XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Most likely indirectly when they have stipulations for buying anything on Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought so, but the 5% reward for example didn't include indie games...soo I'm curios if Indie Games ever applied to any rewards...

Just asking because there's a bunch of Indie Games out there I want to buy, but with the huge backlog just for the 360 (around 200 Games to start, over 100 to finish) I'd like to get some reward to make it worth my while lol

also...I've never thought I would hear this words: Not available in USA lol

[quote name='ivegotalobon']i usually check this thread every day then i miss a few days and find out free minecraft codes were being given out by raptr and i was eligible now they are all gone FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know how you feel. But hopefully whoever got what could've been my code is enjoying it, 'cause I gave the demo a shot the other night - not having tried Minecraft before - and for some reason I just don't have the patience. I guess I really am hardwired for mindless killing sprees.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Anyone know whats going on Serious Sam 3?[/QUOTE]

From Croteam FB Page - Quick update on Xbox 360 Serious Sam 3: BFE regarding questions is it going to be retail or digital distribution - it will be released digitally on Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Croteam/191676850855803

AND

Regarding Xbox 360 SS 3, it is in development, so we are on it since PC was released... It does require time to do all kinds of optimizations, first to fit all in memory and to get decent framarate, as 360 is rather old hardware now (512MB RAM, lower range graphics card etc).

Please be patient for around 4 more months for 360, we are doing our best to finish it in that timeframe.

Kinda sucks though was wanting a physical release...oh well.

[quote name='cmp2005']any news on wats for tomorrow[/QUOTE]

nope. Probably around 8 am eastern either spylon's website or major nelson should have the dotw and whats on tap for the following week. Also VF 5 xbla arcade game edition comes out in 3 weeks for 1200 MSP. Depending on the demo i might bite. Virutal Fighter is probably my 2nd favorite fighting franchise. Man the amount of time i put into #4 both in the arcade and on my ps2 isn't even funny.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wouldn't be Monday without that question popping up :)[/QUOTE]

I agree =P

Here is another typical question: Should I get the Splinter Cell DLC, haven't started the main game yet but don't know if I WANT to start this game....wait for another price drop? Or is the DLC worth to get it now? =O

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I can't believe Half Minute Hero hasn't dropped yet. That needs to, and Space Channel 5 Pt 2, plz.[/QUOTE]

Well Half Minute has dropped 50% off before...but only in Germany during a week where Dead Rising Games were on sale..we got this as a substituion deal, since we don't have any Dead Rising Games over here...(due stupid censorship)

And I would recommend the Dreamcast Collection just played Space Channel 5 Pt 2 a few minutes ago on this disc lol

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I can't believe Half Minute Hero hasn't dropped yet. That needs to, and Space Channel 5 Pt 2, plz.[/QUOTE]

There are some people in the trade thread with HMH. You can probably get it cheap there right now.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I agree =P

Here is another typical question: Should I get the Splinter Cell DLC, haven't started the main game yet but don't know if I WANT to start this game....wait for another price drop? Or is the DLC worth to get it now? =O[/QUOTE]

Splinter Cell Conviction's multiplayer is super fun, and you only need two people to play it (split-screen or online). Unless you're averse to playing with others, it's a good buy. I'd also stop putting off the game; it really is a blast.

[quote name='louiedog']There are some people in the trade thread with HMH. You can probably get it cheap there right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems like a lot of HMH codes floating around.

[quote name='louiedog']There are some people in the trade thread with HMH. You can probably get it cheap there right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion! Just like that, I have it now. xD

Now, we need Space Channel 5 Pt 2 Still! lol.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I too have been waiting on a Half Minute Hero sale. If someone has a code they are looking to sell or trade PM me.[/QUOTE]
ooga has one for sale in the marketplace

[quote name='GUNNM']ooga has one for sale in the marketplace[/QUOTE]

Ooga is also the man, I vouch for him for sure. But yeah, there are at least 3 HMH games floating around the trade board at the moment, and HMH is my XBLA game of the year from last year, it's awesome as fuck.

I LOVE that XBLA trade board, I've picked up basically everything I've wanted from the last 6 months that hasn't been on sale. Only drawback is that it kills the excitement the night before new Deal of the Weeks are announced. Seriously, the 2 games on the top of my XBLA Want List are Sine Mora and Scarygirl.

Only thing that sucks about that board is that so many people don't take Paypal.

[quote name='sp8001']HMH was one of the prizes from the playXBLA Weekend Cheeve Challenge. That's how I scored my code, along with a code for Ms. Splosion Man.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out. They do this every Friday? Seems like a pretty awesome contest. I would have been SOL this week cuz of Alan Wake, but I'll keep an eye on it next week.

I used to frequent PlayXBLA when it first started, but it was pretty much a "Caption this stupid picture" blog, so I stopped checking it out. I guess they've gotten better.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks for pointing this out. They do this every Friday? Seems like a pretty awesome contest. I would have been SOL this week cuz of Alan Wake, but I'll keep an eye on it next week.

I used to frequent PlayXBLA when it first started, but it was pretty much a "Caption this stupid picture" blog, so I stopped checking it out. I guess they've gotten better.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat... SOL because of Alan Wake. But after doing the Minecraft and Comic Jumper cheevos, I decided to take the gamble and grab Alan Wake in the hopes of some good prizes. I'm glad I did! Alan Wake was awesome! So awesome in fact I just ordered the GoD version of the original for $7 (thanks CAG!). Can't argue with that price.

Basically it boiled down to spending 1200 MSP on 3 pretty sweet games. Ended up trading Ms. Splosion (bought it at launch) for The Splatters. I am pleased with the results.

I just found out about it last week, but apparently it has been going on for a few months. They post the challenge every Friday. Some have been easy, but I think they are making it harder and harder each week. I hope I have the games needed for this weekend ;). I've heard the prizes can be hit or miss too. Sometimes you get full games, and other times you get codes for DLC. So like I said, it was a gamble.

They still do the caption contest lol...

I've never heard of playxbla either, will definitely have to check out the chievo challenge from here on out.

Hoping with Arcade next ending, we get some awesome sales!

Man screw this dotw. Its great for people who have kinect nd no arcade games, but thats not me. Another week of saving points.

Btw fruit ninja kinect is awesome, so that should be a MUST BUY!

according to xbldb.com, there are a bunch of other things on sale such as:

-Iron Brigade and DLC (50% off)
-Castle Crashers (50% off)
-Orcs Must Die (50% off)
-Magic 2012 + DLC (50% off)

and a bunch of Halo: Reach map packs.

perfect timing. Was thinking about picking up Trials HD after all the fuzz over evo, but was waiting for a sale. Will pick that up+iron brigade (double fine ftw). I'll probably never get to play them like the other 30+ arcade games I have yet to play though...When you have the money to support gaming, the time just is never there :(. Taking 14 credit hours in the summer destroys my fun time.

Finally a sale on Trenched! Looks like i finally need to cash in some of those bing points to pick up the DLC too.

I got Fusion Genesis from the code trading thread a few weeks ago. It plays like a twin stick shooter / MMO (with an economy, trading, farming, questing) but can be played single player or with friends / pick up groups. Giant bomb did a quick look of it that does it pretty good justice.

[quote name='John82']Some more Deals

DOTW

Double Fine Happy Action Theater - 400msp (was 800)
Haunt - 400msp (was 800)
Hole in the Wall - 400msp (was 800)
Leedmees - 400msp (was 800)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (was 1200)
Fusion: Genesis - 400msp (was 800)
Iron Brigade - 600msp (was 1200)
--Rise of the Martian Bear - 200msp (was 400)
Orcs Must Die! - 600msp (was 1200)
Magic 2012 - 400msp (was 800)
--Magic 2012 Expansion - 200msp (was 400)
Trials HD - 600msp (was 1200)
--Trials HD: Big Thrills - 200msp (was 400)
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - 600msp (was 1200)
--Worms: UM Single-player pack - 200msp (was 400)

Forza 4
--January Jalopnik pack - 280msp (was 560)
--February American Le Mans Series pack - 280msp (was 560)

Gears of War 3
--Hoard Command Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Skin packs also reduced

Halo Reach
--Anniversary map pack - 600msp (was 1200)
--Defiant map pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Noble map pack - 400msp (was 800)

Kinect Sports Season 2
--Maple leaf golf pack - 200msp (was 400)
--Midnight Mountain pack - 200msp (was 400)

Stolen from NEOGAF :oops:[/QUOTE]

Woohoo!! Awesome Deals this week. Lots of new stuff that's never been on sale and some usual repeats. Surprised Happy Action Theatre is on sale after just 3 1/2 months. Finally Iron Brigade has dropped.

I'll be getting HAT, maybe Iron Brigade, as well as Haunt since I missed it when it was the Family Deal this month. Great deals to me

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namerson']finally the halo reach maps are on sale![/QUOTE]
You're joking right? The Reach map packs (save the Anniversary one) went on sale 4 times last year alone. Practically every three months. It was ridiculous timing. We could predict when it was coming out since it was repeated so much. :drool:

EDIT: not meant to be a butt, just stating what this thread has endured.....I mean gone through......I mean......nevermind :)

Hmm not bad. Already have most of the decent things tho. Getting Orcs Must Die!, Rise of the Martian Bear and Big Thrills dlc's. Still not sure about Fusion Genesis, but for 400MSP, maybe will add it to my XBLA collection.

[quote name='Dustinator']You're joking right? The Reach map packs (save the Anniversary one) went on sale 4 times last year alone. Practically every three months. It was ridiculous timing. We could predict when it was coming out since it was repeated so much. :drool:

EDIT: not meant to be a butt, just stating what this thread has endured.....I mean gone through......I mean......nevermind :)[/QUOTE]

I knew I should've put the /s

Great deals this week, though I own plenty of the titles already. Grabbing Iron Brigade and maybe Fusion Genesis. Someone sell me on the Martian Bear DLC. Undecided on it. How difficult are its achievements?

Looks like it's time for me to try the Happy Action Theater demo finally. And, yeah, Fruit Ninja Kinect is awesome. Buy that if you don't have it already (if you have Kinect). I'll probably try the Leedmees demo too.

Nice, grabbed Iron Brigade and its expansion, is the online community still active?
Also, good to see Castle Crashers discounted once again, maybe I'll find new players to play co-op and finally get the last two cheevos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back