XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that list, I think I can recommend Prince of Persia (2008) for $4. I'll have to do a bit of research on the others I'm interested in.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Look up.

Why the hell did they use some dumb web-based excel thing that seems to be unable to handle traffic?[/QUOTE]

Synergy!

I should have clicked through to the full size workbook. It's actually even easier to copy and paste a list of titles than it was with his old style because you don't have to worry about the formatting of columns.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thanks man. That excel things sucks, kinda like this sale. Might bite on viva pinta for 400 MSP though. I really liked the demo that came with my arcade 360 from a few years back.[/QUOTE]

Be aware that it's Viva Pinata Party Animals which is a minigame collection and not Viva Pinata or its proper sequel, Trouble in Paradise.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thanks man. That excel things sucks, kinda like this sale. Might bite on viva pinta for 400 MSP though. I really liked the demo that came with my arcade 360 from a few years back.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that it's the "Mario Party" version of Viva Pinata.

Edit: Kameo is amazing! Pick it up if you have never played it.

I believe that's the kiddy Viva Pinata mini-game collection, not the acclaimed games you're thinking of.

[quote name='louiedog']Be aware that it's Viva Pinata Party Animals which is a minigame collection and not Viva Pinata or its proper sequel, Trouble in Paradise.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, good looks on that one. Damn Was hoping it was the original one, well then its prince and maybe conan for me then. Conan is a HUGE maybe.

I think it's interesting that a couple of these are part of the recent price drop that sent them to below $20, a first for the service. That makes me really hopeful that they've reevaluated their pricing and things will make more sense going forward.

Now, if only they'd let me buy a 500+ GB hard drive from Amazon/Newegg and install it I'd be happy.

[quote name='Solder']Heh, I can see myself buying PoP, Bionic Commando and possibly even Conan if the total is like 13 bucks.[/QUOTE]
PoP is an amazing game if you've never played it. Its a shame Ubisoft dropped this story line to fall back to the sands of time

[quote name='panda911']I would've been pleased with RE4 for 10, probably would have even bit at 15. That's all I wanted[/QUOTE]

That shit is never gonna happen bro. Just buy it now, or like me if you plan on getting re 6, buy that anatholgy collection.

I have 1200 MSP and I thought that was nowhere near what i was going to need for this sale. Turns out I was horribly wrong.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Oh shit, good looks on that one. Damn Was hoping it was the original one, well then its prince and maybe conan for me then. Conan is a HUGE maybe.[/QUOTE]

If you want a GoW clone, might as well get Dante's Inferno. The less people that play Conan the better, especially with the past few week's feminism kick

[quote name='GUNNM']PoP is an amazing game if you've never played it. Its a shame Ubisoft dropped this story line to fall back to the sands of time[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll pick it up for sure then.

I played the original on my Dad's Amiga computer as a kid and the Gameboy version, but haven't been back in 20+ years now.

[quote name='Sway']From that list, I think I can recommend Prince of Persia (2008) for $4. I'll have to do a bit of research on the others I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I joined PS+ just to be able to get the game along with the DLC ($10 alone usually) for $11.99 when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago. XBL has had the Epilogue on sale once before several years ago so hopefully this is a sign they'll discount it again soon.

If you want to have it on disc and don't mind buying used, Best Buy has :360:Prince of Persia for $4.99 ($4.49 if unlocked) + free store pick up or $2.99 shipping home delivery.

Too bad it's not Viva Pinata or Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise that will be on sale. The latter is especially hard to find now.

On eBay, a lot of these games are under $5 with free shipping or shipping included in the price. Edit: Or even used at other stores like mentioned above.

I'm running out of space on my 250 GB hard drive so I think I'll save the space for XBLA games.

I'm not saying these are the worst deals like some other people have said but these are certainly not the best. Especially when the physical disc is cheaper than the discounted price. That alone says a lot about GonD.

Hmmm...once the sale actually starts I may pick up a couple. Like others have mentioned though, I'll definitely check to see how much the disc-version runs first.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought Viva Pinata was fuckin stupid.

I'll find out soon enough, but do GoD have demos? I guess if people are saying PoP and Kameo are good, I at least want to try the demo if there is one.

^I don't believe so, but some of these games may have demos on the marketplace so you can at least check there.

Kameo's worth $5, but the controls can be clunky and slow at times. It's definitely a six year old title.

This is just hilarious!! I've never seen anything like this before.
I've been keeping an eye on the Capcom Digital Collection for a while now, waiting for a good price to pick it up from Amazon since I don't have any of those 8 XBLA games. Yesterday evening it dropped down to $28 so I was going to pull the trigger, but got preoccupied with other things. I checked back an hour later and the price had dropped further. I kept refreshing the page every so often and noticed that it kept dropping by roughly 1% every 30 minutes. It turns out there are two marketplace retailers (both have the game fulfilled by Amazon) who kept out bidding each other for the lowest price. I was going to order it when the game hit $20, but forgot and went to bed. I was really not expecting the price to drop below $20 so I was really surprised this morning when I found out that it was about $17. It has continued to drop all morning, and it looks like it finally settled (for the moment) at $15.89 so I ordered me a copy. It may drop down further. Of course, there's also the possibility that it will go back up again. At any rate, for under $2 per game I think this is a fantastic deal, especially that you get them on physical media. It's awesome when retailers compete like this. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006MQH644

Edit: Added link. Thanks Bosamba for reminding me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']This is just hilarious!! I've never seen anything like this before.

I've been keeping an eye on the Capcom Digital Collection for a while now, waiting for a good price to pick it up from Amazon since I don't have any of those 8 XBLA games. Yesterday evening it dropped down to $28 so I was going to pull the trigger, but got preoccupied with other things. I checked back an hour later and the price had dropped further. I kept refreshing the page every so often and noticed that it kept dropping by roughly 1% every 30 minutes.

It turns out there are two marketplace retailers (both have the game fulfilled by Amazon) who kept out bidding each other for the lowest price. I was going to order it when the game hit $20, but forgot and went to bed. I was really not expecting the price to drop below $20 so I was really surprised this morning when I found out that it was about $17. It has continued to drop all morning, and it looks like it finally settled (for the moment) at $15.89 so I ordered me a copy.

It may drop down further. Of course, there's also the possibility that it will go back up again. At any rate, for under $2 per game I think this is a fantastic deal, especially that you get them on physical media. It's awesome when retailers compete like this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Capcom-Digital-Collection-Xbox-360/dp/B006MQH644/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339704591&sr=8-1&keywords=capcom+digital+collection+x360

I don't have Prime, otherwise I'd probably grab one of those Capcom discs. Pretty much the only game on there that I want (and don't have) is Super Puzzle Fighter.

[quote name='ooga']This is just hilarious!! I've never seen anything like this before.
I've been keeping an eye on the Capcom Digital Collection for a while now, waiting for a good price to pick it up from Amazon since I don't have any of those 8 XBLA games. Yesterday evening it dropped down to $28 so I was going to pull the trigger, but got preoccupied with other things. I checked back an hour later and the price had dropped further. I kept refreshing the page every so often and noticed that it kept dropping by roughly 1% every 30 minutes. It turns out there are two marketplace retailers (both have the game fulfilled by Amazon) who kept out bidding each other for the lowest price. I was going to order it when the game hit $20, but forgot and went to bed. I was really not expecting the price to drop below $20 so I was really surprised this morning when I found out that it was about $17. It has continued to drop all morning, and it looks like it finally settled (for the moment) at $15.89 so I ordered me a copy. It may drop down further. Of course, there's also the possibility that it will go back up again. At any rate, for under $2 per game I think this is a fantastic deal, especially that you get them on physical media. It's awesome when retailers compete like this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out. I had it in my amazon wish list for a while waiting for it to go down. Yeah, it'll probably go cheaper but I had a $10 amazon gift card itching to be spent so I got $10 off which made it a better deal. Thanks again! :)

[quote name='panda911']If you want a GoW clone, might as well get Dante's Inferno. The less people that play Conan the better, especially with the past few week's feminism kick[/QUOTE]

Hush, you. Conan is actually pretty good. Nice, visceral combat, decent upgrade system, good graphics... Story isn't that great and it's not as Conan-y as it should be, but I don't see why someone who likes the genre would be disappointed at such a low price.

[quote name='eastx']Hush, you. Conan is actually pretty good. Nice, visceral combat, decent upgrade system, good graphics... Story isn't that great and it's not as Conan-y as it should be, but I don't see why someone who likes the genre would be disappointed at such a low price.[/QUOTE]

I liked Conan and I think I spent about 10 for it. I did play it about 2-3 years ago but didn't think it was that bad back then.

I all ready own Sega Superstars Tennis and Viva Pinata Party Animals (wouldn't recommend either of them) Also own Prince of Persia (I really liked this game, didn't care much for the dlc), Bolt, and Conan which aren't bad for this price.
I also own Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero I've had it for over 2-3 years but barely touched them so not going to comment on them other than they didn't hold my attention enough to play more than 20 minutes. I was really disappointed with Kameo since it was a Rare game but probably need to give it another shot.

I'll be getting Bionic Commando, Open Season, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Surf's Up and Meet the Robinsons for sure. Might get Tornado Outbreak, Dark Void (can't recall if I own this game or if it is Dark something else), Facebreaker (rented it once and wife liked it, shame can't get the online achievements anymore)

The others I will probably skip since they are usually cheaper than this price used and don't feel like wasting the HD space.

Anyone got anything to say about Tornado Outbreak. I once was going to buy it at gamestop but the clerk was like "you don't want that" so I put it back.

This sale is better than what I was expecting. Some of these kid platformers aren't that bad for 5 bucks. I owned Bolt and rented Meet the Robinsons and will probably buy it. I was really expecting everything to be 14.99 or higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can recommend Prince of Persia amazing game, got the DLC the last time it was on sale (only two times with a huge gap dropping again lol) and it's totally worth it too...

Also had a load of fun with SEGA Superstar Tennis still need 2 Achievements to complete it though haha...

Bionic Commando,Kameo and Dark Void are on my backlog...

I wouldn't mind picking up Kameo again, but after 25 hours in 06 and wanting to stab my eyes out trying to get that one last fruit(?) I don't think I could bring myself to play it again. Still will pick up Prince of Persia, but that is probably about it.

Just remember everyone, the more successful this sale the higher probability there will be more. And this isn't that bad of a list really. Sure some of them are quite awful and even the decent ones are outclassed by many of today's games, but still there are some pretty good games on that list that you can certainly enjoy.

Biting on

- GRAW
- Kameo
- Prince of Persia

might as well use a whole 1600 points card, so any suggestions? dark void maybe?

[quote name='Joshe']Biting on

- GRAW
- Kameo
- Prince of Persia

might as well use a whole 1600 points card, so any suggestions? dark void maybe?[/QUOTE]

Bomberman

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Bomberman[/QUOTE]

STFU bro. Either get Dark Void or get one of the discounted sonic games. Now im hesistant on Prince, download size is 5.43 GB and im running pretty damn low on memory.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I liked Conan and I think I spent about 10 for it. I did play it about 2-3 years ago but didn't think it was that bad back then.

I'll probably buy most these besides the ones that are cheaper used at gamestop.

Anyone got anything to say about Tornado Outbreak. I once was going to buy it at gamestop but the clerk was like "you don't want that" so I put it back.

This sale is better than what I was expecting. Some of these kid platformers aren't that bad for 5 bucks. I owned Bolt and rented Meet the Robinsons and will probably buy it. I was really expecting everything to be 14.99 or higher.[/QUOTE]

I only played Tornado Outbreak for about 20 minutes, but it seemed like mindless destruction fun. Kind of like Katamari but with better controls.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']STFU bro. Either get Dark Void or get one of the discounted sonic games. Now im hesistant on Prince, download size is 5.43 GB and im running pretty damn low on memory.[/QUOTE]

Someone's gotta buy it. I really don't wanna sit in a lobby for hours next week.

I never thought too much about HDD sizes to these games, PoP at 5+ gigs is making me hesitate on buying alot of these.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I only played Tornado Outbreak for about 20 minutes, but it seemed like mindless destruction fun. Kind of like Katamari but with better controls.[/QUOTE]

Thanks exactly what I expected it to be like. I'll probably get it. When I was going to get it at games stop I think it was 12.99-14.99 so at least I'll save some money waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back