XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drawingboard']Heads up, my copy of Castlevania LoS I got for $8 from the Dec Best Buy sale says it comes with a copy of SotN. I'm going by the sticker on the cover of them game, since its still buried in my backlog and have yet to open it.

Also, X-men was 200 pts last April and Daggerdale was free* end of last year.

*-in Taiwan[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have the same copy. The code still works. If I remember right you register with Konami and put the code from the game in there and then it sends you a code for Xbla.

[quote name='benjamouth']Torchlight has already been on sale for 400 and isn't Daggerdale broken to the point of being unplayable ?[/QUOTE]

They did eventually patch it, fixing most of the issues, I hear.

Yay for Castlevania LoS DLC going on sale! I need to play that game sometime, jeez.

Sweet aracde games going on sale next week! Gonna get puddle! And maybe the new zombie apocolypse but from how much I loathed the first one I might not. Anybody out there think that the new ZA game is better than the first? Opinions pls

[quote name='reddjoey']just put the DOTW in the OP, will add the rest after I get back from the vet[/QUOTE]

Where are your priorities?!? :roll: :lol:

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']
And third time Hardcorps is on sale...don't know if I should pick this up =/ I really like it but....it seems kinda hard .___."[/QUOTE]

If you like contra-clones, get this game, I've been playing it a bit lately and it's worth 600 msp IMHO.

Daggerdale was iffy at free honestly. It's total shit (but EZ acheievments).

I can't even recommend it at 400 points in good faith.

Sweet, I've been waiting on the Castlevania DLC to go in sale. It'll give me an excuse to go back to the game. I really enjoyed it, but I got sidetracked by new games before I could finish it.

I'll also probably pick up the new Zombie Apocalypse, I had fun playing the first one with my little brother, even if it did get awfully repetitive. I think I'm gonna get puddle too, it looks interesting, but ill play the trial first. Might consider battle LA and maybe warhammer, I'll play the trials, but do yall think they're worth $5?

And yeah, this week's Dotw sucks for those of us that bought the DLC when it was on sale before, but for anyone who doesn't have it yet, they are all worth $5 (except maybe the Underdome)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WV Matsui']Is the Gears sale dead now?[/QUOTE]

Should be live for a few more hours grab it while you can.

Yes im almost done with my playthrough of lords of shadows. Pretty good timing for the dlc to go on sale. Not liking anything else. Maybe the monthly discount has something good. Last month's sale was good.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Yay the 5% Reward Points are now listed on the pending Points =D

430 Points waiting now =)[/QUOTE]

610 for me :D

My work just started blocking your site Spylon (never happened before). Says category "sex" is not allowed. You must have made some interesting changes to the site, lol.

[quote name='infamy']610 for me :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']I had 600 - I was very surprised. I forgot about that. When are points distributed?[/QUOTE]

You guys spent 12,000 points last month? Wow :bow:

[quote name='carldisc']My work just started blocking your site Spylon (never happened before). Says category "sex" is not allowed. You must have made some interesting changes to the site, lol.[/QUOTE]

I get the same blocked message from my work. Though, I've been blocked for quite some time now. I just use majornelson instead and watch this thread since most of the time people will post a near complete list of weekly sales.

[quote name='shivan128'] this thread since most of the time people will post a near complete list of weekly sales.[/QUOTE]

The OP usually has all the sales...

[quote name='vlv723']Rocket Knight Adventures is never on sale. Smh.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale for psn some time ago, almost picked it up but decided not to. That the publisher was down with doing a sale gives hope to an xbla sale sometime...

[quote name='Spylon']Should be live for a few more hours grab it while you can.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Snagged Raams shadow and the horde pack!

Thanks to ooga of course! :)

[quote name='carldisc']My work just started blocking your site Spylon (never happened before). Says category "sex" is not allowed. You must have made some interesting changes to the site, lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shivan128']I get the same blocked message from my work. Though, I've been blocked for quite some time now. I just use majornelson instead and watch this thread since most of the time people will post a near complete list of weekly sales.[/QUOTE]

Whoa weird. I have even blocked dating and other ads to not have any content I wouldn't want my kids seeing.

My work does not block anything on the net so I have no experience with blocking. What tool do companies use to block sites? Maybe I can change something to get the site working again.

[quote name='ooga']Konami sale doesn't have anything too exciting. I may pick up the Castlevania LOS DLC for the hell of it even if I haven't played the actual game yet. Any feedback on the quality of those? Recommendations?
Castlevania HOD taunts me yet again, but I still won't bite. Not a fan of multiplayer grinding.

It's absolutely hilarious that they still expect people to pay for Daggerdale.[/QUOTE]

Castlevania LOS is loooooong. I can't imagine wanting to play thru the dlc right after finishing the game.

[quote name='ZForce915']Ouch for Puddle. That's is a quick sale.

I might play burger time, but I still want a sale on Crazy Machines![/QUOTE]

Ya ouch for anyone who paid 800 for Puddle. And im waiting for a crazy machines sale too!

[quote name='zubalove']Is Puddle better than Fluidity?[/QUOTE]

I only played the demo of both, but fluidity seemed WAY better.

[quote name='shivan128']the CAG in me says to wait longer for a better sale on Daggerdale and Torchlight. X-Men and Castlevania: HOD though seem worth it at those prices. Will wait until next week.[/QUOTE]

For sure wait on D&D.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ilomilo looks like its the family gold sale for the month. Well worth $5. Too bad the dlc didn't drop as well (as always).[/QUOTE]

Was going to post this =D

Already have both Main Game and DLC and yes couldn't agree more well worth $5.

Play this often with my girlfriend in Co-op =D (not finished it yet ^^)

Awesome! I've been waiting for that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC to go on sale forever.. I usually don't play a game until I've purchased all the DLC, and I don't usually get DLC until it's on sale...

[quote name='GUNNM']sexytime at xbldb.com![/QUOTE]

Maybe that will bring in some money but then I couldn't share the site with my kids or sneak in some posts at work. :D

[quote name='Sath666']Same goes to Rush'n Attack Ex-Patriot. :S

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bajingo']It was on sale for psn some time ago, almost picked it up but decided not to. That the publisher was down with doing a sale gives hope to an xbla sale sometime...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I decided to get it for the PSN when it was on sale. Now we'll see when Rush n' Attack will go on sale for the PSN or XBL...

I'm disappointed by Borderlands DLC instead of ME2 DLC, but its hardly a shock. Perhaps I'll pickup Torchlight, since that's a decent price. Yes, I know its been 400, but who knows when it'll hit that again.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']FInally, the lords of shadow DLC is on sale next week. Now I just need to rebuy the game to play those. Anybody have any thoughts on those DLC packs?[/QUOTE]

Anyone looking to Metacritic for reviews on the C LoS dlc may want to steer clear of the user reviews, big spoilers for the main game. This game is so freakin long, don't think I'm going to buy at $5. I'm getting too old for these long games. Just finished Alice MR and that was a huge beatdown, don't even want to play through the first one now. :cry:

[quote name='Multicron']Awesome! I've been waiting for that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC to go on sale forever.. I usually don't play a game until I've purchased all the DLC, and I don't usually get DLC until it's on sale...[/QUOTE]

I also sometimes wait till I have all the DLC for a game before I start but I didn't do that with LoS, which I started last week. There was no way I was going to pay 800 points for each DLC and I didn't think they'd go on sale anytime soon. Lords of Shadow was a great game but it felt a bit padded out just to make a longer user experience. After finishing it, I felt it overstayed its welcome and if I did have the DLC at that time, I think I would have taken a break. Maybe I'll get Reverie and Resurrection next week and check them out a few months down the road.

Is Baconing worth it? I played the other 2 when they went on sale last year, but I remember hearing this third one wasn't as good.

I would say yes. It was fun, but definitely more of the same. If you are hesitant then maybe pass though as I would say it's more for die hard fans that want more more more.

[quote name='Briar36']Is Baconing worth it? I played the other 2 when they went on sale last year, but I remember hearing this third one wasn't as good.[/QUOTE]

I caught it the last time it was on sale. It's more of the same with less funny.

[quote name='Briar36']Is Baconing worth it? I played the other 2 when they went on sale last year, but I remember hearing this third one wasn't as good.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought the third one was the best in terms of gameplay. The humor wasn't quite as sharp, but it's still a really good game if you're into the genre. Plus, it never glitched on me (Thongs of Virtue glitched on me and forced me to start over) so that's a plus in my book. I didn't regret buying it last time it was on sale for 600 MSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back