XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='louiedog']Tomorrow two XBLIG will be on sale through the Because We May indie game promotion. They are Blocks That Matter and Pingvinas. Both are normally $3 but I don't know what the sale prices will be. There are a ton of other games for a variety of platforms as well.[/QUOTE]
Downloading the trial for both. Blocks that matter looks fun from the pics but I will have to play a bit. Think I'll skip the others since I don't really have anyone who would play that type of game with me.

EDIT: soooo I can't get blocks that matter to work. I own like 20 indie games but the first time I got this message

The game has unexpectedly stopped working. Please try it again. If problems persist, please contact the creator of the game.

Code 4

and its an xbox pop up error. Deleted and tried downloading again but still error. Anyone try it and get it to work?

Edit 2 got it two more times and then it worked on the third. Not sure if I want to buy it though getting that error.

Meh I bought it played it about 2 hours so far. Its fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Blocks That Matter and it is a really charming puzzler. Very cool gameplay mechanics and a nice sense of humor.

The game has unexpectedly stopped working. Please try it again. If problems persist, please contact the creator of the game.

Code 4

I had this same error with the trial version.

But once I bought the full game, I haven't seen that error.

[quote name='wEEman33']I had this same error with the trial version.
But once I bought the full game, I haven't seen that error.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I had it as well with the trial. I think it went: error, worked, error, error, worked, error, error, error, GTFO.

Shame, I needed to spend about 10 more minutes with it to decide if I wanted to spend my hard-earned 80msp on it, or if I should buy a Batman Avatar T-shirt instead :) Adding the full game to my DL queue now...

[quote name='eastx']One week later... Here's my Sonic 4 Episode 2 review. Please check it out![/QUOTE]
Wow! Despite my lack of interest in this one, I've heard so many rants about the poor quality of Episode II. You're the first person I've seen who likes it. :) Good stuff! It's so sad when a game comes out that no-one likes.

Blocks that Matter is a good game if you like puzzle type games and I'd recommend it. I've put almost 4 hours into it but got frustrated and took a break. I've stopped and started about 4 times and haven't got that error anymore.

There are a bunch of levels other than the main game. Its got 26 community built levels and 10 more under Humble Bundle update. I think there are 42 levels in the adventure mode and 20 bonus levels also.

Picked up Beyond Good and Evil. I always see people praising it on forums/blogs so I thought I'd toss $5 down on it and see how it is. It'll get backlogged until mid-July though, but whatever.

[quote name='advanced']Picked up Beyond Good and Evil. I always see people praising it on forums/blogs so I thought I'd toss $5 down on it and see how it is. It'll get backlogged until mid-July though, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

You won't regret it. The camera is a little wonky by today's standards, but it's a good story and a nice change of pace from most games.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']dammit, just tried to get rtype & maw from raptr but wont allow me to get them in the uk, is there a way around the region lock?[/QUOTE]

Move? ;)

I tried the demo of Clash of Heroes but I just couldn't get into it. All the loading screens got to me. I might give it a try again before the sale is over.

[quote name='tylerh1701']LOL you're so helpful.[/QUOTE]

I provide solutions, but not necessarily the "best" solutions.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Wow! Despite my lack of interest in this one, I've heard so many rants about the poor quality of Episode II. You're the first person I've seen who likes it. :) Good stuff! It's so sad when a game comes out that no-one likes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reading. I really don't understand the tepid critical response to Sonic 4 Episode II. I think a lot of people just like to hate on Sonic or put the games under extra scrutiny because it's fun to do so. Also, I actually played a lot in co-op, which is a great way to experience it.

Sonic 4 Episode II has co-op? How does that work? In previous games, second player is Tails and has a hard time keeping up with Sonic.

I'm kind of interested in it now since I didn't believe the hype for Sonic Generations and really enjoyed that one.

[quote name='whitereflection']Sonic 4 Episode II has co-op? How does that work? In previous games, second player is Tails and has a hard time keeping up with Sonic.

I'm kind of interested in it now since I didn't believe the hype for Sonic Generations and really enjoyed that one.[/QUOTE]

Everything you could wanna know:

Sonic 4 Episode II Co-Op Review

I loved M&M CoH on the DS. One of my favorite puzzle games on the system after Picross DS.

I am very, very tempted to pick up the Wonder Boy in Monster World game...must.wait.for.sale.

[quote name='locolukah']I loved M&M CoH on the DS. One of my favorite puzzle games on the system after Picross DS.

I am very, very tempted to pick up the Wonder Boy in Monster World game...must.wait.for.sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted as well. Partially because even if I did buy it today, at least my most recent 4000 point card only cost ~$35 (Target.com deal from a week or so ago) and the fact it's 3 games in 1 makes the price a little better.

Speaking of, if anybody has not bought the Alex Kidd Collection, let me warn you that the port for Super Hang On is from the arcade, not the genesis. Which means that it does not have the original mode. Only arcade mode.

Just seen on xbldb that Anomaly Warzone Earth dropped from 800msp to 320msp.

Not sure why it dropped but I went ahead an grabbed it. Looks like a pretty neat tower defense.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Just seen on xbldb that Anomaly Warzone Earth dropped from 800msp to 320msp.

Not sure why it dropped but I went ahead an grabbed it. Looks like a pretty neat tower defense.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Jumped on it as well as soon as I read your post.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Just seen on xbldb that Anomaly Warzone Earth dropped from 800msp to 320msp.

Not sure why it dropped but I went ahead an grabbed it. Looks like a pretty neat tower defense.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, just bought it. Thanks. :D

Glad I traded my extra code when I had the chance. That's quite a drop for a game that's only a few months old, at least on XBLA.

Thanks purchased.

Wow, I want to buy it just because of the price. Is it basically tower defense? If so, I may pass. Just not into those.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Wow, I want to buy it just because of the price. Is it basically tower defense? If so, I may pass. Just not into those.[/QUOTE]

It's more reverse tower defense. You set a route through a maze of towers and have to strategically take them out and get to an objective. It plays very differently and I think it's worth trying out even if you don't like tower defense. I own the game on 360, Android, and PC and it's excellent.

Link. Thanks ZombiesWorld, picked it up myself. For that price, why not?

[quote name='louiedog']It's more reverse tower defense. You set a route through a maze of towers and have to strategically take them out and get to an objective. It plays very differently and I think it's worth trying out even if you don't like tower defense. I own the game on 360, Android, and PC and it's excellent.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. That does sound a bit more interesting. I will check it out today! :)

Played the demo of Clash of Heroes, loved the battle mechanics, it has a lot of fun puzzle elements to it, and the story seems fairly interesting, so I went ahead and got it. Outland is really fun too from what I've played of the demo, I might pick that up as well.

I already have Anomaly Warzone Earth on Steam, so I feel bad buying it again just so I can play it on Xbox :whistle2:(. I'd rather save my points for a game I don't have already.

No problem guys. Just sharing deals like I'm suppose to. :D

I did play it for a few minutes last night. And like louiedog said, it's a reverse tower defense. You guide little dudes through a path guarded by tower and get them to their destination. It was pretty fun while. I'd recommend it. Especially since it's a new release and will probably never be this cheap again.

Damn, that's a pretty sweet deal on a pretty new game. I already picked it up through the trading thread, only played a little bit of it but seemed really good.

XBLDB is one of the greatest Xbox community additions in recent history. The AWE price drop is weird, but I grabbed it before the system changes its mind.

Also, not sure if anybody noticed it yesterday, but Mad Riders (next week's XBLA game, pretty much a version of Nail'd, downloadable, and for $10) already has its demo out: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ca06e5c-91fc-4bf1-afc5-c9c6097ad4c2?cid=SLink

The leaderboards already list a bunch of people , although it doesn't seem possible to buy the full version yet, online or in-game.

[quote name='splintercell']
The leaderboards already list a bunch of people , although it doesn't seem possible to buy the full version yet, online or in-game.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft employees and reviewers get copies earlier than everyone else.

Hey joey add this to the op. Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown comes out June 6th for 1200 MSP. If you look up the achievement list its an easy 400 GS aswell. Might be worth getting day 1.

How long is Anomaly? It says 14 levels, the demo had 4 and I ripped through it in 20 minutes.

More than a couple hours?

My brother bought Anomaly on launch day, and I played through it that weekend ans really, really enjoyed it. I'm usually not big on tower defense games, but this twist on the genre I thought was fantastic. And I don't really remember how long it lasts, but I wanna say about 10 hours to beat all modes. definitely more than 6 hours.

Is the Anomaly sale price only available through xbox.com, or is the price change reflected in the dashboard Marketplace, as well? Really considering picking this one up; the demo was pretty fun.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']Is the Anomaly sale price only available through xbox.com, or is the price change reflected in the dashboard Marketplace, as well? Really considering picking this one up; the demo was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]
Dashboard price is also 320

Anomaly is awesome and for $4 you can't go wrong. I got it for steam as part of the Humble Bundle for Android and played straight through.

... and I just bought it again for XBLA

[quote name='Solder']How long is Anomaly? It says 14 levels, the demo had 4 and I ripped through it in 20 minutes.

More than a couple hours?[/QUOTE]

The first few levels are easy, the next few are tough, the last half can be sadistic if you're not careful. According to playfire it took me 20 hours to finish the campaign and play a few extra challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back