XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tsel']Interested in Dead Block, but never really heard much about TNT Racers and Crazy Machine Elements? I'm interested at 400, but does anyone have any opinions on them?[/QUOTE]

CME looks like The Incredible Machine, and I bought it the moment I saw the screenshots.

Crazy Machines has been on my want list since release week so I nabbed it.

I have a new "buy" rule that I put in place a while back, if I really want it I keep the demo on my hard drive until a sale rolls around and if I lose interest in it after launch I'll just delete the demo and never look back.

Now if the Simpsons Arcade game goes on sale my wishlist would be full!

[quote name='Dustinator']The other one(Real Big Shootin' dlc) has been on sale before I believe. I have it on my HDD and I wouldn't have it, if it HADN'T been discounted before. Don't know when since I'm having trouble searching on XBLD(it's too early man).[/QUOTE]

Here is the other Gunstringer DLC:
http://xbldb.com/offers/004-b7d

Glad to see Deadblock finally get a sale. Even if people don't like the game...it's better than seeing constant rehashes. Any time a game goes on sale for the first time, it's a win for gamers.

I'm pretty sure Dead Block went on sale last year. I think it was on sale along with Gatling Gears? Might be remembering wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's not a deal virgin.

On the bright side it's not a deal floozy either like Rockstar DLC.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Glad to see Deadblock finally get a sale. Even if people don't like the game...it's better than seeing constant rehashes. Any time a game goes on sale for the first time, it's a win for gamers.[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with this statement. Even if I don't always want the game that's on sale, it's nice to see something new for a change.

[quote name='SporkWielder']When you buy the retail version, there are two separate achievement lists: one for MGS2 and 3, and one for Peace Walker. I'd assume that releasing them this way is to be consistent with that.[/QUOTE]

This, they're actually on two separate discs too. In Japan, they released them separately, as PW did a lot better there on PSP since it isn't dead.

Anyways, thinking about getting Faery, anyone played it?

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']

Anyways, thinking about getting Faery, anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

I have bought it the last time when it was on sale, but haven't touched it yet..go figure lol but I remember some positive reviews about the game only negative thing I remember that it was too short somehow...but yet again...still have to play it yet, It's still on the backlog ugh..

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I have bought it the last time when it was on sale, but haven't touched it yet..go figure lol but I remember some positive reviews about the game only negative thing I remember that it was too short somehow...but yet again...still have to play it yet, It's still on the backlog ugh..[/QUOTE]

I found one review someone here did. It sounds alright overall, but I don't love JRPG style turn based combat, and he said it's only 6 hours. I didn't realize the Bomberman games were on sale through the Sales and Specials app, so I'll pick up Battlefest for now and try the demo of Faery.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Any opinions on Bomberman Battlefest? why is there so much little dlc? lol[/QUOTE]
it's good, plain old bomberman with tons of modes. hard to find a game online though, add me if you want i've got a few friends who have it. i don't know why anyone would buy the older one when the new one is the same price. or why they picked dlc for the old one to be on sale. is crazy machines a good ripoff of the incredible machine? or is it a bad attempt at recreating a classic?

[quote name='Exu']I'm pretty sure Dead Block went on sale last year. I think it was on sale along with Gatling Gears? Might be remembering wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's not a deal virgin.

On the bright side it's not a deal floozy either like Rockstar DLC.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time Dead Block has been on sale:
http://xbldb.com/offers/003-772

[quote name='Tsel']Interested in Dead Block, but never really heard much about TNT Racers and Crazy Machine Elements? I'm interested at 400, but does anyone have any opinions on them?[/QUOTE]

TNT Racers is alright for mindless fun, I got it last time it was on sale.

I wasn't anywhere near able to beat the "campaign", the AI got way too frustratingly good.

[quote name='Exu']I'm pretty sure Dead Block went on sale last year. I think it was on sale along with Gatling Gears? Might be remembering wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's not a deal virgin.

It was 30% off on PSN before, but never been on sale for XBLA.

Also, I'm surprised to hear some positive things about Faery. I couldn't justify it to myself last time for 600, maybe I'll try again. It's got a 57 on metacritic. What are some positives about the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yamayama']Just a heads up. If you win the Scratch and Match you get gamerpics, not the game.[/QUOTE]

So it's gamerpics? How lame. Thanks for letting us know man. I was actually considering playing this week. Now I don't have to bother.

Strange, because the T&C's on the app are dated correctly (21/08), yet the odds are still listed as 1:1000.

Then again, MS are terrible at updating infromation like this.

Are the two DLC packs for Force Unleashed II (Endor DLC and Character Pack) also on sale today only? I see they're both 80 points, but can't tell if that's a discounted price or not.

Thanks

[quote name='Decker']Are the two DLC packs for Force Unleashed II also on sale today only? I see they're both 80 points, but can't tell if that's a discounted price or not.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that's the normal price. (at least if is for the ewok dlc)

Im confused... whats the best deal on a bomberman game right now? I dont want to buy one that doesnt really have an online community; so really is there a bomberman game for me for 400 msp?

I just cashed in some bing rewards :p

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Im confused... whats the best deal on a bomberman game right now? I dont want to buy one that doesnt really have an online community; so really is there a bomberman game for me for 400 msp?

I just cashed in some bing rewards :p[/QUOTE]

Bomberman Battlefest is the newest one and seems to be the one everyone is getting.

[quote name='Decker']Are the two DLC packs for Force Unleashed II (Endor DLC and Character Pack) also on sale today only? I see they're both 80 points, but can't tell if that's a discounted price or not.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Endor is well worth the price of $1. You get an additional 250 GS and atleast 15-25 minutes of extra playtime. Plus you get to fuck up the living shit out of ewoks :)

[quote name='Skydude']I second Endor as being well worth 80 points. It's short, but it's fun. And yeah, 250 easy GS.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it's cheap, and there are achievements.....but for a Star Wars purest, it requires you to performed unspeakable acts. Buyer beware, a SW diehard old school fan will leave a bit of their soul behind after everything is said and done.

I'm kidding....kinda....mostly......maybe.....

Half off on Bomberman? This sales app is finally getting it right (the shmup sale two weeks ago was tempting, but the price drops weren't high enough to really sway me).

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I agree that it's cheap, and there are achievements.....but for a Star Wars purest, it requires you to performed unspeakable acts. Buyer beware, a SW diehard old school fan will leave a bit of their soul behind after everything is said and done.

I'm kidding....kinda....mostly......maybe.....[/QUOTE]

I've seen a video of that DLC. I don't even like Star Wars, but it still made me feel dead inside.

[quote name='Sath666']Ok, got the Endor dlc as well. Hell, it's a cheaper than avatar item. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Bought endor a while ago its fun for a dollar

STFU 2 got such bad reviews but when it's the same price as Dungeon Fighter which was the game I was planning to get, it makes the decision hard.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Not sure where to post this really, but I used to have a 360. So I have an account with games/dlc on it. If anyone is interested in some type of trade/buy of it message me. I doubt ill get another 360. Games I remember off the top of my head

MvC2
Sonic Adventure
Daytona
TMNT Arcade
Limbo
The Dishwasher (both of them)
L4D2 DLC
Sonic CD

that's all I remember, may be a little more[/QUOTE]

I don't think selling accounts on CAG is allowed and even if it is this is not the thread to do so... :roll:

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Not sure where to post this really, but I used to have a 360. So I have an account with games/dlc on it. If anyone is interested in some type of trade/buy of it message me. I doubt ill get another 360. Games I remember off the top of my head

MvC2
Sonic Adventure
Daytona
TMNT Arcade
Limbo
The Dishwasher (both of them)
L4D2 DLC
Sonic CD

that's all I remember, may be a little more[/QUOTE]

How 'bout tree fitty

mclaughlin.jpg

WRONG!!!

Just kidding. ;) You might have been thinking of a different game. It's easy to confuse the games that have never been on sale with the ones that have been on sale only once. I've been waiting on this one for a while though, haha.

Anyone going to purchase the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Games On Demand version for $10? Thinking of getting it. Got mixed reviews and going to try the demo out. Don't see it any cheaper elsewhere either, except amazon for $16 at the lowest price so far i've seen.

If you buy games from the Scratch & Match loser deals do they appear in your download history? Im planning to get Bomberman Battlefest

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back