my account everyday to make sure I have the same amount of points on my account.

[quote name='thefamousmoe']Same thing happened to me. They spent 3600 points on fifa crap. Luckily I caught them before they used all my points. Have 1300 left. My account is under investigation now. I got an email saying it is locked, but I can still log in. You think I should buy stuff while my amount is under investigation or would that look weird?[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to with your account locked.

Just don't have any payment methods tied to your account. Get rid any credit card or Paypal. Use nothing but redemption codes, and don't hoard points, it's the only way to be sure.

Dumb question, but does the FIFA hack happen only to those that play FIFA 12? What is the best way to avoid getting hacked?

[quote name='jazzman']Dumb question, but does the FIFA hack happen only to those that play FIFA 12? What is the best way to avoid getting hacked?[/QUOTE]

the best way to avoid the FIFA problem is to make sure your EA account information is different from your Xbox information. too many people are using the same email and password for both systems. you don't even need to own FIFA. If you own any EA games with an EA account, then you can be hacked.

what people are doing is calling EA support and able to get EA login information and then figuring out the entry into Xbox Live.

people are supposed to have different passwords and emails for every system, including message boards but they often don't because it's hard to remember so many. if you don't have a system to have many passwords, use a service like last password or 1password.

also use a combination of upper case and lower case letters in your password as well as numbers. do not use dictionary words or proper nouns.

[quote name='crunchewy']Finally decided to bite on Marathon Pack 1 for DC2. Going to leave it at that. Maybe I'll grab the other set once it goes on sale another time (if it does).[/QUOTE]

yeah, I got marathon pack 1 as well. I'm not interested in the second pack.

Dirtyvu, is that confirmed on how they are getting account information. Just calling Ea? Seems like it should be more difficult than that. But yes, both my email and pw were there same.Stupid me. And I paid the price.

EA's customer service is pretty awesome, but easily fooled. Have known people to get free pre-order codes/various DLC codes just by contacting them and coming up with a sob story.

I remember when BF3 came out, my friend literally contacted them and said "I didnt get a Dog Tag code", a minute later he got a code xD.

I got Fifa hacked a week after Gears 3 came out, they spent all my points and got me 15 cheevo points in Fifa 12.

I called M$ and my account was under investigation for exactly 30 days. I get the policy, but it is punishing the victim.

[quote name='jazzman']Dumb question, but does the FIFA hack happen only to those that play FIFA 12? What is the best way to avoid getting hacked?[/QUOTE]

You don't even need to own an Xbox. It happened to me when I just had a Live account for Arkham Asylum on PC. The best way is to not have any payment method saved to your account, and try not to have more points than you need (hard to do when you wait for deals on points and then stockpile them). That way, stealing your account is worthless, as they can't buy any points with it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']EA's customer service is pretty awesome, but easily fooled. Have known people to get free pre-order codes/various DLC codes just by contacting them and coming up with a sob story.

I remember when BF3 came out, my friend literally contacted them and said "I didnt get a Dog Tag code", a minute later he got a code xD.[/QUOTE]

lol easily fooled? u mean customers (or non customers) taking advantage of them

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I got Fifa hacked a week after Gears 3 came out, they spent all my points and got me 15 cheevo points in Fifa 12.

I called M$ and my account was under investigation for exactly 30 days. I get the policy, but it is punishing the victim.[/QUOTE]

did you get your points back? Mine were all from Cag sales and not bought via Microsoft so I don't know if they'll even reimburse me.

[quote name='thefamousmoe']did you get your points back? Mine were all from Cag sales and not bought via Microsoft so I don't know if they'll even reimburse me.[/QUOTE]

I got my points back and all my money refunded (yes my cc was on my account, but is no longer) and my points were from various places (bing rewards, etc).

Also my Xbox Live was never locked down. During my investigation I watched netflix and played online all the time. Which is weird considering the 1st person told me it would be locked, but the 2nd person said it wouldn't unless more suspicious activities occurred. Anyway, I was happy because without it would suck without netflix because I don't have regular TV.

Looks like stuff is starting to pop up:
Dungeon Defenders 1200 -> 800
Orcs Must Die! 1200 -> 600
Defense Grid 800 -> 400
South Park Lets Go Tower Defense Play 800 -> 400

I guess it's a tower-defense theme this week. Not bad.

[quote name='VVaffle']Looks like stuff is starting to pop up:
Defense Grid 800 -> 400

I guess it's a tower-defense theme this week. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

I regret paying full price for Orcs Must Die! but it's worth 600msp if you like the demo. Just be aware that the difficulty ramps up pretty significantly and there's no advice given on how to deal with new situations. If you don't like lots of trial and error, I'd recommend passing on it. Defense Grid and South Park are both recommended for fans of tower defense.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I regret paying full price for Orcs Must Die! but it's worth 600msp if you like the demo. Just be aware that the difficulty ramps up pretty significantly and there's no advice given on how to deal with new situations. If you don't like lots of trial and error, I'd recommend passing on it. Defense Grid and South Park are both recommended for fans of tower defense.[/QUOTE]Yep, same feelings here on Orcs Must Die. As I recall there is also no co-op as well. It's still a decent game.
Dungeon Defenders is pretty great for co-op, however the PC version has a slew of free DLC out already and gets updated far more frequently than the 360 version.
Defense Grid is pretty well-paced as well, and has that traditional tower defense feel to it.
And finally as for South Park, I played it a few times at a friend's place but never quite beat the game (which you get a spiffy Kenny avatar outfit if you're into that sort of thing) but I enjoyed it enough that I think I'll grab it tomorrow.

It's a shame that Trenched Iron Brigade isn't on sale again as well. Seems like a given for a sale of this genre. Same goes for Crystal Defenders.

[quote name='VVaffle']Yep, same feelings here on Orcs Must Die. As I recall there is also no co-op as well. It's still a decent game.
Dungeon Defenders is pretty great for co-op, however the PC version has a slew of free DLC out already and gets updated far more frequently than the 360 version.
Defense Grid is pretty well-paced as well, and has that traditional tower defense feel to it.
And finally as for South Park, I played it a few times at a friend's place but never quite beat the game (which you get a spiffy Kenny avatar outfit if you're into that sort of thing) but I enjoyed it enough that I think I'll grab it tomorrow.

It's a shame that Trenched Iron Brigade isn't on sale again as well. Seems like a given for a sale of this genre. Same goes for Crystal Defenders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's no co-op in OMD! Although that's the reason I'm not interested in Dungeon Defenders. From the demo I go the impression that it'd be overly difficult playing solo.

[quote name='VVaffle']Looks like stuff is starting to pop up:
Defense Grid 800 -> 400

I guess it's a tower-defense theme this week. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

The lack of Iron Brigade is disappointing. I guess we won't see it on Dotw soon, because it was released on Europe last month. :(

Tried Orcs Must Die trial - it's not bad, but man - horde modes needs co-op. It's like playing Gears horde alone. :/
Probably i will get Dungeon Defenders.

[quote name='Sath666']The lack of Iron Brigade is disappointing. I guess we won't see it on Dotw soon, because it was released on Europe last month. :(

Tried Orcs Must Die trial - it's not bad, but man - horde modes needs co-op. It's like playing Gears horde alone. :/[/QUOTE]

If you're playing it like Horde or even Horde 2.0, it's basically unwinnable. It's much more tower defense than it is a shooter.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine'] It's much more tower defense than it is a shooter.[/QUOTE]

I know, but still horde-like games with waves of enemies are more fun with one or more friends. Dunno if is just me, but i got bored fast when play them alone.

[quote name='Sath666']I know, but still horde-like games with waves of enemies are more fun with one or more friends. Dunno if is just me, but i got bored fast when play them alone.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are lots of others like you. I'm a big fan of traditional tower defense games, which are all singleplayer.

Picked up Dead Space 2 dlc last night. Don't own the game but think I probably will in the future.

Anyways think I'll be skipping this sale. Have defense grid and south park all ready. Own Ors must die (pc) and Dungeon Defenders (android and pc)

If I remember correctly to get the kenny avatar outfit in south park you can hit start and skip all the levels to beat the game if you impatient or just don't feel like playing it anymore. Game is much more fun if you can find friends to play with. By myself I got bored quickly and only was playing it because it was South Park.

Definitely in for Dungeon Defenders. Was half tempted to pick it up at full price after trying the demo, but didn't since I have such a backlog. Glad I waited.

Nice to see some newer good games on sale. Although I understand Dungeon Defenders is good, I really didn't like it, but for 600 points, I'm in for Orcs Must Die. Too bad none of the Defense Grid DLC went down in price, but the Portal stuff is fairly new.

I enjoyed co-opping and figuring things out on South Park: Lets Go Tower Defense Play! with a friend. I've yet to really sink some time into Defense Grid, and the GLaDOS DLC has my interest, just because it is GLaDOS. Both titles I had acquired from previous sales. A shame the DLC is not on sale for those of us who already got them from previous sales (I also missed out on the season 13 of South Park DLC).

For a tower defense theme, I too am saddened by the absence of Trenched/Iron Brigade, but I understand the set of circumstances which may be the reason for me to wait longer.

It seems as if Dungeon Defenders has more exclusive aspects on other platforms, namely PSN (because I expect PC versions to always have more user created content as well as a more frequent update patchings). Are there any standout features of the game on Xbox Live (aside from the obvious "Live has a better community"), like exclusive items or levels? (also, I'm now spoiled expecting 1200MSP titles getting a 50% discount, so the old 33% for 1200MSP titles means the game has to live up to the 800MSP)

Now that I have lost all my co-op partners on Xbox Live, due to their/my work/schooling/life (I can only blame myself), I am looking at more single player experiences. Orcs Must Die's only hype I got was from the dashboard videos (Major Nelson or Insider Moves, forgot which), and reading here that the game is a solo horde mode potentially could fit my needs at this time. I really enjoy horde mode with friends, but with my recent lack of friends on Live, would this be a good substitute?

With all the recent posts on FIFA hacks, I am growing concerned. I grabbed a few 4000MSP cards when buy.com offered them for cheap. I only input them when needed, but at this time over 3500MSP are just sitting idle on my account. I have much I am anticipating on the Live Marketplaces, but these hacks scare me. So would it be prudent for me to clear out my remaining MSP to avoid a headache? I have been desiring the SNK XBLA releases, and a sale has yet to materialize, that could help clear out the points, but I'd so much prefer if the prices for those titles to be more reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dirtyvu']the best way to avoid the FIFA problem is to make sure your EA account information is different from your Xbox information. too many people are using the same email and password for both systems. you don't even need to own FIFA. If you own any EA games with an EA account, then you can be hacked.

what people are doing is calling EA support and able to get EA login information and then figuring out the entry into Xbox Live.

people are supposed to have different passwords and emails for every system, including message boards but they often don't because it's hard to remember so many. if you don't have a system to have many passwords, use a service like last password or 1password.

also use a combination of upper case and lower case letters in your password as well as numbers. do not use dictionary words or proper nouns.[/QUOTE]

If that was the case, why wouldn't PS3 users also be affected? Presumably many PS3 gamers have the same log-in and password on EA, just like Xbox gamers, yet there is no report of the same scam on PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back