XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='crunchewy']I don't think the Xbox restricts what saves you can put on the cloud, because it is happy to put the 100+ MB game save for SSX on there. And that's a big mistake unless you have super fast internet. On my DSL it's a disaster. The download speed isn't bad, but uploading 100 MB to the cloud every time you shut off the Xbox is annoying with the fan whirring forever. So I had to move my save onto a flash drive and use that old method for carting my save between our xboxes.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's crazy. I had no idea about that. I'd be scared to store that save in the cloud. I have no idea what the restriction could be then.

I was all ready to pick up the Mushihime DLC off of the HK marketplace until I realized that the deals are only for Gold members, which my HK account is not. Guess I'll have to get it on my US account, unless I can get a 48-hour trial or something (do those even work with DotW?).

[quote name='airco']I was all ready to pick up the Mushihime DLC off of the HK marketplace until I realized that the deals are only for Gold members, which my HK account is not. Guess I'll have to get it on my US account, unless I can get a 48-hour trial or something (do those even work with DotW?).[/QUOTE]

48-hour trials are only good for multiplayer. You don't get access to other features like DotW.

Figured. US account it is, then. I'll just save the points on the HK account to, well, actually buy the game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't think the Xbox restricts what saves you can put on the cloud, because it is happy to put the 100+ MB game save for SSX on there. And that's a big mistake unless you have super fast internet. On my DSL it's a disaster. The download speed isn't bad, but uploading 100 MB to the cloud every time you shut off the Xbox is annoying with the fan whirring forever. So I had to move my save onto a flash drive and use that old method for carting my save between our xboxes[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I moved an 11MB Bioshock 2 save file to the cloud while I was cleaning out some memory files, and I couldn't believe how long it took to upload! I can't even imagine uploading 100+MBs to the cloud!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh man, I moved an 11MB Bioshock 2 save file to the cloud while I was cleaning out some memory files, and I couldn't believe how long it took to upload! I can't even imagine uploading 100+MBs to the cloud![/QUOTE]

The only game I have in the clouds is Disneyland Kinect and it does take a while to load. It never occurred to me to try to move the save to my console. I may give it a try if I can figure out how to do it easily.

Most games it isn't a problem at all and cloud saving is great. The upload only takes 30 seconds or some such amount of time. The only one I have that is a problem is SSX. I didn't realize what was going on at first because I didn't realize the save was so incredibly massive. I was pretty happy when I figured out that was why the damn Xbox was running for so long after power off. LOL.

Typically your upload speed is a lot lower than download. Thus why it takes so much longer to upload the save than to download it.

[quote name='crunchewy'] I was pretty happy when I figured out that was why the damn Xbox was running for so long after power off. LOL.
.[/QUOTE]

It freaked me out when that started happening to my box (about 2 minutes after shutdown). Now it makes sense. I think I'll stay out of the clouds for now. :lol:
Thanks for mentioning this.

Bought the mushi DLC. Now I just got to find a reasonably priced region free copy of the game or else /shudder try and buy it off one of the foreign marketplaces.

If only my brother would've saved to the cloud. He always dismissed it. That came back to bite him in the ass when his hard drive failed and he had to completely reformat it. He lost EVERYTHING. Thousands of hours in Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. I feel terrible, to be honest. I don't know how he has the motivation to start any of those games over.

Because of that, I make sure I save my most important saves to the cloud.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Bought the mushi DLC. Now I just got to find a reasonably priced region free copy of the game or else /shudder try and buy it off one of the foreign marketplaces.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up as well with similar plans. Don't give up.

For the curious: my 300 points from last month's Triple Play offer now show as pending on the rewards page.

[quote name='ooga']For the curious: my 300 points from last month's Triple Play offer now show as pending on the rewards page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Same for me! I wasn't sure if I'd qualified or not. Glad to see I did.

Minecraft 360 doesn't sounds too good. Looks like it's based on pc beta version. :(

For all the game's possibilities, however, it also feels remarkably sparse at times, with a seemingly limited set of materials, animals, and enemies in the world. Minecraft is naturally a very slow and deliberate experience, but the Xbox 360 Edition is curiously based on a year-old PC beta version, and thus lacks many of the elements seen in the official release and later updates, including new animals, resources, food, enemy actions, and combat mechanics.

http://www.oxmonline.com/minecraft-xbox-360-edition-review

[quote name='Sath666']Minecraft 360 doesn't sounds too good. Looks like it's based on pc beta version. :(

http://www.oxmonline.com/minecraft-xbox-360-edition-review[/QUOTE]

I played a bit of it earlier today and it's definitely not as good as the PC version. If anyone has played it on PC I can't recommend it over that one unless you really want splitscreen or that's the only place some of your friends can play it.

However, for anyone who hasn't/can't play it on PC or for whatever reason isn't interested in playing it there it seems like a fine version of the game. Yes, it's an old version of the game, but that's only something you'd know if you already have it on PC.

[quote name='louiedog']I played a bit of it earlier today and it's definitely not as good as the PC version. If anyone has played it on PC I can't recommend it over that one unless you really want splitscreen or that's the only place some of your friends can play it[/QUOTE]

Just what I was going to say, it doesn't sound like this version is for anyone who has and enjoys playing it on PC.

Also, since when did OXM start allowing access to their reviews on their website? That's kind of cool.

Giant Bomb's Quick Look makes it look like a lot of fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0ZwirfQZA

It seems to have a better tutorial than the PC version with built-in recipes and informative mouse-overs that helps make it easier to know what stuff is and what you can make with it without needing to have a browser open to learn that stuff. I have the PC version, but I haven't been able to really get into it as much as I'd like so I'll be getting this version on Wednesday.

minecraft reviews are in. out of 14 reviews it averages 82 / 100

Oxm - 70/100

'For all the game's possibilities, however, it also feels remarkably sparse at times, with a seemingly limited set of materials, animals, and enemies in the world. Minecraft is naturally a very slow and deliberate experience, but the Xbox 360 Edition is curiously based on a year-old PC beta version, and thus lacks many of the elements seen in the official release and later updates, including new animals, resources, food, enemy actions, and combat mechanics.'

Destructoid - 75/100

'I don't regret the engrossing, addictive, and often boring adventure I've had. No matter how tired I may be by the end of a day's excavating, stone smelting, and undead slaying, I can say that, overall, it was worth the effort. Just about."

i will download and play the demo but pay the full price ? prolly not at 50% off i will get it

[quote name='crunchewy']Yeah! Same for me! I wasn't sure if I'd qualified or not. Glad to see I did.[/QUOTE]
Mine too, I was nervous I didnt hit the time with netflix.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']i will download and play the demo but pay the full price ? prolly not at 50% off i will get it[/QUOTE]

Ya 50% off is the absolute highest I will go, mostly just to check it out. I know this style of game isn't for me, but I'd love to spend a few good hours with it so I can form an accurate opinion of it.

I could see this being the one random game we get on Black Friday for 75% off, a la BG&E last year.

Does anyone who picked up Virtual-On want to do the two online achievements with me? Nobody is playing online in that game. I tried for a little while today and could not find a match.

[quote name='DomLando']Does anyone who picked up Virtual-On want to do the two online achievements with me? Nobody is playing online in that game. I tried for a little while today and could not find a match.[/QUOTE]

Add me and we'll do it sometime

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Bought the mushi DLC. Now I just got to find a reasonably priced region free copy of the game or else /shudder try and buy it off one of the foreign marketplaces.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GamingKnight']I picked it up as well with similar plans. Don't give up.[/QUOTE]

Here's a bit of advice to save some time and hassle for you and others.

YesAsia.com, $40.

I spent over 1 1/2 to 2 hours looking for cheaper deals, there aren't any. (unless you find a 3rd party willing to let go a used copy for a bit less and good luck with that)

[quote name='ooga']For the curious: my 300 points from last month's Triple Play offer now show as pending on the rewards page.[/QUOTE]

Balls. Nothing pending, looks like I fell short on one of the three. Next time they do this, hopefully they'll keep stats you can actively track.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Balls. Nothing pending, looks like I fell short on one of the three. Next time they do this, hopefully they'll keep stats you can actively track.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you probably fell short looks like everyone who qualified got pending points on the 2nd

Nin2-Jump was an easy sell for me at 200 msp. Didn't care of Virtual-On OT at all though. I think I'm also going to pass on Guwange (again). I have plenty of time I could invest in Trouble Witches yet, and although I do like shooters, I think I'd rather save those points and put them towards something a bit more modern, like Sine Mora. [I think I've said this before, but shooter fans should take a look at XBLIG Vampire Rage. Should serve as a nice fix for only 80 points.]

I'm not sure what I want to do about the Battlefield 3 expansion. I just played the multiplayer for the first time last night. It was OK, but I'm more of a Modern Warfare junkie, which is funny because I liked Medal of Honor, and those two games seem to play similarly.

Regarding Minecraft, I wonder how it compares to the numerous clones that have popped up on Xbox Live Indie Games....

[quote name='seppuku']Nin2-Jump was an easy sell for me at 200 msp. Didn't care of Virtual-On OT at all though. I think I'm also going to pass on Guwange (again). I have plenty of time I could invest in Trouble Witches yet, and although I do like shooters, I think I'd rather save those points and put them towards something a bit more modern, like Sine Mora. [I think I've said this before, but shooter fans should take a look at XBLIG Vampire Rage. Should serve as a nice fix for only 80 points.]

I'm not sure what I want to do about the Battlefield 3 expansion. I just played the multiplayer for the first time last night. It was OK, but I'm more of a Modern Warfare junkie, which is funny because I liked Medal of Honor, and those two games seem to play similarly.

Regarding Minecraft, I wonder how it compares to the numerous clones that have popped up on Xbox Live Indie Games....[/QUOTE]
minecraft will still be fun. the only issue is that without mods, the game is only a 1/4 of what makes it great.

[quote name='uncle5555']Here's a bit of advice to save some time and hassle for you and others.

YesAsia.com, $40.

I spent over 1 1/2 to 2 hours looking for cheaper deals, there aren't any. (unless you find a 3rd party willing to let go a used copy for a bit less and good luck with that)[/QUOTE]

The only one I found on yesasia.com was this one, but it says it's region locked to JP. Have you played this edition and can confirm otherwise? It looks like the exact same edition available on playasia.com that costs $2 more, but the description says it's region free on that site.

Just curious if anyone knows when the new Marvel tables are coming for Pinball FX2? I figured they would try and time it with the release of the film, to take advantage of all the hype. But I still haven't head squat and the film is already in theaters. Has there been any sort of release window announced for these tables?

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Just curious if anyone knows when the new Marvel tables are coming for Pinball FX2? I figured they would try and time it with the release of the film, to take advantage of all the hype. But I still haven't head squat and the film is already in theaters. Has there been any sort of release window announced for these tables?[/QUOTE]
Probably not for another two weeks or so.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Just curious if anyone knows when the new Marvel tables are coming for Pinball FX2? I figured they would try and time it with the release of the film, to take advantage of all the hype. But I still haven't head squat and the film is already in theaters. Has there been any sort of release window announced for these tables?[/QUOTE]

PS Blog post from May 4:

"As Interactive Manager at Marvel, it’s been my pleasure to work with Zen Studios on the video-pinball adaptation of the film, which, as one of four great tables in Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles, should be headed your way in just a few weeks."

"“Marvel’s The Avengers” and the other three tables within the Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles four-pack help to usher in Zen’s new PlayStation pinball platform on the same launch date (best I can give you now: “soon”)."

Obviously he was only talking about the PS3 version, but more than likely they'll release the same week.

Nin2jp wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the ghost that chases after you that you cannot kill. Some levels I just can't beat quick enough or if I do beat them before the ghost appears I miss the collectible in the level. Glad it was only 200 pts.

[quote name='DomLando']Does anyone who picked up Virtual-On want to do the two online achievements with me? Nobody is playing online in that game. I tried for a little while today and could not find a match.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to. I haven't put any time into the game yet, but it sounds like I'm probably not gonna get much of a chance either.

Yea, I have been closely following the Avengers Chronicles DLC and awaiting a release date announcement...

The truth is Zen doesn't even know the release date yet. MS is weird about their digital DLC releases, and they usually don't let the developers know until a week or two before release. Last release (Epic Quest) was dated thanks to Major Nelson blog post before Zen even got a chance to announce it.

Zen is hoping for a May release, but nothing is set in stone. I am hopeful it will release on the 23rd or 30th of this month.

If Skullgirls has taught us anything, it's that publishing downloadable titles is a bitch.

from Spylon's XBLDB http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights

Xbox 360 Avatar Items:
Sam Fisher Backpack - Gold Price: 120 ($1.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off

Xbox 360 DLC:
Deniable Ops: Insurgency - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.® 2 - All in One Pack - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Hit Makers Mix Pack - 320 ($4.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off
David Guetta Mix Pack 01 - 320 ($4.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Air Supremacy - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off
GRAW 2 CO-OP Collection - Gold Price: 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off
GRAW 2 Co-Op Collection 2 - Gold Price: 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Chapter 2 - Gold Price: 300 ($3.75) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Escalation Expansion Pack - Gold Price: 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Megadeth Track Pack - 220 ($2.75) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Linkin Park Track Pack - 480 ($6.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Country Track Pack - 220 ($2.75) Microsoft Points - 50% off

Xbox 360 Games on Demand:
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION - 2000 ($25.00) Microsoft Points - 17% off

PC:
Borderlands - 800 ($10.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off

Now that is stuff that pisses me off with Borderlands. If you can sell it fir $10 on PC then there is no reason why you cannot on the 360. Instead we get Deus Ex for $25...digital age my ass.

[quote name='basis']from Spylon's XBLDB http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights

Megadeth Track Pack - 220 ($2.75) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Linkin Park Track Pack - 480 ($6.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off
Country Track Pack - 220 ($2.75) Microsoft Points - 50% off
[/QUOTE]

Ugh, the track packs are for Guitar Hero. Seriously, people still play GH over RB?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Instead we get Deus Ex for $25...digital age my ass.[/QUOTE]

$25 for Deus Ex isn't bad, on par with going retail price, maybe even a little less.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']$25 for Deus Ex isn't bad, on par with going retail price, maybe even a little less.[/QUOTE]

Not when it goes on sale for PC for

They are promising frequent updates for Minecraft 360, though, aren't they? Hopefully they can catch up quickly, or get close in any case.

Was gonna make my own thread on this, but it probably belongs here. Select Guitar Hero and DJ Hero DLC is on sale until May 21st.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/Special-Sales

DJ Hero – David Guetta Mix Pack 01 – 320 MS Points
DJ Hero 2 – Hit Makers Mix Pack – 320 MS Points
Guitar Hero World Tour – Country Track Pack – 220 MS Points
Guitar Hero 5 – Megadeth Track Pack – 220 MS Points
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock – Linkin Park Track Pack – 480 MS Points

[quote name='Felder71']Ugh, the track packs are for Guitar Hero. Seriously, people still play GH over RB?[/QUOTE]

At least anyone who purchases these, it will go towards the May Xbox Live reward of the month. But I do agree, GH deals is lame. There hasn't been a discount on RB stuff since the Bon Jovi tracks were 25% off in August.....maybe HMX going independent has anything to do with that?

I do find it hilarious that the Megadeth pack has the Band Hero cover art over on Spylon's site. When I see Band Hero I automatically think of Taylor Swift LOL

[quote name='Dustinator']At least anyone who purchases these, it will go towards the May Xbox Live reward of the month. [/QUOTE]

Luckily, today's Rage Against The Machine track pack will take care of that for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back