XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cthomer5000']Nexuiz is a turd in my opinon, after giving it like 4-5 hours of play. Getting into a game is already difficult... can't imagine what it will be like in a few weeks. It also doesn't replace players when they leave the game, and doesn't even support 4v4 matches as it's supposed too. It's honestly really bad.

So the question you really need to ask yourself is whether you want to pay 1200 for I Am Alive.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't think I will bother, then.

Knoxx is the best Borderlands DLC imo. Cool enemies, bosses, and the best weapons save farming Crawmerax.

I also have to vouch for Knoxx, it was a blast, decent difficulty. It was my favorite dlc for Borderlands, even though Zombies were pretty fun too.

[quote name='SporkWielder']When you start Mass Effect 3, you import a save file from Mass Effect 2. From that point forward, your "past" is locked-in and can't be changed. So basically, yes, you will have to play the DLC on Mass Effect 2 and then import that save file to Mass Effect 3 and start a new game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. I've had all of the me2 dlc but havent played any except the arrival. I just did kasumi and because amazon still hasnt shipped my LE I'll have time to knock the others out.

Count me in too as someone who wants the RE 4 & Code Veronica to go sale. At 1/2 off I would buy both of them. Sold my Castlevania, but tempted to pick it up again to play those 2 DLCs. How long are they?

Hopefully I am Alive's Demo is worth it, downloading it now.

[quote name='reddjoey']Just got a PM from the Gooseler

So, I'll look into that after lunch tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I think this is part of the recently reduced for March. A bunch of stuff dropped this week.

psn has had the resident evil games for half off twice now, though the first time was only for plus members

why is it that live still hasn't had a deal on them?

[quote name='Barry Burton']psn has had the resident evil games for half off twice now, though the first time was only for plus members

why is it that live still hasn't had a deal on them?[/QUOTE]
I don't think Microsoft has gone above 33% off for Games on Demand discounts, so that would be a huge deal if it happens and would hopefully set a precedent for more significant sales on those games.

[quote name='bardockkun']Oh please, everyone has been bitching about the quality of Japanese games for awhile. This is nothing new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he could have done it with a lot more tact.

On topic - I don't think many people bought Puddle, especially considering it came out the same week as Quarrel. But is there anyone out there that has played it and has any impressions, specifically on how challenging it gets? Reviews are pretty mixed.

Then again I always kinda felt Keiji Inafune's comments were slightly more damaging then Fish McFezzington (I'm too lazy to look up his actual name) in the sense that he was working on the inside of the Japanese game industry and at each TGS always made remarks on how the Japanese game industry is finished within the next few years. Yet the creator of Fez seems to be getting alot more backlash for making just saying outright what he thought. I Don't think we should look at Fish as the guy who said the most damning thing ever.

Not trying to argue with your opinion mind you. Just giving my two cents as to why I kinda don't see the hubbub.

[quote name='bardockkun']Then again I always kinda felt Keiji Inafune's comments were slightly more damaging then Fish McFezzington (I'm too lazy to look up his actual name) in the sense that he was working on the inside of the Japanese game industry and at each TGS always made remarks on how the Japanese game industry is finished within the next few years. Yet the creator of Fez seems to be getting alot more backlash for making just saying outright what he thought. I Don't think we should look at Fish as the guy who said the most damning thing ever.

Not trying to argue with your opinion mind you. Just giving my two cents as to why I kinda don't see the hubbub.[/QUOTE]

Phil Fish: Japanese video games are fucking terrible. Everyone suck my dick. U mad?

Inafune: Japanese game designers are doing it wrong. Here's what's broken. Here's what we should do to fix it.

I hope you can see the difference.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

On topic - I don't think many people bought Puddle, especially considering it came out the same week as Quarrel. But is there anyone out there that has played it and has any impressions, specifically on how challenging it gets? Reviews are pretty mixed.[/QUOTE]

I was able to tell from the demo that I wasn't going to like this game. Not terribly inspired at all and you can tell that it is going to require a lot of precision toward the harder levels and I don't think the game is up to that challenge control wise.

It was an easy skip for me.

[quote name='louiedog']Phil Fish: Japanese video games are fucking terrible. Everyone suck my dick. U mad?

Inafune: Japanese game designers are doing it wrong. Here's what's broken. Here's what we should do to fix it.

I hope you can see the difference.[/QUOTE]
He never really offered a fix. He merely said something that he hoped would encourage Japanese developers to get a slice of humble pie, instead he remains pessimistic about the future still a year after he said that at TGS.

He's an indie game developer. He has no room to talk about sucky games.

And he's also doing exactly what I do, only without even giving examples, just generalizations. Still, as an indie dev, he is wrong about it.

Fez is still going to win awards left and right (it just won one), who cares. People are actually blowing up his twitter and crying for days on end and really, it's not that serious. I've seen more prestigious people say worse!

His opinion is his opinion, although he should have voiced it more properly.

Anyway, I just made an official Witcher 2 topic here in case anyone wants to join in, lol.

[quote name='tylerh1701']general knoxx was ok, its REALLY artificially padded by all the travel you have to do by foot or by car, which to me became a real annoyance. I liked the Zombie one a lot more.

Depending how much you want to do in knoxx, its probably 4-6 hours. I'm not sure what $5-$10 dlc gives 10+ hours of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks guys, you convinced me Ill pick it up.
I bought RDR undead nightmare when it was on sale for $5, I got 12 hours out of it and I didn't even 100% it.
I may be too picky about the DLC length though.

Excited for the Castlevania dlc sale. Been waiting for that for a while! Just picked up a used copy again from Gamefly hoping the dlc would be cheap soon. Got my wish! Hope we get a sequel soon too.

[quote name='infamy']Fez is still going to win awards left and right (it just won one), who cares.[/QUOTE]
I would say that demeans the awards but I think that's a little baked in the cake when it comes to indie games and their award criteria.

[quote name='Artrigis']Alright thanks guys, you convinced me Ill pick it up.
I bought RDR undead nightmare when it was on sale for $5, I got 12 hours out of it and I didn't even 100% it.
I may be too picky about the DLC length though.[/QUOTE]

I think I got 8-10 hours out of Undead Nightmare. I also consider it the single best piece of dlc I've ever purchased, by a wide margin. I wouldn't expect that kind of quality from every piece of dlc.

So I could buy all the Borderlands DLC on sale for $20 total on Xbox, or get the game + all DLC on Steam for $7.50 total?

Nice one, Steam.

The problem with Phil Fish's comment was that it was in response to a question asked by a Japanese developer, so it was kind of a rude statement to make to a random guy like that when he's just starting out in this business. He went on a tirade about it on Twitter after that before trying to lighten the mood by joking that a Japanese game is two Western games duct-taped together. He could've been a lot more eloquent or intelligent with his response than he was and avoided the whole issue from the start.

He's since found the guy's twitter account and apologized for being so rude to him.

[quote name='ZForce915']I was able to tell from the demo that I wasn't going to like this game. Not terribly inspired at all and you can tell that it is going to require a lot of precision toward the harder levels and I don't think the game is up to that challenge control wise.[/QUOTE]

That is EXACTLY how I felt about the demo. My guess is I'll get frustrated by the challenge of the game in the later levels and not complete it.

That being said, I love XBLA and I jump on about 75% (if not more) of games that go on sale for $5. I bet I end up getting it anyway haha.

[quote name='bardockkun']Then again I always kinda felt Keiji Inafune's comments were slightly more damaging then Fish McFezzington (I'm too lazy to look up his actual name) in the sense that he was working on the inside of the Japanese game industry and at each TGS always made remarks on how the Japanese game industry is finished within the next few years. Yet the creator of Fez seems to be getting alot more backlash for making just saying outright what he thought. I Don't think we should look at Fish as the guy who said the most damning thing ever.

Not trying to argue with your opinion mind you. Just giving my two cents as to why I kinda don't see the hubbub.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think Keiji's were far more damaging. I assume most from Japan just reacted with a "who the fuck are you?" attitude to Fish's comment.

I'm fine if Fish thinks Japanese games suck, and I'm fine with him sharing that. I just called him a douchebag because of how he expressed it and that he expressed it directly towards a Japanese developer. But I've been known to be a stickler for politeness and civility.

And it is nice to see that he at least apologized to the developer he made the comment to.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
I agree, I think Keiji's were far more damaging. I assume most from Japan just reacted with a "who the fuck are you?" attitude to Fish's comment.

I'm fine if Fish thinks Japanese games suck, and I'm fine with him sharing that. I just called him a douchebag because of how he expressed it and that he expressed it directly towards a Japanese developer. But I've been known to be a stickler for politeness and civility.

And it is nice to see that he at least apologized to the developer he made the comment to.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure we discussed it here or it was another site but Fish was the guy throwing a tantrum over MS want FEZ to be 800 points and he wanted it to be 1200. He has choice words for that also that made him just seem unprofessional and most likely a hard person to deal with. It says something about you if you take 5 years to work on a game with basically one other person. I also know some developers were upset when he entered FEZ into the IGC this year (even though he won grand prize) since he had already entered FEZ 4 years ago.

He was also fired from Ubisoft and I have read some anonymous statements from employees (so take it for what it is worth) he pretty much never accomplished anything while there. This is from an interview in 2009...

"Not bad for someone fired from Ubisoft, who still calls his experience at the publisher "the worst experience of my life." It was his first gig in games, and initially he was jazzed.

"The way these people make games, it's so horrible," he says. "Hundred of people on your team, you don't know any of their names. It's so big and impersonal." Some people find ways to persevere, to grow in that environment, Fish adds — like weeds pushing up through cracks in concrete.

"In my case it made me want to give up games altogether," he continues. "It was an extremely dark period of my life. Years and years thinking this was my dream only to realize it's a sweatshop.""

It also states in the article that his original partner Shawn McGrath was the actual person who came up with the 2D/3D style for FEZ. The guy just seems like an ass to me and I have plenty of games so I plan on not supporting his arrogance.

Oh yeah his name is actually not Phil Fish...its Philippe Poisson.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure we discussed it here or it was another site but Fish was the guy throwing a tantrum over MS want FEZ to be 800 points and he wanted it to be 1200. He has choice words for that also that made him just seem unprofessional and most likely a hard person to deal with. It says something about you if you take 5 years to work on a game with basically one other person. I also know some developers were upset when he entered FEZ into the IGC this year (even though he won grand prize) since he had already entered FEZ 4 years ago.

He was also fired from Ubisoft and I have read some anonymous statements from employees (so take it for what it is worth) he pretty much never accomplished anything while there. This is from an interview in 2009...

"Not bad for someone fired from Ubisoft, who still calls his experience at the publisher "the worst experience of my life." It was his first gig in games, and initially he was jazzed.

"The way these people make games, it's so horrible," he says. "Hundred of people on your team, you don't know any of their names. It's so big and impersonal." Some people find ways to persevere, to grow in that environment, Fish adds — like weeds pushing up through cracks in concrete.

"In my case it made me want to give up games altogether," he continues. "It was an extremely dark period of my life. Years and years thinking this was my dream only to realize it's a sweatshop.""

It also states in the article that his original partner Shawn McGrath was the actual person who came up with the 2D/3D style for FEZ. The guy just seems like an ass to me and I have plenty of games so I plan on not supporting his arrogance.

Oh yeah his name is actually not Phil Fish...its Philippe Poisson.[/QUOTE]

Way to exaggerate.

I'm the one who started the discussion and linked the interview where Fish mentioned one time about the preferred cost of the game. Not to defend the guy, but it wasn't a "tantrum." He has been working on the game for 5 years so it's understandable, BUT I agree with Microsoft that $10 (800MSP) is the sweet spot.

And he hated working in big enviornment, so? Many people say similar things in the industry. That's why he's, you know, and indie dev.

Anyway, we're dragging this thing pointlessly.

Yeah, you guys who jump on Fishman for expressing his opinion should chill out. The world would be a lot more boring if everyone took the time to run their opinions through a PR firm before expressing them. Just because his opinion is different than yours doesn't mean he's wrong to say that stuff.

Map Pack #1 or entitled First Strike for COD Black Ops is on sale for.800 MSP. Contains the second best zombie map of the game Ascension imo. Also worth noting this is the 1st time any BO dlc has gone on sale.

I liked Fez better when it was called Super Paper Mario. Or Crush. Or when it was actually released and not being hyped and getting rewards despite not actually being a real complete game yet.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I liked Fez better when it was called Super Paper Mario. Or Crush. Or when it was actually released and not being hyped and getting rewards despite not actually being a real complete game yet.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, what was judged this year was likely the complete game, or very close to it, because the game entered the certification process with Microsoft (

[quote name='infamy']Way to exaggerate.

I'm the one who started the discussion and linked the interview where Fish mentioned one time about the preferred cost of the game. Not to defend the guy, but it wasn't a "tantrum." He has been working on the game for 5 years so it's understandable, BUT I agree with Microsoft that $10 (800MSP) is the sweet spot.

And he hated working in big enviornment, so? Many people say similar things in the industry. That's why he's, you know, and indie dev.

Anyway, we're dragging this thing pointlessly.[/QUOTE]

Way to exaggerate? When you are the head of your product and you say the process required to get your game published is "bullshit" then I qualify that as a "tantrum". This is a business like every other industry. He seems not to get that. Also, it is not that he does not like working in large studios, it is his attitude towards them that piss me off. Referring to them as "sweatshops" and people who thrive there as "weeds" is an arrogant attitude since he failed when he tried to work under that environment. Does he really think a game like Assassin's Creed gets made by 2 guys in a studio apartment?

The bottom line for me (since this really is nothing more than an opinion) is that every time I hear this guy's name it is because he has done something or said something pretty shitty. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. So I pretty much think this guy needs to eat some humble pie for me to want to try any of his games.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Map Pack #1 or entitled First Strike for COD Black Ops is on sale for.800 MSP. Contains the second best zombie map of the game Ascension imo. Also worth noting this is the 1st time any BO dlc has gone on sale.[/QUOTE]

Xbox.com has it for 1200...

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Its on the dashboard. Im guessing its some random sale.[/QUOTE]

Is it an ad or did you follow through to the item's listing? Maybe someone hit a switch early and put up a graphic that they weren't supposed to yet.

Its on the first page where you game is at. Its says save 33%. I have all the BO dlc but when i click on it, it shows the price of 800, instead of saying you already own this content. Weird but yeah, good buy if you have some MSP laying around.

I think this might be a targeted sale since we are seeing different discounts and it's not on Xbox.com

Two huge pics from my dash behind the spoiler. Sorry 56K and mobile CAGs.
ArUp2h.jpg

ABEfeh.jpg

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Do these types of things happen from time to time?[/QUOTE]

No. This is the first time I've seen this. Silver members sometimes get targeted ads for $2 or $1 gold 1 month.

Monthly drops happen first and second week (Tuesdays), then appear in the dash in the second or third week. Most are up, a bunch of Games on Demand.

Yeah targeted ads are not something I like, especially if we can't track them on xbox.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back