XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Outinthedark']lol waiting to deliver...[/QUOTE]
is it really so hard to believe some people have more than one account? and why do you even care? his reviews are legit and pretty in depth

[quote name='Dthib87']is it really so hard to believe some people have more than one account? and why do you even care? his reviews are legit and pretty in depth[/QUOTE]

No, no it's not but not as a viable excuse. For example the Destructoid reviewers what about 6 months or so ago.

I don't care particularly but I can voice my own opinion when anyone gives their two cents without fully completing the game especially when it's simply "Wait for a cheaper price". I wouldn't ask or give advice on something I've half read, fell asleep watching or not completed to it's fullest extent.

[quote name='Sath666']Crysis deal is US only. It's stupid, i know...[/QUOTE]

actually australia get the crysis sale also. if australia gets it i cant see why it would not be on sale everywhere, we usually miss out on all the sales here in australia.

[quote name='Outinthedark']No, no it's not but not as a viable excuse. For example the Destructoid reviewers what about 6 months or so ago.

I don't care particularly but I can voice my own opinion when anyone gives their two cents without fully completing the game especially when it's simply "Wait for a cheaper price". I wouldn't ask or give advice on something I've half read, fell asleep watching or not completed to it's fullest extent.[/QUOTE]

If he's willing to provide the second GamerTag used, I can verify it as I captured the entirety of the leaderboards on video when I was reviewing it. From reading the review, it doesn't really sound like he did, since some of the problems, especially in regards to voice-work, fix themselves the further you go (but I have no clue as to if he did or not, that's just speculation.. just leaves the question of why you would play a game on a secondary tag first? That makes little to no sense, but maybe there is a reason?).

I do think he's quite harsh on the game in the review, especially since he's giving it praise throughout the review for certain aspects, but that's what reviews are for. Not everyone is going to agree on everything, and he's not forcing anyone to read it either.

Dust is too linear to be considered a true metroidvania. If you go in expecting Super Metroid or Shadow Complex, you will no doubt be disappointed. It is however a very solid 2D action/beatem up with tight controls and a fairly satisfying combat system. If you enjoyed Shank or The Dishwasher games, you will feel right at home. The RPG/item drops/crafting elements are very light, but do enough to keep things fresh as you progress. I will say that I don't care much for the art style or story. A lot of reviewers have gushed over the graphics, but to me it gives off the vibe of a C-tier 80/90's era animated flick. Dialogue can be cringe worthy and it tends to drag on longer than it should at times. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the game though so maybe I will change my mind by the end. It's definitely the strongest title this SoA, but that's not really saying a whole lot this year...

[quote name='tylerh1701']:applause: Haha definitely laughed out loud at that one![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sup with the WP7 deals though? I was already used to spending about $3 every wednesday, now my wallet is just getting fatter and my phone is saving memory :bouncy:

I wish capcom would bring the Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection over to 360 though. Noticed it was exclusive to ps3, damn. Oh and the original Dust game sucked, so i'll wait it out until this sequel goes on sale. FTW!

[quote name='intoxicated662']Thanks. Sup with the WP7 deals though? I was already used to spending about $3 every wednesday, now my wallet is just getting fatter and my phone is saving memory :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yup, me too. Plus, with the achievement syncing issues, I haven't played a WP7 Xbox Live game in quite a while.

I know this isn't the right place, but if MS doesn't have any desire to at least keep their marketplace competitive with Apple and Android, I don't even know if I'll bother picking up another WP next year when my contract is up.

[quote name='Crono-00']Darn, I signed onto this (and the MS Point and Gold) thread late and I missed out on discount Microsoft Points. It appears to me they are all out now on their website. I'm running low to cover the cost when some of the more recent XBLA titles hit a sale and all the upcoming XBLA titles I am hotly anticipating:
Jet Set Radio
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
NiGHTS: Into Dreams
Retro City Rampage
Mercenary Kings
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Not to mention all the titles you guys bring to my attention. Good thing I will have time (cus I will not pay 1600MSP for Jojo's for example) to wait out on sales, but I don't find many deals on Microsoft Points that often =(.[/QUOTE]

Looks like crazygametime restocked their points and xbl and are in stock atm.

[quote name='TrinityQiTrance']EA's BURNOUT REVENGE SERVERS ARE STILL UP!!
I've had friends of mine check both weeks ago & even LAST NIGHT & they were able to play online.
It's true EA shut them down on April 13th, but after a huge backlash including a Facebook petition, they went back up May 1st.

http://www.burnoutaholics.com/[/QUOTE]

I thought they had been shut down. This is great, time to pull it out BR out of my backlog.

DOTW page update (no prices yet). Faery: Legend of Avalon, Skydrift +DLC, Deadblock + DLC, and T lNT Racers are what is listed.

I bought Faery a couple of years ago when it was on sale and never played it past the demo......

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']DOTW page update (no prices yet). Faery: Legend of Avalon, Skydrift +DLC, Deadblock + DLC, and T lNT Racers are what is listed.

I bought Faery a couple of years ago when it was on sale and never played it past the demo......[/QUOTE]

You missed Crazy Machines Elements

Hopefully all this stuff is 50%... probably still pass

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I heard deadblock is a good tower defense game. Its been. A game that's been on my radar.[/QUOTE]
You've checked reviews on it, right? :)

OP was hand-edited to add the games, with point values left as guesses somewhere between 50%-66% of the regular price. Should be a snap to refresh once the deals are live, and hopefully XBLDB or the Major will let us know about some more. :)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']XBLD.com picked up Star Wars Force Unleashed II for $10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for heads up. I always forgot to check XBLD.
Bought this and MGS HD collection, which was released today on GoD. :)

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']You missed Crazy Machines Elements

Hopefully all this stuff is 50%... probably still pass[/QUOTE]

I know Crazy Machines is.

Just bought it for 400 points.

[quote name='Sath666']Thanks for heads up. I always forgot to check XBLD.
Bought this and MGS HD collection, which was released today on GoD. :)[/QUOTE]

Is it all 3 games or just MGS2 and 3?

Star Wars Force Unleashed II does not look like it is region locked. downloading it on my us account now, and it is not even listed on my main australia gamertag.

weird how i can get this when it is not even on the marketplace for my country but i could not get the resident evil which is everywhere and it blocked when i tryed to get the cheap price on the us gamertag.

would it be better to play the first starwars game or does not really matter?

Check out SkyDrift, skip everything else. Come to think of it, wasn't SkyDrift 800 on S&S+ only two or three weeks ago? Wow, people who bought it then are gonna be pissed!

At least they're putting not just games but the DLC for those games on sale as well, we don't see that enough.

[quote name='xbox_man']would it be better to play the first starwars game or does not really matter?[/QUOTE]
Ummmm, not required to play the first. However, I must warn you that I particularly enjoyed SW: FU and FU2 is a massive turd. Set your expectations low. IMO, it's not even worth $10. The lead director for the game left mid-way through development and you can tell that the quality is not even up to par with the first game. Not as much enemy variety, repeat levels, lazy story, etc. The story is such a mind fuck, it makes no sense.

Make sure you buy the DLC which is only a $1. Hell, I thought the dlc was better than the entire main story :)

[quote name='w00dm4n']Is it all 3 games or just MGS2 and 3?[/QUOTE]

MGS2 and 3. It's fine for me, since i don't want Peace Walker.

Sales & Specials+ deals:

Scratch & Win: Bomberman (not sure if Live or Battlefest)
Loser deals: Bomberman Live 1/2 off, Bomberman Battlefest 1/2 off, Bomberman Live Bomb-Up Pack 2 80 MSP (120 instead of 200)

Major Nelson just updated his blog. Looks like it's Assassin's Creed Revelations stuff next week along with a Rockstar publisher sale. Kinect discounts are Froza 4 pack this week and the Gunstringer's Merican Adventure pack next week, all for 50% off

Xbox LIVE Arcade Release DateMS Points
Counter Strike: Global Offensive22-Aug1200
JOJO’s Bizarre Adventure HD22-Aug1600
Rock Band Blitz29-Aug1200

Add-onsRelease DateMS Points
Mass Effect 3: Leviathan28-Aug800

Deal of the WeekDiscount DatesPrice
TNT Racers21-Aug to 27-Aug400 (50% off)
Faery600 (50% off)
Crazy Machine Elements400 (50% off)
Dead Block400 (50% off)
Dead Block – More Dead to Block Map Pack120 (50% off)
Skydrift600 (50% off)
Skydrift – Extreme Fighters Pack80 (50% off)
Skydrift – Gladiator Pack200 (50% off)

Ubisoft28-Aug to 3-Sept
Assassin’s Creed Revelations Ancestors Character Pack160 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations The Lost Archive400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – Codex120 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – Eagle120 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – Piece of Eden120 (50% off)

Special SalesDiscount DatesPrice
Kinect Central- Forza Motorsport 4 May TopGear Car Pack21-Aug to 27-Aug280 (50% off)
Kinect Central – The Gunstringer: El Diablo’s ‘Merican Adventure28-Aug to 3-Sept120 (50% off)
Rockstar Publisher Sale28-Aug to 3-SeptUp to 50% off

Games on DemandRelease Date
Left 4 Dead21-Aug
Ratatouille21-Aug
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City21-Aug
Metal Gear Solid HD21-Aug

Looks like red dead, la noire, and gta dlc will be on sale AGAIN, maybe they'll throw in some max payne 3 stuff. Microsoft has been on a slump. Guess its just scott dlc and dead block.

Oh cool, one of the DLC for Gunstringer will be on sale. Think I'll pick that up next week. Wish the other one went on sale as well. Really need to get back to that game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Looks like red dead, la noire, and gta dlc will be on sale AGAIN, maybe they'll throw in some max payne 3 stuff. Microsoft has been on a slump. Guess its just scott dlc and dead block.[/QUOTE]

not sure how much of a slump when we get dlc for 3 big games on sale for the first time in the last 4 weeks. If you are interested in xbl games then yes but KoA, SR3, and AC:Rev dlc sales are pretty darn good.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Looks like red dead, la noire, and gta dlc will be on sale AGAIN, maybe they'll throw in some max payne 3 stuff. Microsoft has been on a slump. Guess its just scott dlc and dead block.[/QUOTE]
I don't get how Microsoft's in a slump when they release several arcade games at a discount(which haven't been on sale before, for the most part) and some of those games get their dlc discounted too. Then you got the weekly Kinect deals which haven't been on sale before. Throw in next week's AC Revelations stuff which hasn't been on sale before......and you still get people complaining about one thing. Can't make em all happy. It's the internet :drool:

Amular stuff two weeks ago, SR3 stuff for the first time last week, this week is a bunch of stuff never/rarely discounted before AND their dlc discounted as well, next week is a bunch of ACR stuff on its first sale and a forza pack. Plus everything is 50% off and not some 33% junk. Sure the rock star stuff is old news unless MP3 is included, but I'd say this is better than usual.

[quote name='Dustinator']I don't get how Microsoft's in a slump when they release several arcade games at a discount(which haven't been on sale before, for the most part) and some of those games get their dlc discounted too. Then you got the weekly Kinect deals which haven't been on sale before. Throw in next week's AC Revelations stuff which hasn't been on sale before......and you still get people complaining about one thing. Can't make em all happy. It's the internet :drool:[/QUOTE]

Your damn right skippy! Nah but to me they've been in a slump, arcade wise. I dont own ACR, KOA, and I recently traded for the SR3 season pass so none of that mattered for me. As for the rest, I guess they have done better. Putting Code Veronica on sale, and today with STFU II.

[quote name='Zonic505']Oh cool, one of the DLC for Gunstringer will be on sale. Think I'll pick that up next week. Wish the other one went on sale as well. Really need to get back to that game.[/QUOTE]
The other one(Real Big Shootin' dlc) has been on sale before I believe. I have it on my HDD and I wouldn't have it, if it HADN'T been discounted before. Don't know when since I'm having trouble searching on XBLD(it's too early man).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Your damn right skippy! Nah but to me they've been in a slump, arcade wise. I dont own ACR, KOA, and I recently traded for the SR3 season pass so none of that mattered for me. As for the rest, I guess they have done better. Putting Code Veronica on sale, and today with STFU II.[/QUOTE]
Microsoft does get all corporaty(not a word, I know) when they have Summer of Arcade or some arcade-fest going on. Nothing worthwhile(for the most part) gets discounted. More than half the stuff is repeat deals and the new stuff is like 25-33% discounted.

These next few weeks are very welcoming to me however

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Too early and I gotta get ready for work now

why doesnt mgs hd games on demand version not include peace walker? I dont get it, they take it out and are going to sell it individually next week? da fuq?

[quote name='Dthib87']why doesnt mgs hd games on demand version not include peace walker? I dont get it, they take it out and are going to sell it individually next week? da fuq?[/QUOTE]

When you buy the retail version, there are two separate achievement lists: one for MGS2 and 3, and one for Peace Walker. I'd assume that releasing them this way is to be consistent with that.

Looks like I will finally spent some MSP again on this stuff...maybe there will be rockstar content I don't own yet but I doubt it...

TNT Racers21-Aug to 27-Aug400 (50% off)
Crazy Machine Elements400 (50% off)
Dead Block400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations The Lost Archive 400 (50% off)

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah I'll be buying the asscreed DLC too I think I just need the game. D=[/QUOTE]

im going to get the single player dlc. you missed the bestbuy blowout for it =[. was priced at $10.

[quote name='Dthib87']im going to get the single player dlc. you missed the bestbuy blowout for it =[. was priced at $10.[/QUOTE]
I bought it from amazon for $10 when it went on sale but they never sent it to me after 2 weeks of waiting I just cancelled. :cry:

btw gotta love the spurs -- lakers get nash, dwight. Spurs stick with the same crew. =/

Interested in Dead Block, but never really heard much about TNT Racers and Crazy Machine Elements? I'm interested at 400, but does anyone have any opinions on them?

[quote name='GUNNM']I bought it from amazon for $10 when it went on sale but they never sent it to me after 2 weeks of waiting I just cancelled. :cry:

btw gotta love the spurs -- lakers get nash, dwight. Spurs stick with the same crew. =/[/QUOTE]

haha spurs king of tanking. now they have one of best squads ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back