XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']I find it odd they would launch in alphabetical order[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just noticed that and edited my post :D

Although if I was I Am Alive or Alan Wake I would not want to release on MArch 7th with ME3

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I was just thinking how all the XBOX fanboys were bashing Sony when PSN was hacked. I wonder where they are now? :p

I think both hacks sucked, but nothing is 100% secure, but the fanboys were claiming how it would never happen on XBL.

Not trying to derail the topic, just found that funny.[/QUOTE]

I'm not partial to either system. I own both. I'm too old, (30), to be a fanboy.

I won't do business with Sony again because they failed to properly protect their network and server infrastructure, (they were storing passwords in plain text, for f#ck's sake!), and compromised ny debit card. I had to cancel it, and wait two weeks for a replacement card.

I haven't been hacked on Xbox. But, I've taken security measures, (removing my card and changing my password).

From a grown up point of view, this isn't about "fanboyism". It's about protecting ourselves from fraud and identity theft.

Downloaded the trial for Dungeon Defenders and didn't think it was that great (it's probably better in co-op) but had a blast with the Orcs Must Die trial, so I'll be getting that. :)

[quote name='yantelope']I picked up Orcs Must Die. Hope it's easier to play by yourself than Trenched was.[/QUOTE]

Orcs Must Die is only single player so you don't really have a choice. Beating the levels isn't too hard, but getting the best rating (5 stars) in certain stages can be tough until you get better weapons/upgrades.

Also based on what I've heard Dungeon Defenders is meant to be play coop only. I messed around with the PC version a bit by myself and it wasn't very interesting. Might pick it up on XBLA if I can convince a friend or two to do the same...

Hehehe I picked up Orcs must die and Defense grid last week for full price. Oh well, when you spend 45000 MSP on games in month you're bound to pick up some games that will go on sale the next couple of weeks. :)

[quote name='reddjoey']I find it odd they would launch in alphabetical order[/QUOTE]

What are the odds of that? 4x4x4x4? So 1 in 256? Sorry, I know it's a pointless question, but I'm a math nerd who's not longer very good at math, but I still want to know. :)

EDIT: Rethinking, it may be 4x3x2x1, so 1 in 24. That sounds like a better answer.

[quote name='Doctor Who']Downloaded the trial for Dungeon Defenders and didn't think it was that great (it's probably better in co-op) but had a blast with the Orcs Must Die trial, so I'll be getting that. :)[/QUOTE]

Seems to be the consensus for DD. Also, it sounds like DD gets infinitely more fun as you start leveling up your characters and get access to way more weapons, traps, etc. From what I've read the demo is not a good reflection of the game.

[quote name='ooga']Hehehe I picked up Orcs must die and Defense grid last week for full price. Oh well, when you spend 45000 MSP on games in month you're bound to pick up some games that will go on sale the next couple of weeks. :)[/QUOTE]

45000MSP? As in $562 worth of XBLA goods?

[quote name='ooga']Hehehe I picked up Orcs must die and Defense grid last week for full price. Oh well, when you spend 45000 MSP on games in month you're bound to pick up some games that will go on sale the next couple of weeks. :)[/QUOTE]

it also says that youve played some games in 1753, as in the year 1753. something is not sitting right with me about your activity and claims.
very odd.

January price drops are posted on the dash, and they're all Games on Demand games. Still no explanation of those 7 random price drops. I think I'm gonna jump on Golf: Tee It Up just in case.

Regarding the Party games, Nexuiz was a budget shooter on PC some years back. Kinda surprised to see it get rehosted to XBLA.

Alan Wake billing itself as having intense weapons and battling your evil clone. I don't know whether to be impressed or mortified. Still, I know I'll be definitely double dipping for the Steam Alan Wake and the PC American Nightmare just to see how beautiful AW is in a good resolution... Maybe. If it's a good port.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Regarding the Party games, Nexuiz was a budget shooter on PC some years back. Kinda surprised to see it get rehosted to XBLA.[/QUOTE]

I think it has been rebuilt though, using the CryEngine 3.

Nexuiz is a free first-person shooter video game developed and published by Alientrap Software. It is free and open-source software and is distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Version 1.0 of the game was released on May 31, 2005. The current version, 2.5.2, was released on October 1, 2009. Nexuiz uses DarkPlaces, a significantly modified Quake engine. A new version of Nexuiz is currently in development by a company known as Illfonic and will be released for consoles, as well as digital download through Steam.
On July 13, 2010, Crytek announced that it had licensed the Cryengine 3 for Illfonic's Nexuiz.

Orcs Must Die! Someone someone heard my suggestion of a tower defense day (now week). I'm not as sad about the countdown now. Also: Bastion was so enjoyable to me that I immediately bought the soundtrack from Amazon for $5 after finishing the game. (It's $9 now)

Dungeon Defenders seems to be much much better on PC for me. Text is easier to read, regular released DLC, and better controls.

I'm going to try the OMD tonight and see if I like it on XBLA

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Either:
Lying
Mistaken
stupid

Theres not that much on your entire card

and it cant be an extra 0 as you bought a few GoD that take it over 4500

Anyway, i picked up Orcs, demo was just plain fun

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ivegotalobon']Yeah, I call bullshit.

Either:
Lying
Mistaken
stupid

and it cant be an extra 0 as you bought a few GoD that take it over 4500[/QUOTE]

He might have messed up but 45000 isnt that much, last year i went through 20,000 points like they were nothing, and that was in a 1 or 2 month span lol. Granted i buy GoD games, thats probably why i go through them so fast

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Yeah, I call bullshit.

Either:
Lying
Mistaken
stupid

and it cant be an extra 0 as you bought a few GoD that take it over 4500[/QUOTE]

None of the above. Everything on my list since the Gunstringer was bought this month except for Keflings and Axel an Pixel.
That includes a bunch of GOD games (1600 - 1800) and what you don't see in there is all the DLC I picked up. The DLC for NFS alone was 1400 points for example.
If you're really interested here is what I picked up from a spreadsheet I keep.

400 Aces of the Galaxy
400 After Burner Climax
400 Bangai-O
600 Bastion
80 Bastion DLC
1200 Battlefield: Bad Compay 2
1600 Beautiful Katamari
1200 Bejeweled 3
600 BFBC2 Vietnam
800 Bionic Commando Rearmed
600 Bloodrayne
400 Burnout Crash
400 Chime
400 Commanders: Attack
1200 Death Spank TOV
240 Death Spank TOV DLC
800 Defense Grid
400 Dragon Age 2: Legacy
800 Enslaved DLC
1200 From Dust
480 Fruit Ninja DLC
800 Galaga Legions DX
400 Golf: Tee it up
800 Guardian Heroes
240 Gunstringer DLC
800 Half Minute Hero
600 Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
1200 Iron Brigade
1200 Joe Danger SE
560 Katamari DLC
1600 Mass Effect
600 MK Pass
800 Monkey Island 2
1800 Monopoly Streets
1200 NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
1800 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
1200 NFL Blitz
1400 NFS: HP DLC
1200 Orcs Must Die
400 Orcs Must Die DLC
800 Pacman CE DX
600 Plants vs Zombies
600 Portal: Still Alive
800 Puzzle Quest
800 Puzzle Quest 2
600 Radiant Silvergun
600 Renegade Ops
400 Rock of Ages
240 Sonic & Knuckles
1600 Sonic & Sega Racing
160 Sonic 1
160 Sonic 2
160 Sonic 3
320 Sonic 4
320 Sonic Adventure
160 Sonic Adventure DX
400 Sonic CD
600 Street Fighter III Online
400 Switchball
1200 The Baconing
100 The Maw DLC
1200 Toy Soldiers
1200 Trine 2
400 Vigilante 8 Arcade

[quote name='media_wonder']but 45000 isnt that much[/QUOTE]

That's $562.50. On XBLA. In a month. That qualifies as "that much" to me.

[quote name='shinn']it also says that youve played some games in 1753, as in the year 1753. something is not sitting right with me about your activity and claims.
very odd.[/QUOTE]

Damn, the cat is out of the bag. I am a shopaholic immortal vampire. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']That is a list filled with WIN[/QUOTE]

Yup. Got a bunch of gift cards and thought what the hell...I'll pick up all the good games I don't have and it won't cost me a thing. If I was using real money I would not have splurged like this. :)

[quote name='gordojones88']It's door number 3.[/QUOTE]

You should try that door, it may be a huge step up for you. I hope you know how to work the door handle. :roll:

[quote name='ooga']None of the above. Everything on my list since the Gunstringer was bought this month except for Keflings and Axel an Pixel.
That includes a bunch of GOD games (1600 - 1800) and what you don't see in there is all the DLC I picked up. The DLC for NFS alone was 1400 points for example.
If you're really interested here is what I picked up from a spreadsheet I keep. [/quote]

I'd rather see your page from here: https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx

Screenshot it! lol

[quote name='tylerh1701']January price drops are posted on the dash, and they're all Games on Demand games. Still no explanation of those 7 random price drops. I think I'm gonna jump on Golf: Tee It Up just in case.[/QUOTE]

I still think they are the XBLA recently reduced. I glanced at the list in the dash and they all seemed like they were caught at the same time. It just seems the dash is missing all of the XBLA games.

Well I got Defense Grid. Seems like a by the numbers Tower Defense but for 400 points it should scratch that itch. Dungeon Defenders was not my cup of tea really. Meant to be played in co-op and I am more a single player kind of guy. I also did not like the camera (most angles) at all. The RPG aspect to the game was nice though...maybe I will get it on PC. Undecided on Orcs must Die. It was fun and I like the third person shooter aspect of the game but it may get old fast.

For what it's worth, DG is definitely by the numbers TD. Just to listen to a British dude talk for a while, it's probably worth the money. I don't care about TD though, sadly, but it's still a competent product.

Orcs Must Die was raucous fun for me for roughly 45 minutes and now I'll never touch it again. YMMV

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I got Defense Grid. Seems like a by the numbers Tower Defense but for 400 points it should scratch that itch. Dungeon Defenders was not my cup of tea really. Meant to be played in co-op and I am more a single player kind of guy. I also did not like the camera (most angles) at all. The RPG aspect to the game was nice though...maybe I will get it on PC. Undecided on Orcs must Die. It was fun and I like the third person shooter aspect of the game but it may get old fast.[/QUOTE]

Ya, the Dungeon Defenders demo does an excellent job of getting the point across that the game is built for co-op. Way too much running around, collecting mana, and building towers for one person, and the map in the demo was WAY too big for one person. Like you said, the RPG aspect was awesome, but it's just not gonna happen for me.

I did get Orcs Must Die without hesitation. I demo'd it when it came out and had an absolute blast. Can't wait to dig deeper into it, but Rayman Origins and Crysis 1 are both ahead of it in the backlog, so I won't be playing it for at least a couple weeks.

Defense Grid is totally a by-the-numbers tower defense. It never did anything for me, but it is completely competent in what it does.

South Park Tower Defense was essentially my introduction to tower defense games, so I'll always love it (the South Park tie in helps as well). It's probably not deep enough for tower defense enthusiasts, but I'd still recommend it to anybody.

I liked Defense Grid a lot... but it gets really difficult (maybe not for people really good at the genre, but about half way in I got stuck and just can't beat it).

I got excited when I saw Dungeon Defenders 400, then realized it's SAVE 400, and the original price is actually 1200 so that makes it 800, in which case I'm finding it hard to bite. How is the split screen co-op for it? I've been looking more and more for games with good couch co-op so if it's good for that I might just grab it anyways.

And debating Orcs Must Die, looks good but I don't know how much fun a game like that'd be for single-player, I don't usually enjoy single player games any more unless there's a great story to it.

edit: also, south park is pretty good, but also gets quite hard and near impossible without 4 players, and back when I was playing it I found it difficult to match up with anyone online. maybe this sale will bring more people to playing it though. if anyone does get it and needs an extra player feel free to friend request / invite me

[quote name='nadohawk']Otomedius Excellent is an awful game. If you go by Metacritic, it has an average of 50 for example (the review OXM gave it) and no review higher than 67. Remember fans of a particular series or whatever will try extra hard to like a crappy game that is based on that media.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so you've played Otomedius? It's not awful at all. The shmup genre is just a bit niche and a lot of reviewers either don't understand or appreciate it, which is definitely the case with the OXM review. My own professional review gave it a 3.5 out of 5. The game has some rough spots like the crummy multiplayer, but it's still one of the better shmups to make it to the US in recent years.

I had a lot of fun with Dungeon Defenders when I tried it on the PC at a friend's place. Great 4 player game. Waiting for a sale on the 360. I, ahem, have easy access to the PC version.

South Park, from the demo seems like a fun multiplayer game. But I don't know if it would draw me as a single player.

From the demo, Defense Grid was a lot of fun to me. But it's only single player. Almost ready to pull the trigger on it.

From the demo, Orcs didn't do it for me. Maybe it was because I was in party chat and it was hard to concentrate on the game while talking to multiple people. Again, it's only single player which is a negative to me.

I haven't bought anything off XBL in quite some time. I played through 'Splosion Man on the XBLA Triple Pack. I quickly became a fan of the developer, Twisted Pixel. Keeping an eye out on this thread for a deal on The Maw. Game looks awesome. Can't believe it never hit my radar.

[quote name='KemperJones']I haven't bought anything off XBL in quite some time. I played through 'Splosion Man on the XBLA Triple Pack. I quickly became a fan of the developer, Twisted Pixel. Keeping an eye out on this thread for a deal on The Maw. Game looks awesome. Can't believe it never hit my radar.[/QUOTE]

They used to give away The Maw all the time for little promotions here and there, but I haven't seen that in a while.

I'll be honest, I just want more new games from Twisted Pixel so I can get more of that Beard video when you load up the game. I Can't get over it for some reason.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'll be honest, I just want more new games from Twisted Pixel so I can get more of that Beard video when you load up the game. I Can't get over it for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Hipster beard is one of Austin's main exports

Orcs Must Die was one of my favorite XBLA games of the year...really enjoyed getting 200 on it :)

Gonna try my hand at Defense Grid now.

[quote name='Felder71']They used to give away The Maw all the time for little promotions here and there, but I haven't seen that in a while.[/QUOTE]
I thought you could still get The Maw for free if you buy Bastion on the Microsoft Store site? Of course, you still have to pay the $15 for Bastion.

[quote name='Kerig']Orcs Must Die! Someone someone heard my suggestion of a tower defense day (now week). I'm not as sad about the countdown now. Also: Bastion was so enjoyable to me that I immediately bought the soundtrack from Amazon for $5 after finishing the game. (It's $9 now)[/QUOTE]

I didn't enjoy Bastion the game quite as much as I'd expected to, but you're right that the music is excellent. If anyone has a Spotify account, I just discovered this morning that the soundtrack is available on there: http://open.spotify.com/album/2r4a3PREYIRF2QdbcPnrEO And just to make sure I keep this post relevant to the thread, I have a question about Dungeon Defenders: can you play 4 player co-op over Live with 2 consoles each with 2 players playing splitscreen? I'm thinking of picking this up to play with my wife and another couple, but I'm not sure how the couch co-op is.

[quote name='dirtyvu']the best way to avoid the FIFA problem is to make sure your EA account information is different from your Xbox information. too many people are using the same email and password for both systems. you don't even need to own FIFA. If you own any EA games with an EA account, then you can be hacked.
[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list of those who've been bamboozled.

After reading a similar post elsewhere two days ago, I purposely went on ea.com and changed my new password then yesterday I was hacked.

There's absolutely no way that's a coincidence. To me, it seems like this is inside-work at EA, this just seems way too coincidental that I change my password and then, bam, within 10 hours I'm hacked and lost 10k in points that I had built-up. Luckily, I didn't have any CC attached to my gamertag--and seeing how it is that MS makes it near-impossible to take all of your payment methods off your account (as I found out trying to remove my gf's) I'm glad I never made the mistake of adding any.

Did you change your Live password though? Changing your EA password now wouldn't matter if someone had already gotten ahold of it days or weeks ago.

Is the DLC for Dungeon Defenders on sale? I never paid attention to the price and was looking to grab this too. Love the game so far but wish they had the support the PC version did.

[quote name='brkptr']And just to make sure I keep this post relevant to the thread, I have a question about Dungeon Defenders: can you play 4 player co-op over Live with 2 consoles each with 2 players playing splitscreen? I'm thinking of picking this up to play with my wife and another couple, but I'm not sure how the couch co-op is.[/QUOTE]

If our stats page at Co-Optimus is correct, you can have any combination of splitscreen and online players in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back