XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']They should put both Toy Soldiers on sale. I've been waiting forever for the first one to hit my price point.

Although my luck it would be 800 for each and I'm a buyer for 600 or less.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I guess that means I paid 800 for the 1st one, I always thought I paid 600 for it. Oh well, was well worth it! I should have just bought the 2nd one new, now we're 6 months later and I can't justify it at full price. It's just gotta be coming soon, it's just gotta...

[quote name='harry hood']Picked up NBA Jam. I can justify 10 bucks for it. Tons of fun. Wish they would update the rosters.[/QUOTE]

They've recently confirmed that they WILL be updating the rosters, just haven't laid out a timetable.

[quote name='tylerh1701']They've recently confirmed that they WILL be updating the rosters, just haven't laid out a timetable.[/QUOTE]

They're probably waiting for the trade deadline next month to avoid having to do multiple updates.

several questions regarding Crimson Alliance...

1. it has couch co-op? has anyone played the couch co-op and how is it? is the couch co-op limited to 2 players, or 3, I also thought I read 4 players but there's only 3 characters?
2. I'm considering buying it, of course the weird Packs thing has me debating what the heck to actually buy. I also will be playing with my sister and brother, so do I NEED to buy the all class pack for them to be able to play with me, I'm assuming the answer is yes but just wondering if I can get away with buying one class and them being able to play the others some how, probably not.

I enjoyed the little trial I just played thru as the wizard, but not enough to want to play this game alone. So only way I'd buy is if the couch co-op plays well

Def in to grab the Nightwing / Robin DLC next week. I just started Arkham City last week, so that times out nicely.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']several questions regarding Crimson Alliance...

1. it has couch co-op? has anyone played the couch co-op and how is it? is the couch co-op limited to 2 players, or 3, I also thought I read 4 players but there's only 3 characters?
2. I'm considering buying it, of course the weird Packs thing has me debating what the heck to actually buy. I also will be playing with my sister and brother, so do I NEED to buy the all class pack for them to be able to play with me, I'm assuming the answer is yes but just wondering if I can get away with buying one class and them being able to play the others some how, probably not.

I enjoyed the little trial I just played thru as the wizard, but not enough to want to play this game alone. So only way I'd buy is if the couch co-op plays well[/QUOTE]

1. Yes. Much like any of the genre as far as multiplayer goes, camera follows player 1 for the most part. 4 players local co-op, yes only 3 characters but you could have a team of 4 wizards if you wanted.

2. They broke up the game so if you wanted to save some money you could just buy one character if you were never going to play the other 2. Of course the best deal is the 3 character pack but no you don't need to buy it however you and your siblings would all be the same character if you just bought the one character.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']several questions regarding Crimson Alliance...

I enjoyed the little trial I just played thru as the wizard, but not enough to want to play this game alone. So only way I'd buy is if the couch co-op plays well[/QUOTE]

I'm only going to attempt to answer the first question. I just bought the character pack so I could play all of the characters for $10 when they are each $10 when not on sale. It's a no brainer.

That said, on XBL it says offline 4 player co-op. Hope that helps some. I'm not sure if it's split screen or same screen. My guess is same screen.

[quote name='bardockkun']For a Square Enix sale there really isn't much actual Square Enix now looking at it.[/QUOTE]

i just wish there would be an "everything Square" sale on psn. all the classics, man....:drool:

Sigh, tough sale on my end. Haven't even booted up Deus Ex: HR yet and probably won't for a few months... are any of the three pieces of DLC worth it as a blind buy? I really enjoyed the original Deus Ex, FWIW (never played the original).

I'm also tempted by the Just Cause 2 pack, despite never having booted up the game.

Decisions, decisions...

thanks Outinthedark and jimmayhorn. looks like I'll be grabbing the all classes pack then, don't want everyone using the same character. should be fun :)

now I'm just debating since my live runs out in a few days, if I should redeem thsi 12 month card now. if I do that I get the 5 percent back. but will be wasting about a month of live, since Mass Effect 3 demo gives about a month of live next month... hmm

[quote name='ivegotalobon']is it easy enough to gold medal with the un-upgraded classes on level 1 to get the full 200 on crimson alliance? i am sure i will only play the game once so would prefer to just buy 1 class.[/QUOTE]

Solo? Probably not. But if you find a buddy to play with that IS upgraded they can walk you trough a Gold medal run no problem. The tough acheivement is the Gold on all levels one. I'm still missing the last two areas. :(

I only played it with my brother and he always screws up the combo and we can't get those last two Golds. Guess I should try to solo. Maybe turn down the difficulty too? Or is it as hard to get as I think it is?

[quote name='Dark Rider']Nope, just have to have gold to get the discount.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! This is the first family deal I've been interested in or didn't already own.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Solo? Probably not. But if you find a buddy to play with that IS upgraded they can walk you trough a Gold medal run no problem. The tough acheivement is the Gold on all levels one. I'm still missing the last two areas. :([/QUOTE]

Hit me up on XBL. I need a handful of gold's for that last achievement.

[quote name='harry hood']Picked up NBA Jam. I can justify 10 bucks for it. Tons of fun. Wish they would update the rosters.[/QUOTE]

They did update the rosters, actually.

Update just went out last week.

In case anyone else was waiting for it, the "Opponent: Lightning & Amodar" DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2 has finally been posted on the Marketplace, as well as the "Battle Attire" outfit for Noel.

[quote name='wEEman33']They did update the rosters, actually.

Update just went out last week.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be damned, they sure did. With very little fanfare. Not one gaming site I read posted about it, not even Joystiq. And they post about EVERYTHING.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'd personally wait to redeem your live sub until after the ME3 demo live runs out.[/QUOTE]

Does the free Gold include all online gaming or just the ME3 demo?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Well I'll be damned, they sure did. With very little fanfare. Not one gaming site I read posted about it, not even Kotaku. And they post about EVERYTHING.[/QUOTE]
Fixed. Since I see more random shit postings then I do games on there...

what are people's thoughts on Arkham City DLC? I want to grab it but know I wont play much till April due to ME3....Does it add much to the experience or should I hold out for a further sale?

[quote name='GamerDude316']what are people's thoughts on Arkham City DLC? I want to grab it but know I wont play much till April due to ME3....Does it add much to the experience or should I hold out for a further sale?[/QUOTE]
They're basically just new challenge maps with new characters. You can decide from there.

[quote name='GamerDude316']what are people's thoughts on Arkham City DLC? I want to grab it but know I wont play much till April due to ME3....Does it add much to the experience or should I hold out for a further sale?[/QUOTE]

The new characters aren't much different. They're more gimped versions of batman in my opinion. Combat pretty much plays the same for me since I rarely use any gadgets in a fight. Nightwing is a bit slower than Batman. The Joker Carnival map is actually pretty fun to do since its a bit different. Main selling point is probably the ability to do the different maps but if your not a big fan of doing challenges then skip it.

Yeah, unless you really love the Challenge Maps in the Arkham games (I don't), skip the AC DLC. I already have the Robin from Best Buy, and it's just more of the same with, as mentioned before, a gimped version of Batman. I'm sure Nightwing is just more of the same.

[quote name='Blaster man']Is Crimson Alliance any good? I'm playing Dragon Age Origins for the first time. How does it compare to dragon age 1?[/QUOTE]
Crimson Alliance isn't an RPG, so it has very little in common with Dragon Age: Origins. Don't buy it if that's why you were interested in it since it's just a co-op focused, hack-and-slash action game.

[quote name='bomberbadj']Hey, isn't that Square Enix sale already live?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I linked to the sale page on Xbox.com in the OP until I could update. Sorry If I didn't make it clear it was live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Like others are said, they are just combat and predator challenges. It does include 1 new challenge map of each.
Nightwing and Robin have their own gadgets, and slightly different combat tactics. It will be difficult on the predator challenges, since you don't have any tutorial or practice using their gadgets.
I've played the Robin one, but not Nightwing.
For example, Robin's strikes are slightly slower than Batmans, but his ground takedowns are slightly faster. The use of his snap flash makes getting all the medals on combat challenges easier. His predator challenges though were much harder (take down 2 enemies with 2 different wall explosions at the same time). As long as you have YouTube access, they are doable, but you likely will struggle without a guide. Also, Robin has less gadgets than Batman, but more than Catwoman. His detective vision is just like Batman's, but there's no counter or condition meters (still better than Catwoman's thief vision). He does not have the Sonic Batarang, Ice Grenades, or Shock Gun thingy, but the Snap Flash (planted explosive on enemies) is a cool addition.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It just hit me. Why the fuck isn't Crystal Defenders on sale in the Square Enix sale? I just depressed myself :([/QUOTE]

Been kicking myself ever since I passed on the one time it's ever been on sale. I get the feeling it's never going to happen. Might be on the to buy list at the end of the month so I can get at least a 5% discount on it.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Any comments on the LC:GOL challenge packs?[/QUOTE]

Been a while since I played, but I think it's like 2 puzzle levels, one survival and one "run for your life" level. I loved the game, but I can't remember how many of the packs I bought.

[quote name='wEEman33']They did update the rosters, actually.

Update just went out last week.[/QUOTE]
Wow, just noticed. Wish they would add Thad Young or Jrue Holiday to the Sixers in lieu of Nocioni who never plays.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It just hit me. Why the fuck isn't Crystal Defenders on sale in the Square Enix sale? I just depressed myself :([/QUOTE]

It's a pretty terrible game.

[quote name='seanr1221']It's a pretty terrible game.[/QUOTE]

It's not so bad. Not full price worthy, but I've enjoyed it for the sale I picked it up on.

[quote name='pikemoney']Just bought the 2 anniversary packs and just read I need legend ..Oh great ...!!![/QUOTE]

I certainly don't blame you for overlooking that small but important fact. It was an odd decision in the first place, and it's worsened now that TR Legend is OOP. Maybe the full download version of TR Legend will work, but I couldn't say for sure.

just yesterday i picked up nba jam cheap, then i see the deal on the arcade version.
are they both the same. also should i get the arcade one anyway even though i have the disc one.

[quote name='seanr1221']It's a pretty terrible game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']It's not so bad. Not full price worthy, but I've enjoyed it for the sale I picked it up on.[/QUOTE]

It's really not good, but for some reason, I enjoyed it lol

[quote name='pikemoney']Just bought the 2 anniversary packs and just read I need legend ..Oh great ...!!![/QUOTE]
But for only $6.99 at your local GameStop, you'll get Legend worth 1000GS!. However, for only $9.99 more, you would've also had Anniversary on disc ... with 1000GS available for that game as well (not just 250GS as an addon to Legend).

TheMoreYouKnow_480x340.jpg

Hopefully, the Arkham City pack (Robin, Nightwing + skins pack) also goes on sale, but sadly it's not listed on the upcoming post at Major Nelson's. But still, I will probably bite - I love the fight rooms.

FYI:

Lara Croft and TGOL - the Xbox 360 version is missing Pack #2 DLC level.

It only has Pack #1 and Pack #3 available in XBLA.

Those looking for a complete set of all the levels would have to get it on the PSN.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Does the free Gold include all online gaming or just the ME3 demo?[/QUOTE]
In the words of Gary Oldman ... EVERYTHING!!!
large.jpg

That includes multiplayer and video channels (incl. Netflix & ESPN). However, this is probably GOLD'ish status, much like the 48hr trial subscriptions you get bundled with certain games ... so that DOTW pricing won't be available to you. But that would be the only caveat I can think of. I agree with "Brother Daz", though, that you should hold off on redeeming XBL Gold cards until March 4th.

[quote name='louiedog']A few years ago they added the ability to remove games from your profile if you don't have any achievements unlocked. Unless they got rid of it in a later update it should still work. I haven't had a reason to try it in a long time since they also removed trials from showing up.[/QUOTE]
Works great, just used it 2 weeks ago. Go to Achievements, highlight a game, and hit "blue X".

[quote name='eugaet']I have the standard DXHR on the 360...but have the DXHR Limited Edition on OnLive (w/o Missing Link). Both are still in the backlog. So I need to decide if I want the DLC on the 360 (including Missing Link) or stick w/ OnLive. Ugh, decisions.[/QUOTE]
Your "DX:HR Augmented Edition" @ OnLive merely includes a soft-copy of the artbook, making-of documentary, and the soundtrack ... and you're playing it at 480p with reduced textures. I'd much rather play on 360 @ 1080p with "at least" high resolution textures & geometry ... and 1250GS worth of achievements, plus the Tactical & Explosive packs for cheap (which I don't think you have available @ OnLive). It's your choice.

For Deus Ex, whats the reg. price of Missing Link? Am I getting a real deal here or is this a token discount?

(wont be getting to it for awhile and I dont want to have to go out and get a new points card just yet...although it is inevitable I guess.)

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']For Deus Ex, whats the reg. price of Missing Link? Am I getting a real deal here or is this a token discount?

(wont be getting to it for awhile and I dont want to have to go out and get a new points card just yet...although it is inevitable I guess.)[/QUOTE]

It's normally 1200.

I'm still debating it + the weapon packs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back