XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']And on the flipside, while contracting at Microsoft in 2011[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. What do you do in the industry though?

[quote name='Cornelius']A new challenger has just entered the XBLA compilation disc arena:
Deadliest Warrior - Ancient Combat ... contains the 2 XBLA games, all DLC, and 6 FULL episodes of the hit TV series!!![/QUOTE]
(bump)

Another link for the Deadliest Warrior disc coming April 17th ... please add to the XBLA compilation disc list:
Yes, you're paying $29.99 MSRP for 2240pts (~$28) worth of XBLA/DLC, but I'm sure you'll see it on GameStop's used shelf for $10 soon enough. :D

[quote name='Cornelius']Agreed ... it's been fairly crappy the way Rockstar dropped "L.A. Noire" so fast. Then Rockstar agrees to have XBL Marketplace discount the "season pass" a few weeks back for cheap (which is good!) ... but now those that don't know any better will probably pick up everything in-duh-vidually for more than the "season pass" ... and then I also doubt people know there's a "complete edition" out now.

Just a rotten experience all around.[/QUOTE]
How much was the season pass? I picked up the game for ~$5 and got ms points from GS with credit, so this deal seems pretty good to me.

[quote name='Cornelius'](bump)

Another link for the Deadliest Warrior disc coming April 17th ... please add to the XBLA compilation disc list:
Yes, you're paying $29.99 MSRP for 2240pts (~$28) worth of XBLA/DLC, but I'm sure you'll see it on GameStop's used shelf for $10 soon enough. :D[/QUOTE]

I swore I added that, but I checked the FAQ and it wasn't there. I'll do it shortly.

[quote name='eastx']That's interesting. What do you do in the industry though?[/QUOTE]

As he said in his post, he can't really talk about it (NDA). As someone who has done something similar, it is likely game testing.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']As he said in his post, he can't really talk about it (NDA). As someone who has done something similar, it is likely game testing.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can make you sign an NDA that actually turns even your profession into a secret. Like, how would you ever get a new job as a game tester or artist or whatever if you couldn't tell people that you're an artist?

[quote name='eastx']I don't think they can make you sign an NDA that actually turns even your profession into a secret. Like, how would you ever get a new job as a game tester or artist or whatever if you couldn't tell people that you're an artist?[/QUOTE]

It absolutely happens. I signed an NDA were I work that says I'm not supposed to tell anyone what I do. I can't even say, "This is so-and-so, he's a coworker of mine," at a party, for instance.

No one at work actually adheres to this, but we all did sign them.

I haven't bitten on Puddle yet, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing. You've played this game before in some manner or another, but it's got a different feel to it and a slightly edgy look. For 800 points and 48 levels, I think I could go for it.

Quarrel plays and looks just like you thought. For iOS fans, in some ways the controls aren't as good (playing the letters is not as intuitive) but the board navigation is way better in my opinion. And I didn't really expect it but everything has a nice 3D look now that makes it pop, but doesn't detract from the important stuff. And it's admittedly a faster game now, as even on my iPhone 4S, it can take a second to load in between battles. I haven't bought it yet but definitely will and unless you just hate word games, for $5, you cannot go wrong with this game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The Quarrel demo is one of the best times I've had in a while. How is the campaign and difficulty curve?[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the iOS game, expect it all to be based on the characters. Some are really smart but slow, leaving you time to get in before hand. Some are fast but dumb, so you have to outthink them. And then there is Kali...good luck with that.

But it looks like there are several different modes/campaigns vs. the iOS app.

Eurogamer gives it a 9: check out the review here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-quarrel-review

Just want to say, Bioshock 2's SP DLC is great. Protector Trials is more fun than it sounds. Without foraging and with an endless income/outlay from the onslaught of enemies, the pace is just great. If you at all liked the finale of Bioshock 2 when you were nailing sploicers left and right, it's worth it.

Minerva's Den is just great as well

I will have to get to Bioshock 2 and the DLC I had already purchased from the DotW sales for it and knock those out of my backlog. I have seen the DLC appear in a few sales already, it conditions me to expect to see them on a future sale again. I find that to be unfortunate, because there are a few obscure or uncommon titles with DLC priced higher than most would prefer. Otomedius Excellent, for example, has a lot of content well overpriced in my opinion which I would love to have. A discount, even at 50% off would still be asking too much for what the Otomedius Excellent DLC offers, but would alleviate some of the cost for me to have a "complete" game. That is why I enjoyed the Xbox Live Reward offer where you purchase a certain point amount of DLC and you'd later get a refund of a portion of your spent points. There was also an offer where you buy a couple XBLA titles of your choice, and get a small refund in return as well. Those types of "open sales" I really appreciate because it empowers the consumer with choice. I know the Live team owes us nothing, and are not required to offer good sales/promotions, but I would love to have those "open sales" again, because having trouble deciding how to wisely maximise the benefit of those offers (choosing odd, obscure DLC/titles unlikely to get a sale) I feel is better than the feeling a sale will not cater to you. Here's hoping the February rewards knock our socks off.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I got an email this morning with a free 400 MS points, so I guess everyone should watch for that.[/QUOTE]

Becuase you bought Scarygirl @1200?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Any thoughts on Bastion PC vs. 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Portal Gel Canister > XBLA

Same controls using a 360 controller which I found to be better than WASD. Same game otherwise.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Any thoughts on Bastion PC vs. 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Free DLC on PC. Also goes on sale for cheaper on Steam if you're patient.

[quote name='Vegan']Free DLC on PC. Also goes on sale for cheaper on Steam if you're patient.[/QUOTE]

Free on PC vs. $1 on XBLA. If you would rather play on a big screen, don't let that deter you. Although I'm certain you'll be able to get it cheaper than $7.50 on Steam at some point.

[quote name='Felder71']Free on PC vs. $1 on XBLA. If you would rather play on a big screen, don't let that deter you. Although I'm certain you'll be able to get it cheaper than $7.50 on Steam at some point.[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about small screens? I played the Steam version of Bastion on my TV while sitting on a couch with a 360 controller in my hand.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']we had a little flare up with PSN vs XBL several pages back, lets not have the same with PC vs XBLA now.[/QUOTE]

We also had a flare up on pancakes vs. waffles several pages back, I'm still holding out on Capcom vs. SNK and I'd welcome it now (I can only wish, for XBLA).

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I got an email this morning with a free 400 MS points, so I guess everyone should watch for that.[/QUOTE]

I only ever get Gold subscription ending, new dashboard update, rewards statements, try these bogus apps, and I've added points e-mails. I wish I knew what would qualify me for these e-mails. Congrats to those who got it.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']we had a little flare up with PSN vs XBL several pages back, lets not have the same with PC vs XBLA now.[/QUOTE]

Opinions were asked for. Just correcting an assumption that's often made about small screens and sitting in office chairs. It's an becoming an older stereotype as HTPCs are trending.

I too played Bastion on my television from my PC. Got it from Steam for $4 during the holiday sale. Couldn't be happier with it. I did not intend the PC to be an HTPC or anything, but even the low to mid-range video cards have an HDMI port. Very easy to set up and the sound goes right through the HDMI connection and to the TV. It's painless.

Didn't know Quarrel was only 400 msp, think i'm going to buy it. Read what the devs. stated in an interview on joystiq and hope they actually do make $ from this game. Xbl Vision+Online play and such, worth it!

[quote name='Crono-00']We also had a flare up on pancakes vs. waffles several pages back, I'm still holding out on Capcom vs. SNK and I'd welcome it now (I can only wish, for XBLA).

.[/QUOTE]

I remember that, yes. I can't decide which side I am on. I love buttermilk pancakes and how each hot cake soaks up the syrup like a sponge, but Waffles have their own special experience where I can fill up each individual square with the maple syrup and I can also get buttermilk waffles.

[quote name='Vegan']Who said anything about small screens? I played the Steam version of Bastion on my TV while sitting on a couch with a 360 controller in my hand.[/QUOTE]
1. You launched the game with the controller? Really? That's amazing

2. You're in a very small minority who can do that, the fact that you even said that shows you don't understand what demographics users come from.

I think it's hilarious that Quarrel has Xbox Live Vision. Does anyone actually still have their cameras? Mine broke a while back and you'd think with Kinect, it would be unneeded at this point. I also think it's odd that Kinect video is not compatible with Xbox Live Vision. Seems like it's just video but I guess there's more to it then that.

[quote name='Felder71']I think it's hilarious that Quarrel has Xbox Live Vision. Does anyone actually still have their cameras?[/QUOTE]

I actually just used mine last night playing Burnout Paradise. That was the first time I had used it in close to a year though.

[quote name='Felder71']I think it's hilarious that Quarrel has Xbox Live Vision. Does anyone actually still have their cameras? Mine broke a while back and you'd think with Kinect, it would be unneeded at this point. I also think it's odd that Kinect video is not compatible with Xbox Live Vision. Seems like it's just video but I guess there's more to it then that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Live Vision is easier to implement than Kinect? I know basically nothing about programming, so that's just a wild guess.

That's good to know about Quarrel, though, since I just bought a Live Vision to use as a webcam and am interested in picking up Quarrel.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I remember that, yes. I can't decide which side I am on. I love buttermilk pancakes and how each hot cake soaks up the syrup like a sponge, but Waffles have their own special experience where I can fill up each individual square with the maple syrup and I can also get buttermilk waffles.[/QUOTE]
Pancakes... waffles... this is really an intractable conflict. They're both so delicious.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']1. You launched the game with the controller? Really? That's amazing

2. You're in a very small minority who can do that, the fact that you even said that shows you don't understand what demographics users come from.[/QUOTE]

Most individuals don't know you can play your pc games on your tv(just streaming through and hdmi cable) and you can use a regular controller instead of mouse and keyboard. I say "most individuals" since in my experience those who frequent forums, play with other RL gamers, have a pc, etc., KNOW you can do this.

I hate to use the term "hardcore gamer," but when we're talking about keeping our games owned/wanted list in a spreadsheet, that's a sign we take gaming seriously. Not saying you're a casual gamer or whatever(I don't even know how old you are), just my two cents on possibly why you've never heard of this type of set up.

BTW, hardcore gamers eat pancakes. Waffles are for grandmas and pre-teens

Getting sick of this pancakes vs waffles debate. We need to recognize french toast as a worthy competitor.

And has anyone seen a review for Puddle yet?

[quote name='Dustinator']Most individuals don't know you can play your pc games on your tv(just streaming through and hdmi cable) and you can use a regular controller instead of mouse and keyboard. I say "most individuals" since in my experience those who frequent forums, play with other RL gamers, have a pc, etc., KNOW you can do this.

I hate to use the term "hardcore gamer," but when we're talking about keeping our games owned/wanted list in a spreadsheet, that's a sign we take gaming seriously. Not saying you're a casual gamer or whatever(I don't even know how old you are), just my two cents on possibly why you've never heard of this type of set up.

BTW, hardcore gamers eat pancakes. Waffles are for grandmas and pre-teens[/QUOTE]

Funny how you pretend to be "hardcore", and then you go and blow your cover by saying pancakes are for hardcore gamers. Pancakes go great with Wii Shovelware! Any REAL hardcore gamer eats waffles and shuns pancakes!

[quote name='mpaullin']Getting sick of this pancakes vs waffles debate. We need to recognize french toast as a worthy competitor.

And has anyone seen a review for Puddle yet?[/QUOTE]

French toast is more than a worthy competitor, I wouldn't even put it on an even playing field with pancakes and waffles. I thought it was just assumed that french toast was better. Because it is.

I haven't seen any reviews for Puddle, but my review of the demo is that it's a "wait for DotW" kind of game. And the way DotW has been going lately, that may be July 2014.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']French toast is so stuck in last gen, it shouldn't even be considered as a competitor to pancakes and waffles.[/QUOTE]

Blatant trolling. :)

I like all three. I'm an EOE (Equal Opportunity Eater).

So now I'm hungry. Thanks, guys. GTFO if the french toast/waffles/pancakes are not at least 50% off, of course.

[quote name='eugaet']GTFO if the french toast/waffles/pancakes are not at least 50% off, of course.[/QUOTE]

Haha of course. My breakfast carbs backlog is too big to justify anything less than a 50% off discount.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I had a bad experience with French Toast once. I'll never be able to eat it again.[/QUOTE]
You should never get them used even if they come with the $10 syrup code. I Thought this was common knowledge.

[quote name='bardockkun']You should never get them used even if they come with the $10 syrup code. I Thought this was common knowledge.[/QUOTE]

gamestop employees are allowed to rent the new ones, so there's not really a big difference between new and used.

While I do approve of French toast's powdered sugar offerings I heard the Belgians came up with a super waffle that comes with a powdered sugar option to compete with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back