XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Someone's gotta buy it. I really don't wanna sit in a lobby for hours next week.

I never thought too much about HDD sizes to these games, PoP at 5+ gigs is making me hesitate on buying alot of these.[/QUOTE]

No one should ever be forced to play that. I love it when people posted comments for duke nukem saying that they should get payed to play it, or they wouldnt touch it if it was free, well all that x1,000 for bomberman.

Case and Point-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhdElMO2rI

Seeing as I have a 6 year old I'll get the following:

Bolt
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
Open Season
Prince of Persia*
SEGA Superstars Tennis
Surf's up
Viva Pinata Party Animals

Not sure about Viva, I never played any of them and I really with this were the first one.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']STFU bro. Either get Dark Void or get one of the discounted sonic games. Now im hesistant on Prince, download size is 5.43 GB and im running pretty damn low on memory.[/QUOTE]

You can buy the game, but nothing says you have to download it right away. When you have room on your HD download and play it, then delete it.

[quote name='ZForce915']Seeing as I have a 6 year old I'll get the following:

Bolt
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
Open Season
Prince of Persia*
SEGA Superstars Tennis
Surf's up
Viva Pinata Party Animals

Not sure about Viva, I never played any of them and I really with this were the first one.[/QUOTE]
Prince of persia is great bought it for 20 around the time it camed out loved it. Surfs up is a lot of fun i enjoyed it and 1000 which is not normal for me. Superstar tennis is hard. Bolt I tried for a little while didnt mind it but didnt give it a lot of time. Open season I own too, but never played it yet. Going to buy cloudy with a chance of meatballs too its 17.99 on gamestop. Saw a fellow CAG playing it on my friendlist before CAG kerig he seemed to be liking it.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Prince of persia is great bought it for 20 around the time it camed out loved it. Surfs up is a lot of fun i enjoyed it and 1000 which is not normal for me. Superstar tennis is hard. Bolt I tried for a little while didnt mind it but didnt give it a lot of time. Open season I own too, but never played it yet. Going to buy cloudy with a chance of meatballs too its 17.99 on gamestop. Saw a fellow CAG playing it on my friendlist before CAG kerig he seemed to be liking it.[/QUOTE]

Superstars Tennis is kinda hard, definitely not 1000/1000 doable (well, not reasonably). But for some quick games I'm willing to re-buy this game at $5. I like the local mulitiplayer.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']is From Dust worth getting for 800 points?[/QUOTE]

I didn't care for it, I think the demo is a good indication of the game and it didn't do it for me. Give it a try and you should know in about 20 minutes.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']No one should ever be forced to play that. I love it when people posted comments for duke nukem saying that they should get payed to play it, or they wouldnt touch it if it was free, well all that x1,000 for bomberman.

Case and Point-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhdElMO2rI[/QUOTE]

Besides the fact that you can't save or even use passwords, there wasn't one other legitimate complaint that would turn me off of that game (I wouldn't play it local MP anyway). "OMG the picture of the fireball isn't smiling anymore OH NO!"

Actually made me want to try it out for $5. Are the controls ok?

EDIT: The achievements look grindy and stupid.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']No one should ever be forced to play that. I love it when people posted comments for duke nukem saying that they should get payed to play it, or they wouldnt touch it if it was free, well all that x1,000 for bomberman.

Case and Point-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhdElMO2rI[/QUOTE]

I have passed on this game for 2.99 before. I had friend in real life say horrible things about it so I know its most likely a pos.

[quote name='ZForce915']
Not sure about Viva, I never played any of them and I really with this were the first one.[/QUOTE]

Viva Pinata is like a crappy mario party type game and nothing like the other Viva Pinata games. A lot of it is racing if I remember. Its pretty lame but depending how many people you had to play it then it might be worth 5 bucks. Kids with low videogame standards might get some enjoyment out of it.

I've pass on Bomberman Act Zero at 2.99 I had friends in real life say horrible things about it so I know its most likely a pos.

[quote name='killer9']Terribad god sale ms really only the shitty games eh gimme some good god and i will buy them[/QUOTE]

It seems like most are launch title games or are around from 2006-2008. If COD 2 was in the mix, then we would have a set, but there's no motherfucking way activison lets a COD game be sold for less than $10, No fucking way

tiger woods? what a joke. psn has amazing sales every week, i might make the switch soon. microsoft is entirely too blinded to realize that if they lower the higher rated arcade games and dlc rather than the higher selling ones, that they will sell more.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']It seems like most are launch title games or are around from 2006-2008. If COD 2 was in the mix, then we would have a set, but there's no motherfucking way activison lets a COD game be sold for less than $10, No fucking way[/QUOTE]

Or Quake 4, which Bethesda is re-releasing

Condemned: Criminal Origins (search this or its sequel out if you haven't already, great games built from the ground up for Xbox 360),

King Kong (a first person adventure game made by the same dude who did Beyond Good and Evil and Rayman Origins)

Gun (great western made by the same company who did Tony Hawk games)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA would never let their games be priced this low)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (RIP Bizarre Creations)

Sorry for the long winded list, but Microsoft has a lot more games to choose from for future sales of these types.

Bionic Commando and PoP (Except for both endings) are pretty good.

Facebreaker, I am indifferent about. I enjoyed what it tried to do, it is unique as hell in the fighting genre but I do not think I can say it succeeded. The online servers are dEAd too.

Perfect Dark Zero is $5 everywhere. You could do worse but also better.

[quote name='panda911']The less people that play Conan the better, especially with the past few week's feminism kick[/QUOTE]
Good grief, there's been a feminism kick this past week? No wonder the internets have been so intolerable these past couple of days.

Any sign of this bullshit dying down? I'd hate to be hit by any more drive by gender theory majors.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Why is it that the GoD games like Crysis and RE4 will never get discounts? Seriously next week's GoD sale sucks![/QUOTE]
We're starting with launch titles and C list games, so you'll have to wait at least two years before we get to 2011 games.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Why is it that the GoD games like Crysis and RE4 will never get discounts? Seriously next week's GoD sale sucks![/QUOTE]

Because those are good games that are probably selling just fine.

The reason these old crappy games went on sale is because they weren't moving any copies at full price.

[quote name='Bosamba']Or Quake 4, which Bethesda is re-releasing

Condemned: Criminal Origins (search this or its sequel out if you haven't already, great games built from the ground up for Xbox 360),

King Kong (a first person adventure game made by the same dude who did Beyond Good and Evil and Rayman Origins)

Gun (great western made by the same company who did Tony Hawk games)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA would never let their games be priced this low)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (RIP Bizarre Creations)

Sorry for the long winded list, but Microsoft has a lot more games to choose from for future sales of these types.[/QUOTE]

oh shit if Most wanted was part of this sale, I would be so happy. Hell ill be content with pgr3. Man getting PoP for 320 MSP sounds sweet, but then at the same time not really. Thats should be the motto for being an xbox live member.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Besides the fact that you can't save or even use passwords, there wasn't one other legitimate complaint that would turn me off of that game (I wouldn't play it local MP anyway). "OMG the picture of the fireball isn't smiling anymore OH NO!"

Actually made me want to try it out for $5. Are the controls ok?

EDIT: The achievements look grindy and stupid.[/QUOTE]

Act Zero's Achievements are incredibly grindy, yes. Don't expect to ever get 1,000 from it.

Did you know I have the largest Bomberman collection in the world? I wish I could find the pictures of my collection from Hudson's site, but it shut down.

Anyway, I played this game quite a lot because the gameplay is actually quite good (arguably better than the Bomberman Live games). But there are tons of obvious problems including the lack of local multiplayer and horrendous load times that show Hudson Japan simply didn't care about this one. Single-player is really not bad as long as you have the time for it (~2 hours). I don't know if I'd recommend Act Zero - maybe if you want to play a more obscure game and you're kind of forgiving. Otherwise, Bomberman Live Battlefest is a much better buy if only because the load times are way better.

Just gonna chime in here but I own Viva Piniata Party Animals...my 5 yeard old girl enjoyed the demo and if I had it on GOD she'd probably play it. We played a little bit together and it's not bad. Racing and other mini games but with your kid it can be enjoyable. Just not as many kid friendly games on the xbox...

If you can find some of these games cheaper on disc then I imagine that's the way to go but for the achievement whores, I've bought arcade titles for the same prices just to get 200...

Definitely nothing exciting in the GoD sale, but some good deals regardless. I thought GRAW was excellent, but its been a few years since I've played it. Rockstar Table Tennis also is really good for what it is: a ping pong game. I have also heard many great things about Prince of Persia and Kameo, but they've both been in my backlog for awhile, along with Perfect Dark Zero and Conan.

I'll definitely buy Tornado Outbreak and Blazing Angels. I've thought about buying both of those used for awhile now, but always decided against it due to my backlog. I might also get Dark Void, Bionic Commando, and Sega Superstar Tennis.

Damn, after waiting and thinking about buying Tornado Outbreak for the longest time, I bit on it on the GoHastings sale. It was only a dollar extra, which for a disc version of the game certainly isn't the worst thing. But still, figures the day I buy it, I find out it goes on sale for slightly cheaper. This is definitely a step in the right direction though, I certainly don't mind waiting to get Crysis/RE/Deathsmiles 2 for a discount like this.

[quote name='Pravado']tiger woods? what a joke. psn has amazing sales every week, i might make the switch soon. microsoft is entirely too blinded to realize that if they lower the higher rated arcade games and dlc rather than the higher selling ones, that they will sell more.[/QUOTE]

If people will buy garbage like Minecraft for $20 a pop they have no reason to lower digital prices on anything... :roll:

From that GoD sale list, here are their ranks on the list of best-selling Games on Demand titles of all-time (bolded have demos):

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - 100
Perfect Dark Zero - 117
Kameo - 136
Conan - 141
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II - 152
Bionic Commando - 162 (MP Demo)
Dark Void - 186
Surf's up - 215

FaceBreaker - 218
Bolt - 229
Prince of Persia - 230
SEGA Superstars Tennis - 237
Viva Pinata Party Animals - 247

Rockstar Table Tennis - 251
Bomberman Act: Zero - 274
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - 316
Virtua Tennis 2009 - 339
Open Season - 380
Meet the Robinsons - 381
Tornado Outbreak - 398

Never payed to much attention to the GoD prices but I knew they were all to expensive but looking at this sale list I'm realizing just how bad it is, you know your service sucks when the 75% off sale makes them the normal price you can get them in stores.

[quote name='reddjoey']Any word on what these are? Sale? Drop? Insane?[/QUOTE]

RE: DJ Hero and Guitar Hero sales.

They had a random bunch of these at a lower price a few weeks back. Could be just a random unadvertised sale that they're doing. I'm just glad I was able to pick up some cheap DJ Hero track packs.

Just tried three demos, VP party animals, blazing angels, and Conan. Party animals is like a generic Mario party so that is a maybe for me now. Blazing angels is definitely worth $5. And Conan is not getting any money from me.I'll also get PoP, only played the retail copy once then got rid of it. Kind of want to play that again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']From that GoD sale list, here are their ranks on the list of best-selling Games on Demand titles of all-time (bolded have demos):

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - 100
Perfect Dark Zero - 117
Kameo - 136
Conan - 141
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II - 152
Bionic Commando - 162 (MP Demo)
Dark Void - 186
Surf's up - 215
FaceBreaker - 218
Bolt - 229
Prince of Persia - 230
SEGA Superstars Tennis - 237
Viva Pinata Party Animals - 247
Rockstar Table Tennis - 251
Bomberman Act: Zero - 274
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - 316
Virtua Tennis 2009 - 339
Open Season - 380
Meet the Robinsons - 381
Tornado Outbreak - 398[/QUOTE]

Nice. Must of had alot of time on your hands? Anyways who the fuck is buying any of these games for their current prices? I would love to meet the few people who spent $20 on GRAW 1 and just point and laugh in their faces

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nice. Must of had alot of time on your hands? Anyways who the fuck is buying any of these games for their current prices? I would love to meet the few people who spent $20 on GRAW 1 and just point and laugh in their faces[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of account hacking was used to buy games on demand. You only need the gamertag long enough to download a couple of games onto your console and then you can play with your own. It's probably a hell of a lot safer than stealing physical copies. I'm going to assume the people who do that shit are mostly doing it for CoD and Assassin's Creed but those people were probably all 7 or 8 when GRAW came out and they missed it at release. A military man with a gun is probably enough to get them to put it in the queue and $20 doesn't matter if it's someone else's points/CC.

Going by user ratings, 14 of the 20 games on the list appear in the 100 worst-rated Games on Demand titles. To be fair, the bottom of that list starts at about four stars and doesn't dip below three stars until it reaches the three worst games.

The Top Five:
1. Brave Warrior's Tale - 2 Stars
2. Blowout - 2.5 Stars
3. Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3 - 2.5 Stars
4. Meet the Robinsons - 3 Stars
5. Bomberman: Act Zero - 3 Stars

[quote name='yamayama']If people will buy garbage like Minecraft for $20 a pop they have no reason to lower digital prices on anything... :roll:[/QUOTE]
mincraft is well worth $20. never played it on pc and never believed it could possibly be that good but when i played it i fell in love. Put 50+ hours on that sumbitch

heres all the GoD games ranked by metacritic score:

86 - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
81 - Rockstar Table Tennis
81 - Prince of Persia
81 - Perfect Dark Zero
79 - Kameo
70 - Virtua Tennis 2009
70 - Bionic Commando
69 - Conan
67 - SEGA Superstars Tennis
66 - Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
65 - Meet the Robinsons
62 - Tornado Outbreak
62 - Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
61 - Surf’s Up
59 - Open Season
59 - Dark Void
57 - Bolt
56 - Viva Pinata Party Animals
54 - FaceBreaker
34 - Bomberman Act: Zero

for me (with the points I have now) I can get..maybe 3-4 games they'd be PoP, Bionic, Conan, Blazing Angels (or Sega Tennis..which seems funish, heard it was decent). only those since I already own GRAW, Table Tennis, PDZ, Kameo

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, went on my dash and looked at the most popular GOnD and most of these were in the late 300's out of the 400 games listed. Honestly unlike many here I don't really like having a good amount of points on my account. Anything over 160 bothers me and with only PoP as a maybe for next week, I dunno what to do.

Perhaps these games are getting ready to be delisted and microsoft finally figured out that trying to sell these things one last time could mean more profit...

I would stay far away from Viva Pinata Party Animals...It is really frustrating for both me and my kids. The characters are very difficult to control during races and most of the mini games are more tedious than fun. Not fun.

I downloaded the wrong Viva Pinata demo. I'm a moron. (in my defense, the one I needed to download is stupidly listed under the letter "P")

I'm also a sucker for $5 games. I'm afraid I might end up picking up quite a few. The demos for Dark Void and Blazing Angels seemed pretty competent.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The demos for Dark Void and Blazing Angels seemed pretty competent.[/QUOTE]
Really? The Dark Void demo? Did you play to the end, because I'll agree that the first minute is quite fun, but it becomes repetitive and shit within a couple of minutes.

Seems that the demo is quite representative from the Metacritic score listed above. too.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Really? The Dark Void demo? Did you play to the end, because I'll agree that the first minute is quite fun, but it becomes repetitive and shit within a couple of minutes.

Seems that the demo is quite representative from the Metacritic score listed above. too.[/QUOTE]

I played through the part where I had to land and go through that little base. I think that was the end, but not positive.

I looked back a bit and I didn't see anybody post the GoD "deals" prices at Gamestop, so I decided I'd make a comparison list. Bolded titles are cheaper at Gamestop. Italicized titles are more expensive.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - $3
Perfect Dark Zero - $2

Kameo - $5
Conan - $5
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II - $8
Bionic Commando - $5
Dark Void - $6
Surf's up - $13
FaceBreaker - $7
Bolt - $15 (What the heck? Really?)
Prince of Persia - $5
SEGA Superstars Tennis - $2 standalone / $3 with XBLA compilation disk
Viva Pinata Party Animals - $10
Rockstar Table Tennis - $3
Bomberman Act: Zero - $4
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - $18 (I don't even)
Virtua Tennis 2009 - $7
Open Season - $10
Meet the Robinsons - $8
Tornado Outbreak - $8

I'm getting Prince of Persia to replay it I guess (such a good game)

And maybe Kameo... I never really gave that game a fair shot.

Just want to put a nod out to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs: It's a really fun game that most real gamers overlooked since it's a kids-movie game. For $5/400msp Cloudy is priced perfectly for those of us in this thread who normally bite on most XBLA games on sale for that price. It doesn't hurt that it's a simple & fun 1,000-pointer.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm also a sucker for $5 games. I'm afraid I might end up picking up quite a few. The demos for Dark Void and Blazing Angels seemed pretty competent.[/QUOTE]I played the first two levels of Dark Void (the first is a flying level/second is on foot) and found it to be pretty fun. Couldn't understand the livid hate for it, maybe it becomes evident in later levels. Blazing Angels is pretty good. GRAW is a great game as long as you like tactical shooters like that. Rockstar Table Tennis is worth it. Kameo was a decent game. Bionic Commando is maybe worth $5. Prince of Persia was a great game. The Virtua Tennis games are usually good so I imagine 2009 is a good game as long as you don't have another VT. GRAW and PoP are the gems of this sale with Blazing Angels, RS TT and Conan a little behind them. Problem is as CAGs most of us have had multiple opportunities to get these games at close to these prices as Jackie's GS list points out.

[quote name='garrett007']Just tried three demos, VP party animals, blazing angels, and Conan. Party animals is like a generic Mario party so that is a maybe for me now. Blazing angels is definitely worth $5. And Conan is not getting any money from me.I'll also get PoP, only played the retail copy once then got rid of it. Kind of want to play that again.[/QUOTE]My only gripe with Conan was the use of magical items going directly against canon and the end boss was kind of a pain in a cheap way. Otherwise, I had a blast with it. Everybody seems to piss on it and say God of War is better, but I still haven't played the GoW series. I've gotten them used and tested the discs and not seen in that short time how much better they are. I don't see why Conan can't be good even if God of War is better (which I'm sure it is, btw), GoW is a top tier game after all.

[quote name='eastx']Act Zero's Achievements are incredibly grindy, yes. Don't expect to ever get 1,000 from it.

Did you know I have the largest Bomberman collection in the world? I wish I could find the pictures of my collection from Hudson's site, but it shut down.

Anyway, I played this game quite a lot because the gameplay is actually quite good (arguably better than the Bomberman Live games). But there are tons of obvious problems including the lack of local multiplayer and horrendous load times that show Hudson Japan simply didn't care about this one. Single-player is really not bad as long as you have the time for it (~2 hours). I don't know if I'd recommend Act Zero - maybe if you want to play a more obscure game and you're kind of forgiving. Otherwise, Bomberman Live Battlefest is a much better buy if only because the load times are way better.[/QUOTE]
hey you're a good person to ask this then; what's the best bomberman game on xbla? do any of them still have a community? i'd like to play some online bomberman but i'm not sure which one i should get. do either of them still have online communities? either support more local players than the other (do the games let you bring 4 local people online?)

[quote name='SonicXtreme']hey you're a good person to ask this then; what's the best bomberman game on xbla? do any of them still have a community? i'd like to play some online bomberman but i'm not sure which one i should get. do either of them still have online communities? either support more local players than the other (do the games let you bring 4 local people online?)[/QUOTE]

For multiplayer go with bomberman Live Battlefest

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I looked back a bit and I didn't see anybody post the GoD "deals" prices at Gamestop[/QUOTE]
That's disc and they're used so.......ick

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back