XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Mortal Kombat Season Pass on sale? Didn't this become useless?[/QUOTE]

no you are thinking of online pass. how can a season pass become useless?

[quote name='nadohawk']This was probably asked before, but does the Season Pass for La Noire have all the extras that the Complete Edition has and if I buy the Complete Edition, can I download the DLC to my console and just swap for the vanilla later on?[/QUOTE]

No and no. Save files aren't compatible either.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I stand correct, might wanna add this to the OP. This is indeed on sale, unknown time for this so get it while you can if you are interested in this for 660 MSP (that's after the 50% discount)

http://xbldb.com/offers/003-1b1 and http://xbldb.com/games/000-098 both show it's original price of 1320 MSP.[/QUOTE]

xbldb has issues with the music games, well rock band. It has too many pages and xbox.com starts responding with blank pages.
Page 45:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...fe-1000-9115-d802545607d5?page=45&pagesize=90

Page 46:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...fe-1000-9115-d802545607d5?page=46&pagesize=90

This is the first I have heard of the GH games having issues. I know xbox.com has been having issues so that means xbldb scanners are probably having issues.

I have kicked off some more scans.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think he called it useless because everything is included in Mortal Kombat Komplete edition.[/QUOTE]

ok then, thought he was talking about the online pass.

[quote name='Dthib87']Quickest way is to goto http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-decreases.

Click Show sharable summory button.

Click Show bb code and copy and paste what pops up in that box below.

Also I believe spylon wants us to leave the link to the site up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dthib87. I don't mind sharing but I have worked really hard on xbldb.com and appreciate the recognition and acknowledgment.

Nice sale!...in my humble opinion. :)

I already have Limbo, Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2, Sine Mora, and Raskulls. The first 2 are great and I'd highly recommend them.....I haven't played much of Sine Mora yet, but it's definitely the best looking schmup I've seen, and I'm digging the weird story. Controls are nice and tight too.....Raskulls is a fun platformer-racing game, easily enjoyed with my little ones (3 and 5). I don't know how much I'll get into the single player though.

I'll definitely be buying Alan Wake: American Nightmare, Bloodforge, Rocket Riot, and at least one of the Assault Heroes games. I'll try demos for Warp, the Pinball FX tables, Rock of Ages (again), Babel Rising, the Sam and Max games, and Mad Riders.

As for next week, other than Feeding Frenzy 2 (which my son bought with his own money last time it was on sale), none of the Popcap stuff really does it for me. Heavy Weapon is pretty fun, but I can wait until it hits a lower price.

....I told my kid I'd buy Joy Ride Turbo regardless if it was going to be on sale or not, but as I'll be depleting most of my recently purchased 4000 points (thanks VinnyB!) in the next couple of days....well, hopefully he wasn't paying attention when I said that.

[quote name='darrenaero']Ugh. On hold now. Not optimistic.[/QUOTE]

Edit--
Pessimism warranted. No refund after 4 dropped calls and a cyber chat.
After 7 Rrod, getting NBA Jam on Fire which won't run on my Gears slim and just spending hundreds of $ on points over the years which I'm sure shows in their records, MS service really leaves a bad taste in my mouth over a measly 480 points. Working in service myself, I know to look at the big picture. MS clearly does not. Ugh.

Purchased Assault Heroes 1/2 and I'm thinking of getting Warp before the end of the week. Just need to get my Bing credits up there to redeem for more MSP...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Looks like the MK Season Pass is up for tomorrow's random season pass deal. I picked it up when it was on sale for 600 at Christmas time.[/QUOTE]

Figured it would be that. I feel like everyone that would all the extras in MK, would of bought the Komplete Edition since its been on sale for $20 a few times now. Thursday will most likely be gears and for friday, maybe they surprise us and put Max Payne 3?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Figured it would be that. I feel like everyone that would all the extras in MK, would of bought the Komplete Edition since its been on sale for $20 a few times now. Thursday will most likely be gears and for friday, maybe they surprise us and put Max Payne 3?[/QUOTE]

Didn't they say Forza 4's season pass would be included? Or is that speculation at this point? I'd love to pick it up cause I'm a sucker for extra cars, but I don't know if I could buy it even if it was 1200msp. Though that would tempt the heck out of me.

I've broken down my list of must haves and maybes and I'm looking at 1600 absolutely for sure and another 4320 very likely. The ones I'm most waffling on are Alan Wake (couldn't get past the early sections of the original game-really like the concept but can't handle "scary" stuff [give me a break I still get nightmares from watching Jaws when I was a kid...] and Bloodforge-I feel like this one might hit 400msp by the end of the year. I have Sam and Max on the list but I've never bothered to play the one we got for free on PS+ a while ago.

Is Babel Rising Kinect only? I really enjoyed the original on iOS and I'm sure I'd enjoy it the Xbox but I still don't have a Kinect and it doesn't look like I'm going to get one for a while. Finances getting tighter I don't think I'll be able to splurge on the Star Wars Xbox when it hits my price point.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']

Is Babel Rising Kinect only? I really enjoyed the original on iOS and I'm sure I'd enjoy it the Xbox but I still don't have a Kinect and it doesn't look like I'm going to get one for a while. Finances getting tighter I don't think I'll be able to splurge on the Star Wars Xbox when it hits my price point.[/QUOTE]

You can play it with normal 360 controller. ;)

I bit on a few games so far, including the Sam & Max games. Even though, I have a horrible nagging feeling that now they'll get a permanent drop to 800 MSP soon since I bought them - like what happened when I bought the Penny Arcade titles.

Also, I know Tyler and some others said that Bloodforge is worth it now. Can anyone point me to some post-patch reviews (and maybe give me some idea of how long the game is)? Or is it like Hydrophobia where even though they fixed it no one wanted to devote any time to re-reviewing it?

[quote name='vamn']I bit on a few games so far, including the Sam & Max games. Even though, I have a horrible nagging feeling that now they'll get a permanent drop to 800 MSP soon since I bought them - like what happened when I bought the Penny Arcade titles.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much about those games dropping. Telltale has kept both of them at $30 on Steam and their website for the PC version and they're even older than the XBLA release. The same goes for most of their catalog. They do sales, but price drops have been very rare.

[quote name='Dthib87']Quickest way is to goto http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-decreases.

Click Show sharable summory button.

Click Show bb code and copy and paste what pops up in that box below.

Also I believe spylon wants us to leave the link to the site up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it was slow and painful but I finally managed to edit most of the OP with links. Gonna see what I can do about the blank spaces.

Definitely not adding Metacritic links though, lol. And a big thanks to Spylon since I visit his website religiously.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so LA Noire pass is only one day? can anyone recommend it? if i play through the base game will it be something that I would want? thanks[/QUOTE]

If you've already played through the base game, then it doesn't offer too much for you. But if you haven't started playing yet, it is definitely worth it.

[quote name='Sath666']You can play it with normal 360 controller. ;)[/QUOTE]

You can? Guess I better download the demo then. Thanks.

[quote name='vamn']I bit on a few games so far, including the Sam & Max games. Even though, I have a horrible nagging feeling that now they'll get a permanent drop to 800 MSP soon since I bought them - like what happened when I bought the Penny Arcade titles.

Also, I know Tyler and some others said that Bloodforge is worth it now. Can anyone point me to some post-patch reviews (and maybe give me some idea of how long the game is)? Or is it like Hydrophobia where even though they fixed it no one wanted to devote any time to re-reviewing it?[/QUOTE]

I want to say 6-8 hours on the Bloodforge length, maybe a little bit less with the patch since they made it a little easier. They added some arena modes to extend the length a little bit, but I didn't mess with those much. There are several achievements tied to those though, so if you're a completionist, count on spending a fair amount of time there as well.

Haven't seen any post-patch reviews myself. As for the game, think God of War-lite in basically every aspect (controls, graphics, presentation, story)

Wow, I need to use some of my Best Buy credit on Xbox point cards. I'm planning on buying:

Alan Wake American Nightmare
Sonic 4 Ep II
The Simpsons Arcade

I'm thinking about also buying:

Rayman 3
that Guitar Hero modern rock pack that's 50% off

Any opinions on these choices? I'm not sure about Rayman and the guitar hero pack. I might just stick with 1 xbox 1600 point card and buy Alan Wake, Sonic, and The Simpsons for $20 total.

I picked up:
Sonic 4 Ep 2
The Simpsons Arcade
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Stacking
and Joe Danger DLC

I will be all of of points tomorrow after the Plants Vs Zombies table releases but at least i saved about $30 on content.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Thanks, it was slow and painful but I finally managed to edit most of the OP with links. Gonna see what I can do about the blank spaces. Definitely not adding Metacritic links though, lol. And a big thanks to Spylon since I visit his website religiously. If you've already played through the base game, then it doesn't offer too much for you. But if you haven't started playing yet, it is definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]
Geez, what a trooper! If you're done, I can start adding the extra stuff like Metacritic. :)

Have been thinking about what can be done to simply the formatting, since the bold, italics, and url's can be kind of a chore ... but I don't have any good ideas yet. What makes the most sense is to give Spylon a format/schema, where it makes sense for him to auto-generate.

However, I've got way more urgent feedback for Spylon, and not sure how much he wants to hear, since I'd actually prefer to see LESS overkill on his site to simply navigation & page-loads (which ultimately cost his bottom-line).

[quote name='Cornelius']Geez, what a trooper! If you're done, I can start adding the extra stuff like Metacritic. :)

Have been thinking about what can be done to simply the formatting, since the bold, italics, and url's can be kind of a chore ... but I don't have any good ideas yet. What makes the most sense is to give Spylon a format/schema, where it makes sense for him to auto-generate.

However, I've got way more urgent feedback for Spylon, and not sure how much he wants to hear, since I'd actually prefer to see LESS overkill on his site to simply navigation & page-loads (which ultimately cost his bottom-line).[/QUOTE]

So, I'm FINALLY done with the OP, so yes, feel free to add the Metacritic nonsense now, lol. And I'm sure you have plenty of valid advice for Spylon, best of luck to making this an easier process. :bouncy: And again, thanks but it's not like I'm one of the people who edits this weekly. Hopefully you and Reddjoey appreciate a break.

[quote name='nadohawk']This was probably asked before, but does the Season Pass for La Noire have all the extras that the Complete Edition has, and if I buy the Complete Edition, can I download the DLC to my console and just swap for the vanilla later on?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the Complete Edition to L.A. Noire contains all the DLC ... but it's included in the core game, and not a separate DLC-installer disc like Oblivion or Fallout 3. And sadly, I just shot down your plan given in the 2nd half of your question. :)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']So, I'm FINALLY done with the OP, so yes, feel free to add the Metacritic nonsense now, lol. And I'm sure you have plenty of valid advice for Spylon, best of luck to making this an easier process. :bouncy: And again, thanks but it's not like I'm one of the people who edits this weekly. Hopefully you and Reddjoey appreciate a break.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, just realized the time, and the wife is pushing for earlier bedtimes, so I'll pick up the Metacritic, Quick Look, and any other game-sales that pop up on Wednesday in my free time. Thanks again for all the help ... and big thanks as well to Spylon for making updates very quick & painless!

Those contemplating on Limbo for 600 msp, just buy the XBLA Triple Pack at amazon for roughly $12. It includes Limbo, Trials HD, and Splosion Man
I know BBY sold these for $10 last year

Picked up:
Assault Heroes 2
Warp
Mad Riders

Already have:
PvZ
Raskulls
Rock of Ages
Stacking

Considering: Alan Wake - will this game go any lower than 600 msp?
I know I won't be playing any of these games (since Borderlands 2 is just a week away) just like most of my XBLA purchases I've made in the past...but you just cant go wrong with stacking up on some of these great deals. At the very least you have something to show for o_0!

I'll wait till Bloodforge drops to 400
And I'm waiting for Costume Quest to go on sale (again?)

You guys think Dust an elysian tail and Minecraft will go on sale this year?

Im definitely going to pick up Alan Wake's American Nightmare and maybe LA Noire season pass. Anyone heard any word if the Gears of War 3 season pass will go on sale? I really regret not picking it up last time it was on sale

[quote name='MRGx']the deals usually last a bit for Tuesday, unsure how long

figured out what I want..so mad at being broke/jobless

400 (Simpsons)

400 (Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue Pinball)

400 (Pinball FX2 Core)

600 (Sonic 4 Episode 2)

400 (Geometry Wars Evolved²)

600 (Alan Wake's American Nightmare)

now to figure out what I want most/what I wanna spend my 600 on[/QUOTE]

need more input on these, I'm leaning towards Alan Wake or the Marvel Pinball (or) Core Pinball thing

[quote name='MRGx']need more input on these, I'm leaning towards Alan Wake or the Marvel Pinball (or) Core Pinball thing[/QUOTE]

You can find the pinball tables (the V&V, core and other packs / single tables) and simpsons arcade in the XBLA trading thread just about anytime, here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281607&page=78. People trade for paypal, amazon GC and bing points. So I wouldn't be worried about getting those at these sale prices, since sale price is what a lot of people trade for (I think I got the V&V tables for 300 MSP when a ton of people all had them, you might not be as lucky).

I would leave it as a toss up between alan wake and GW2. Sonic isn't even a full game ("episode" is right there in the title). GW2 can be fun and there are a lot of modes, but it kind of comes down to how you feel about twin stick shooters. I don't have an opinion on AW: AN as I've not played it or AW for that matter. I do have friends that have finished them both and said they were good / great though.

[quote name='Ciffy']
I would leave it as a toss up between alan wake and GW2. Sonic isn't even a full game ("episode" is right there in the title).[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's plenty full enough. Sonic 4 Episode II is one of the best Sonic games in recent memory, second only to Sonic Generations. Tt has great online and offline co-op, and if you own Episode I, you get 4 free bonus levels. The sale price is a great deal.

Ok, I added all the on disc related info and links to the Weekly Sales; don't remember what the proper formatting and wordings is supposed to be though, so someone might wanna fix that maybe

EDIT: I'll go ahead and do the same for the other sales as there is a couple on disc games there as well

Was planing to buy Alan Wake AN, Rayman 3 and Warp among others. You gotta love Microsoft, even if only for their decision to force every Arcade game to have a trial. I loved the first Alan Wake, but playing this XBLA release, I quickly realized I no longer have the patience for this game or enjoyed the combat at all.

I bought the other two, Rayman 3 and Warp, for 400 each. And I gotta recommend to people on the edge to not buy Rayman 3. The achievements (I care for these personally) are 'collect all things in the game' style, finishing the game nets you about 4 achievements for 40 points or so. Game is ok, I played it for 2+ hours yesterday, but I don't see myself playing it ever again, and its takes a full 2GB on my HDD.

Sonic 4 Ep 1 was terrible. There had to have been a huge turnabout for Ep 2 to be good, especially Generations tier good. I didn't find the demo good enough to enthrall me.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']
BTW how do you make certain words become the link?[/QUOTE]

[ url = http://theurl.whatever ]text you want to be the link[ / url ]

without all the spaces in the brackets

Glad I checked this thread this morning, picking up Alan Wake finally.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Sonic 4 Ep 1 was terrible. There had to have been a huge turnabout for Ep 2 to be good, especially Generations tier good. I didn't find the demo good enough to enthrall me.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to buy any Sonic XBLA game, except Sonic CD. SEGA really should give a break of the hedgehog.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Think I may know why Joe Danger went on sale this week.

Joe Danger 2 comes out next Friday- http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...r-2--The-Movie-Jumps-Onto-XBLA-Next-Week.html[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Gonna be a day 1 purchase for me. Bought the first awhile back during a sale and had so much fun with it.

[quote name='iRandom']You guys think Dust an elysian tail and Minecraft will go on sale this year?[/QUOTE]
I doubt Minecraft goes on sale anytime in the near future. Best selling game ever on XBLA and at $20 for that matter, no reason to put it on sale.

people can pray for Minecraft to go on sale but I doubt either Mojang or Microsoft see a need. 3 million+ sales at $20 and the second most popular Xbox Live title behind only Modern Warfare 3? that's pretty amazing for a noncompetitive game (I guess you can compete on how elaborate your world gets).

Already spent 2300 msp on this sale.
Purchased
babel rising
Sonic 4 ep 2
The Simpsons
3d ultra minigolf
Rock of ages
Staking

Thinking of picking up both Sam and max and rayman 3.

[quote name='darrenaero']Edit--
Pessimism warranted. No refund after 4 dropped calls and a cyber chat.
After 7 Rrod, getting NBA Jam on Fire which won't run on my Gears slim and just spending hundreds of $ on points over the years which I'm sure shows in their records, MS service really leaves a bad taste in my mouth over a measly 480 points. Working in service myself, I know to look at the big picture. MS clearly does not. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

If you delete NBA Jam and it's save file then redownload the game, it should start working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back