XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cornelius']No problem, just updated the OP with that. Also fixed some info about the S&S+ app, and added a few "xbldb" links ... since I'm not doing much else today except spending the last few hours with my cat before we take her to the vet for the LAST time. :cry:

CORRECTION: The previous link was to BF3's shortcut pack. The BF2BC's shortcut pack is 1200 MSP, so yes, it will be FREE. I'll fix the OP again.[/QUOTE]

I want to take the time to express my condolences.

Neon's soundtrack seemed great so I will take advantage of that bandcamp deal. Thanks.

Capcom Digital Collection has a nice batch of games but it has the awful BCR2 rather than the good BCR1. Other than that awful omission, I already own every game on that disk I could want except for Rocketmen which I know nothing about. Final Fight DI is really the standout of the collection in my opinion.

I will agree to disagree with you all on Bloodrayne Betrayal, even apart from their stealing of the franchise, it just wasn't that good a game. I will likely be as disappointed by DD:N but I can't NOT buy a beat-em-up like this so expect to hear me whine.

Oh and Shank 2 is outstanding along with Mark of the Ninja.

Yep, Shank 2 is da bomb.

No demo for DD:N, guess I'm holding out for reviews and positive word of mouth.

Oh, and if you're in the mood for a cheap Zelda-style dungeon crawler, check out Diehard Dungeon on the indie marketplace. Not the best game in the world but it's definitely worth a demo (and a buck).

[quote name='Sath666']DD Neon soundtrack is available here (pay what you want)- http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon[/QUOTE]Think I'll take advantage of that & donate a little. There's some awesome songs in DD:N & the guy has done some other stuff that I've really liked (I donated a few bucks to get the Mighty Switch Force songs). I'm gonna wait & beat the game to hear what the ending credits sound like, though.

I wonder how many GoD copies of Borderlands they could have sold if they marked it down to 800 points this week or the last. I know I would have re-visited Pandora if they did.

[quote name='ZForce915']I wonder how many GoD copies of Borderlands they could have sold if they marked it down to 800 points this week or the last. I know I would have re-visited Pandora if they did.[/QUOTE]

They had it for like 12 or 13 bucks not too long ago when they had the large GOD promotion with a bunch of titles ranging from $5 to $15. I picked it up then even though I still own my original vanilla disc and the GOTY disc, haha. I really do adore this franchise. Its fantastic being able to load it up on a whim for a shoot & loot fix.

Warp is a pretty good game for $5. Got all the achievements finally, but it took a a bit longer than anticipated due to multiple playthroughs.

[quote name='Turbojugend']No demo for DD:N, guess I'm holding out for reviews and positive word of mouth.[/QUOTE]

It's up now, at least on the website. I added DD:N & Shank 2 to my queue. DD:N is 2.24GB!

They would have to up the DD:N demo after I leave for work. :wall:

Oh well, I hope it's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAiNiACprime']They had it for like 12 or 13 bucks not too long ago when they had the large GOD promotion with a bunch of titles ranging from $5 to $15. I picked it up then even though I still own my original vanilla disc and the GOTY disc, haha. I really do adore this franchise. Its fantastic being able to load it up on a whim for a shoot & loot fix.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I picked it up during the same sale. Sold off my vanilla copy to have this straight from my hdd.

[quote name='killer9']no they will put ur points in the negative they will get them back[/QUOTE]

False. This exact same thing happened last year with rewards points being incorrectly multiplied by 4. All the people who spent their points right away got free games while the rest of us suckers had the points taken away. Never again! Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for the offer this time around...

[quote name='crookshow']False. This exact same thing happened last year with rewards points being incorrectly multiplied by 4. All the people who spent their points right away got free games while the rest of us suckers had the points taken away. Never again! Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for the offer this time around...[/QUOTE]
This is correct. Last year when this happened and I got the 800 points, I spent them right away on outland and never had my account go to the negative. I got the 1600 points this year and spent those right away also, my account is still sitting at the 160 msp I had left. MS will NOT put our accounts into the negative.

Damn, I'm glad I read this thread. I noticed I had about 1,200 points too many last night and didn't think anything of it. I read this thread and then my memory of what happened last year was suddenly jogged. I downloaded Mark of the Ninja, which I was going to get anyway, so that's a nice little score for me. That's two years in a row they did the exact same thing.

I only have 42 points left now. Go ahead and take 'em, MS!

Just want to warn people that when you start DD:Neon, you immediately unlock an achievement for 1GS after pressing Start. I got a review copy, and almost stopped the review right there because it pissed me off so much. However, it actually ended up fixing my GamerScore, so I let it slide (just a warning to those who are obsessed with 0's and 5's being in the end of their scores).

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I only have 42 points left now. Go ahead and take 'em, MS![/QUOTE]

42! Such an strange amount. I have 50, so I am thinking I will always have 10 points I can never spend.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Just want to warn people that when you start DD:Neon, you immediately unlock an achievement for 1GS after pressing Start. I got a review copy, and almost stopped the review right there because it pissed me off so much. However, it actually ended up fixing my GamerScore, so I let it slide (just a warning to those who are obsessed with 0's and 5's being in the end of their scores).[/QUOTE]
I'll never understand why this bothers some people.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Just want to warn people that when you start DD:Neon, you immediately unlock an achievement for 1GS after pressing Start. I got a review copy, and almost stopped the review right there because it pissed me off so much. However, it actually ended up fixing my GamerScore, so I let it slide (just a warning to those who are obsessed with 0's and 5's being in the end of their scores).[/QUOTE]

You can get help for that problem. It's a little expensive, but you'll be happier in the long run. ~ ~

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'll never understand why this bothers some people.[/QUOTE]

You're probably not as OCD as some of us. Thanks for the warning! It definitely bothers me if my score is not 5 or 0.

Updated the list in my sig, if anyone is interested.

I'd rather be on a 0-5 pace with my gamerscore, but it doesn't bug me if I'm not (like I am now).

How many days did it take for MS to take the points back from those accounts that still had excess points available ? I'm also one of the many people that got 1,600 points added. (Although I'm already supposed to get 400pts from the SOA promotion & 240pts from last month's sports promo = 640 total)
I would go on a shopping spree to use the extra points THEY gave, but I just purchased an extra 4000pts a few days ago, and I don't want them debiting my account from those.
It's a pretty bad practice, (if you ask me), from a well known, multi billion dollar company to go back and take away points from people's accounts. (ESPECIALLY since they made the same mistake last year, and apparently didn't fix whatever they were supposed to !) :shame:
I kinda like to think of it as if you're at a store, and you pick up an item from the shelf based on the price that's marked on it, and then you go to the register and it rings up a higher price. The store should honor the mistake in the customer's favor.
OR think of it like the airline "EL AL" who had a glitch on their web site last month, and offered people a fare of $350 on roundtrip flights from New York to Tel Aviv. They honored their mistake.

** If they take all 1600 points back, who do people contact to get the either 400 (from SOA), 240 (from August XBL Rewards promo), OR BOTH amounts put back in their accounts ?! (PUH-LEASE don't say writing the support forum on the xbox website !):headache: Surely there's a phone #.

[quote name='Tarheel76']How many days did it take for MS to take the points back from those accounts that still had excess points available ? I'm also one of the many people that got 1,600 points added. (Although I'm already supposed to get 400pts from the SOA promotion & 240pts from last month's sports promo = 640 total)
I would go on a shopping spree to use the extra points THEY gave, but I just purchased an extra 4000pts a few days ago, and I don't want them debiting my account from those.
It's a pretty bad practice, (if you ask me), from a well known, multi billion dollar company to go back and take away points from people's accounts. (ESPECIALLY since they made the same mistake last year, and apparently didn't fix whatever they were supposed to !) :shame:
I kinda like to think of it as if you're at a store, and you pick up an item from the shelf based on the price that's marked on it, and then you go to the register and it rings up a higher price. The store should honor the mistake in the customer's favor.
OR think of it like the airline "EL AL" who had a glitch on their web site last month, and offered people a fare of $350 on roundtrip flights from New York to Tel Aviv. They honored their mistake.

** If they take all 1600 points back, who do people contact to get the either 400 (from SOA), 240 (from August XBL Rewards promo), OR BOTH amounts put back in their accounts ?! (PUH-LEASE don't say writing the support forum on the xbox website !):headache: Surely there's a phone #.[/QUOTE]

I think it's such a bad practice of a multi-billion dollar company to be giving away free money. Sure, mistakes happen once in a while, but random points showing up in people's accounts happens all the time. Microsoft is so tight with their points structure and pricing on games, to be giving away points is just moronic and should be unacceptable. I've never heard of PSN crediting people money incorrectly.

I'm happy for all the people who got the free money (I'd spend them in a second if I actually got them) but I just wonder WTF Microsoft is doing for this to happen so frequently...

Btw tyler I really am digging bloodforge. I love using his huge sword and just roaming the snow plain looking for some shit to destroy.

[quote name='Turbojugend']

No demo for DD:N, guess I'm holding out for reviews and positive word of mouth.

[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying Double Dragon: Neon so far. It's a pretty good old school beat 'em up. I like it more than Scott Pilgrim which was supposed to be something similar. I might be bias since I really loved playing it on the NES and in the arcades.

Those with odd achiev scores, play civilization. It has some quickly popping, odd numbered achievs to get your score back on track. I'm not super ocd about my weird score now, but it would be nice to have it back to 5/0.

[quote name='eastx']You can get help for that problem. It's a little expensive, but you'll be happier in the long run. ~ ~[/QUOTE]

I don't have that problem anymore, I used to, it's a form of OCD. I know people that go absolutely insane over that when it happens, so I figured I'd just give a warning. I stopped caring about GS / achievements when I hit 100k (and that was 64k ago).

I'm OCD enough that uneven gamerscore bothers me. If I know I will end up getting an even number (ff13-2, viking, divinity, etc.), then it's ok. It's silly, I know, but everyone has something silly about them. ;)

Unrelated to just about everything ever posted in this thread, but I never realized The UnderGarden was only 240 MSP and had achievements. And this is the regular price for it. If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D

By the way, the last time I posted I asked what I should get for 400MSP. I ended up with Raskulls. The multiplayer aspect really sold me on it. :D

[quote name='Blade']If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D[/QUOTE]

Just go there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games and click the arrows @ the price in Microsoft Points to sort the list.

According to this list, 1 more game is listed for 240 MSP, Sonic & Knuckles.

[quote name='Blade']Unrelated to just about everything ever posted in this thread, but I never realized The UnderGarden was only 240 MSP and had achievements. And this is the regular price for it. If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D

By the way, the last time I posted I asked what I should get for 400MSP. I ended up with Raskulls. The multiplayer aspect really sold me on it. :D[/QUOTE]

I found UnderGarden painfully uninteresting.

Raskulls however is fantastic, great choice.

If it's strictly Gamerscore you're after, you're probably better off scouring the used bins at your local Gamestop. You can easily find games for $2.99 (240 MSP) that will boost your score up to five times as much as the average XBLA game.

[quote name='GUNNM']Btw tyler I really am digging bloodforge. I love using his huge sword and just roaming the snow plain looking for some shit to destroy.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it. The sword is what I used the most as well, just combine with the bow and arrow to rack up the combos.

[quote name='Blade']Unrelated to just about everything ever posted in this thread, but I never realized The UnderGarden was only 240 MSP and had achievements. And this is the regular price for it. If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D

By the way, the last time I posted I asked what I should get for 400MSP. I ended up with Raskulls. The multiplayer aspect really sold me on it. :D[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you liked Raskulls, it's a really cool game.

Windows Phones are great for achievement hunting, a good amount of games for $0.99 and $2.99 with 200 gamerscore.

I'm regretting not picking up Raskulls actually. I should've known multiplayer would be fun considering how much fun I had in singleplayer.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm regretting not picking up Raskulls actually. I should've known multiplayer would be fun considering how much fun I had in singleplayer.[/QUOTE]
It's a Halfbrick game, even if I wasn't friends with them I'd still buy everything they make because they make fun stuff. Jetpack Joyride steals hours from my life weekly.

Also remember that Joe Danger 2 will be releasing this Friday

xbox are refusing to give me the msp for the spend 1600 msp promotion.
they keep saying that tony hawk is not purchased but if they bothered to look at my purchase history they would see it there.
and i still have not got the 400 msp either

[quote name='xbox_man']xbox are refusing to give me the msp for the spend 1600 msp promotion.
they keep saying that tony hawk is not purchased but if they bothered to look at my purchase history they would see it there.
and i still have not got the 400 msp either[/QUOTE]

Was tony hawk purchased using a code by chance?

[quote name='xbox_man']xbox are refusing to give me the msp for the spend 1600 msp promotion.
and i still have not got the 400 msp either[/QUOTE]

Just do a print screen of it and post it over there. If you legitimately did buy it from the marketplace, and not redeem it as a code or something, then I don't see how they could deny you.

And at least you're getting support from them...I haven't heard from them in almost a week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Awesome! I'll be on that all day tomorrow, I'm dedicated/hardcore in a bunch of those games![/QUOTE]

Perfect time to put few more hours in Braid and first Joe Danger. :p

[quote name='SonicXtreme']http://raptr.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

joe danger 2 free from raptr if you meet the requirements...i am already experienced in splosion man but i don't see my reward, so i'm kind of confused. anybody able to get their free code?

EDIT: i clicked on 'upcoming rewards' and it looks like it doesn't start till tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks for the info.

Nice find on free Joe Danger 2 from raptr. I own 3 of the eligible games and am not quite experienced on any of them. I will rectify that tonight. Any word on when this will go live? Hopefully not midnightish since I have to work.

Sweet! I'm already set but when does it actually go live? I'll be up at 5 EST time for work so hopefully by then, but I can access the site at work as needed.

Last couple haven't gone live until 10-11am MST. I'm just gonna start checking around 7am when I wake up, I really don't think it will be live before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back