XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really an achievements whore, but if I like a game a lot and the achievements are fun enough, I will go for them. So I'm happy for the change in number of achievements. The amount they are worth isn't that big of a deal to me.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Just wanted to say, Torchlight is awesome. A top 5 XBLA game for me. If you are into RPGs or hack and slash you will dig it. Well worth 600 points.[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd finish up Torchlight 2 already. It feels like it's been in development forever. It's sad that a couple of years ago people were thinking that they'd be playing Torchlight 2 to tide them over until Diablo 3 is out. I wouldn't be surprised if Diablo 3 comes out first now!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Awesome. Awesome to the max.[/QUOTE]

As someone that plays a lot of XBLA games now and as they become so much more like full fledged titles, I wholeheartedly agree. It makes me more likely to hunt them down if they are worth more.

last night i had 900 microsoft points and now i have 1220

is that the 5% back deal or did i just get lucky? i don't think i bought anywhere near enough points to get back 320

[quote name='Barry Burton']last night i had 900 microsoft points and now i have 1220

is that the 5% back deal or did i just get lucky? i don't think i bought anywhere near enough points to get back 320[/QUOTE]

Pending Rewards points were added today. Did you have any from surveys? I had 170 deposited, 120 from surveys, 50 from 5% (which should have been higher, but judging from their forum, I'm not the only one that got shortchanged).

[quote name='Bloomy']Pending Rewards points were added today. Did you have any from surveys? I had 170 deposited, 120 from surveys, 50 from 5% (which should have been higher, but judging from their forum, I'm not the only one that got shortchanged).[/QUOTE]

that makes sense, still i never would've expected 320

not that i'm complaining

[quote name='carldisc']I was credited 190. My rewards points (210) are still pending so not sure what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

same situation here possibly being shorted 20 points. 250 points were added but 270 points are pending for the XBOX Rewards.

If you have 20 pending points then it's probably from the March survey that won't be added until next month.

Meant to say month.

Has Metal Slug 3 or XX ever been on sale? 10 -15 is way to much for a couple old ports
I'm really thinking about buying the toy solider games are they worth it?

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Has Metal Slug 3 or XX ever been on sale? 10 -15 is way to much for a couple old ports
I'm really thinking about buying the toy solider games are they worth it?[/QUOTE]

No. Yes.

Could care less about achievements.

Would totally bite on Hard Corps at 400, for some reason 600 is bothering me. No clue why.

Wish those HD Res. Evil would go on sale already.

[quote name='reddjoey']Thread's slow so I might spread some rumors
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-2563-XBLA-Achievement-Policy-Change-Coming-Soon.html[/QUOTE]

Let me un-slow the thread with my urge to type on my lunch break and add nothing to the thread =P. Now with the confirmation it'll happen, it just means hopefully more fun goals are available to the games I tend to play (XBLA). It will also probably add more to that page which lists total possible gamerscore and achievements, which bothers me such that it implies I do not play my games [for the most part true with all the backlog 0 gamerscore games, or the ones like Rumble Roses XX where no matter how much I play it, yes, I play it, I will likely not get any more than I already have]. Given the rise in quality and general time it may take to complete some XBLA titles, a bit more achievements available could enhance the pace or feeling of progression in those titles now.

[quote name='reddjoey']I think this might be a targeted sale since we are seeing different discounts and it's not on Xbox.com

Two huge pics [EDITED OUT][/QUOTE]

I never get good/interesting sales from the dashboard. Granted I have not played any Call of Duty games (aside from 4), mainly because the prices of those games tend to stay high, but I have bought DLC before I owned the disc many a times. I have heard so much good fun from the zombies modes, which does make me interested in the games (haven't had that since the old L4D days on Live). Still these targeted sales never see my dashboard, they never care for me. You guys at least get sales, I get Adam Sandler as "Jack and Jill" ... or maybe the targeted sales are figuring me out and realize how much of a CAG I am and has another panel saying I can watch a trailer for Modern Warfare 3; gee, thanks, it's so free my gold membership is paying for itself with all these free trailers I can download. That's the tour of my dashboard, you guys are more fortunate than I to at least receive deals on quality items worth purchasing. If you end out with a smaller percentage off than others for the DLC, remember you get quality DLC, I get "Jack and Jill" (then again, I have not seen the film, but what little I did catch from commercials, it doesn't seem like the kind of film I would pay for).

[quote name='Vegan']So I could buy all the Borderlands DLC on sale for $20 total on Xbox, or get the game + all DLC on Steam for $7.50 total?

Nice one, Steam.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Dark Rider']For anyone wondering Ilomilo is a great co-op game. (GF/Wife game)
It has a great charm to it, and is fairly easy and fun.[/QUOTE]

I did semi-recently get the Game of the Year Edition (sub-$20 from amazon) of Borderlands which has the DLC on a 2nd disc so I too did not benefit much from this week's sale. Then again, I lack the co-op partners to really get into the game and even its DLC anytime soon (I know a sequel is coming, so my options will diminish fast). The other sale for this week on Ilomilo I have still passed up on again because I lack the co-op partner for that as well. If my situation changes for me to finally want Ilomilo, I am sure the XBLA title will never go on sale again.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Resident Evil 4 & Code Veronica are on sale for $10 each on PSN this week.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, they suffer from repeat sales as well too. I looked and found a few free themes and "perma-rentals" appealed to me along with those, at least. With a smaller selection on that platform, I suppose there will be repeats; however, on the 360 there is a much larger selection just within the XBLA, indie, Xbox Originals, Games on Demand, game hubs (Rockband, Game Room), and avatar marketlaces. That is a reason I die a bit on the inside when I see Borderlands DLC and Ilomilo gets repeated without any new complimentary discounts. Or I am mistaken, because there are free themes the 360 offers, but neither the Tutrle Beach nor Buffalo Wild Wings themes appeal to me. At least this new dashboard made premium themes less valuable (cus I don't notice them anymore through the tiles), and using your own images (as you can on both 360 and PS3) for dashboard backgrounds more worthwhile. Speaking of which, what game is one supposed to play for the play & win "Hunger Games Registration Theme" when the rules cannot be found? [I know, wrong forum for this question, just another free theme I saw while looking on the dashboard ... I hope the answer is not Burgertime: World Tour as well, but would be relevant to the upcoming deal ^^]

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Do people still play HoD? I love Castlevania...[/QUOTE]

As for the upcoming deals, I got Castlevania: Harmony of Dispair when it was at 600MSP, and I loved playing it alongside many others. I even encountered one CAG which frequently posts on this thread. I got the game on a countdown to New Years, but I got peer pressured into buying the stages when they were released weekly the following February. Durring that time, the activity and population of the online community was jumping. These days, I load the game up from time to time, and I can still easily find a small group to run with, but the quantity and variety of players has diminished. I'd expect way more persons with not much else to do but speedrun through for the hell of it with their completed characters, unlike when I played where people are discovering stages for the first time. Alas, that is the sacrifice we tend to make as CAGs, we may have to give up on those initial experieinces [unless we can find others who have not played to join in with, like I wish I would have for Borderlands when I get to that], but we gain in savings (which I missed out since I did not wait on the stages, there was a DotW later which had the stages ... I am still waiting on the characters/music packs).

[quote name='Cornelius']You'd think I would've heeded my own advice & gotten my February purchases out of the way before Feb. 29th @ mid-day, in case someone made a SQL query error pulling the qualifying purchases. :)[/QUOTE]

I too had some minor regrets for letting February pass by with some purchases for rewards points left on the table. I did buy all the items which I felt were unlikely to see a sale, but the ones I left up were the truly expensive DLC, such as the Enslaved DLC which I felt I could wait for a "recently reduced" price drop. That was one of the harder decisions I had to make, given the recommendations I got from this thread, but at 800MSP even when it would be unlikely to go on sale, I just hold out someone may one day just permanantly reduce its price. I literally just finished playing the base game a couple days ago (spent hours going around figuing where the last few orbs I missed on chapter 5) and I wouldn't mind revisiting for its DLC, but just not at the price.

Another set of DLC which I had considered was the two DLC to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I got the game from that $8 sale at Best Buy, and I just started the game yesterday. Fortunately, both DLC will go on sale tomorrow, if things go as planned! The 800MSP I will spend on the DLC pretty much doubles the price I paid for the game. I did notice there are 12 chapters already in the base game and chapter 1 was lengthy for me already. Whatever amount of time you take to beat a game, it takes me about 4x longer, so I guess with the DLC, this game can last me quite a long time ^^.

I am excited for this coming week's sales. Yet, with the main items I am interested in on sale being open to all, coupled with my lack of co-op partners, I still feel I am not getting a good return on my Gold Membership so far. At least there's some new items up for bargains.

EDIT:
[quote name='destro4eva']Could care less about achievements.

Would totally bite on Hard Corps at 400, for some reason 600 is bothering me. No clue why.

Wish those HD Res. Evil would go on sale already.[/QUOTE]

I am going to take a guess, the intro video has the DLC characters on it, meaning you feel the complete game is still 1200MSP when the other 3 characters are purchased durring this sale. Also, on PSN, they offered the game and the three additional characters at half off each. Just think of it this way, I am guessing you did get your MSP at less than 80MSP per $1USD, so you may be getting the "complete game" at a similar cost to the PSN offer [I don't think I have seen PSN bucks on sale, another topic for another thread]. I did get the game at 600MSP, but I justified it because I had intended to buy the game day-1 at 1200MSP, but I didn't get it day-1 because it had the DLC there day-1 (and I would have seen the intro even if they have not offered the DLC that same day of release to think "who's the cool samurai girl and dude with the hair and what do they have to do with this game?"). I definately enjoyed playing through with the samurai girl, she makes the game feel Strider-like [or Run Saber-like, or Osman-like, or Blade Kitten-like? ... dunno about Moon Diver-like, that's in the backlog].

Get in line, I've been waiting on Capcom to offer Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix on Deal of the Week. I know that will get on some compilation disc, but I already have the other title I wanted (SSF2T:HD-r) due to a DotW. Well, also if you mean Games on Demand, I am also waiting on Deathsmiles 2X to go on sale, which I think was also out before your two GoD titles too [but not GoD Crysis, which I am also waiting on]. Which reminds me, now that some are getting their Live Rewards points now, if you did buy a title from Games on Demand, was that factored into your rewards? (cus they didn't explicitly say they were included, but just in case you did buy one or more in February, I just wanna know in case they have another 5% refund offer).

while waiting on this sale were having this week. decided to pick up ugly Americans, if your a fan of the show/stick shooters id say get it, that will keep me occupied for a day or so. wanting to wait till this went on sale but who knows if that will ever happen. The game has been out for 8 months already with no sale/reduction so i bite the bullet and got it. A few minor complaints but for a game with no budget i'm happy, the dialogue alone is worth it and gameplay isn't to bad either.

I'm another one of you guys who is impatiently waiting on the sale of RE4/CVX. If they went half off I would def buy it hell maybe even 25% off Make it Happen Microsoft

[quote name='Crono-00']L Well, also if you mean Games on Demand, I am also waiting on Deathsmiles 2X to go on sale, which I think was also out before your two GoD titles too [but not GoD Crysis, which I am also waiting on]. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I am greedy and want Crysis & Deathsmiles II to go on sale as well. Right there with you.
:drool:

[quote name='Ciffy']Have the price drops for March been announced anywhere yet?[/QUOTE]

If you go to your dashboard, look for sales and specials. There's the monthly price drops in there. They don't "announce" them per se. They just update that page. And no, they have not happened yet.

[quote name='Ciffy']Have the price drops for March been announced anywhere yet?[/QUOTE]

Unofficially, I'd say they are:

Hydrophobia 800 to 400
Shadows of the Damned 3200 to 2400
Red Faction Armageddon 3200 to 2400
Crysis 2 3200 to 2400
Bulletstorm 2400 to 1600
AC: Brotherhood 3200 to 2400

[quote name='Crono-00']The great American novel[/QUOTE]

Sometimes less is more, dude!

[quote name='destro4eva']Could care less about achievements.
[/QUOTE]

I care about them too! :D
caring.png

[quote name='eastx']
I care about them too! :D
[/QUOTE]

Ya, I always wondered about that idiom, it never made sense to me.

Now do "the exception that proves the rule". People have tried to explain that to me plenty of times and I still don't get it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, I always wondered about that idiom, it never made sense to me.[/QUOTE]

It's just people not caring about whether they make sense when they talk... And unfortunately, when corrected they usually get annoyed rather than learning and saying it properly in the future. (No offense to Destro!)

[quote name='eastx']It's just people not caring about whether they make sense when they talk... And unfortunately, when corrected they usually get annoyed rather than learning and saying it properly in the future. (No offense to Destro!)[/QUOTE]

Add "chomping at the bit" to the short list of pet peeves I had to be corrected on. It's champing.

Damn why did they put Deathspank on sale in Jan and now the Baconing, but they havent had the second part on sale since last year. Why not go in order?

Maybe a really stupid question, but going to ask anyways. I downloaded Castlevania Harmony of Despair to try out. Why the hell is the camera so far away? Everything is tiny. Is it supposed to be like this? Can I switch this somehow?

[quote name='schuerm26']Maybe a really stupid question, but going to ask anyways. I downloaded Castlevania Harmony of Despair to try out. Why the hell is the camera so far away? Everything is tiny. Is it supposed to be like this? Can I switch this somehow?[/QUOTE]

Why not read the tutorial text under Help & Options? :cool:

To answer your question, you can click in one of the analog sticks to change the camera zoom. The zoomed out view is like a map screen that enables you to see the locations of your team, the boss, etc.

[quote name='eastx']It's just people not caring about whether they make sense when they talk... And unfortunately, when corrected they usually get annoyed rather than learning and saying it properly in the future. (No offense to Destro!)[/QUOTE]

Not sure why the graph only goes to zero, though. My care level for script kiddies trying to hack into my FTP server is currently at -839 and I could care less about them... up to -9001. (it's under NINE THOUSAND!!!) :)

[quote name='schuerm26']Maybe a really stupid question, but going to ask anyways. I downloaded Castlevania Harmony of Despair to try out. Why the hell is the camera so far away? Everything is tiny. Is it supposed to be like this? Can I switch this somehow?[/QUOTE]

Try clicking in the right analog stick. I think that will zoom in.

i am in australia and we dont get all the arcade games and xbox 360 games here. if on an american account i bought some arcade games that were not available in australia what happens if i play them on the australian account. would i get banned, and would it be better to play on the account i got it on.
also mortal kombat banned in australia. what happens if i play that on australia profile?

[quote name='star65']i am in australia and we dont get all the arcade games and xbox 360 games here. if on an american account i bought some arcade games that were not available in australia what happens if i play them on the australian account. would i get banned, and would it be better to play on the account i got it on.
also mortal kombat banned in australia. what happens if i play that on australia profile?[/QUOTE]

Nothing bad will happen if you buy XBLA games from another region. You just need an account from the other country and a way to purchase points from that country.

[quote name='eastx']Nothing bad will happen if you buy XBLA games from another region. You just need an account from the other country and a way to purchase points from that country.[/QUOTE]

but wouldn't microsoft see that i have played games on my profile that i should not be able to from achievements.
same for mortal kombat which was banned here

[quote name='star65']but wouldn't microsoft see that i have played games on my profile that i should not be able to from achievements.
same for mortal kombat which was banned here[/QUOTE]

I already answered your question...

[quote name='Felder71']Picked up Puddle for $5 and considering X-Men, but since it has been cheaper, I may wait. Any thoughts on if X-Men is worth the $5?[/QUOTE]

It's really short. I'd say pick up SotN for $5 instead!

[quote name='Felder71']Picked up Puddle for $5 and considering X-Men, but since it has been cheaper, I may wait. Any thoughts on if X-Men is worth the $5?[/QUOTE]

If you like beat-em-ups, it's lots of fun. It is indeed short, but that's true of most games in the genre. More importantly, it has ample replay value as you play the game when friends come by, etc.

[quote name='eastx']I already answered your question...[/QUOTE]

you said nothing would happen from buying them but would something happen if i get achievements for those on the profile that cant buy them

Choplifter HD is finally 800MSP. Pretty sure i will buy it later today. Other than that i can't see anything interesting (already have SOTN, Hard Corps, X-Man, Puddle).

Still not sure if i want Lords of Shadow dlc's - heard a lot of bad things about them.

Man i cant believe VF 5 is going to become an arcade game. With the achievement boost this is going to be great. If the game is no more than 1200 msp, im sold. Virutal fighter might be my favorite fighting series. Now i await news on stranger's wrath. Hopefully they can fit the 2gb space.

Gonna check out demos for:

Puddle
Burgertime
Battle: LA
Zombie Apocalypse: NDA

Anyone own Battle LA? Is it any good? The rest have pretty much been discussed.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Now i await news on stranger's wrath. Hopefully they can fit the 2gb space.[/QUOTE]

Is this a rumor YOU'RE starting or was it mentioned somewhere?

[quote name='Sath666']Choplifter HD is finally 800MSP. Pretty sure i will buy it later today. Other than that i can't see anything interesting (already have SOTN, Hard Corps, X-Man, Puddle).

Still not sure if i want Lords of Shadow dlc's - heard a lot of bad things about them.[/QUOTE]

Choplifter is probably a price drop, not a sale. You probably already know this, but just thought I'd point it out just in case.

I'm going to wait for it to go 400 or less.

[quote name='ooga']Is this a rumor YOU'RE starting or was it mentioned somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I know they also need to find a publisher. MS Studios doesn't want to publish it, and they won't let Just Add Water self-publish on XBLA or Games on Demand.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Sooo is the Castlevania DLC worth it? Thinking about buying it in advance (before owning the game)[/QUOTE]

I can't comment on the quality of the DLC, but the actually game is REALLY REALLY long. If you haven't played it yet, I would say get it and play it first, then see if you still want more after beating it. It's like 20 hours or so.

Wrong place to ask but im freaked out. Turn on my 360 nd my avatar is wearing different clothes, my achievement is only the last three games that ive played, and i cant see friends achievements. Did my account get hacked? Also i have no cc info on my account, thank god.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wrong place to ask but im freaked out. Turn on my 360 nd my avatar is wearing different clothes, my achievement is only the last three games that ive played, and i cant see friends achievements. Did my account get hacked? Also i have no cc info on my account, thank god.[/QUOTE]

change password just incase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back