XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there is a better place to post this but has anyone that has the new dash update and has purchased any kind of season pass though Zune not able to watch their shows?

I have the breaking bad season pass and have not been able to watch the newest episode. When I click on the most recent episode it acts like I didn't purchase the season pass. Where the season pass tab is, it shows I haven't purchased it yet also. Anyone else having this problem? I'd so is there a fix?

I can still watch them on my pc without any problems, just not through my Xbox.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My point was that outside of Battlefield 1943, Monday Night Combat was the only other shooter that had a good-sized community that lasted for long enough to be worth the money. Most just die within the first week because they either have no established name or no promotion. I don't know what Darklight is.

Monday Night Combat had a lot of server issues for me throughout the entire time I played it.[/QUOTE]

Well, you're pretty optimisitic of this Hybrid having a good community, just because it's in SoA. Sorry, I don't see it. MNC had a good community because the game was actually GOOD. Not only that, you could actually play it single-player if you wanted to see what the game was like, or wasn't able to play MP. Not Hybrid. If there servers aren't working, you can't even get to the main menu! So basically the game is broken right now the second it gets to the title screen.

This game just shot itself in the foot, there's no way it's community will live through this.

[quote name='Felder71']Yikes, that's scary. Because Nexuiz might be once of the worst XBLA games ever released. I'd rather play Yaris.[/QUOTE]

Nexuiz isn't even close to being the worst XBLA game ever, most people just sucked at it because it's a different kind of FPS then the boring COD crap released these days. It's an old-school Quake-style FPS. Just because you were too young to experience those games back in the day or you suck too much at them to enjoy them, doesn't mean that they aren't any good.

BTW, there has been Amy, Street Trace: NYC, Totemball, The Warriors: SB, Novadrome, D&D Daggerdale on XBLA, all 10 times worse then Nexuiz.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya Nexuiz is perfectly capable, it's just a completely unnecessary game to be on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah it's kind of dead, but I respect that they took a chance to remake the PC version into the XBLA version. XBLA just isn't a good platform for online shooters not named BF1943. I really hope C-S:GO lives awhile.

[quote name='MSUHitman']What XBLA shooter besides BF 1943 still has a community and active matches? Wouldn't the vast majority of Darklight and Monday Night Combat players have moved on to the superior PC-only sequels that are F2P?.[/QUOTE]

I still play Monday Night Combat XBLA and there are plenty of people on.

If anything, it's the PC version of MNC that's a ghost town.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I love beat-em-ups and think Wayforward has yet to figure out what makes games good but I look forward to the demo.[/QUOTE]

I think WayForward did pretty good on Contra 4, but that's about it.

This months August promo must be glitched. The only thing I have bought this month so far that could possibly count was 800 points worth of Pinball Arcade DLC and I have already received credit for the promo.

Rewards Points Pending: 480

08/04/2012 Spent 1,600 Microsoft Points or more on eligible Sports Items in August 240
08/01/2012 Completion of August 2012 Survey 20
07/31/2012 Spent 800 Microsoft Points or more on eligible Superhero content in July 200
07/01/2012 Completed July Survey 20

[quote name='LordVila']This months August promo must be glitched. The only thing I have bought this month so far that could possibly count was 800 points worth of Pinball Arcade DLC and I have already received credit for the promo.

08/04/2012 Spent 1,600 Microsoft Points or more on eligible Sports Items in August 240
07/31/2012 Spent 800 Microsoft Points or more on eligible Superhero content in July 200
07/01/2012 Completed July Survey 20[/QUOTE]

Wow, lucky! :)

I bought Jeremy McGrath's Offroad and only have my survey points pending at the moment. Still not sure what to spend my last 800+ on...

[quote name='LordVila']This months August promo must be glitched. The only thing I have bought this month so far that could possibly count was 800 points worth of Pinball Arcade DLC and I have already received credit for the promo.

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll buy something now for 800 and see if I can't get the pending points to hit, and if they don't I'll get something else before the end of the month.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My point was that outside of Battlefield 1943, Monday Night Combat was the only other shooter that had a good-sized community that lasted for long enough to be worth the money. Most just die within the first week because they either have no established name or no promotion. I don't know what Darklight is.

Monday Night Combat had a lot of server issues for me throughout the entire time I played it.[/QUOTE]

I meant Blacklight: Tango Down, my bad. From what Cheapy says the sequel on PC is pretty awesome.

I'm surprised Super Monday Night Combat is doing so poorly on PC. I figured that game would really take off in popularity.

[quote name='sicsonic']Well yeah it's kind of dead, but I respect that they took a chance to remake the PC version into the XBLA version. XBLA just isn't a good platform for online shooters not named BF1943. I really hope C-S:GO lives awhile.[/QUOTE]

Counter Strike on the original XBox despite not allowing any modification and having like a whopping 12 or so maps was one of the most played games on Live (I use to play it here and there in fact. It was a hit with system link parties back in the day) so I'm sure the 360 version will be well received.

[quote name='sicsonic']Well yeah it's kind of dead, but I respect that they took a chance to remake the PC version into the XBLA version. XBLA just isn't a good platform for online shooters not named BF1943. I really hope C-S:GO lives awhile.[/QUOTE]

You overlooked Gotham city imposters. I thought it was very enjoyable and it still has an active online community.

[quote name='sicsonic']I think WayForward did pretty good on Contra 4, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

Aliens Infestation was a fun but short DS game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'm surprised Super Monday Night Combat is doing so poorly on PC. I figured that game would really take off in popularity.[/QUOTE]

The problem is they changed way too much in the sequel. It doesn't even feel like a MNC game anymore.

The health bars are absurdly long, so it now takes forever to kill anyone. Turret building is removed from the game. Now all the turrets spawn automatically and they can't be upgraded or changed. You can't even shoot at turrets unless your bots take down the shield first.

Basically, they tried to make the game more "noob friendly" and ruined it in the process.

[quote name='sicsonic']I think WayForward did pretty good on Contra 4, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

What about Batman: The Brave and the Bold?!? I thought that was well done. A Boy and His Blob on Wii was fantastic as well (although not a beat'em up)

[quote name='LordVila']This months August promo must be glitched. The only thing I have bought this month so far that could possibly count was 800 points worth of Pinball Arcade DLC and I have already received credit for the promo.[/QUOTE]
same here. only spent 800msp so far on pinball arcade dlc 1&2 but 240msp reward already listed in pending column.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Counter Strike on the original XBox despite not allowing any modification and having like a whopping 12 or so maps was one of the most played games on Live (I use to play it here and there in fact. It was a hit with system link parties back in the day) so I'm sure the 360 version will be well received.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. Besides the PC versions of course, I also played it back on the original Xbox on Xbox Live when online multiplayer over Live had just been introduced. It was actually a fun community back in the day, the port might not have been the greatest but there were cool dudes on there playing that, before the CoD era.

[quote name='Rollobobo']What about Batman: The Brave and the Bold?!? I thought that was well done.[/QUOTE]

Was that a DS game? I'll have to check it out if it's a decent beat-em-up.

[quote name='Rollobobo']What about Batman: The Brave and the Bold?!? I thought that was well done. A Boy and His Blob on Wii was fantastic as well (although not a beat'em up)[/QUOTE]

Yeah! The number of duds Wayforward has done (which arguably includes Bloodrayne XBLA and Contra 4) are outweighed by their successes.

[quote name='wEEman33']Basically, they tried to make the game more "noob friendly" and ruined it in the process.[/QUOTE]

What a shame. I was really hoping the sequel would eventually come to XBLA but that is unlikely if it is doing so poorly. Maybe they will try to grab some console cash on its way out?

Along with 1943 MNC was the only XBLA multiplayer shooter I enjoyed. The turret system was great, along with the combination of human players and bots. Great classes and a lot of co-op gameplay with a fun art style.

I agree that, unless there is a good single player mode (like Section 8) there isn't much reason or hope in picking up these shooters even a month after release.

Same situation. The exact same. The only things I have bought this month were Pinball Arcade and Amalur DLC.

[quote name='Sath666']Few reductions:

Adventures of Shuggy 400msp (previously 800msp)

Xotic 400msp (previously 800msp)

I guess it's time to finally buy Shuggy.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really enjoy the 5 minutes I played of Shuggy. But for 400 msps I guess I can learn to like it. :)

[quote name='ooga']I didn't really enjoy the 5 minutes I played of Shuggy. But for 400 msps I guess I can learn to like it. :)[/QUOTE]

Tbh i didn't liked the trial too much, but as you said - for 400msp can't say no lol.

Adventures of Shuggy is a steal at 400 points. Surprised Microsoft didn't highlight this. This is a great grab for any CAGs who have been PAINFULLY waiting for a good DOTW.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Adventures of Shuggy is a steal at 400 points. Surprised Microsoft didn't highlight this. This is a great grab for any CAGs who have been PAINFULLY waiting for a good DOTW.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Shuggy is awesome. Well worth 400msp, I paid full price last Summer for it and really enjoyed it!

I'll buy Xotic if it ever hits 200.

[quote name='sicsonic']Was that a DS game? I'll have to check it out if it's a decent beat-em-up.[/QUOTE]

It's also available on the Wii.

[quote name='ooga']I see the trend of pricing games @ 1200 MSPs is back again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yup it appears so. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Not surprised by it considering inflation is going up in general. 1200 is the new 800.

[quote name='vlv723']Not surprised by it considering inflation is going up in general. 1200 is the new 800.[/QUOTE]

The Fez pricing fiasco got my hopes up that Xbox had seen the light of 800msp games. Clearly that wasn't the case.

I wasn't going to originally get it, since I haven't played the game yet, but I felt a strong urge to get the Amalur DLC. I own the game, maybe I'll play it sometime. Also, after like 3 years of waiting for a price drop or sale that will never happen, I finally bought the Warriors Street Brawl. I don't care if it's mediocre, I am a huge Warriors fan and just decided I should own this. I was shocked when playing an online co-op game with a buddy who also bought it, that two other people randomly joined us for games. I didn't think anyone else owned this.

Considering Sega loves doing sales/deals, I'm sure Hell Yeah will drop to $10 soon enough. I'm sure the y'll do sales for their upcoming re-releases as well (Sonic Adventure 2, JSR, & Nights), though I'll probably only get JSR on sale when it's on PSN so I can get it on Vita for on the go.

[quote name='mightymek']Also, after like 3 years of waiting for a price drop or sale that will never happen, I finally bought the Warriors Street Brawl. I don't care if it's mediocre, I am a huge Warriors fan and just decided I should own this. I was shocked when playing an online co-op game with a buddy who also bought it, that two other people randomly joined us for games. I didn't think anyone else owned this.[/QUOTE]

Not surprised you'd think that based on the screen shots. man that's one ugly game.
hat reminds me I still have the original Xbox's Warriors game still shrinkwrapped. I may have to open that one up one of these days.

[quote name='ooga']Not surprised you'd think that based on the screen shots. man that's one ugly game.
hat reminds me I still have the original Xbox's Warriors game still shrinkwrapped. I may have to open that one up one of these days.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you already know this, but it's not backwards compatible on :360:.

Seeing as they're already pricing out XBLA games at 1600 (Minecraft, JoJo), it probably won't be long before 1200 seems like a deal.

[quote name='mightymek']I finally bought the Warriors Street Brawl. I don't care if it's mediocre, I am a huge Warriors fan and just decided I should own this. I was shocked when playing an online co-op game with a buddy who also bought it, that two other people randomly joined us for games. I didn't think anyone else owned this.[/QUOTE]

I am also a huge Warriors fan, but stayed away from SB after reading the reviews and playing the demo. Now I'm wondering if I should give it another shot. A Warriors beat-'em-up should have been the best game ever, and even if it isn't I'm probably enough of a fan to enjoy this.

The Xbox/PS2 game is awesome, too bad the Xbox version isn't b/c. :cry:

[quote name='Turbojugend']Seeing as they're already pricing out XBLA games at 1600 (Minecraft, JoJo), it probably won't be long before 1200 seems like a deal.

I am also a huge Warriors fan, but stayed away from SB after reading the reviews and playing the demo. Now I'm wondering if I should give it another shot. A Warriors beat-'em-up should have been the best game ever, and even if it isn't I'm probably enough of a fan to enjoy this.

The Xbox/PS2 game is awesome, too bad the Xbox version isn't b/c. :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']Not surprised you'd think that based on the screen shots. man that's one ugly game.
hat reminds me I still have the original Xbox's Warriors game still shrinkwrapped. I may have to open that one up one of these days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I told my buddy, who is also a big Warriors fan, that this game is just fan service. The company made a very mediocre game that has a coat of Warriors paint on it. But that coat of paint is what made me buy it, so they have their audience of people like me. They were probably trying to jump on the success of the Rockstar Warriors game, which is easily my favorite game of last generation...again, huge Warriors fan! if you have an original Xbox or a PS2, or even a PSP, I definitely recommend that game to anyone.

[quote name='Bosamba']I'm sure you already know this, but it's not backwards compatible on :360:.[/QUOTE]

That's why I still have my original Xbox. :)

[quote name='mightymek']Yeah, I told my buddy, who is also a big Warriors fan, that this game is just fan service. The company made a very mediocre game that has a coat of Warriors paint on it. But that coat of paint is what made me buy it, so they have their audience of people like me. They were probably trying to jump on the success of the Rockstar Warriors game, which is easily my favorite game of last generation...again, huge Warriors fan! if you have an original Xbox or a PS2, or even a PSP, I definitely recommend that game to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Like you, I waited so long for a sale and nothing so am finally going to buy it. Got lots of points anyways and I actually did like the game based off the demo. Hope to see people still play it online though.

so i wonder if this xbox rewards promo is glitched if you specifically buy the pinball dlc or if you spend 800 (instead of 1600) points of sports related content. i have already bought that kinect sports 2 basketball challenge thing at 200 points. now i am tempted to try and find something that is 600-800 points to see if i can get the 240 back. i couldn't really find 1600 points worth of stuff, but at 800, this is much more appealing. quick, someone else try this and let me know!

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but adventures of shuggy has been cut to four hundred points. I've heard great things so I think I am going to pick it up this weekend.

Edit... Should have looked at the previous page... Old news. Forgive me, I'm on my phone.

[quote name='sp8001']Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but adventures of shuggy has been cut to four hundred points. I've heard great things so I think I am going to pick it up this weekend.

Edit... Should have looked at the previous page... Old news. Forgive me, I'm on my phone.[/QUOTE]

Is it the previous page calling to get it's news back?
Heheh just messing with you. Not trying to give you a hard time. ;)

[quote name='MSUHitman']I meant Blacklight: Tango Down, my bad. From what Cheapy says the sequel on PC is pretty awesome.

I'm surprised Super Monday Night Combat is doing so poorly on PC. I figured that game would really take off in popularity.[/QUOTE]
I tried playing it on Steam and it's more complicated than MNC in a way that doesn't make it more fun. I like MNC because it had enough MOBA elements to make the gameplay more than a generic shooter, but this much heavier on the MOBA stuff. I do plan on giving it another shot with a controller since I only played it with a mouse around the time that Giant Bomb was fixated on the game.

The menus are also a thing that confuses me, much like Blacklight Retribution, as I can't just see what non-default items I have for each character that I can equip. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than a normal Call of Duty-style game's equipment set-up, but they find ways to mess it up. Blacklight even has temporary items, which irritates me when I get level 19/20 gear for playing through the tutorial that will expire in three days.

I've moved over to Awesomenauts for my MOBA-lite fix, but I'll probably still play some more Blacklight Retribution.

I actually met a guy who had worked on Monday Night Combat, but he left the company to work at another studio once he saw the direction they were taking with Super MNC. He agreed that over-complicating the game was not the best way to get free-to-play gamers into it.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Like you, I waited so long for a sale and nothing so am finally going to buy it. Got lots of points anyways and I actually did like the game based off the demo. Hope to see people still play it online though.[/QUOTE]

Well when me and my bud played two different people entered our game at different times, and we only played for an hour...so while it wasn't a ton of options, people did still log on. Hit me up when you play and if I am able, I'll call up my bud and we'll bop all the way back to Coney! Also, the game is fun. It's a standard beat 'em up. Nothing fancy whatsoever, but it's just a good, fun game in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back