XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VVaffle']
It's a shame that Trenched Iron Brigade isn't on sale again as well. Seems like a given for a sale of this genre. Same goes for Crystal Defenders.[/QUOTE]

On sale again? Did I miss one?

[quote name='Sath666']The lack of Iron Brigade is disappointing. I guess we won't see it on Dotw soon, because it was released on Europe last month. :([/QUOTE]

This. Seems like a perfect week to include it imo. It could have been a US only sale and I would have been just fine with that ;)

At least I can get Orcs Must Die! this week. Already own Dungeon Defenders and can't complain about paying full price for it since I played probably close to 100 hours of it with my brother for the first few weeks after launch. Tons of fun.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Major Nelson has posted next week's DotW. Does anyone know what The Lost and Damned JP is?
GTA IV 1/17 – 1/23 25% off
GTA IV – The Ballad of Gay Tony 1/17 – 1/23 800 (50% off)
GTA IV – The Lost and Damned JP 1/17 – 1/23 800 (50% off)
GTA IV – The Lost and Damned 1/17 – 1/23 400 (50% off)
GTA San Andreas 1/17 – 1/23 800 (33% off)
http://majornelson.com/2012/01/10/a-look-at-content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox/[/QUOTE]

Oh sweet, I've been waiting for GTA IV stuff to finally go on sale! (yes, I'm being sarcastic)

[quote name='Felder71']On sale again? Did I miss one?[/QUOTE]For some reason I remembered it being discounted to 800 but I guess it was just a combination of bad memory and drowsiness. Totally wrong on that. It really should have been discounted by now.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']The developer for Choplifter HD thinks we should pay more for their game because they overpaid for pretty graphics. Hilarious! http://www.xblafans.com/choplifter-...developer-defends-high-price-point-35949.html[/QUOTE]

Facepalm, indeed. You guys sure remember these games Gatling gears, Swarm and few others, which were overpriced and month later they got permanent price cut to 800MSP, thanks to the horrible sales figures. Something similar will happen with Choplifter HD - i just can't see this sells good with 1200MSP price tag. :roll:

[quote name='Vegan']Just don't have any payment methods tied to your account. Get rid any credit card or Paypal. Use nothing but redemption codes, and don't hoard points, it's the only way to be sure.[/QUOTE]

And make sure your xbox account has password that you dont use on ANYTHING else. Make it completely unique to that account, dont leave a payment method on there, and you'll be fine.

Well, at least I know ahead of time, nothing for me next week.

Not that any of you care, but here are games I'm waiting for a sale on:

Toy Soliders: Cold War
Iron Brigade
Skydrift (could have sworn this would have happened already, I didn't think it was that popular)
Guardian Heroes
Maybe Daytona USA if I'm feeling saucy

[quote name='eastx']That's not so much funny as simply believing in their game. Obviously CAGs aren't going to go crazy over the higher price point, but at least the Choplifter devs worked hard on their game.[/QUOTE]

If they were talking about the game itself, I'd agree with you. But all the justification is how expensive the art was.

I'll probably pick up Dungeon Defenders though it would have been nice if it was 600 too. :) Is there still a good community going for that game? And has Trenched/Iron Brigade ever been on sale yet?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'll probably pick up Dungeon Defenders though it would have been nice if it was 600 too. :) Is there still a good community going for that game? And has Trenched/Iron Brigade ever been on sale yet?[/QUOTE]

If you want to know the sale history for anything on the XBox Marketplace, just check xbldb.com It's a great resource.

Just had my account compromised! I noticed it about 1 hour after it occurred, but I had over 5,000 points stolen. Everyone should check to make sure they don't have any eamils saying an alternate email address was added to their windows live account or their xbox says they were previously signed into another console!

The alternate email was a @qq.com address, which I believe was the same domain used during the FIFA incident. I've never played FIFA, but still, wanna make sure I warn my fellow CAGs.

EDIT: Also, the items on my billing.microsoft.com were all "GOLD PLAYERS PREMIUM"...so definitely seems FIFA/EA related

EDIT 2: Looks like my recent game played is GODDAMN FIFA now...they better be able to remove it off my list and the achievements associated with it, I am fucking crazy OCD about that shit.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Just had my account compromised![/QUOTE]Do you have an EA account? Does it use the same email/password as your XBL account?

[quote name='eugaet']Do you have an EA account? Does it use the same email/password as your XBL account?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and partially yes (at the time, they were temporarily set the same)

[quote name='Vegan']Just don't have any payment methods tied to your account. Get rid any credit card or Paypal. Use nothing but redemption codes, and don't hoard points, it's the only way to be sure.[/QUOTE]

How do you take your CC info off?

[quote name='GUNNM']That sucks man, why has no one called out EA for this shit?[/QUOTE]

I know, right?! I mean I thought the whole EA shit was over, but if its still going on that means their "private information" is still unsecured.

[quote name='VVaffle']It's a shame that Trenched Iron Brigade isn't on sale again as well. Seems like a given for a sale of this genre. Same goes for Crystal Defenders.[/QUOTE]

And Toy Soldiers: Cold War

ReddJoey, I like how you included the Metacritic scores with the links in the OP. Did you just start doing that, or have you done it for a while and I'm just noticing it? Anyway, genius!

And can we talk about Dungeon Defenders for a minute. What I'm getting from reviews and word of mouth is that as a single player game, it might not be all that fun (i.e. too difficult)? Anyone play this strictly single player and what are your impressions? Or anyone that played it co-op can probably weigh in on what it would be like to play single player.

I noticed on Major Nelson's update that Kingdoms of Amular is getting a demo on 1/17. I have high hopes for this game and it looks like the developer is confident they have a good game by releasing a demo so far in advance. The is from the studio Curt Schilling sunk a bunch of money into so I hope they do well.

Man I've been spoiled by Steam. These games were on sale for so much cheaper (sans SPLGTDP of course). Only two I don't own I have on Steam and in comparison paid a fraction of what they are on sale for on XBLA.

Been waiting for Orcs Must Die and Dungeon Defenders to go on sale. Will be picking these up for sure. Need more points though so I'm going to have to grab a card after work.

Now they should have included Iron Brigade in the sale. I so want to play that game.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']If they were talking about the game itself, I'd agree with you. But all the justification is how expensive the art was.[/QUOTE]

It's not just art, but creating unique enemies for levels, etc. Basically making a game with a lot of variety in every respect as opposed to heavily reusing assets. At least, that's my take on what he said. And it makes sense that some games cost more to produce than others. Whether it's a good idea to go crazy with the game's budget is another issue.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Man I've been spoiled by Steam. These games were on sale for so much cheaper (sans SPLGTDP of course). Only two I don't own I have on Steam and in comparison paid a fraction of what they are on sale for on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Can I ask what you paid?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I know, right?! I mean I thought the whole EA shit was over, but if its still going on that means their "private information" is still unsecured.[/QUOTE]

We can take all the best measures to secure our accounts, but some dumbass at EA can still be social engineered into giving out our information.

I haven't been hacked, but I've taken measures to secure my account. Its getting to risky to have a stored payment option, especially when that option was my bank debit card. Removed it today. Point cards only for now on.

So much for the electronic convienance of the future: thanks alot hackers... I await payment verification via Kinect facial and voice recognition: Ball is in your court, Microsoft: don't disappoint...

[quote name='cancerman1120']Can I ask what you paid?[/QUOTE]
I grabbed Orcs Must Die for 3.75 with the DLC added in and then for Dungeon Defenders I got it for 1.99 off Amazon, I think that was 3.75 on Steam

[quote name='eastx']It's not just art, but creating unique enemies for levels, etc. Basically making a game with a lot of variety in every respect as opposed to heavily reusing assets. At least, that's my take on what he said. And it makes sense that some games cost more to produce than others. Whether it's a good idea to go crazy with the game's budget is another issue.[/QUOTE]

If he's claiming the made a game with good variety, the reviews say he's a liar. :)

[quote name='Outinthedark']
EDIT 2: Looks like my recent game played is GODDAMN FIFA now...they better be able to remove it off my list and the achievements associated with it, I am fucking crazy OCD about that shit.[/QUOTE]

I'm amused by the fact that your account was hacked, and you're most annoyed by the association between your account and achievements to a game you don't own. :lol:

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I grabbed Orcs Must Die for 3.75 with the DLC added in and then for Dungeon Defenders I got it for 1.99 off Amazon, I think that was 3.75 on Steam[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I only ask because I have accumulated my points at about 50% off (sales,promos,rewards) so I tend to get these games even cheaper but those are great prices for the PC versions.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Just had my account compromised! I noticed it about 1 hour after it occurred, but I had over 5,000 points stolen. Everyone should check to make sure they don't have any eamils saying an alternate email address was added to their windows live account or their xbox says they were previously signed into another console!

The alternate email was a @qq.com address, which I believe was the same domain used during the FIFA incident. I've never played FIFA, but still, wanna make sure I warn my fellow CAGs.

EDIT: Also, the items on my billing.microsoft.com were all "GOLD PLAYERS PREMIUM"...so definitely seems FIFA/EA related

EDIT 2: Looks like my recent game played is GODDAMN FIFA now...they better be able to remove it off my list and the achievements associated with it, I am fucking crazy OCD about that shit.[/QUOTE]
I think they can but everyone who I've seen hacked and get their accounts back never had it removed so it looks like you're SOL or play fifa 12 to 1000

[quote name='cancerman1120']Can I ask what you paid?[/QUOTE]

Same as above ~$3.75 w/ both DLC's for Orcs Must Die, $1.88 in a 4 pack for Dungeon Defenders, and Defense Grid w/ all the DLC's (minus the newest Portal 2 one) was like ~$3.75.

All of them have been 75% off and that goes for their DLC as well.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Same as above ~$3.75 w/ both DLC's for Orcs Must Die, $1.88 in a 4 pack for Dungeon Defenders, and Defense Grid w/ all the DLC's (minus the newest Portal 2 one) was like ~$3.75.

All of them have been 75% off and that goes for their DLC as well.[/QUOTE]

I might have to look at this option. My cpu is not the greatest but I would think it could run those games.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']If he's claiming the made a game with good variety, the reviews say he's a liar. :)[/QUOTE]

There are only two reviews so far, and IGN's definitely praises the variety. Yeah, OXM didn't like it, but they're far from the be-all-end-all of game reviews. Hells, their reviewer torched Otomedius Excellent, a game that many shmup fans highly enjoy.

Hmmm. I will pick up Ors Must Die. Half off is good. Dungeon Defenders still 800 points is more than I want to pay for it so I will wait and hope it drops to at least 50 percent off at another time. With how often some titles go on sale I am not worried. :)

[quote name='MfMonster']Hmmm. I will pick up Ors Must Die. Half off is good. Dungeon Defenders still 800 points is more than I want to pay for it so I will wait and hope it drops to at least 50 percent off at another time. With how often some titles go on sale I am not worried. :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe it will become the new Risk:D

[quote name='tylerh1701']

And can we talk about Dungeon Defenders for a minute. What I'm getting from reviews and word of mouth is that as a single player game, it might not be all that fun (i.e. too difficult)? Anyone play this strictly single player and what are your impressions? Or anyone that played it co-op can probably weigh in on what it would be like to play single player.[/QUOTE]

I play single player and it's a challenge at first, but once you learn your class its a blast. Very rewarding to replay the levels and obtain better loot.

Picked up Burnout Crash. Seems like fun but I either suck really bad or it is a lot of dumb luck.

Also if anyone picks up South Park and wants someone to play with, feel free to add me.

Majornelson tweeted next week's dotw. It's the usual prices for gta 4 and it's dlc as well as San Andreas. Can't type it out at work.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Picked up Burnout Crash. Seems like fun but I either suck really bad or it is a lot of dumb luck.[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying it too. There is a lot of luck, but there's some skill in it too. I don't think it's the best game ever, but there's enough entertainment to make it worth the sale price.

[quote name='jcmproch']I play single player and it's a challenge at first, but once you learn your class its a blast. Very rewarding to replay the levels and obtain better loot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I am getting the demo to check it out. But I think I will hold out for at least a few days since it's priced at 800. PSN is doing a 12 games for 2012 sale starting on the 17th, and I think this one will pop up there for 50% off (for PS+), so I'm hoping they announce the games before this sale ends.

Also, I'd love any other input about single player dungeon defenders impressions. (I'm not 100% against going online to play, I just usually enjoy playing with myself. ;))

[quote name='eastx']There are only two reviews so far, and IGN's definitely praises the variety. Yeah, OXM didn't like it, but they're far from the be-all-end-all of game reviews. Hells, their reviewer torched Otomedius Excellent, a game that many shmup fans highly enjoy.[/QUOTE]

OXM actually has some of the best and most consistent reviews of any source especially considering it is specialized for certain games.

Otomedius Excellent is an awful game. If you go by Metacritic, it has an average of 50 for example (the review OXM gave it) and no review higher than 67. Remember fans of a particular series or whatever will try extra hard to like a crappy game that is based on that media.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm amused by the fact that your account was hacked, and you're most annoyed by the association between your account and achievements to a game you don't own. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']I think they can but everyone who I've seen hacked and get their accounts back never had it removed so it looks like you're SOL or play fifa 12 to 1000[/QUOTE]

lol, ya, I refuse to play games I don't own because I can't stand them being listed in my played games list more than the achievements. Its crazy I know, but w/e. Pisses off alot of friends who are willing to rent games for me so I can play with them over xbox live.

Guess I'd have to buy FIFA when it drops in teh sub-$5 zone....its sick that I am not entirely joking :cry:. At least I don't have a problem about not 1000/1000 a game, as achievements don't matter to me unless they are missable and unobtainable after a story.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']lol, ya, I refuse to play games I don't own because I can't stand them being listed in my played games list more than the achievements. Its crazy I know, but w/e. Pisses off alot of friends who are willing to rent games for me so I can play with them over xbox live.

Guess I'd have to buy FIFA when it drops in teh sub-$5 zone....its sick that I am not entirely joking :cry:. At least I don't have a problem about not 1000/1000 a game, as achievements don't matter to me unless they are missable and unobtainable after a story.[/QUOTE]
if you just hit the guide button, move one tab over and click on achievements, you can hover over fifa and hit the X button to delete the game history.

[quote name='harry hood']if you just hit the guide button, move one tab over and click on achievements, you can hover over fifa and hit the X button to delete the game history.[/QUOTE]

Not if there's an achievement unlocked for it, which I believe he said there was.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Not if there's an achievement unlocked for it, which I believe he said there was.[/QUOTE]

Yep, he will keep Fifa12 game history on his card for forever. Even MS will not remove it after they refund his MSP. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back