XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='infamy']Watch both games go on sale March 6th..[/QUOTE]
eh fuck it I've been wanting it since it came out but didn't want to pay full MSRP for it whereas RE4 I had no problem

Considering picking up traitors keep for Fable 3. Have Fable 2 and 3 in my backlog.. might put 15 min or so into F3 today to see if i like it enough, then buy the DLC. Anyone have an idea as to how long the DLC takes to play through? Wouldnt want it if it isnt at least 8+ hours
Also looks like more is on sale this week. A lot of avatar gear, plus Legends Showcase for nba 2k12 at 400 MSP.

[quote name='Artrigis']Anyone have an idea as to how long the DLC takes to play through? Wouldnt want it if it isnt at least 8+ hours[/QUOTE]
It's definitely not 8+ hours... 3-4 maybe.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's definitely not 8+ hours... 3-4 maybe.[/QUOTE]

Ah alright thank you. I will pass then, I just played through undead nightmare, bought it awhile ago for $5 and got 12 hours out of it.

[quote name='Artrigis']Ah alright thank you. I will pass then, I just played through undead nightmare, bought it awhile ago for $5 and got 12 hours out of it.[/QUOTE]

Undead Nightmare is a action RPG though, you can revisit areas and do quests so naturally you'll have more time out of it. RAAM's DLC if you play it twice, once one normal again on insane you might be able to milk 8 hours out of it...you'd almost have to play it twice to get all the achievements.

[quote name='Crono-00']Now that I am feeling liberated to spend a bit on the Xbox Marketplace, but have little time with some games. I am starting to look at DLC for Moon Diver, Magnacarta 2, Carcassone, Catan, The Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey. If you have experienced any of the aforementioned DLC, tell me about them, if they are worth it. I figured those are unlikely to see a sale soon and 5% is as good as I can hope for at this time. Your feedback helps me greatly.[/QUOTE]

Magna Carta 2 DLC is pretty useless, but it overpowers you for I think the entire game. The drama scenes are dumb, and basically free achievement points. I got it when it was 80 points on sale, I think. This one you could live without, but it's up to you.

Lost Odyssey DLC dungeon is pretty neat, but really straight forward. I think it's only a dollar, so pick it up. Comes with achievements, some new accessories and abilities, and a new boss. Very good if you enjoy the main game and want a little bit more.

Last Remnant DLC is substantial if you want to grind, or go for the 1000. Comes with a new boss, I think. Very useful.

[quote name='100xp']RAAM's DLC if you play it twice, once one normal again on insane you might be able to milk 8 hours out of it...you'd almost have to play it twice to get all the achievements.[/QUOTE]

There's no need to play through RAAM's Shadow on Insane if one doesn't want to (though that's how I chose my first playthrough of it). Getting all the achievements will require at least 2 playthroughs, however, since there's one for completing it on Standard campaign and another for Arcade. There is a 4 player co-op achievement, which could get knocked out in either Standard or Arcade. Some of the other achievements will also require co-op and / or partial replays. There's also 2 multiplayer achievements (one of which will almost certainly require help from a group) and 1 Horde achievement which would also require pre-planning with a group.

[quote name='nnthomas']Magna Carta 2 DLC is pretty useless, but it overpowers you for I think the entire game. The drama scenes are dumb, and basically free achievement points. I got it when it was 80 points on sale, I think. This one you could live without, but it's up to you.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the DLC weapons pretty much ruin the entire game by completely removing any sense of challenge. There is absolutely no reason to buy this DLC unless you absolutely have to have the free achievement points that come with it, and even then it's not worth buying. I must have missed it when it when on sale, but I think I'd still regret buying it even if I had got it for 80 points.

btw, am I the only one pissed the GOTY edition of Left 4 Dead doesn't include everything as it should've? At the very least, I should be able to download the rest free.

[quote name='Viper187']btw, am I the only one pissed the GOTY edition of Left 4 Dead doesn't include everything as it should've? At the very least, I should be able to download the rest free.[/QUOTE]

The game of the year edition came out before any paid DLC was released...

Now that we know what the DotW is for the rest of Feb, what is everyone in the Rewards program picking up? I've already waited two holiday seasons for the Costume Quest dlc so I'm definitely picking that up. Then someone mentioned Maw dlc, which I completely forgot about till then. Mainly just want to see what other people will pick up because it gives other people ideas on what to buy before the end of the month.

[quote name='Sway']Now that we know what the DotW is for the rest of Feb, what is everyone in the Rewards program picking up? I've already waited two holiday seasons for the Costume Quest dlc so I'm definitely picking that up. Then someone mentioned Maw dlc, which I completely forgot about till then. Mainly just want to see what other people will pick up because it gives other people ideas on what to buy before the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

Planning on buying the rest of the single Pinball FX 2 tables I don't have. However, I think I'll wait on the second Marvel pack (Something and Fury?) because that seems likely to go on sale eventually.

I was going to pick up the 2nd FX2 Marvel pack and the Epic Quest table since they are all I need but after buying all the others at full price then seeing them go on sale during the holiday sales I think I'll wait for these two to go on sale.

Also, isn't there supposed to be another Pinball game coming to XBLA soon?

[quote name='P a t r i c k']Also, isn't there supposed to be another Pinball game coming to XBLA soon?[/QUOTE]

Pinball Arcade in March, and it is pretty darn good on iOS, so going to be even better on XBLA. This is the new game by the devs of Pinball Hall of Fame. So it's simulations of real games. Better physics than PHoF and monthly new games to download, or some such release time period. Day one for me for sure, and I'll be buying every DLC machine they throw at us.

[quote name='Sway']Now that we know what the DotW is for the rest of Feb, what is everyone in the Rewards program picking up? I've already waited two holiday seasons for the Costume Quest dlc so I'm definitely picking that up. Then someone mentioned Maw dlc, which I completely forgot about till then. Mainly just want to see what other people will pick up because it gives other people ideas on what to buy before the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll treat myself and get the Toy Soldiers 1 DLC, since the wait for #2 to go on sale has been excrutiating. Also thinking about Bubble Bobble Neo, at this point I'm not sure if it's ever gonna go on sale. But the achievements for it look kind of stupid so I'm still hesitating there.

Others I may consider include Ilomilo DLC and ITSP DLC.

[quote name='Sway']Now that we know what the DotW is for the rest of Feb, what is everyone in the Rewards program picking up?[/QUOTE]
Probably only the DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2 and maybe another weapon skin for Gears or some Rock Band tracks. I have some XBLA titles on my wishlist, but nothing that's unlikely to go on sale in the future.

[quote name='crunchewy']Pinball Arcade in March, and it is pretty darn good on iOS, so going to be even better on XBLA. This is the new game by the devs of Pinball Hall of Fame. So it's simulations of real games. Better physics than PHoF and monthly new games to download, or some such release time period. Day one for me for sure, and I'll be buying every DLC machine they throw at us.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! I thought it was a PHoF game but the only thing I could find on them was an XBLA Williams collection that was supposed to come out January 2011 but never did. Can't wait for this new one and I know nothing about it. :D

Also Pinball Arcade is not for a single manufacturer. The iOS version has, so far, Ripley's Believe it or Not (Stern), Theatre of Magic (Bally), Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams) and Black Hole (Gottleib). I believe it will cover those four. I don't know if it will ever have other manufacturers. I don't think they have licensing in place for any other manufacturers, but maybe in the future? Also I'm not sure which games will be available for XBLA at the start, but presumably those.

[quote name='Crono-00']
Now that I am feeling liberated to spend a bit on the Xbox Marketplace, but have little time with some games. I am starting to look at DLC for Moon Diver, Magnacarta 2, Carcassone, Catan, The Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey. If you have experienced any of the aforementioned DLC, tell me about them, if they are worth it. I figured those are unlikely to see a sale soon and 5% is as good as I can hope for at this time. Your feedback helps me greatly.
[/QUOTE]

I bought the Magna Carta 2 DLC. I really enjoyed the game, so I don't regret it. I didn't use the weapons until the final dungeon, because that's when I bought the DLC. As others have said, if you don't want the achievements, don't bother.

For Lost Odyssey, I bought that too. I LOVE that game, but I sometimes wish I didn't buy the DLC. It's a 25 floor deep dungeon that you can only go up every 5 floors. And you have to walk back down all 25 to get to the super boss. The only save point is at the top. The only thing I haven't done in that game is beat the super boss (haven't tried, either) because I would like to save before him so I didn't waste the hour it takes to run down to him. I'm a save freak and it bothers me that I can only save at the top. I'm still glad I supported one of my favorite games, but I really dislike the DLC dungeon. If you could take an elevator down to any floor you came up from, I would like this a whole lot more. Take from that what you will. :)

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks. There are a lot of CAGs working hard this year. I nominated Spylon for the Speedy award since his site gets the sales so quickly, and honestly makes running this thread so much easier at times.[/QUOTE]

Thanks reddjoey and others that have nominated me. :cool:

I am trying to catch up with the thread and my site so don't mind the flurry of posts, if I get to catch up. Work has really been killing my productivity here and on xbldb. ;)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Maybe I'll treat myself and get the Toy Soldiers 1 DLC, since the wait for #2 to go on sale has been excrutiating. Also thinking about Bubble Bobble Neo, at this point I'm not sure if it's ever gonna go on sale. But the achievements for it look kind of stupid so I'm still hesitating there.

Others I may consider include Ilomilo DLC and ITSP DLC.[/QUOTE]

Wait what is PUZZLE BOBBLE Live! vs Bubble Bobble Neo?

PBL has had a sale:
http://xbldb.com/games/000-2f0

[quote name='GUNNM']how do you nominate?[/QUOTE]

I think the nominating is closed. Voting seems to be up now:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313215
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313214

I was nominated in both those threads. I've never followed the Cheapy Awards before but it truly is an honor to have been nominated. :)

Back on Topic: NBA 2k13 has had a ton of price drops today, probably permanent. Mostly avatar items but one game addon:
Legends Showcase

[quote name='Sway']Now that we know what the DotW is for the rest of Feb, what is everyone in the Rewards program picking up?......Mainly just want to see what other people will pick up because it gives other people ideas on what to buy before the end of the month.[/QUOTE]
So far, I've got 3400 points worth of stuff this month. Stuff like NBA Jam OFE, Missing Link, Tomb Raider Underworld dlc and lots of indivdual RB tracks along with the Nine Inch Nails pack.

I plan on getting the Once Upon a Monster dlc and some more individual Rock Band tracks too. The positive remarks people have made about the Lost Odyssey dlc has made me decide to pick that up as well :)

[quote name='Spylon']Wait what is PUZZLE BOBBLE Live! vs Bubble Bobble Neo?[/QUOTE]

Puzzle Bobble Live is a puzzle game where you shoot balloons to try and match 3 of a kind and clear the screen before time is up.

Bubble Bobble Neo is a remake of the NES game Bubble Bobble and is more of a platformer with bad guys, 100 levels, and a final boss.

I did buy Puzzle Bobble Live when it was on sale (to add to the confusion, it's also known as Bust-A-Move). It's a fun game too.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']The game of the year edition came out before any paid DLC was released...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they knew it was coming. I think the menus even point to it asking you to download. They should've included a goddamn code for access to everything.

[quote name='Viper187']Yeah, but they knew it was coming. I think the menus even point to it asking you to download. They should've included a goddamn code for access to everything.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? Was that added by a title update?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']In for Raam's Shadow next week. Almost bit on the season pass but I don't play enough multiplayer to make it worthwhile. I can get down with some more campaign though.[/QUOTE]

unless you absolutely need more Gears, you're going to regret paying $10 for Raam's Shadow. it's the most useless bit of campaign so far in the entire series, it feels pointless. I beat it in a couple hours and there's really no point in going back to it. not really anything memorable it either. I know a lot of people raved about it when it first came out, but it's nothing special and I wouldn't recommend it for anything more than $5.

just figured I'd warn you.

I was hoping for Madden NFL arcade around the super bowl. What are the odds it will go back on sale? The last time was January 2011. I would hate to pay double for something that has already been a dotw.

I can't believe I have more than 4,000 MS points in my acct, and they've been sitting their since last year's summer of arcade -_- I keep trolling this thread, but there's been nothing worth buying (for me) as DotW ever since. Between that and the lack of decent XBLA titles has me worried about the future of MS and its Xbox. I'm half-tempted to just spend the rest of my points on full-priced titles I've been wanting to play, then trading it in for a PS3 (never owned one).

Sorry for being bloggish, and not really contributing to this topic, but I feel that I've gotten the most out of my xbox at this point, and all I ever use it for is netflix. That, and PC gaming has been very good now that I've built my new PC.

That said, I've still got quite a backlog for my Xbox, and I'm giving MS until I finish those up to make something worthwhile for me to play that I can't already get on the PC.

On a side note, what is this? :booty: Buttface?

[quote name='Kismayaz']I can't believe I have more than 4,000 MS points in my acct, and they've been sitting their since last year's summer of arcade -_- I keep trolling this thread, but there's been nothing worth buying (for me) as DotW ever since. Between that and the lack of decent XBLA titles has me worried about the future of MS and its Xbox. I'm half-tempted to just spend the rest of my points on full-priced titles I've been wanting to play, then trading it in for a PS3 (never owned one).

Sorry for being bloggish, and not really contributing to this topic, but I feel that I've gotten the most out of my xbox at this point, and all I ever use it for is netflix. That, and PC gaming has been very good now that I've built my new PC.

That said, I've still got quite a backlog for my Xbox, and I'm giving MS until I finish those up to make something worthwhile for me to play that I can't already get on the PC.

On a side note, what is this? :booty: Buttface?[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, they have been disappointing as of late. Somehow a "deal" to MS is lowering the price of Far Cry 2 from 29.99 to 19.99, while on PSN it is already 9.99 or FREE for PS+ users. I mean im a huge xbox fan but i find myself playing my PS3 more everyday.

@Kismayaz I have to agree, it seems like there haven't been any sales on actual games for a while.

With the block release coming up, if they're doing what I think they're doing, they're not going to put any games on sale either deliberately, to encourage people to buy the block titles (this was the case previously).

Still got points, but I'm waiting for actual games to go on sale, instead of DLC every week.

[quote name='Kismayaz']I can't believe I have more than 4,000 MS points in my acct, and they've been sitting their since last year's summer of arcade -_- I keep trolling this thread, but there's been nothing worth buying (for me) as DotW ever since. Between that and the lack of decent XBLA titles has me worried about the future of MS and its Xbox. I'm half-tempted to just spend the rest of my points on full-priced titles I've been wanting to play, then trading it in for a PS3 (never owned one).

On a side note, what is this? :booty: Buttface?[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke post? Coming soon:

FEZ
Trials Evolution
Dungeon Fighter Online
Deadlight
Battleblock Theater
Happy Wars
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Bloodforge
Charlie Murder
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Sine Mora
dat zombie MMO (class3/4)

And a shit ton more plus unannounced things. How can you possibly talk about lack of decent xbla titles? Hell, even Minecraft, Torchlight and Super Meat Boy give people on XBLA some PC offerings if they don't have a rig.

That said, I do hate it that when SoA or similar promotions go on (like now) MS tones down their DotW. I remember last year during summer every week had crazy deals and then SoA came and, although it was good, the weekly deals were meh. Anyone remember that?

i have a question about this house party 800 points back thing they have. if someone had a code for one of the games and bought the other 3 would they still get the 800 points back?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Bubble Bobble Neo is a remake of the NES game Bubble Bobble and is more of a platformer with bad guys, 100 levels, and a final boss.

I did buy Puzzle Bobble Live when it was on sale (to add to the confusion, it's also known as Bust-A-Move). It's a fun game too.[/QUOTE]

Bubble Bobble Neo is a port of the arcade Bubble Bobble! Arcade! With new levels and enhancements. The NES version was good, but it was not as nice as the arcade original (graphics and sound-wise).

Puzzle Bobble Live is alright, but the aiming is actually inferior to most other versions and the VS CPU difficulty (needed for Achievements) is out of whack for some reason. I was a bit disappointed overall, but it's better than no Puzzle Bobble.

I've been playing a lot of the Yar's Revenge demo lately. It is surprisingly addictive considering what an average game it is, and with a frustrating control scheme which I still can't get used to. There is just something about it that keeps me coming back, maybe it's the art style coupled with the soft electronic beats, but I find it relaxing. Anyway, I would like to see that game go on sale again.

/random thought

[quote name='Kismayaz']I can't believe I have more than 4,000 MS points in my acct, and they've been sitting their since last year's summer of arcade -_- I keep trolling this thread, but there's been nothing worth buying (for me) as DotW ever since. [/QUOTE]

The 2-week holiday sale (not the daily deals) was a quality sale. And if you haven't purchased anything on sale since SoA 2011, you've missed out on some quality titles, like Gatling Gears, Gyromancer, Outland, Trouble Witches Neo, Vampire Smile, Ms. Splosion Man, The Baconing, Full House Poker, Beyond Good and Evil, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Bangai-O HD, Radiant Silvergun, Rock of Ages, ITSP, Renegade Ops, Bloodrayne, and Bastion.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions on games, but if there's nothing there that you like, I wonder why you have so many msp stocked up.

And trust me, it pains me to be defending MS here, but I feel like they've did a pretty decent job with deals for the 2nd half of last year (excluding the daily holiday deals. Bleh!)

[quote name='eastx']Bubble Bobble Neo is a port of the arcade Bubble Bobble! Arcade! With new levels and enhancements. The NES version was good, but it was not as nice as the arcade original (graphics and sound-wise).

Puzzle Bobble Live is alright, but the aiming is actually inferior to most other versions and the VS CPU difficulty (needed for Achievements) is out of whack for some reason. I was a bit disappointed overall, but it's better than no Puzzle Bobble.[/QUOTE]

Haha I didn't even know Bubble Bobble was an arcade game. Thanks for the clarification. I bet I haven't spent $10 in arcades in my entire life.

I think the only other Puzzle Bobble game I played was on Super Nintendo, so I wouldn't have noticed any oddities about the aiming or AI.

[quote name='star65']i have a question about this house party 800 points back thing they have. if someone had a code for one of the games and bought the other 3 would they still get the 800 points back?[/QUOTE]

Probably/almost certainly not. They didn't if they used a code for summer of arcade, so i would assume the same holds true here.

Edit: to be clear, i mean for summer of arcade they didnt qualify for Crimson Alliance if they had used a code. There was no points back, but instead a free game.

[quote name='Wrong']I was hoping for Madden NFL arcade around the super bowl. What are the odds it will go back on sale? The last time was January 2011. I would hate to pay double for something that has already been a dotw.[/QUOTE]I was hoping for Super Tecmo Bowl and I wonder the same thing about it too.

[quote name='star65']i have a question about this house party 800 points back thing they have. if someone had a code for one of the games and bought the other 3 would they still get the 800 points back?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cthomer5000']Probably/almost certainly not. They didn't if they used a code for summer of arcade, so i would assume the same holds true here.

Edit: to be clear, i mean for summer of arcade they didnt qualify for Crimson Alliance if they had used a code. There was no points back, but instead a free game.[/QUOTE]You should be able to get the 800MSP whether you use one code or four. I was always able to get the MSP bonus on past HP/SoA promos when redeeming codes. I also got Crimson Alliance for free, and I got all the required games for that promo through code redemption.

Edit: In fact, I now recall it was officially announced on the CA promo that you would in fact get the game if 1 or more games were acquired through code redemption. OK, found the article: http://www.xblafans.com/summer-of-arcade-crimson-alliance-promo-works-with-codes-too-21233.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back