XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadlight Official Gameplay Trailer, for anyone that's interested:

http://youtu.be/HOS3B3CVu-A
(Apologies that, for the life of me I can't figure out how to embed this sucker properly. :cry:)

There's another gameplay clip with "demo" in the name on YT that, from the looks of things, spoils pretty much the whole tutorial/first level of the game. In that clip the game does look more like a LIMBO-puzzler versus a SHADOW COMPLEX-shooter than I originally expected, but even with that said I'm still pretty stoked.

So I'm at that point where both my PS3 and 360 hard drives are full. I don't think I'll be upgrading in the near future.

So my only other option is to start deleting. But I want to keep a record of everything I own, I was thinking about making a spreadsheet with everything from my download history. Anyone else in this position? And any other tips on how I can maintain an accurate record of all my downloadable content?

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I'm at that point where both my PS3 and 360 hard drives are full. I don't think I'll be upgrading in the near future.

So my only other option is to start deleting. But I want to keep a record of everything I own, I was thinking about making a spreadsheet with everything from my download history. Anyone else in this position? And any other tips on how I can maintain an accurate record of all my downloadable content?[/QUOTE]

Well, Xbox has that Download History function. is it that you want to be able to break it down into groups (like Games, DLC, Themes, etc?) I'd just use an Excel spreadsheet for that. Or even a Word document.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I'm at that point where both my PS3 and 360 hard drives are full. I don't think I'll be upgrading in the near future.

So my only other option is to start deleting. But I want to keep a record of everything I own, I was thinking about making a spreadsheet with everything from my download history. Anyone else in this position? And any other tips on how I can maintain an accurate record of all my downloadable content?[/QUOTE]

Xbox and PSN keep track of that stuff for you.

I keep a spreadsheet because I like to keep track of other values like price and do calculations on them. Xbox.com is nice because you can go to your history, choose only full games or only XBLA games, and scroll until it stops loading. Then you can just copy/paste that entire list into a spreadsheet and you have a record of those games and the date you bought them. Then just add a column indicating whether or not the game is currently installed and manually change it when you delete/reinstall.

You can do something similar for the PS3 here. That will include PSP/Vita as well and will take more time because it requires more editing, spans multiple pages, and includes things like demos and unlock keys for some entries. It might be easier to use a trophy tracking site for that, I'm not sure.

Both are sorted by date, so you can periodically just copy and paste everything from the past week/month/whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonicXtreme']hey you're a good person to ask this then; what's the best bomberman game on xbla? do any of them still have a community? i'd like to play some online bomberman but i'm not sure which one i should get. do either of them still have online communities? either support more local players than the other (do the games let you bring 4 local people online?)[/QUOTE]

Like Ooga said, Battlefest is the better game. It doesn't fix many of the first game's problems, but does add new features and better levels, which helps. I think both games have small active communities left, but I've been too busy to play lately.

Also, Crono's experience is just a tale of some random griefers and not like my experience with Bomberman Live at all. Besides, you can always turn Revenge off if you don't like it (and it does suck).

[quote name='jdawgg76']
My only gripe with Conan was the use of magical items going directly against canon and the end boss was kind of a pain in a cheap way. Otherwise, I had a blast with it. Everybody seems to piss on it and say God of War is better, but I still haven't played the GoW series. I've gotten them used and tested the discs and not seen in that short time how much better they are. I don't see why Conan can't be good even if God of War is better (which I'm sure it is, btw), GoW is a top tier game after all.[/QUOTE]

Do you read the Conan books? It's nice to see somebody point out Conan's aversion to magic, which the game does get wrong. I agree it's annoying when people write off GoW-style games just because they're not in the same huge-budget league as God of War. They can still be fun!

[quote name='tylerh1701']In the world? That's pretty awesome, I'd definitely like to see pics.[/QUOTE]

Will letcha know when I get around to retaking them then. Almost bought a Japanese Bomberman slot machine for ~$450 once, but my GF at the time wouldn't have forgiven me for the wasteful spending. :cry:

[quote name='eastx']
Do you read the Conan books? It's nice to see somebody point out Conan's aversion to magic, which the game does get wrong. I agree it's annoying when people write off GoW-style games just because they're not in the same huge-budget league as God of War. They can still be fun![/QUOTE]I would if I had time, but I was a big fan of the movies and read some books back in the day so I'm familiar with some of the mythos. Besides what self respecting barbarian doesn't hate magic?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Will I lose my CAG street cred if I spend $2.50 on a Joker avatar costume?[/QUOTE]
I paid full price for it when it released. Even worse, I just bought another Batman costume. :whistle2:#

[quote name='GUNNM']I would spend more than $2.50 on avatar shit if capcom didn't shun the xbox. =[[/QUOTE]

I wish Marvel would put out some decent costumes instead of just t-shirts. Maybe they're paranoid about people who look like their characters running around in non-Marvel games (the dopes).

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Will I lose my CAG street cred if I spend $2.50 on a Joker avatar costume?[/QUOTE]

No, that outfit looks sweet. And if you're like me, you've got points built up that seem to never get spent anymore.

Also, thanks for the tips guys.

[quote name='eastx']I wish Marvel would put out some decent costumes instead of just t-shirts. Maybe they're paranoid about people who look like their characters running around in non-Marvel games (the dopes).[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing. If they just had outfits for each of the t-shirts, I probably would have bought at least two or three.

Just call it DLC for games that let you use your avatar. That is how I see it.

I really wanted to like Conan, but I much prefer the demo for Bloodforge so I'll just wait for that to go on sale. Even without the promise of excessive violence and boobies, I found the beat em up action and game play better in Bolt.

So my list of GoD potentials has been whittled down to Bionic Commando, Dark Void, and maybe Blazing Angels and Bolt (the latter for my kids of course). Demos and videos of the other games just didn't do it for me.

Geez, I hope not. I don't even want to know how much real money I've spent on fake clothes over the past few years. I even bought an outfit for my PlayStation Home character. :cold:

I always buy my points at a reduced price, so I figure if I happen to spend $1 here or there on avatar clothes, I'm in a sense getting it for free.

[quote name='JStryke']I always buy my points at a reduced price, so I figure if I happen to spend $1 here or there on avatar clothes, I'm in a sense getting it for free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get mine for reduced price or free thanks to Bing Rewards...so buying Avatar stuff is easier on my cheapass-ness ;)

I was totally going to buy Perfect Dark Zero tomorrow, but after playing the demo I've decided against it. I always heard it was bad, but good grief it's really bad. Everything felt really sluggish. The movement and aiming are just slow and even at max sensitivity it wasn't fast enough. Graphics are early 360 life and look like they've been coated with oil.

I'm gonna go with Kameo, PP, and one other game, but I don't know what.

I Liked Bionic Commando alot. The story was pretty damn jumbled and messy (along with the characters), but the gameplay was alot of fun once you get the hang of things. That and the music, especially the opening piano intro, is great as well.

Hey, I updated the newly wikified OP with the Games on Demand sale; didn't get to the xbldb, metacritic and quicklook links yet - that's some tedious shit with 20 games :)

Reddjoey, you have my sincere appreciation for doing a such thorough job with that week-in-week-out over the past years. Hopefully I haven't done anything too bad to make you regret opening it up.

^Nice. I've added the sonic sale we know about as well. I'll work on linking a little bit, but yeah the linking will be the worst part of it by far.

[quote name='killer9']Maybe we got through and cod will be 5 bucks?[/QUOTE]

good joke I'm interested in Alone in the Dark even though it got terrible reviews.

Damn still shows 19.99 when I go to buy even though on the link before it show 4.99. Hoping to get these downloading before I go to sleep.
Downloading Open Season and Dark Void. The others that I want haven't fully updated yet. I really wanted to be able to wake up and play Tornado Outbreak.

[quote name='MRGx']heres all the GoD games ranked by metacritic score:

87 - Call of Duty: Black Ops
86 - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
81 - Rockstar Table Tennis
81 - Prince of Persia
81 - Perfect Dark Zero
79 - Kameo
74 - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
70 - Virtua Tennis 2009
70 - Bionic Commando
69 - Conan
67 - SEGA Superstars Tennis
66 - Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
65 - Meet the Robinsons
62 - Tornado Outbreak
62 - Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
61 - Surf’s Up
59 - Open Season
59 - Dark Void
58 - Alone in the Dark
57 - Bolt
56 - Viva Pinata Party Animals
54 - FaceBreaker
34 - Bomberman Act: Zero

for me (with the points I have now) I can get..maybe 3-4 games they'd be PoP, Bionic, Conan, Blazing Angels (or Sega Tennis..which seems funish, heard it was decent). only those since I already own GRAW, Table Tennis, PDZ, Kameo[/QUOTE]

updated this, even though I doubt Black Ops will be in this sale but it could be..who knows

[quote name='gundamb0i']I would like to download five games but I can't justify 30 GB to download them.[/QUOTE]

Just buy them and download only 1-2 now and later others? I do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back