XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cthomer5000']Interesting. Looking like Shadow Complex meets I Am Alive.[/QUOTE]

yeah i was thinkg it looks like shadow complex also. i liked that game and i know i will like this also.

Deadlight looks like the worst case scenario for what I was hoping I Am Alive wouldn't be, as I would've preferred I Am Alive to have less of the combat and focus more on the platforming and survival like Disaster Report.

[quote name='Zonic505']From what I understand (& checked), Metal Slug 3 doesn't have auto-fire, which SUCKS since you're pretty much gonna be mashing the fire button. I could've sworn it was there in that Anthology collection.[/QUOTE]

You're damn right it's in the Anthology collection. Hell, you can switch it on in MAME. I don't rightly get the point of it not being there.

Welp, wasted a lot of pointless Bing clicking but whatever.

[quote name='Gabrius']So, supposedly Americans don't celebrate Easter... according to Microsoft.

Seriously, fuck you Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I call some Horse Shit on that Big M

:cry:

[quote name='star65']another game that looks like shadow complex is rush'n attack.
is this a good game for 800msp?[/QUOTE]

The reviews for the new Rush'n Attack game were no were near the warm reception that Shadow Complex got. Your best bet is to try the demo out to see if it's your type of game.

Is anyone still playing Voltron? I picked it up the other week when it was on sale. I only need the achievement to complete a level with 4 online players but can never find anyone.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']Do the Halo Reach map packs ever go on sale?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I believe it was on sale during the Christmas.

For those feeling the Mass Effect 3 MP, Bioware is releasing the Resurgence Pack on April 10th for FREE (online pass obviously required). It will contain 2 new maps, several new characters to unlock and a few new guns. Personally I love the MP for the game so this makes me happy. I am sure future DLC will not be free but it is always nice to have a developer support a game after release and not charge anything.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/

I can't get a good read on Trouble Witches Neo from the demo. Played it about 3 times and by the 3rd time I was collecting coins and using the magic barrier very well. Seemed like some good fun.

How many levels/bosses are there? Wondering if it has enough content to satisfy me.

[quote name='louiedog']There's a Facebook poll from Xbox asking people if they'd rather have MSP or Xbox Live Gold as a Summer of Arcade reward for purchasing all of the games. MSP is currently in the lead.

https://www.facebook.com/questions/10150766832296023/[/QUOTE]

MSP makes the most sense. A ton of people get Gold at a discount anyway and at a year at a time. Even a free game can be a dud if you don't care about the game. MSP lets you buy what you want and you can even wait for a sale.

[quote name='harry hood']I can't get a good read on Trouble Witches Neo from the demo. Played it about 3 times and by the 3rd time I was collecting coins and using the magic barrier very well. Seemed like some good fun.

How many levels/bosses are there? Wondering if it has enough content to satisfy me.[/QUOTE]There's six stages, with the final/sixth stage consisting of 2 bosses, the 2nd having 3 forms. There's a good amount of characters & they're all different, so each one offers at least a different way of replaying the game. There's also some other modes as well.

I have to mention this, though. KEEP THE AUDIO ON JAPANESE. The English dub is one of the worst I've heard in a video game. EVER. This video perfectly showcases the English voice "acting".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl95km8neJU

There's a big, unannounced, random sale on Windows Phone games that started today. Maybe this will translate to a big, unnannounced, random XBLA sale as well. *crosses fingers*

I bought Trouble Witches last time it was on sale and have absolutely no regrets. It's not terribly long (can probably beat it in about an hour), but as has been noted with multiple characters there is plenty of replay value. I thought the bad voice acting was part of the campiness; didn't even realize there was a Japanese audio track. :) As for that scandulous 13 gamerscore achievement, I swear she said she was 18, Your Honor. :)

[quote name='Zonic505']There's six stages, with the final/sixth stage consisting of 2 bosses, the 2nd having 3 forms. There's a good amount of characters & they're all different, so each one offers at least a different way of replaying the game. There's also some other modes as well.

I have to mention this, though. KEEP THE AUDIO ON JAPANESE. The English dub is one of the worst I've heard in a video game. EVER. This video perfectly showcases the English voice "acting".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl95km8neJU[/QUOTE]

You're a bad man for posting this. How can I unhear what I just heard?

The Japanese audio track is just as grating and annoying as the English track.

Although, yeah, I wish they would have done more than just pick up six girls off the street but whatever.

Picked up Trouble Witches and Metal Slug XX because I felt the need to spend some points. Will probably play each for 20 minutes then be done with them. :cry:

The voice acting in Trouble Witches is part of the reason that I never bought the game. I don't care if it's an XBLA game, it's fucking 2012 (or whatever year it originally came out), not 1996. Hire someone who can actually read a script.

[quote name='Artrigis']So.. that UK sale, is anyone expecting US to get the same sale they did?[/QUOTE]

I was for a while... but I gave up that silly hope days ago.

[quote name='Artrigis']So.. that UK sale, is anyone expecting US to get the same sale they did?[/QUOTE]

MAYBE, we get a one-day sale on easter sunday but i doubt it, if its not up by then abandon all hope

Is it just me or is it more difficult to find the week's sales on the Xbox dashboard? Seems on the game marketplace I find a window for news and sales and it's a stupid video. Used to be a nice window you could just click on during the week that took you to all of the sales.

[quote name='stormshadow88']Is it just me or is it more difficult to find the week's sales on the Xbox dashboard? Seems on the game marketplace I find a window for news and sales and it's a stupid video. Used to be a nice window you could just click on during the week that took you to all of the sales.[/QUOTE]

I hate sounding like a broken record but I have a tough time finding anything with the new dashboard - I still cannot stand it.

Not sure what I want to do with Metal Slug. I enjoy the games, but they are kind of dated. XX seems to have slightly deeper gameplay than 3, but neither seems too different than Metal Slug Advance for the GBA. With Hard Corps Uprising recently added to my backlog, I don't see the value of buying both (plus I think I'm going to get Hydro Thunder). Any more comparisons between 3 and XX in terms of longevity and replay value? I'm leaning towards just getting Metal Slug 3, but I'm curious if anyone else thinks XX is worth the extra 200 msp...

[quote name='seppuku']Not sure what I want to do with Metal Slug. I enjoy the games, but they are kind of dated. XX seems to have slightly deeper gameplay than 3, but neither seems too different than Metal Slug Advance for the GBA. With Hard Corps Uprising recently added to my backlog, I don't see the value of buying both (plus I think I'm going to get Hydro Thunder). Any more comparisons between 3 and XX in terms of longevity and replay value? I'm leaning towards just getting Metal Slug 3, but I'm curious if anyone else thinks XX is worth the extra 200 msp...[/QUOTE]

MS3 is typically referred to as the best game in the series, though I personally like X the best. It's been a while since I've played the 360 version, but if memory serves right SNK removed the blood from that version whereas that's not the case for XX. MS3 also is not an easy game. Most of the replaybility comes from playing levels over and over until you master them. For a sidescrolling shooter, it is also a fairly long game. I want to say the last level in MS3 is the longest level in the series and requires a lot of work to fight your way through. There is no card collecting system like there is in MSA.

If you had to choose between the two, MS3 is the way to go.

Buying Pinball Arcade at full price to support the cause. Those other future potential licensed tables need to happen.

Controls are OK, loved the Pinball Hall of Fame Controls for the Wii the best actually and I bought that thing for the PSP, Xbox, Wii and now this.

I have a problem.

Yeah Metal Slug X is my favorite, too.

You can get the PS1 version real cheap. Like $5.

I'm not a fan of any Metal Slug games after 3. They just started rehashing them after 3.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I hope everybody's buying Hydro Thunder Hurricane, it's awesome. The DLC is good too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed I don't even really like racing games but found it to be a blast when I was playing online with friends.

[quote name='destro4eva']Buying Pinball Arcade at full price to support the cause. Those other future potential licensed tables need to happen.

Controls are OK, loved the Pinball Hall of Fame Controls for the Wii the best actually and I bought that thing for the PSP, Xbox, Wii and now this.

I have a problem.[/QUOTE]
I'm right there with you.

[quote name='destro4eva']Buying Pinball Arcade at full price to support the cause. Those other future potential licensed tables need to happen.

I have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Loved the demo but I'm waiting until the first DLC to see what kind of pricing/consistency we're going to get from this title. Most of the tables are already on the Williams Collection which I played to death. But the prospect of getting licensed tables is definitely appealing. I'll have no problem supporting this title as long as the tables keep showing up.

Apparently there was a Max Payne sale that ran from April 3-9 that isn't mentioned in the OP. I searched xbox.com and it looks like both Max Payne games for the original Xbox are 800 points. Not sure if that's a sale price or if it's even lower for gold members, but thought I'd mention it for anyone interested.

[quote name='wEEman33']
I'm not a fan of any Metal Slug games after 3. They just started rehashing them after 3.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec, when did MS3 come out and MGxx? I thought xx came out after 3??

[quote name='Dustinator']Wait a sec, when did MS3 come out and MGxx? I thought xx came out after 3??[/QUOTE]

Metal Slug XX is technically Metal Slug 7 with some enhancements. Maybe Metal Slug 3 had more fresh ideas since mainline Metal Slug games all look practically identical and never stray from the basic formula... But XX/7 at least tries to be a better home game, adding the decent mission mode which gives it more replay value than just trying to beat the game without continuing.

[quote name='Dustinator']Wait a sec, when did MS3 come out and MGxx? I thought xx came out after 3??[/QUOTE]

The games in the main series were released in this order: MS1, MS2, MSX, MS3, MS4, MS5, MS6, MS7, and finally MSXX. MS3 was in 2000 and MSXX was in 2010.

I didnt like XX and im a big metal slug fan. Something about doesnt feel right to me, so im sticking to 3, even though it kills me to pass on xx. Hopefully we get some good dotws and publisher sales after this lame ass week.

My guess is this week dotw is super lame because of Fez releasing on Friday, and the next 4 weeks after that will probably be pretty bad as well.

[quote name='eastx']Metal Slug XX is technically Metal Slug 7 with some enhancements. Maybe Metal Slug 3 had more fresh ideas since mainline Metal Slug games all look practically identical and never stray from the basic formula... But XX/7 at least tries to be a better home game, adding the decent mission mode which gives it more replay value than just trying to beat the game without continuing.[/QUOTE]It's probably worth mention that Metal Slug 3 was the last one in the series that SNK was working on before they went bankrupt, so they were probably putting their all in since they probably figured it was gonna be their last one. It'd explain the VERY long last mission, which pretty much is as long as the previous levels combined. If there's one thing I'm disappointed in Metal Slug 3 (aside from it not having autofire on the XBLA version) is the fact that the 2 mini-games, "Storming the UFO Mothership" & "Fat Island", which were bonuses on the home version, wasn't included (though it was also left out in the Anthology Collection).

[quote name='Gabrius']So, supposedly Americans don't celebrate Easter... according to Microsoft.
Seriously, fuck you Microsoft.[/QUOTE]
I have returns to make at BB and JCP, and both are closed today ... so in all fairness, I'm not celebrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back