XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wEEman33']Man, definitely waiting for a sale on these SEGA ROM packs.

I thought Streets of Rage and Golden Axe would be bundled together, but instead they are two separate 800 point packs.

Pass for now.[/QUOTE]

No idea why anyone would even assume that. They are two separate compilations.

[quote name='ooga']No idea why anyone would even assume that. They are two separate compilations.[/QUOTE]

Just like last week's SEGA compilations, you say? ;)

I will most likely buy Peggle. I had it on disk with Zuma and PvZ but I could not stand the sound of my disk drive spinning constantly since you are not allowed to install from disk. I already have Peggle Nights from the last sale but it is unplayable with the original game.

[quote name='eastx']Just like last week's SEGA compilations, you say? ;)[/QUOTE]

well thats why it was called Alex Kidd and Friends. lol

Atleast the Golden Axe and Streets of Rage collections have 400 points to earn. Better bargain. And 800 isnt bad considering Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe by themselves were 400 pts.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I will most likely buy Peggle. I had it on disk with Zuma and PvZ but I could not stand the sound of my disk drive spinning constantly since you are not allowed to install from disk. I already have Peggle Nights from the last sale but it is unplayable with the original game.[/QUOTE]

This annoys me too. Not enough to actually re-buy a game, but it seems to happen on every compilation disc.

wow you guys have shitty xbox's. I was playing the compilation disc that came with the old arcade 360 ( My first and still only xbox ;) ) and I didnt here shit. Also pick up feeding frenzy or better yet that compilation disc, great old arcade games and its super cheap aswell.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']
Atleast the Golden Axe and Streets of Rage collections have 400 points to earn. Better bargain. And 800 isnt bad considering Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe by themselves were 400 pts.[/QUOTE]

You forget the most important thing - ports by M2 are actually good, unlike all of the half-assed work by Backbone. New collections contains all versions of these games (JPN/EU/US), challenge modes, jukebox in menu, tons of screen options, better sound quality and controls. Monster World, SOR, Golden Axe - each of these collections are easily worth 800MSP.

btw Backbone shitty Golden Axe/SOR2 ports just got delisted today. Not a big lose. :)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']So I own Streets of Rage like 14 times. Is It wrong I still might buy it again for $10 today?[/QUOTE]

I played that fucking living shit of the first when I was young on my sega genesis. OMG great memories. I never finished it either, :cry:.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks, but it was actually first found here.[/QUOTE]

Catching up on thread. And I had to comment on the "indie sale".

The above was about the Anomaly Warzone Earth, I just wanted to comment that it was actually first found on xbldb.com

;) :cool:

[quote name='MrNEWZ']So I own Streets of Rage like 14 times. Is It wrong I still might buy it again for $10 today?[/QUOTE]
Is it true that SoR2 >>> SoR3 ?

I honestly cannot POSSIBLY see the point of buying Sega's monthly shovel of dirt from the nostalgia well. How often can they revisit these IPs? I have so many copies of SoR, what on EARTH do these collections have that could possibly make them worth it?

Is it true that SoR2 >>> SoR3 ?
Good gravy yes. The soundtrack to SoR3 is violently terrible. It sounds like it was randomly generated by a computer. It's awful. Gameplay-wise, they balanced it ridiculously coming to America, so that American Normal (Difficulty 2/7 if memory serves) was harder than Japanese Mania (7/7). (This is an estimate from memory.) Needless to say it is nigh impossible to complete.

Plus it just looks uglier to boot and the whole end of the game is even more robots nonsense than SoR usually tends to be.

Really, if you want SoR by now, you SHOULD have Streets of Rage Remake, a remake so good it renders the original trilogy practically obsolete

[quote name='LordVila']I finally tried Peggle and for some reason the whole time during the demo I was thinking of Plinko from the Price is Right.[/QUOTE]

Both Peggle and Plinko were inspired by the Japanese game of pachinko.

[quote name='LordVila']I finally tried Peggle and for some reason the whole time during the demo I was thinking of Plinko from the Price is Right.[/QUOTE]

Join the club kid. My wife and I thought the same thing when we first played it several years ago.

I might have to finally buy heavy weapon. I almost got it during the last popcap sale, but passed because I bought a few of the other games and didn't want to buy too much at once.

I already have the feeding frenzies and Plants vs. Zombies; I'll have to try the demo of Astropop, never really noticed that game before. I like Bejewed just fine, but I don't think I would really like to play them on my 360, that's the kind of game I play on my iPod or computer while watching TV or doing something else.

And also, I agree that IMO, Peggle is very overrated. I played through the trial and had no desire to play more, but I gave it another shot when my little brother bought it on his 360, but my opinion never changed.

[quote name='wEEman33']Streets of Rage 3 honestly is not a very good game. The first two are just way better.[/QUOTE]

I want to like SOR3, but ... yes.

Agreed on the difficulty.

So I magically made it to Thursday without buying the game yet. I may be in the clear to waiting for a discount instead of paying 800pts for something I own on multiple consoles.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I honestly cannot POSSIBLY see the point of buying Sega's monthly shovel of dirt from the nostalgia well. How often can they revisit these IPs? I have so many copies of SoR, what on EARTH do these collections have that could possibly make them worth it?

Good gravy yes. The soundtrack to SoR3 is violently terrible. It sounds like it was randomly generated by a computer. It's awful. Gameplay-wise, they balanced it ridiculously coming to America, so that American Normal (Difficulty 2/7 if memory serves) was harder than Japanese Mania (7/7). (This is an estimate from memory.) Needless to say it is nigh impossible to complete.

Plus it just looks uglier to boot and the whole end of the game is even more robots nonsense than SoR usually tends to be.

Really, if you want SoR by now, you SHOULD have Streets of Rage Remake, a remake so good it renders the original trilogy practically obsolete[/QUOTE]

I've grown to like the soundtrack over the years, but yeah, it's certainly an acquired taste and while I like it, it's certainly below the masterful soundtracks of SoR1 and 2.

I do have to say that the difficulty adjustment made for the American release does ruin it a bit. Like you said though, SoRR essentially combines all the best elements of all 3 games into an insanely awesome game.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']

I was browsing the Assault Horizon site and saw news of a DLC sale. Upon clicking I found out it already happened back in Mar and was Euro-only. Awesome...[/QUOTE]

I know your into it right now but give it time.

The AC6 stuff, if I remember right, used to cost points but now it is all mostly free.

I think eventually they'll snap out of it and bring down the price.

I was going to buy Sonic CD... but decided to bite on Anomaly and Blocks That Matter for the same price. I own both of them on Steam already, but I figured I would support this to help the process of MS allowing games to name their own price on XBLA. Hopefully this first sign of MS budging will form a pattern in the future.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']I know your into it right now but give it time.

The AC6 stuff, if I remember right, used to cost points but now it is all mostly free.

I think eventually they'll snap out of it and bring down the price.[/QUOTE]

I was reading somewhere that when the half-off sale happened in the UK, it was still over $100 to buy everything for the game.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I hope sometime in th future the Ace Combat DLC goes on sale. I absolutely hate Bandai Namco's DLC pricing. I loved AC6 but didn't feel like I could get any of the DLC for it besides the free skins. Just got Assault Horizon and am really enjoying it but upon checking the marketplace, they got worse with their DLC pricing! No free stuff and prices went up! [/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm right there with you on Ace Combat. When the stuff goes on sale, I'm jumping on that.

Also just rechecked my download list for the popcap games and decided I don't want to hunt for the peggle disc anymore and just shelled out the 5 bucks for it. It's a long game to play for achievements too so it will have a pretty stable space in my HHD.

I've held off on buying the majority of Popcap games straight through XBLA because I figured I'd just hoard the retail versions at some point. I bought Astropop the first time it went on sale, though, not at all aware it's a part of the Popcap Vol. 1 collection. Poop.

New Xbox Live Rewards is: Get an avatar Item for 240 MSP or more and get 80 MSP back....could have been much better but oh well...

I wonder if it counts when I redeem a 400 MSP Avatar Code lol...

^Last month was music add-ons, I believe.

Edit:
'd

I might have to get one of the new Marvel outfits that's coming out soon...

Anyone else going to E3 this year? Cornelius maybe?

I guess we will finally know the ''Summer of Arcade'' titles next week, right? Hopefully Dust: An Elysian Tail and Spelunky are in. :)

[quote name='Sath666']I guess we will finally know the ''Summer of Arcade'' titles next week, right? Hopefully Dust: An Elysian Tail and Spelunky are in. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah im assuming E3 will feature an announcement. Quantum Conundrum maybe? Deadlight?

[quote name='Sath666']I guess we will finally know the ''Summer of Arcade'' titles next week, right? Hopefully Dust: An Elysian Tail and Spelunky are in. :)[/QUOTE]

So Spelunky is finally coming out? I remember hearing about it forever ago and forgot about it.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']New Xbox Live Rewards is: Get an avatar Item for 240 MSP or more and get 80 MSP back....could have been much better but oh well...

I wonder if it counts when I redeem a 400 MSP Avatar Code lol...[/QUOTE]

Probably not.

I asked them if redeeming a code for a music add on would work for last months promotion and they said no.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']New Xbox Live Rewards is: Get an avatar Item for 240 MSP or more and get 80 MSP back....could have been much better but oh well...

I wonder if it counts when I redeem a 400 MSP Avatar Code lol...[/QUOTE]

It's depressing that it has to be a single item, since I was actually planning on buying two items totaling 240 MSP at some point. Oh well. ( ´_ゝ`)

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Don't they usually have some good sales during E3 week?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the Black Ops DLC on 50% sale. I bought the MW2 DLC sometime last summer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that behind the back perspective Angry Birds type game in the SoA. You know there's going to be at least something for Kinect.

I coulda sworn I already had Peggle Nights, but I just checked and I didn't have it. Very....odd *cue Twighlight Zone music*

So I just picked it up. Gonna have to skip PvZ. Waiting for the 400 msp price point since I can't seem to bite at 600
[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']New Xbox Live Rewards is: Get an avatar Item for 240 MSP or more and get 80 MSP back....could have been much better but oh well.....[/QUOTE]
Bleck. No bonus msp for me this month then

[quote name='eastx']Anyone else going to E3 this year?[/QUOTE]
I wish. I had a chance to go back in 2005 and missed the opportunity. It woulda been for pleasure too, nothing work related. Ah well

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Don't they usually have some good sales during E3 week?[/QUOTE]

They have before, like 2 or 3 years ago. But since we already know the sales for next week, im not expecting anything.

^Yup, that's the one I was thinking about. I had just gotten my Xbox about 6 months earlier and had recently started getting into downloadable titles when that sell popped up. I think I bought 8 or 9 games from that sale, and still regret skipping Crystal Defenders.

I would totally pick up Shadow Complex if it ever hit that 560 price point again. I've heard nothing but universal praise for it, but 1200 is way to steep for such an old title. I had just gotten an Xbox a few months after that sale, so to say I'd like to see a sale of that sort would be an understatement.

Man that was a great sale. Castle crashers, castlvania, and tmnt for me :) Kinda hope we get some sale this week, or at the very least june's monthly price drops have good arcade games in them.

Great. Now my hopes are up for a cool sale. They are definitely due for one of those really big sales. The sale a few weeks ago was nothing compared to the mega sales they throw down sometimes. It only seemed like a great sale because it's been so dry lately. Other than Trenched going on sale I didn't see anything particularly awesome. Though Trenched was certainly enough to make me a happy camper so please don't think I'm griping about it now, just saying it wasn't as great as it could have been.

In short, here's hoping for something sweet.

I think if there was going to be an E3 sale Major Nelson would have announced it. Not that I don't want one, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back