XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ no RE4 or CV. Been on sale TWICE on PSN. Dunno what they're thinking. Maybe waiting until a Capcom sale?

Anyway, is Sega Rally worth picking up? I'm totally getting Daytona USA, so need to know if Sega Rally is any good. Thanks.

i was just thinking of the thq sale and how much stuff was on sale but then thought that most was not games.

in australia we had gears1, mass efect 1 and halo reach for sale for like a month.

and you notice most of the games on sale are games that they bundle with the xbox and come on redeem card.

and those games i mentioned were cheaper too in the sale we got.

WTF is up with the Halo Reach price? Though I suppose if you bought it in dollars rather than points it wouldn't be as bad...

Always wanted to play mass effect 1 again because I miss how the series used to be. As of right now it is the cheapest and easiest way to get it, sooooooo I might get it

that is a bad price for halo reach.
when it was on sale for australia marketplace we had it for $19 and it was 1200 msp.
its weird how the resident evil games are $19 on us marketplace but are 1600 msp when in australia $19 converts to 1200msp

GOD deals are crap. Really glad i bought RE4 and Crysis months ago. It's not worth waiting for discount on these. Both games are well worth the original price.

[quote name='Sath666']GOD deals are crap. Really glad i bought RE4 and Crysis months ago. It's not worth waiting for discount on these. Both games are well worth the original price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah at this point I will buy both when I am ready to play them. IF they go on sale before that then great but otherwise I will spend the 1600 points to play them.

Well I guess I could be happy no good god titles are on sale. Need a points card for joe danger and one of those sega racing games (I bought one when it was on sale before)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Looks like no re 4, code veronica, dethsmiles, or crysis. Instead-

Mass effect 1- 1200 msp
alan wake, crackdown 2, fable 3, and halo wars- 1600 msp apiece
gears 1- 1200 msp
halo reach- dumbass price of 2133 msp

Sale kinda blows unless if you wanted mass effect i guess, saves me money[/QUOTE]
Those prices are truly, truly terrible. ME1 has been $5 on PC how many times now?

[quote name='mokmoof']Those prices are truly, truly terrible. ME1 has been $5 on PC how many times now?[/QUOTE]
How does the PC version play on the 360?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']How does the PC version play on the 360?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't, clearly. But we're not comparing apples and oranges here. We're comparing two kinds of DRM-locked apples.

My point was simply that these prices are not very competitive.

[quote name='mokmoof']It doesn't, clearly. But we're not comparing apples and oranges here. We're comparing two kinds of DRM-locked apples.

My point was simply that these prices are not very competitive.[/QUOTE]

exactly. why cant microsofts xbox live game downloading service compete. halo reach could go on sale for 10 dollars. ME 1 for 5 dollars. RE4 for 5 dollars. etc

[quote name='mokmoof']It doesn't, clearly. But we're not comparing apples and oranges here. We're comparing two kinds of DRM-locked apples.

My point was simply that these prices are not very competitive.[/QUOTE]

You can't confuse the console marketplace with the PC marketplace. Microsoft is guilty of falling into that mindset, themselves, when they expected people to pay for Gold on the PC and they got laughed out of town. The general public seems to have no problem paying for the privilege to play online with the Xbox though.

When you're buying into a console you're walking into a razor-razorblade pricing structure. You're paying for the benefit of not having tweak a game's config file to get it to work, for having a slightly more transparent form of DRM, for the ability to just put the game into the system and have it work, etc.. Until the PC gaming market grows to the point where it poses a serious threat to consoles they have no reason to make such drastic price reductions.

[quote name='Thrinn']You can't confuse the console marketplace with the PC marketplace. Microsoft is guilty of falling into that mindset, themselves, when they expected people to pay for Gold on the PC and they got laughed out of town. The general public seems to have no problem paying for the privilege to play online with the Xbox though.

When you're buying into a console you're walking into a razor-razorblade pricing structure. You're paying for the benefit of not having tweak a game's config file to get it to work, for having a slightly more transparent form of DRM, for the ability to just put the game into the system and have it work, etc.. Until the PC gaming market grows to the point where it poses a serious threat to consoles they have no reason to make such drastic price reductions.[/QUOTE]
You're totally right that that's how it's been for quite some time. But I think we're in the twilight of that particular mindset. Big XBLA releases now make more money from their eventual Steam releases, DRM is becoming ever-more transparent on the PC, retail spaces are selling Xbox and Playstation download codes, and cross-platform compatibility is (sloooooooowly) becoming a reality, if not the norm.

Things are changing, and MS is going to have an increasingly hard time convincing people that ME1 on XBLM is worth three times as much as ME1 on Steam, that's all. The direction we're moving in is more "Buy ME1 on Xbox, get it on PC as well because that just makes sense" than "Buy ME1 on Xbox, and pay whatever price we set because you have no other realistic option."

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it here, but though the prices in the OP here (and in Major Nelson's Blog) of the Forza 4 DLC packs are correct, the percentages discounted are wrong. None of those packs are 50% off. All the packs cost 560 points, so those that cost 320 points are about 43% off. Those that cost 400 points are like 28% off

Caved on Voltron in the 11th hour, still not sure why. Probably because once "Arcade Next" starts in 3 weeks, 50% off Voltron would be considered a great deal!

After I buy Daytona USA later in the week, I'll be down to 600msp, I haven't been that low in a while. Wonder if I'll need to stock up before Arcade Next...

Also, it was mentioned before, but anyone interested in this weeks sales may want to wait til Sunday to see what the March Xbox Rewards promo is.

Already have Games on Demand versions of Reach and Alan Wake in addition to a copy of Gears, Halo Wars, and the disappointing Fable 3 on Disc. ME1 however I was going to buy it on GoD in the next couple of weeks no matter what because my two play throughs of that were on my former roommate's copy and I wanted to replay it and 2 again before starting 3. The sale is a success for me.

Now I just need to set a calendar reminder for Sunday. I'm not playing it before then so no reason not to save it for next month's rewards, whatever it may be.

[quote name='Decker']I don't know if anyone's mentioned it here, but though the prices in the OP here (and in Major Nelson's Blog) of the Forza 4 DLC packs are correct, the percentages discounted are wrong. None of those packs are 50% off. All the packs cost 560 points, so those that cost 320 points are about 43% off. Those that cost 400 points are like 28% off[/QUOTE]

I'll fix it when I update the OP

[quote name='tylerh1701']Caved on Voltron in the 11th hour, still not sure why. Probably because once "Arcade Next" starts in 3 weeks, 50% off Voltron would be considered a great deal!
[/QUOTE]

Oh, man. Thanks for the depressing reminder. :cry:

I've bought so many dull B-list 400 point sale games (looking at you Aqua and Death by Cube) in the past that I'm finally starting to actually play demos and be more selective. After all, a dozen 400 point stinkers adds up to a handful of great quality titles.

OK OP up to date as of right now. Syplon's site made it easier to add it the unknown sales so in return, I for using his stuff I put the link back to his site where you can answer the burning question "Has this been on sale before?" and "How much was it before?". As always I included Metacritic and Quick Look links as well.

I have been thinking about starting the ME series, and ME1 is more expensive than ME2 on disc, from what I've seen, so this 1200 MSP price is actually quite good. I can't trade it in, but it's cheaper out of pocket, and trade-ins of older games aren't usually worth much anyway.

That's a good deal for ME1. The disc would probably run you that much or more anyway, and god knows you want the game installed on your HDD, its performance is godawful if not.

Only thing is that the Platinum Hits disc comes with the Bring Down the Sky DLC, and the GOD version probably doesn't.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Gears 2 and Fable 2- 1600 msp.
gears 3 is 33%off but i cant see the price cause its installed on my hard drive.

Prices still suck donkey balls.[/QUOTE]

Gears 3 GoD is $39.99, have the disc copy but going to sell it and get the GoD version because its an xbox exclusive and i hate switching discs all the time.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's a good deal for ME1. The disc would probably run you that much or more anyway, and god knows you want the game installed on your HDD, its performance is godawful if not.

Only thing is that the Platinum Hits disc comes with the Bring Down the Sky DLC, and the GOD version probably doesn't.[/QUOTE]

On amazon it was a lot more than $20 just a few days ago, but now I see that it is $19.99. So now I'm not sure what to do, especially given that the disc has the DLC. I guess I can wait. I do have a backlog.

[quote name='Thrinn']The general public seems to have no problem paying for the privilege to play online with the Xbox though.
[/QUOTE]

That's because, unfortunately, a high percentage of Xbox players are under-aged children that don't know the value of a dollar and simply tell their uninvolved parents "I need this new shiny thing or I'll be mad". These days, a lot of parents will pay anything to give their kids something to leave them alone and be quiet.

The X360 basically defined a successful implementation of console online gaming. So a lot of younger people grew up knowing that as the definitive online console and grew to have a special place in their heart for achievements.

Xbox Live is a waste of money and yet people are forced to pay it because of the larger community base that has accepted it. TBH if Sony didn't totally drop the ball in spec-ing out the PS3, I'd be willing to bet that Microsoft would have been in much worse shape after the PS3 launched. I will never understand MS' nonsense in making people pay for XBLG to use a service YOU ALREADY PAY FOR like Netflix.......

[quote name='crunchewy']On amazon it was a lot more than $20 just a few days ago, but now I see that it is $19.99. So now I'm not sure what to do, especially given that the disc has the DLC. I guess I can wait. I do have a backlog.[/QUOTE]

The DLC in the platinum hits edition is only 80points in the marketplace. So you could get the content of the platinum hits edition for 1280.

There are some other items in the platinum edition though, like some gamerpics, a theme (for old dash), and some commentary videos.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's a good deal for ME1. The disc would probably run you that much or more anyway, and god knows you want the game installed on your HDD, its performance is godawful if not.

Only thing is that the Platinum Hits disc comes with the Bring Down the Sky DLC, and the GOD version probably doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Bring down the sky is only 80 points ($1.00) So it's not a big deal. Think I'll bite on this sale. Been meaning to play a mass effect game for a long time.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Caved on Voltron in the 11th hour, still not sure why. Probably because once "Arcade Next" starts in 3 weeks, 50% off Voltron would be considered a great deal![/QUOTE]

Same here. And after I told myself i wasn't going to...

Picked up daytona. Meh on the games on demand sale. Pretty much all the titles are about 400 points more than I would even consider buying the GoD for. I own most of those anyways.

I wonder how many people buy games for $5 on sale because they're cheap and end up not liking them, despite reviews that say they're no good, and then get sad because a game they've been aching to buy for months didn't get the $5 discount they were hoping for. I'm not accusing anyone of this, it's not like I'm going to comb through the thread matching up comments and not everyone shares their opinions about such things anyway. I bet it happens though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah at this point I will buy both when I am ready to play them. IF they go on sale before that then great but otherwise I will spend the 1600 points to play them.[/QUOTE]

Same here.. I wanted Crysis before I play the sequel sitting in my back log, but i can wait it out. My gold just ran out, and based on the gold only sales of the past few weeks/months, I won't be renewing. The publisher sales blow them away, and I rarely play online multi anymore. I hate to say it, but i wish XBL were a little more like PSN. I feel like the gold deals are table scraps these days, while ps+ is stuffing everyone silly with badass deals.

[quote name='louiedog']I wonder how many people buy games for $5 on sale because they're cheap and end up not liking them, despite reviews that say they're no good, and then get sad because a game they've been aching to buy for months didn't get the $5 discount they were hoping for. I'm not accusing anyone of this, it's not like I'm going to comb through the thread matching up comments and not everyone shares their opinions about such things anyway. I bet it happens though.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it happens, but you have to take into account that "Mediocre Game" (A) is on sale now for a limited time, whereas "Game I Really Want" (B) may still go on sale in the future. If it does, then you end up with both Games (A) and (B) for just the price of Game B.

That being said, if there's a game you really want, and have little or no backlog, and/or know you'll play the game right away, then there's nothing wrong with paying full price to support the developer. Last 4 full price games I purchased were Bubble Bobble Neo, Adventures of Shuggy, Half Minute Hero, and ITSP. Played and really enjoyed all 4 of them, kind of wish I waited on ITSP since it's price was inflated due to being part of Summer of Arcade, but still no real regrets at all.

[quote name='louiedog']I wonder how many people buy games for $5 on sale because they're cheap and end up not liking them, despite reviews that say they're no good, and then get sad because a game they've been aching to buy for months didn't get the $5 discount they were hoping for. I'm not accusing anyone of this, it's not like I'm going to comb through the thread matching up comments and not everyone shares their opinions about such things anyway. I bet it happens though.[/QUOTE]

a lot of people here are like Morty Seinfeld

they care more about "the deal" than the actual product

I'll be picking up Daytona by the end of the week and possibly Joe Danger, waiting to see what xbox rewards has in store. I've been using up most of my MP from Bing, I might need to go and buy some points.

Even if it happens, I don't see any problem with gambling on a $5 game (considering how I have enjoyed plenty of games panned by critics) and then being upset if the game sucks and a game I wanted isn't discounted for $5. If it happened all the time where I got burned with bargain bin games, then that would be a problem, but even then the game I am "aching" to buy will go on sale at some point in the future.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Even if it happens, I don't see any problem with gambling on a $5 game (considering how I have enjoyed plenty of games panned by critics) and then being upset if the game sucks and a game I wanted isn't discounted for $5. If it happened all the time where I got burned with bargain bin games, then that would be a problem, but even then the game I am "aching" to buy will go on sale at some point in the future.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's a problem for people to gamble on a $5 game. And I was talking about that second game being discounted by $5, not to $5. The point is that I think some value buying games on sale far more than they value playing them and the experience. Buying 2 games for $20 when one of them is shit and the other is one they really want but end up waiting months and months to play is perhaps not going to make them as happy as just putting that same $20 toward the experience they want to have when they want it.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Does anyone know if Daytona USA has local multiplayer? The xbox live summary doesn't mention it at all.[/QUOTE]

A review that I read earlier says that it does not have any local multiplayer, which seems like something they really should have tried to do.

OK who here is disappointed in the GoD deals & who was waiting for it?
ME 1 is the only saving grace on it, since I cant seem to find it anymore & when I can its still $20. Contemplating Gears 1 since I dont have it, but I know I could get it cheaper used. Ive seen the triple pack go on sale, but I have gears 2 & all fronts.
Im very confused as to the choices MS picked for this though. They have so many games they've released/published, which they could have breathed some new life into.
Alan Wake & Reach, seems most people have gotten a code for these game either by bundles or beta previews. All the other games are now priced at disc msrp, which you can find cheaper on amazon (especially crackdown 2!). Honestly I wouldnt have minded to see blue dragon or the original crackdown on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back