XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I should buy the Tiger Woods Golf Pack. I haven't even opened my copy of PGA 13 yet (and it's a Master's edition). 1600/$20 for 11 DLC courses is steep per CAG standards.

Obviously,'14 is coming in 6 months.

Hnng. I hate you guys. I was confident that I was over the sale, but the last few posts have left me swaying on whether I want Sam & Max or not. I have no time for them at all. :/

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I'm a completely masochistic gamer, so I should be fine I hope. I used to be #13 on the N+ leaderboards, and beat Super Meat Boy fully in a sitting (within 3 hours or less). So, if it's that kind of masochistic gameplay, I'm more than ready. If not, well.... Shaq-Fu.[/QUOTE]

Go for it then. Spelunky is still the best XBLA game this year in my book. One of my proudest completions . It's harder for 100% than Meat Boy and N+ tho. :)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']So, I think I lost my mind in regards to this sale. So far I have blown fucking $70 and I'm still contemplating some titles.

[/QUOTE]

Same boat, lol.

Purchased from sale:

Simpsons
Rayman 3 HD
Rock of Ages
Raskulls
Sonic 4 ep I
Sonic 4 ep II

Not on sale:

Counter-Strike: G.O.

And the Cabin in the Woods movie, lol. By the way, it is a pretty good comedy horror.

Debating on Sam and Max and Joe Danger. Played the first Joe Danger on PS3, and it was ok. Eh... I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

for the sales app the mystery wheel is up (it says it is not but it is).
you will get an update for 100 mb or something when you start the app.

i had a look at the mystery wheel and it is just avatar stuff, that you have to pay for.
you pay 80 msp to spin the wheel and whatever it land on i guess you get that avatar item and you can do it over and over to get all the avatar items.
i think they were just avatar animals too, not clothes.
also i am not sure if it will work properly yet as it still says coming soon so be careful

Yeah, I'm not really digging what you can "win" from the wheel. Some zombie animals, a wall, and a gas mask.
This whole time I thought it would be a free random spin each day and instead you have to pay for each spin.

Any word on what's up with the new DOTW ?? It still shows the massive sale from last week on the marketplace online and on the console. (Even though I think it's supposed to be a POPCAP week.) Would be nice to know about other titles or add-ons being marked down.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Any word on what's up with the new DOTW ?? It still shows the massive sale from last week on the marketplace online and on the console. (Even though I think it's supposed to be a POPCAP week.) Would be nice to know about other titles or add-ons being marked down.[/QUOTE]

Wednesdays

[quote name='StryderOmega']Wednesdays[/QUOTE]

Oh......is it because of the Labor Day holiday last week (Extended sale) ? Or did I miss something else, I thought they normally changed over the deals on Tuesdays.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Any word on what's up with the new DOTW ?? It still shows the massive sale from last week on the marketplace online and on the console. (Even though I think it's supposed to be a POPCAP week.) Would be nice to know about other titles or add-ons being marked down.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='StryderOmega']Wednesdays[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tarheel76']Oh......is it because of the Labor Day holiday last week (Extended sale) ? Or did I miss something else, I thought they normally changed over the deals on Tuesdays.[/QUOTE]

Classic CAG newbie taking advice from a CAG in training.

[quote name='Tarheel76']:).....thanks for putting me on blast.[/QUOTE]

I should have clarified. Your question was legit...the guy giving you bad info was my target.;)

If it wasn't for the disc versions (I can get the PS3 version of Bejeweled 3 that also includes Zuma & Feeding Frenzy 2 for about $8 to $10), I might've gotten some of this week's sales. 360 version has Bejeweled 3 & Blitz on one disc for $10 as well, or you can get Zuma's Revenge on 360 for $20 with Bejeweled 3 & Feeding Frenzy 2. or PvZ for $20 with Peggle & Zuma.

I enjoyed the Mad Riders demo, but with 2 arcade racers (Hydro Thunder and Skydrift) and 1 MX game (MX vs ATV something or other) in my backlog I decided to pass.

I also enjoyed the Babel demo, but I downloaded the free Android app instead.

I bought the Pinball FX Core pack, but passed on the Marvel tables since they don't seem all that different than the other Marvel pack I have, and there's some individual tables I'd rather have anyway.

The Warp demo didn't do it for me, and I also passed on Rock of Ages....again. I really like that games charm, but I don't think the gameplay will hold my attention.

I bought both Assault Heroes games, but after playing a little bit of the first one, I don't feel particularly great about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any body know what the lowered game is this week (saints row II last week, bully: se and fight night champion also recently), It seems I have been having trouble with the sales items on the new dashboard beta, can search each individual item, but when i hit the sale square on the dashboard, it isn't working how it did before.

[quote name='Japakneez']Mark of the ninja is fantastic. Probably the best XBL game of 2012.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, sir, but that title's not for sale. It belongs to Dust: An Elysian Tail.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Any body know what the lowered game is this week (saints row II last week, bully: se and fight night champion also recently), It seems I have been having trouble with the sales items on the new dashboard beta, can search each individual item, but when i hit the sale square on the dashboard, it isn't working how it did before.[/QUOTE]

same here

[quote name='Kerig']I'm sorry, sir, but that title's not for sale. It belongs to Dust: An Elysian Tail.[/QUOTE]

Eh, Dust is just okay. I'm about 2/3 of the way in and don't feel totally compelled to finish it, but I will.

Mark of the Ninja is flipping amazing. If you enjoy stealth games, buy this now as it's among the best. And with New game+ and unlockable costumes with game modifiers I can see myself replaying it over and over. Also loving the challenge rooms. I wouldn't even mind if they released more of these via DLC. Probably going to dethrone Spelunky as my XBLA goty...

[quote name='crookshow']Eh, Dust is just okay. I'm about 2/3 of the way in and don't feel totally compelled to finish it, but I will.

Mark of the Ninja is flipping amazing. If you enjoy stealth games, buy this now as it's among the best. And with New game+ and unlockable costumes with game modifiers I can see myself replaying it over and over. Also loving the challenge rooms. I wouldn't even mind if they released more of these via DLC. Probably going to dethrone Spelunky as my XBLA goty...[/QUOTE]

You are dead to me. Dead like Lincoln.

But still, both are great games. :cool:

[quote name='Zonic505']You can see all the games that're discounted here. Seems there's some other sales going on w/ the Popcap sale.[/QUOTE]

I may bite on Raiden IV GoD for $20.

Looks like a lot of games got dropped in price......Does anyone know if "Assault on Dark Athena" comes with the revamped "Escape from butchers bay"? Was just curious.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Looks like a lot of games got dropped in price......Does anyone know if "Assault on Dark Athena" comes with the revamped "Escape from butchers bay"? Was just curious.[/QUOTE]

The disc does, so if it's simply a port of the disc, then I'd say yes. However, the physical copy should be sub-$10 at most retailers now, instead of $15.

I have a large large cache of msp, so I have been focusing on getting GoD's on sale & old games i traded in but never fully finished. Was trying to see if anyone knew if it was a straight port of the disc or it was lacking that component, after MGS HD Collection got split into 2 different Items i wondered, though the orange box has everything in one package.

Disk version of Metro is still $25-$30 used at GS and will be about that much to get a used copy on Amazon that isn't disk only so consider that.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Disk version of Metro is still $25-$30 used so consider that.[/QUOTE]

yup, i know most of cag hates GoD but I like it. Too lazy to switch discs and don't have much space for all my games as it is. Plus i get to hide the fact from SO that I spent more money on games. :lol:

[quote name='Sychophantom']The downloadable instructions say that "Escape From Butcher Bay" is included, if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated, on phone at the moment so not everything was showing up

So I ended up deciding against picking up Raskulls, Mad Riders and Warp last night because my place needs electricity, and I thought I'd be done with the temptation by now but you're saying that the sales STILL haven't gone away? Jeeeeez, it's like they WANT your money. Also, good to see some interesting stuff on sale this week aside from the usual Popcap fare but thank god most of it doesn't interest me.

Gonna see what I can do about the OP, here goes.

Also, if what someone said about the Sales & Specials app is true, that's hilarious. The same discount on the Porsche DLC from the "loser" deals, as the one from last week's sale? They must have really undersold but god forbid they give it a price drop.

Edit: Done, if someone could update the Sales & Special app part, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll do it when I get home. Quick question, does anyone know when the official list of September price drops is posted? I'm getting tired of guessing what's been dropped and what's on sale in regards to GoDs.

[quote name='bardockkun']So Microsoft thinks I'll spend 80 points to get random avatar items. Yeah, that ain't happening.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think it's deviously brilliant. I mean we all know one of the biggest reasons for the MSP system is for leftover and odd point totals to be annoying and are therefore more prone to be spent on impulse buys (usually avatar crap), so a definitive way to dump that extra 80 MSP in a semi-interesting way (a "game", no less) is even more effective. Hell, even as I say this, I'm tempted to use my extra 80 on a spin just for shits and giggles and to see how it works.

Edit: Wow, just noticed that someone finally updated the winning prize from last week. First time I've seen a DLC prize, does anyone know the odds for winning those?

Also, starting to think some of the random GoDs are to give people who bought DLCs on sale last week, in advance of buying the game, a way to pick up the game cheaper on demand. Not a bad move, MS. Works better than the other way around.

Sale is finally over, prices are back up but none of the leftovers have changed prices. Anyone else wondering if the picture packs, Assassin's Creed GoDs and avatar stuff are permanent drops?

Edit: Just got home and answered my own question. Recently Reduced is up, will update OP accordingly.

Edit 2: Oh shit, just checked the Sales & Specials app and the Chain Reaction is new. More work ahead of me. Can confirm the earlier post about the "loser" deals this week being valid, also.

I was ready to get Bejeweled 3 but seeing it included on the Zuma's Revenge disc makes me want to get that instead and wait for a price drop. Although it may end up cheaper if ZR drops to 400 MSP when it inevitably goes on sale numerous times...

Also, I continue to be disappointed in Astropop's 400 MSP price. That should have dropped a long time ago and be on sale for 200. I remember it being one of the first XBLA games I wanted. I've considered getting PopCap Arcade Vol. 1 just for it, but I dunno how many times I can keep getting the same games on compilation discs. I'll probably just buy it finally.

I think I own everything else between Bejeweled Blitz, PopCap Arcade Vol. 2, Plants vs Zombies disc, XBLA Unplugged and XBLA Compilation disc.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I was ready to get Bejeweled 3 but seeing it included on the Zuma's Revenge disc makes me want to get that instead and wait for a price drop. Although it may end up cheaper if ZR drops to 400 MSP when it inevitably goes on sale numerous times...

Also, I continue to be disappointed in Astropop's 400 MSP price. That should have dropped a long time ago and be on sale for 200. I remember it being one of the first XBLA games I wanted. I've considered getting PopCap Arcade Vol. 1 just for it, but I dunno how many times I can keep getting the same games on compilation discs. I'll probably just buy it finally.

I think I own everything else between Bejeweled Blitz, PopCap Arcade Vol. 2, Plants vs Zombies disc, XBLA Unplugged and XBLA Compilation disc.[/QUOTE]

I'm avoiding picking up Bejeweled 3 during this sale for the same reasons. If Zuma's Revenge is anything like the disc version of Plants vs. Zombies (which included Peggle and Zuma) then it'll be sub-$20 pretty soon. Which works for me for once because I don't own Feeding Frenzy 2 either. And I also looked into the Popcap Arcade compilations, they're surprisingly expensive used on Amazon, so I might just bite on Astropop and Heavy Weapon along with Bejeweled Blitz and Peggle Nights since I didn't end up getting Raskulls, Mad Riders and Warp.

Also, apologies in advance for any snark in the Wiki edits, can't help myself sometimes. It's why I shouldn't be allowed to edit Wikipedia.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Also, I continue to be disappointed in Astropop's 400 MSP price. [/QUOTE]

This, and ditto in regards to Heavy Weapon. Both are more than ready to a permanent price drop to 400, so they can finally go on sale for 200 and I can buy both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back