XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gabrius']These repeats are getting annoying.... especially with so much stuff out there that has NEVER been on sale...[/QUOTE]

At least next week's is a first time repeat. Though you can rest assured it will see many repeat sales in future (at least they will be more spread out than the Bethesda/Rockstar DLC sales) like nearly all of the past SoA titles. Considering last time was a one day sale I'm glad to see people are going to get another chance to buy Bastion at a discount. I have almost played through it twice and thought it was a fine quality title.

[quote name='simmias']I really liked L.A. Noire, so I liked all the DLC. Nicholson Electroplating would be the one to download if you can only get one, and Reefer Madness after that if you're getting two. But if you haven't played the game yet, you might want to do that since some people hate the style of it and wouldn't want the DLC even if it were free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I will start with the Nicholson one and check it out. Appreciate the inputs on these.

And yes, on Puzzle Quest, you can't refuse the Warlock!!! Get that DLC, hit me up if you ever want any of the achievements for it or for versus mode.

All of this talk about DLC that's never gone on sale makes me think of DLC that's never existed/never proposed to come out. I'd love to see some Williams Pinball DLC, Puzzle Quest 2 DLC, etc.

A man can dream right? :cry:

[quote name='destro4eva']
All of this talk about DLC that's never gone on sale makes me think of DLC that's never existed/never proposed to come out. I'd love to see some Williams Pinball DLC

A man can dream right? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the planned Williams Pinball DLC ended up evolving into the upcoming XBLA title from the same developer. Like Pinball FX, but with real licensed tables. Game Informer I think had a mention of it a couple months back.

[quote name='destro4eva']
All of this talk about DLC that's never gone on sale makes me think of DLC that's never existed/never proposed to come out. I'd love to see some Williams Pinball DLC, Puzzle Quest 2 DLC, etc.

A man can dream right? :cry:[/QUOTE]
http://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade?sk=wall&filter=2

You're welcome. ;)

Looks like it's almost ready to release for the smartphones (blah). Console release should be right around the corner from that. Four tables come with the release: Theatre of Magic, Black Hole, Tales of the Arabian Nights and Ripley's Believe it or Not. Medieval Madness will be the first DLC. They're planning 2 DLC releases a month, with them priced at special "Table of the Month" pricing. On phones and ipads they'll be $.99 each, on consoles more because the consoles won't let them price it that cheap apparently. But maybe $1.99 each? After the month ends it goes up to $2.99 or even $3.99 for expensive-to-license tables. And it looks like were getting The Addams Family!!!

Needless to say, it's a day one purchase for me, and I'm glad I've got a stockpile of points.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I think the confirmation he's looking for is if you are existing gold and add on an additional year, do you get the 400 points.

I can't confirm, but I'm still pretty sure the answer to that question is "No, you cannot take part in this rewards offer if you are a current Gold member".[/QUOTE]
That's what renew means
It means you're a current Gold member and you keep your subscription running

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Just got Bastion for 600 points. Can't wait to give it a go.[/QUOTE]
Why would you buy it on the last day of a month where there's no reward available instead of waiting until the 1st and see if there's any kind of promotion?

[quote name='Rollobobo']As per the first post in the thread....is Shank 2 really still coming out tomorrow? I thought it was the 8th, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Next week, yeah. ;)

When I purchase on xbox.com, it always automatically downloads to one of my consoles. How do I change it to download to my other console instead? Is there some sort of default setting? Or a "target system" option?

[quote name='RanchLizard']When I purchase on xbox.com, it always automatically downloads to one of my consoles. How do I change it to download to my other console instead? Is there some sort of default setting? Or a "target system" option?[/QUOTE]

You can only have one set. I can't remember how you change it, but keep in mind that whatever one you purchase on, that is the only one that anybody can play the game on (at least without you also being logged in on it).

A question I have is what happens if you have some games licensed on one console, and some on another, and you transfer your licenses from one to the other? Does it wipe out any licenses already on that receiving console? I accidentally bought a couple Indie games on my 2nd console and I'd like to have everything consolidate on the main one, but obviously don't want to lose all my licenses on the main one in the process!

[quote name='crunchewy']You can only have one set. I can't remember how you change it, but keep in mind that whatever one you purchase on, that is the only one that anybody can play the game on (at least without you also being logged in on it).

A question I have is what happens if you have some games licensed on one console, and some on another, and you transfer your licenses from one to the other? Does it wipe out any licenses already on that receiving console? I accidentally bought a couple Indie games on my 2nd console and I'd like to have everything consolidate on the main one, but obviously don't want to lose all my licenses on the main one in the process![/QUOTE]

I think a hard drive transfer is required. That's the only way I know of... but of course it may not be the only answer. :) I did this recently when I upgraded my hard drive from 60gb to 250gb. This would also require you to take a hard drive out of one of your xboxes... so it may be some more work on your end.

[quote name='RanchLizard']When I purchase on xbox.com, it always automatically downloads to one of my consoles. How do I change it to download to my other console instead? Is there some sort of default setting? Or a "target system" option?[/QUOTE]

If you download a game from xbox.com and log into that second console you can click on active downloads. From there you can make it download to that console and by doing so you also tell xbox.com to start sending it to that console from now on.

[quote name='crunchewy']A question I have is what happens if you have some games licensed on one console, and some on another, and you transfer your licenses from one to the other? Does it wipe out any licenses already on that receiving console? I accidentally bought a couple Indie games on my 2nd console and I'd like to have everything consolidate on the main one, but obviously don't want to lose all my licenses on the main one in the process![/QUOTE]

Yes, previous licenses are removed from all other consoles and re-licensed to the new one. The games will still remain on the console, but you will not be able to play them offline.

From the FAQ:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/FAQ
I play games on multiple consoles. Where will my downloads go?
Content will automatically download to the first console you sign into after completing a purchase on the web. If you decide to sign into a second console and you have content in the Download Queue, the items will appear in the console’s Active Downloads feature and you have the option to download content to the second console. If you choose not to download the content to the second console, the content will remain in the Download Queue until you sign into your first console.

Content that you purchased and downloaded to the second console can be downloaded again to your first console using the Download History feature.

Please Note: Changing the download location does not change the usage restrictions on the content. Usage restrictions are applied to the first console the download is started or played on.[/quote]
So you have to make sure you're signed out of your primary console before purchasing on xbox.com, then sign into the second console first after the purchase.

[quote name='ZForce915']Yes, previous licenses are removed from all other consoles and re-licensed to the new one. The games will still remain on the console, but you will not be able to play them offline.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the question, or maybe you answered my question, but it was unclear. :) The question is, will the existing licenses on the console you are transferring to be lost, or will they be retained?

[quote name='crunchewy']That wasn't the question, or maybe you answered my question, but it was unclear. :) The question is, will the existing licenses on the console you are transferring to be lost, or will they be retained?[/QUOTE]

Retained. Think of it as just moving those couple of indie games where you want them.

If someone were to transfer licenses to a new console, and NEVER sign into XBL on the old one afterward, wouldn't both have offline access to the games?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']
[quote name='tylerh1701']I think the confirmation he's looking for is if you are existing gold and add on an additional year, do you get the 400 points.

I can't confirm, but I'm still pretty sure the answer to that question is "No, you cannot take part in this rewards offer if you are a current Gold member".[/QUOTE]

That's what renew means
It means you're a current Gold member and you keep your subscription running[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Tylerh1701 was correct, I was wondering if you are a current member if it still applies. I guess the "that's what renew means" makes sense... but wouldn't that still work if you had let it lapse and were going to subscribe again?

[quote name='Slermy']Yeah, Tylerh1701 was correct, I was wondering if you are a current member if it still applies. I guess the "that's what renew means" makes sense... but wouldn't that still work if you had let it lapse and were going to subscribe again?[/QUOTE]
Yes it still applies
You get 200 points for renewing your Live account, if you do it in Jan you get those points doubled.

[quote name='Gabrius']If someone were to transfer licenses to a new console, and NEVER sign into XBL on the old one afterward, wouldn't both have offline access to the games?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can still play downloaded games offline where they were downloaded before the license transfer. With some possible exceptions to games that might require internet access.

[quote name='Gabrius']If someone were to transfer licenses to a new console, and NEVER sign into XBL on the old one afterward, wouldn't both have offline access to the games?[/QUOTE]

Never thought of it that way... someone will have to try this out. :)

I always thought that when you transfer licenses, that's it. The license can only exist on one console. Logging into the old one has nothing to do with the process. Maybe I'm thinking too hard. Or not enough.

[quote name='ZForce915']Yes. You can still play downloaded games offline where they were downloaded before the license transfer. With some possible exceptions to games that might require internet access.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I take this back. It's the opposite of this. If you remove the console license from that game you can ONLY play it ONLINE. That's because your gamertag holds the other license.

I thought it said Bastion was only on sale today earlier? Is that no longer the case? Don't mind waiting to see the Rewards change but I really don't want to miss that price.

You can sign into live with your old console. I'm pretty sure you could still play online too. Because that console still has a license to play it.

Deleting a game and redownloading it.... hmmm I don't think that would work even with the original gamertag that owns the license. The original gamertag could play it but I don't think it would download a console license.

[quote name='gage006']I thought it said Bastion was only on sale today earlier? Is that no longer the case? Don't mind waiting to see the Rewards change but I really don't want to miss that price.[/QUOTE]

Bastion is the DOTW.

You can't play a download game on a 2nd console without the license holder being signed into live on that console (they can be on a 2nd or 3rd or 4th controller, even if not playing). Offline play doesn't work on the non-licensed console. On the console it's licensed on, anybody can play it, online or off. In the case of Indie games, you can't play offline at all - the license holder needs to be signed into live.

Even though I have a huge backlog of 100's of games something tells me I should not miss out on Bastion again at this price. I already have 330 MSP so I have to decide if I want to spend $5 to get 400 more in order to get this game. Time to look at some gameplay on youtube to see if it's worth my hard earned money.

Interesting DLC related story. I ordered the latest assassins creed DLC from GS last week and the code didn't print on the receipt, but rather a message telling me it would be delivered to my digital locker once it was available printed instead. When I showed it to the clerk he was surprised as the DLC was already out, so he suggested he just cancel the order, which I did and we transferred the payment to a preorder. So surprise, surprise, guess what shows up today in my locker. The DLC code. So looks like GS have a hole in their return system. haha

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Yes it still applies
You get 200 points for renewing your Live account, if you do it in Jan you get those points doubled.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses!

What I am saying is that there would be no indication on the first console that the licenses were ever transferred if it never went online after the transfer was initiated, since that information updates when, and only when connected to XBL.

....and if true, it wouldn't even matter which profile you were signed into (offline) on the old console, no?

EDIT: am I being clear enough with my line of questioning, or do I need to go into further detail?

[quote name='Zonic505']So it seems Playstation Plus gets The Simpsons Arcade on 2/7 for free. I'm guessing that XBLA will be getting it the day after.

Either way, it seems it's coming next week.[/QUOTE]

It's an instabuy at $5. $10 though and I'll pass for now. I haven't seen anything to indicate it's more than an upscaled HD version of the arcade.

However, I do consider this a fairly big win for PS+. I mean, it's a brand "new" game on the service that lots of people are going to want and you get it for free "permanently" as long as you are a PS+ member.

[quote name='Gabrius']What I am saying is that there would be no indication on the first console that the licenses were ever transferred if it never went online after the transfer was initiated, since that information updates when, and only when connected to XBL.

....and if true, it wouldn't even matter which profile you were signed into (offline) on the old console, no?

EDIT: am I being clear enough with my line of questioning, or do I need to go into further detail?[/QUOTE]

Ooooh. I see what you mean. I don't know if that works or not, but it's possible. Interesting idea, though not an option for me as I want both consoles online.

^same here.... it's just something that I've been curious about for a while.

Does anyone know how exactly something like this would work?

[quote name='Gabrius']What I am saying is that there would be no indication on the first console that the licenses were ever transferred if it never went online after the transfer was initiated, since that information updates when, and only when connected to XBL.

EDIT: am I being clear enough with my line of questioning, or do I need to go into further detail?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you are right. You don't have to connect the old console to license transfer so it has no way of knowing it is no longer licesned to play the content. On the oter hand, would this mean you need to use a completely different gamer tag? I have no clue if the gamer tag can inform the console that its no longer eligible.

I hate to pile on the PS+ love here in the XBLA thread, but I agree with Chrono and Felder that PS+ is pretty awesome.

Bastion is awesome too, well worth 600 points. I'm just hoping for some new content for DotW in the coming weeks. Please MS, I'm begging you!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']So a rental from PS+ or own it from Live

Seriously, people are excited about rentals lol

Owning > renting[/QUOTE]

lol some people are just dumb, what can i say...

[quote name='ps2emotions']Even though I have a huge backlog of 100's of games something tells me I should not miss out on Bastion again at this price. I already have 330 MSP so I have to decide if I want to spend $5 to get 400 more in order to get this game. Time to look at some gameplay on youtube to see if it's worth my hard earned money.[/QUOTE]

Or you can just download and play the trial. :)

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm pretty sure you are right. You don't have to connect the old console to license transfer so it has no way of knowing it is no longer licesned to play the content. On the oter hand, would this mean you need to use a completely different gamer tag? I have no clue if the gamer tag can inform the console that its no longer eligible.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use your existing GT if it still existed on the console, just not online... which would make unlocking achievements impossible.

Too bad I didn't think of this before I got rid of my dying Pro.... I would've JAMMA-fied it and made an XBLA cabinet for the gameroom!

[quote name='taylort3']lol some people are just dumb, what can i say...[/QUOTE]

People just get a lot of fulfillment out of trolling...I've never understood exactly why though.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']So a rental from PS+ or own it from Live

Seriously, people are excited about rentals lol

Owning > renting[/QUOTE]

It's not exactly a rental. If you download it during the promo period, it's yours for as long as you keep your PS+ subscription active. If you let the subscription lapse, it will become inactive. And even if you resubscribe, then it will still not reactivate.

Take this how you want. As someone that has had an XBL Gold account since the 360 came out and never once let it lapse, I see this is a permanent free download if I was a PS3 owner.

And if you are curious, if you pay for something (DLC/game/etc) with a discount you get from PS+, it is yours no matter what. So if you get it free, you keep it as long as you are PS+. If you pay for content with a discount, it's yours even if you lapse subscription.

So I sign onto Xbox.com today to purchase the new DOTW Bastion for 600 pts and I find out that my account had been hacked yesterday to buy 2,600 points worth of FIFA DLC...sweet!

Supposedly they said it's only going to take three days to get my points back since I didn't have a CC on file and they couldn't charge anything on there, but I'm gonna be mad if I can't get this deal because MS refuses to believe that they have a security breach with it's website...

[quote name='mnuttster']So I sign onto Xbox.com today to purchase the new DOTW Bastion for 600 pts and I find out that my account had been hacked yesterday to buy 2,600 points worth of FIFA DLC...sweet!

Supposedly they said it's only going to take three days to get my points back since I didn't have a CC on file and they couldn't charge anything on there, but I'm gonna be mad if I can't get this deal because MS refuses to believe that they have a security breach with it's website...[/QUOTE]

My investigation took about 8 days. If you want to buy stuff that is on sale, they are going to give you a 1 month gold and then they will tell you to just buy it on ANOTHER account so that it can be accesed on the same console you have.

I didn't do that and just saved it and added another month to my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back