XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the Double Fine games, I never got around to finishing Stacking. It's pretty fun (for real!), but the atmosphere doesn't mesh with my preferences, and I think that's what pushed me away. So to have bought it at 1200 and see it on sale at 300 is a self-induced slap in the face.

Sometimes I think this all strategy from MS giving poor deals for monts and months and then they make huge sale so people will buy EVERYTHING! Muahahaa...or something like that...probably MS is still clueless how to keep good sales coming meh

I think I'm gonna need to go down to only one disc game installed at a time very soon... my 250 is almost full with 3 on there T_T

I really like Warp...actually got 200/200 which required me to beat it about 4 times :D

EDIT: Also, @Klei is saying Mark of the Ninja will be 1200 pts. @MajorNelson has it listed at the wrong price.

Here is my obligatory warning that I post when Stacking is on sale:
Check out the demo before you buy. I (and several others) have experienced significant motion sickness while playing the game. The only other game to have this effect on me -strangely enough another DF game- was Iron brigade.

I've been waiting to pick up Alan Wake: American Nightmare! I also picked up the Metro 2033 DLC. Gonna think about the rest of the deals later in the week. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='Gabrius']I think I'm gonna need to go down to only one disc game installed at a time very soon... my 250 is almost full with 3 on there T_T[/QUOTE]

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

It's insane with all these new xbla games, which are around 2gb each. :whee:

Kinda miss the time of BC Rearmed - only around 250mb with a lot of varied levels and enemies.

[quote name='xbox_man']what does this mean?

wish i am alive could have been on sale. alan wake already been on sale a couple of times before.

looks like i am getting a few thing in htese sales.

anybody know what is in the loser games for the sales app.[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake: American Nightmare has never been on sale before, you might be thinking of the Alan Wake DLC. I Am Alive will probably go on sale in a month or two given that it came out shortly after AN. I'm waiting on that one too.

[quote name='Sath666']
i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

It's insane with all these new xbla games, which are around 2gb each. :whee:

Kinda miss the time of BC Rearmed - only around 250mb with a lot of varied levels and enemies.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO - that just made my day... thanks!

Just to get in on the bro love, I'm the same way with my 120GB. I have room for 1-2 installed games and that's it. I'm gonna have to start deleting big XBLA games that I've beaten.

I started to put some of my GoDs & older DLCs onto 16GB USB sitcks.

Filled up 4 of them before that got tiresome.

WHERE'S MY 5TB HDD MICROSOFT?!?!

incredible sale. i can't wait to sort through what i want. I own a couple, but otherwise.

definite:

alan wake
pinball fx 2 marvel
stacking

maybe:

sine mora
simpsons
joe danger
bloodforge

Sine Mora looks fantastic, but I want to steal it at 600pts. I could wait for Bloodforge to drop to 400.

Joe Danger and Simpsons seem good at 600 and 400, I'll be on the fence.

[quote name='harry hood']Joe Danger and Simpsons seem good at 600 and 400, I'll be on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Remember that Joe Danger The Movie is out soon. If you're just going to throw this one in your backlog it may not look so enticing if the sequel goes on sale before you end up playing it.

It's a really good sale. I'm trying to decide what to get......I really don't *need* anything as my gaming plate is full for the foreseeable future. But, it's been a long time since we had a good sale. I'm thinking about MK, Sonic 4 ep 2 or maybe Rayman. I'd like to get another good 2 player co-op XBLA game for my kids, but can't think of anything. I wish they would make a Costume Quest or Stacking sequel that was co-op.

And, anyone who is on the fence about Alan Wake.....get it! Any support we can get for AW is a God-send.

[quote name='louiedog']Remember that Joe Danger The Movie is out soon. If you're just going to throw this one in your backlog it may not look so enticing if the sequel goes on sale before you end up playing it.[/QUOTE]
It'll likely go in the backlog. Maybe if I wait on it, it could even drop to 400. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Simpsons dropped to 200 like X-men did once. I have great memories of that game, but a 2 hour affair tops

Grabbed Alan Wake, had been waiting for a sale on it for awhile. Considering Simpsons Arcade, but want to have points free for the Borderlands 2 season pass. Hmm...

Picked up Geo Wars 2, been waiting for a sale on that one.

Might go for the MK Kollection as well but I'll research the stability of the online servers first (MK Arcade on PSN is terrible). Maybe Stacking too.

My wallet was not ready for these sales.

Considering:

Babel Rising - Gold Price : 400 ($5.00)
Rayman 3 HD - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00)
Warp - 400 ($5.00)
The Simpsons(tm) Arcade Game - 400 ($5.00)
Joe Danger's "Showtime Content Pack" DLC - 120 ($1.50)
Bloodforge - 600 ($7.50)
Pinball FX2's "Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue" table - 400 ($5.00)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Episode II - 600 ($7.50)
Metro 2033's "Ranger Pack" DLC - 120 ($1.50)
3D Ultra Minigolf - 200 ($2.50)

Definitely Getting:
Sam & Max Save the World (all 6 episodes) - 800 ($10.00)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Gold Price : 600 ($7.50)

Already Have :
LIMBO
Joe Danger
Mortal Kombat Arcade
Pinball FX2's Core
Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Episode I
Stacking
Rocket Riot
Assault Heroes 1 & 2
Carcassonne
Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
Raskulls
Geometry Wars Evolved 2

For the lesser known titles like Assault Heroes, Rocket Riot, Sam & Max and Carcassonne I recommend them all but still advise playing the trial since they're not for everyone.

Both Assault Heroes games are best played co-op. My cousin and I got 200 GS on the first with practice. The second game is harder to 100%. If you don't care about achievements then it has some nice upgrades and you could go for that one over the first.

Rocket Riot is a lot of fun. The game gets difficult towards the end but it's very doable and challenging more than frustrating. I really enjoyed the online play where you can play football. Split up into teams and watch the chaos ensue. It's one of my favorite surprise games and I love the old school flavor.

Carcassonne is a great board game. You can play against bots or online. I like to play it when I want to relax and bought all the DLC with extra pieces, but it's not required at all and there are no achievements for them. Another easy 200 GS if that interests you.

Sam & Max is excellent. I love the offbeat humor and the second season was my first time playing an adventure game. I've been waiting for the first to go on sale so it's an insta-buy. I haven't played The Walking Dead games yet because I want to marathon them once all 5 episodes are out but I hear those are quite different than other TelltaleGames' games. Again, download the trial to see if it interests you. These adventure games take some different thinking to solve puzzles but are overall easy GS. Plus I'm sure there are guides if you get stuck :)

UPDATE: I checked the sale on the console and for LA Noire it says "Check back for tomorrow's 1-day deal". Someone linked to the Xbox Twitter account that said season passes were on sale. Maybe they'll do a new one each day.

I already have the Gears of War 3, Mortal Kombat and LA Noire passes and bought the Saints Row The Third DLC on sale. I'm hoping for the Max Payne 3 pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Assault Heros 2 and Stacking. How is 3D Ultra Minigolf? I can't believe I am adding onto my XBLA backlog.

I think I just did my dumbest thing as a CAG. Yesterday, I bought Midnight Club GoD, then saw the South Central add on on sale for 480 points and bought it. Did I actually waste 480 points? I thought I just saw that MC was the complete edition!

[quote name='darrenaero']I think I just did my dumbest thing as a CAG. Yesterday, I bought Midnight Club GoD, then saw the South Central add on on sale for 480 points and bought it. Did I actually waste 480 points? I thought I just saw that MC was the complete edition![/QUOTE]

Lol, yes, you did. The only edition I've seen in retailers is also the complete edition.

Also, I think it's really funny that they put the LA Noire Rockstar pass on sale the day after a week of all the content being on sale individually.

On-topic: I edited the main wiki post with some further details and did some clean-up on the expired deals. I'd put links to the actual content but that's a level of forum posting expertise that I have not yet mastered.

[quote name='darrenaero']I think I just did my dumbest thing as a CAG. Yesterday, I bought Midnight Club GoD, then saw the South Central add on on sale for 480 points and bought it. Did I actually waste 480 points? I thought I just saw that MC was the complete edition![/QUOTE]

It's possible you can get a refund but you must call them, an email won't work.

I guess this makes up for the past weeks (maybe even month-s- of lacking sales) sales and hope everyone gets in on this while they can, no complaints after next week! Lots of things to purchase and my poor HD is taking a beating. 320gb is down to 9.4gb and counting.

Picked up the Guitar Hero songs and noticed something that isn't mentioned in the OP as part of the sale while in the Shop menu of GH: Warriors Of Rock-->Modern Rock Mega Pack is 660 MSP

Not sure if it's part of the sale or not, but have at it. 9 songs for $8.25

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Rock-Mega-Pack/e0137fd7-4218-4ba5-a114-3d62317412ba

Downloadable Track Pack featuring Saliva/'Always', Queens Of The Stone Age/'Little Sister', Puddle Of Mudd/'Psycho', Brand New/'Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades', Trapt/'Headstrong', Jet/'She's A Genius', Snow Patrol/'Hands Open', Bad Religion/'Sorrow', and Muse/'Supermassive Black Hole'.

I'm considering picking up one of the Sam and max seasons, is there one that you all recommend more between the two?

Bought Rocket Riot, great fun for $2.50.

Warp didn't do it for me, seemed a little too simplistic. Tried Rayman and I've never played any Rayman game before but it didn't really gel with me, seemed like it was clunky, especially trying to curve punches around things and the collection was meh. Is there something I'm missing, should I give it more of a chance?

[quote name='WTPolaris']I'm considering picking up one of the Sam and max seasons, is there one that you all recommend more between the two?

Bought Rocket Riot, great fun for $2.50.

Warp didn't do it for me, seemed a little too simplistic. Tried Rayman and I've never played any Rayman game before but it didn't really gel with me, seemed like it was clunky, especially trying to curve punches around things and the collection was meh. Is there something I'm missing, should I give it more of a chance?[/QUOTE]

give it more of a chance, for a Rayman game it's worth the $5. Only thing I can think of that bothers me about that game is the camera angle view but i'd still recommend it.

[quote name='sonnyforple']It's possible you can get a refund but you must call them, an email won't work.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. On hold now. Not optimistic.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I guess this makes up for the past weeks (maybe even month-s- of lacking sales) sales and hope everyone gets in on this while they can, no complaints after next week! Lots of things to purchase and my poor HD is taking a beating. 320gb is down to 9.4gb and counting.

Picked up the Guitar Hero songs and noticed something that isn't mentioned in the OP as part of the sale while in the Shop menu of GH: Warriors Of Rock-->Modern Rock Mega Pack is 660 MSP

Not sure if it's part of the sale or not, but have at it. 9 songs for $8.25

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Rock-Mega-Pack/e0137fd7-4218-4ba5-a114-3d62317412ba

Downloadable Track Pack featuring Saliva/'Always', Queens Of The Stone Age/'Little Sister', Puddle Of Mudd/'Psycho', Brand New/'Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades', Trapt/'Headstrong', Jet/'She's A Genius', Snow Patrol/'Hands Open', Bad Religion/'Sorrow', and Muse/'Supermassive Black Hole'.[/QUOTE]

I stand correct, might wanna add this to the OP. This is indeed on sale, unknown time for this so get it while you can if you are interested in this for 660 MSP (that's after the 50% discount)

http://xbldb.com/offers/003-1b1 and http://xbldb.com/games/000-098 both show it's original price of 1320 MSP.

This was probably asked before, but does the Season Pass for La Noire have all the extras that the Complete Edition has and if I buy the Complete Edition, can I download the DLC to my console and just swap for the vanilla later on?

I know this week is awesome but next week is seriously the damn popcap sale AGAIN!? How many times will they go to that particular well??

Nice, good sale this week! Been waiting for a sale on American Nightmare, will pick it up now. Out of the other stuff, I already own anything else I would want, and I'm saving the rest of my points for Mark of the Ninja on Friday anyways :)

My recommendations for games to pick up would be Warp for $5 (quite an enjoyable puzzler) and Sine Mora. Shmups can be hit or miss for me, but Sine Mora has just the right amount of difficulty, the art style is excellent, and I really really enjoyed the story, which is crazy, given the genre of the game. It's an (initially) confusing story because of the time travel element, and bleak as hell, but it comes together really well.

[quote name='mer71']I picked up Assault Heros 2 and Stacking. How is 3D Ultra Minigolf? I can't believe I am adding onto my XBLA backlog.[/QUOTE]

mini golf is well worth 200 pts.

I picked up Stacking and Assault Heroes 2.

I had quite a few games that they offered already, the only other one I was considering was Warp. Anyone have any insight or recommendations on Warp? It seems like it could be quite repetitive.

I will give my seal of approval on Rock of Ages....fun, zany game that is worth the price of admission alone. Rocket Riot is a blast as well, but I am sure most CAGs are buying simply because of the 200msp price.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Lol, yes, you did. The only edition I've seen in retailers is also the complete edition.

Also, I think it's really funny that they put the LA Noire Rockstar pass on sale the day after a week of all the content being on sale individually.

On-topic: I edited the main wiki post with some further details and did some clean-up on the expired deals. I'd put links to the actual content but that's a level of forum posting expertise that I have not yet mastered.[/QUOTE]

Quickest way is to goto http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-decreases.

Click Show sharable summory button.

Click Show bb code and copy and paste what pops up in that box below.

Also I believe spylon wants us to leave the link to the site up.

[quote name='nadohawk']This was probably asked before, but does the Season Pass for La Noire have all the extras that the Complete Edition has and if I buy the Complete Edition, can I download the DLC to my console and just swap for the vanilla later on?[/QUOTE]

i also have the complete edition that i bought for my brother and the standard for myself.
i was just going to do like you said, put the dlc on my xbox just like what you do with borderlands game of year.
but with la noire complete you cant do that i found out as the dls is not on a disc it is mixed into the game and the game is a 4 or 5 disc game with the dlc through out it.
that is why i bought the dlc on sale and am now pissed that season pass is on sale directly after dlc on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back