XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gubmccargen']:cry: More Ubisoft repeats to match the PSN sale. Outland and BG&E at 400 and Clash of Heroes at 600. Too bad.[/QUOTE]

Outland is still 800 points. When will it be 400 points?

[quote name='matrix9280']Outland is still 800 points. When will it be 400 points?[/QUOTE]

I just bought Outland for 400 points so you might want to check again.

[quote name='LordVila']I just bought Outland for 400 points so you might want to check again.[/QUOTE]

Checked again it still says 800 points. I must be doing something wrong.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']I want that and I want this! I still have Punisher on the Genesis complete put away somewhere. Got it real cheap on ebay a long time ago.

http://youtu.be/kTQVhJwSpZU[/QUOTE]

I Love this Game, Me and my Buddy tried beating it on nomal. we made it about 4 levels into it. pretty tough plus enemies never miss when throwing knifes. So, we decided to play it on easy after level 2 it says congratulations you finished the game now try on a harder difficulty lol

[quote name='mebegod']thats why[/QUOTE]

That's not fair. Outland was 7 dollars last week on PSN. It should be a lower price on Xbox Live without paying for a gold membership. It's not fair. It'll go down in price for real sooner or later and then I will buy the game.

[quote name='matrix9280']That's not fair. Outland was 7 dollars last week on PSN. It should be a lower price on Xbox Live without paying for a gold membership. It's not fair. It'll go down in price for real sooner or later and then I will buy the game.[/QUOTE]

You sound whiny. Besides, it is clearly stated in the OP that these sales are for Gold only.

Book.itsnotfair.jpg

[quote name='matrix9280']That's not fair. :cry: It should be a lower price on Xbox Live without paying for a gold membership. :cry: It's not fair. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Do the Raptr promotion:

http://raptr.com/rewards/xbox-live-free-gold-subscription

They still have over 9,000 available.

Get a free month of gold, free Maw, free R-type dimensions, and Outland on sale. Be sure to ask your mom to help you sign up though, it requires a CC or Paypal at MS to complete the process. Also, please don't make your next post asking us how to do this step-by-step, ask your mom instead.

My prediction for next week's sale:
The Maw: 400
R-Type Dimensions: 600

Does anyone know if the Trials DLC ends this morning, or if that deal will extend beyond the weekly cycle? I'm trying to figure out if I should get one or the other. Have they gone on sale much in the past?

Thanks in advance,

-B

Hey, I was just wondering yesterday when I'd be able to get Clash of Heroes on sale. :D

Think I'll grab Beyond Good and Evil too, I've never played it before.

[quote name='Bosamba']Does this include the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Prince of Persia DLC?[/QUOTE]

No, that stuff won't be on sale.

[quote name='Kerig']Do the Raptr promotion:

http://raptr.com/rewards/xbox-live-free-gold-subscription

They still have over 9,000 available.

Get a free month of gold, free Maw, free R-type dimensions, and Outland on sale. Be sure to ask your mom to help you sign up though, it requires a CC or Paypal at MS to complete the process. Also, please don't make your next post asking us how to do this step-by-step, ask your mom instead[/QUOTE]

Hilaroius! :applause:

[quote name='Abbadon74']Does anyone know if the Trials DLC ends this morning, or if that deal will extend beyond the weekly cycle? I'm trying to figure out if I should get one or the other. Have they gone on sale much in the past?

Thanks in advance,

-B[/QUOTE]

It ends in just a couple hours, so decide soon. Trials HD goes on sale a lot, the DLC not as frequently.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Hey, I was just wondering yesterday when I'd be able to get Clash of Heroes on sale. :D

Think I'll grab Beyond Good and Evil too, I've never played it before.[/QUOTE]

Gotta chime in with the mandatory "if you play inverted, make sure to try out the BG&E demo first and make sure you can deal with the awful camera".

I like to think that if I even prevent one sale of that game, I've done my job. (And I have nothing against the game itself, I'm sure it's fucking awesome, but the camera is just ridiculous.)

[quote name='tylerh1701']

It ends in just a couple hours, so decide soon. Trials HD goes on sale a lot, the DLC not as frequently.[/QUOTE]

Any thoughts on which pack is better? I may be limited to picking up one at this point.

Thanks,

-B

I shed tears considering I paid full price for BG&E even though I have yet to play it (played the GC version a year ago). Is the graphical update really worth playing it again this soon?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Gotta chime in with the mandatory "if you play inverted, make sure to try out the BG&E demo first and make sure you can deal with the awful camera".

I like to think that if I even prevent one sale of that game, I've done my job. (And I have nothing against the game itself, I'm sure it's fucking awesome, but the camera is just ridiculous.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up... seems Outland scored well with critics too, but I only have enough points for one of them. So now I feel torn. D:

[quote name='sylveranking']I shed tears considering I paid full price for BG&E even though I have yet to play it (played the GC version a year ago). Is the graphical update really worth playing it again this soon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a great game despite what Tyler says about the camera. I had no issues playing the game at all that I can't blame on my lack of hand/eye coordination.

[quote name='Abbadon74']Any thoughts on which pack is better? I may be limited to picking up one at this point.

Thanks,

-B[/QUOTE]
They're both very good. Big thrills might be a little better IMO

[quote name='ooga']Yes, it's a great game despite what Tyler says about the camera. I had no issues playing the game at all that I can't blame on my lack of hand/eye coordination.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's not a game where you need to adjust the camera up and down during battle, so I think automatically crossing it off for that issue is excessive.

The thing is that BG&E's camera can be inverted, but only on both axes at the same time. There's no way to play with the camera inverted on the Y axis but non-inverted on the X axis, which is probably the comfortable setting for most people who would invert the Y axis. It's really a baffling decision to set it up that way.

People who play inverted have upside-down brains. It's a medical fact. Of course they were born that way so it's not their fault. Developers should still accommodate these people the way that hud elements and multiplayer skins should be designed with color blindness in mind. It's time that the Americans with Disabilities Act was amended for video games.

[quote name='Abbadon74']Any thoughts on which pack is better? I may be limited to picking up one at this point.

Thanks,

-B[/QUOTE]

No clue. Sorry, I'm not a big Trials fan.

[quote name='ooga']Yes, it's a great game despite what Tyler says about the camera. I had no issues playing the game at all that I can't blame on my lack of hand/eye coordination.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Agreed. It's not a game where you need to adjust the camera up and down during battle, so I think automatically crossing it off for that issue is excessive.[/QUOTE]

Really? I couldn't even get through the first first fight and walking around the first area without massive amounts of frustration. It's a game I was SOOOOOO looking forward to, but I just have no desire to play it because I don't want to force myself to learn the camera controls. So I think I'm a little bitter. At least it was only $3, and maybe I'll get to it one day.

And EastX, I recommend that everyone try the demo and make sure they can deal with the camera. I'd never recommend completely "crossing it off" just for that issue.

I'll put in my hate for BG&E due to the camera. Tried playing the demo and I wanted to scream. It seems so good for an easily fixed control issue to ruin it. It is important to note that this is how the game was originally as well, not an issue just for XBLA. Either way, I just refuse to play it that way. I've got too much else to play.

PS - Outland is awesome. Don't pass it up for $5.

[quote name='louiedog']People who play inverted have upside-down brains. It's a medical fact. Of course they were born that way so it's not their fault. Developers should still accommodate these people the way that hud elements and multiplayer skins should be designed with color blindness in mind. It's time that the Americans with Disabilities Act was amended for video games.[/QUOTE]

Not to start something here, but this pic does a good job of explaining how us inverters do it.

7cf0d48d362de0254e7a83425a14f33a.jpg

[quote name='Felder71']I'll put in my hate for BG&E due to the camera. Tried playing the demo and I wanted to scream. It seems so good for an easily fixed control issue to ruin it. It is important to note that this is how the game was originally as well, not an issue just for XBLA. Either way, I just refuse to play it that way. I've got too much else to play.

PS - Outland is awesome. Don't pass it up for $5.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I figured it was built into the original game, but wasn't sure. Also, ditto on Outland. Amazing game!

Grabbed BG&E when it was 240 MSP =)
And already got Clash of Heroes & Outland for the same prices during other deals...
Sadly the M&M Clash of Heroes DLC isn't on sale =/

EDIT: On another note can anyone help me with this?

Under Signature Permissions it says:

Allow Image BB Code No

Can Upload Images for Signature No

Can't get the picture to show up or change this options...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Not to start something here, but

7cf0d48d362de0254e7a83425a14f33a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My post was about 70% joke, but I was serious when I said devs should include full camera control options and think about things like color blindness. Of course drawing joysticks sticking out the back of people's heads doesn't do much to hurt my upside-down brain theory. That's just creepy.

Out of curiosity, in a sidescroller with analog aiming on the right stick, should the control be inverted?

Just realized the Harley Quinn DLC is out next week for Arkham City... might just hold the rest of my points for that. But I'll get the trials of both Outland and BG&E and see what I think.

[quote name='louiedog']
Out of curiosity, in a sidescroller with analog aiming on the right stick, should the control be inverted?[/QUOTE]

I dont' think so. I play inverted and with a side scroller I don't do it. I think you need the 3D perspective to require inverted. I'm guessing a lot of us who play inverted grew up on flight sim games where you pull back the joystick to go up and vice versa.

[quote name='louiedog']My post was about 70% joke, but I was serious when I said devs should include full camera control options and think about things like color blindness. Of course drawing joysticks sticking out the back of people's heads doesn't do much to hurt my upside-down brain theory. That's just creepy.

Out of curiosity, in a sidescroller with analog aiming on the right stick, should the control be inverted?[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't play it inverted. Probably because I am moving something on screen (the gun I'm aiming). Whereas in FPS I am controlling something offscreen (the character itself) and in 3D third person games I am also moving something offscreen (the camera).

Not sure if that makes any sense, but it's the logic I use (I think).

[quote name='Chemosh013']I dont' think so. I play inverted and with a side scroller I don't do it. I think you need the 3D perspective to require inverted. I'm guessing a lot of us who play inverted grew up on flight sim games where you pull back the joystick to go up and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

I play inverted, but don't know why. I've never played a flight sim (unless Star Fox 64 counts). Weren't Goldeneye 007 (N64) and Perfect Dark default settings inverted? I'm thinking that has to be where I picked it up.

I already have Outland and Clash of Heroes. I would love to get the online achievements done in these games since I already played through and really enjoyed the single player. If anyone wants to play after they purchase just send me a request with Outland or Clash of Heroes in the subject line. Both games are excellent. Thanks

[quote name='tylerh1701']I play inverted, but don't know why. Weren't Goldeneye 007 (N64) and Perfect Dark default settings inverted? I'm thinking that has to be where I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

See, PD64 is where I picked it up too... then I took a Metroid Prime to the GCN. For some reason inverted just didn't compute with that game for me... I think it had the option, but for me that game was my transition back to a 'basic' control scheme.

Overall though I'd say I'm probably fairly adaptable to either style, especially when it comes to moving the camera third person and not aiming a gun. Seems like I may even prefer inverted for flight controls actually. :lol:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']when looking on the dotw page on xbox.com Kingdom of keflings is shown but with its regular price. Maybe a microsoft mistake?[/QUOTE]

Odd. Probably a mistake. Too bad though, it really is an awesome game!

I can deal with either inverted or non-inverted for the X axis (Final Fantasy XII and other last-gen games had an inverted X axis with no option to change it, so it's not totally foreign), but the Y axis is a dealbreaker. Inverted or I can't play the game. So when I get around to BG&E I'll just invert both axes and get used to it. :) Still, in these enlightened times, there's absolutely no reason for a dev to not accommodate everyone.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I can deal with either inverted or non-inverted for the X axis (Final Fantasy XII and other last-gen games had an inverted X axis with no option to change it, so it's not totally foreign), but the Y axis is a dealbreaker. Inverted or I can't play the game. So when I get around to BG&E I'll just invert both axes and get used to it. :) Still, in these enlightened times, there's absolutely no reason for a dev to not accommodate everyone.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I don't think I've ever played an inverted X game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, I don't think I've ever played an inverted X game.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I think it would be tougher to learn that style than to just force myself to play non-inverted (I refuse to call it normal :D)!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, I don't think I've ever played an inverted X game.[/QUOTE]
Plenty of third-person adventure or RPG games do it that way. Not generally any games where you shoot a gun though.

I kind of had to "learn" non-inverted X axis when I first played Gears of War, because I was used to the other style. Now it's normal to me.

It's the exact same principle as the picture that was posted earlier, moving the stick left moves the camera left around the character's head, and thus the character's view shifts to the right. It's a fine control scheme but once you introduce aiming a gun into the mix it breaks down.

Ok, so this was weird. When do the sales update? The reason I ask is because I got home this morning, around 6:30am, and realized I never downloaded Happy Action Theater. I figured I was screwed but checked and it was still showing as part of the DotW. I quickly downloaded it as it said it was 400pts. Then I went to see if I had previously purchased BG&E because today was the last day it was on sale on PS3. I see that I never did buy it on 360 but it's showing 400pts. Then I see that it is part of this weeks DotW.

Do the deals cross over at all? I didn't give my purchase a real good look but I'm going to be pissed if I was actually charged 800pts for HAT.

Speaking of BG&E, does anyone know if there is any difference between the 360 and PS3 versions? ie, I mean, performance or graphics wise?

[quote name='ooga']Yes the previous week's deals don't expire until sometime on Tuesday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Whew, thanks for that. I quickly (virtually) ran and bought HAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back