XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']Last couple haven't gone live until 10-11am MST. I'm just gonna start checking around 7am when I wake up, I really don't think it will be live before then.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, of course, that would be lunch time for me. Hopefully they don't go super fast. The benefit is that it is also school hours.

[quote name='Felder71']Ugh, of course, that would be lunch time for me. Hopefully they don't go super fast. The benefit is that it is also school hours.[/QUOTE]

The only one I remember going SUPER fast was the Minecraft codes. The Maw and R-Type for Silver members lasted over a week if I recall.

So i've been doing the scratch off on the sales and special app like everyday and never expecting to win. Was surprised to see that I won today doing it and got the May car pack for Forza 4 free. Nice considering I do play that game.

I always thought no one won that thing, but I guess there are winners lol

[quote name='SonicXtreme']http://raptr.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

joe danger 2 free from raptr if you meet the requirements...i am already experienced in splosion man but i don't see my reward, so i'm kind of confused. anybody able to get their free code?

EDIT: i clicked on 'upcoming rewards' and it looks like it doesn't start till tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Awesome I have like 4 games under "Hardcore" Rank so i am going to be sitting in front of the computer the entire morning as long as it doesn't go live in the afternoon ill be good.

[quote name='vamn']Off topic-ish: If you were debating Sam and Max during last week's sale and didn't bite on it, the Sam & Max Complete Pack is on sale on Steam for $15. And it includes Season 3 that never came out on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Telltale should really put out an 'Adventure collection' retail disc on Xbox with both Sam and Maxes plus Wallace and Gromit. I'd say throw Walking Dead on there, but it really deserves its own disc (or would at least sell that way).

[quote name='eastx']Telltale should really put out an 'Adventure collection' retail disc on Xbox with both Sam and Maxes plus Wallace and Gromit. I'd say throw Walking Dead on there, but it really deserves its own disc (or would at least sell that way).[/QUOTE]

They said that The Walking Dead is getting a retail release after all 5 episodes were released. I'd definitely buy and 'Adventure Collection' for about $20 though.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'd much rather have a disk than buying everything through Xbox Live, but isn't $30 for all five episodes $5 more expensive than getting all the episodes separately?[/QUOTE]

yup it's $5 more than buying it all individually on XBLA. I'd almost prefer the disc version because it's easy to play and get all the achievements then you could get rid of it and get some of your money back. The episodes I have downloaded have no trade in value obviously.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'd much rather have a disk than buying everything through Xbox Live, but isn't $30 for all five episodes $5 more expensive than getting all the episodes separately?[/QUOTE]

That's to entice people not to wait for the disc. Plus physical media adds to the cost of distribution and the b&m retail gets a cut too.

Anyone planning to wait for The Walking Dead on disc, make sure to install it! The XBLA version has severe frame rate problems, it sometimes chugs to a near standstill, and that's with all the assets on the HDD. I shudder to think how it would perform from the optical drive. Great game aside from that though. And given the nature of the game the frame rate problems don't really hamper gameplay, only the presentation.

Also, retail discs tend to drop in price rather quickly. Wait a month or so and you'll probably see it for $19.99 all over the place.

Happy to hear a Walking Dead disc is coming out. And yes, it's more likely to drop in price than the games being discounted one by one.

Looking forward to grabbing it for 20 bucks sometime this holiday after the second season

joe danger 2 free from raptr if you meet the requirements...i am already experienced in splosion man but i don't see my reward, so i'm kind of confused. anybody able to get their free code?

EDIT: i clicked on 'upcoming rewards' and it looks like it doesn't start till tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'm already good for one but why do I get the feeling the whole thing is going to be a cluster fuck like the last time with the PSN Game.

[quote name='solidus_00']Nice, I'm already good for one but why do I get the feeling the whole thing is going to be a cluster fuck like the last time with the PSN Game.[/QUOTE]

Why do you call the PSN game one a clusterfuck? I got mine, no problem.

Do those Raptr codes usually go real quick? Was gonna buy it tomorrow already but would much rather get it for free obviously but I'm not getting up early in the morning just to make sure I get a code.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Awesome I have like 4 games under "Hardcore" Rank so i am going to be sitting in front of the computer the entire morning as long as it doesn't go live in the afternoon ill be good.[/QUOTE]

How many of the games do you need to have Hardcore on?

[quote name='thenutman69321']Do those Raptr codes usually go real quick? Was gonna buy it tomorrow already but would much rather get it for free obviously but I'm not getting up early in the morning just to make sure I get a code.[/QUOTE]

The Minecraft ones were gone in an hour or so, but some others have lasted longer. If you're not too pressed about it I would just get to it whenever, and if they have them cool.

[quote name='locolukah']How many of the games do you need to have Hardcore on?[/QUOTE]

You only have to be Experienced on one of them. It also looks like you might need to have your Facebook account attached to your Raptr account and be in an eligible country.

[quote name='weeman43302']The Minecraft ones were gone in an hour or so, but some others have lasted longer. If you're not too pressed about it I would just get to it whenever, and if they have them cool.

You only have to be Experienced on one of them. It also looks like you might need to have your Facebook account attached to your Raptr account and be in an eligible country.[/QUOTE]

Ah, Experienced, thanks. I have that. I just need to be online to claim the reward when they go active!

[quote name='thenutman69321']Do those Raptr codes usually go real quick? Was gonna buy it tomorrow already but would much rather get it for free obviously but I'm not getting up early in the morning just to make sure I get a code.[/QUOTE]
r type/the maw lasted a long time. joe danger isn't minecraft. you'll get one.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']r type/the maw lasted a long time. joe danger isn't minecraft. you'll get one.[/QUOTE]

The last rewards they did were for PS1 Import games. They had 1500 available, and looking at this thread, those codes only lasted for about 2 hours. I'd expect this one to move similarly to that one. If you want one, I'd say be on the ball tomorrow morning, all morning.

[quote name='crunchewy']F! I can't get my Facebook account linked. It says "Communicating with Facebook…" forever. :([/QUOTE]

Check Ad Block, pop up is getting disabled.

Quick question - if I claim a Raptr reward, but can't enter the code in Xbox Live until later, it's still reserved for me, right? Raptr doesn't resend it out to someone else, right? Thanks for the info.

[quote name='chapnis']Does anyone know the the Joe Danger thing starts?[/QUOTE]

Look back about 20 posts.

[quote name='Felder71']Quick question - if I claim a Raptr reward, but can't enter the code in Xbox Live until later, it's still reserved for me, right? Raptr doesn't resend it out to someone else, right? Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

No, they wouldn't do that.

But you can just redeem it through xbox.com too.

Ok, the weird thing is that I can use the raptr Facebook "app", and it's linked to my account. But in account settings, under sharing, no Facebook account is there. I can click add account, but it gets stuck forever if noted.

So presuming that I'm "connected enough", when does this thing start, or do you never know with these? How soon is soon?

[quote name='Outinthedark']Check Ad Block, pop up is getting disabled.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that was it basically. Pop-up blocker was on. Thanks! Now to just hope this thing starts soon as I have to leave soon. :)

[quote name='eastx']Telltale should really put out an 'Adventure collection' retail disc on Xbox with both Sam and Maxes plus Wallace and Gromit. I'd say throw Walking Dead on there, but it really deserves its own disc (or would at least sell that way).[/QUOTE]

A complete pack for Xbox would have been nice. Though, I hate that they decided to not release the third season on XBLA even though it's on PSN. Same goes for the Back to the Future games.
The Wallace and Gromit are in terrible need of some price drops at this point. I bought the first one when it was on sale for 400 points two years back. It only took about 2 hours (maybe even less) to fully explore and beat the game. I love the design and animation, but definitely not worth $10 a pop.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yup, the Walking Dead compilation retail disc is already a thing.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Xbox-360/dp/B007WQOIGW[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll be holding off on getting the XBLA versions, then. Maybe they'll throw some last minute extras on the disc, too. But I see it being $20 on Amazon soon enough.

I decided to go back and play some more of Limbo to rank up to "experienced". Oh man do I regret buying that game...

[quote name='locolukah']Well, that thread on Raptr has about 900 views and they have 2500 codes to send out...according to @VideoGamerRob[/QUOTE]

To be fair, people do have to qualify, but it's really not that hard. I expect these will be gone in a few hours. Just be ready to jump.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Why do you call the PSN game one a clusterfuck? I got mine, no problem.[/QUOTE]

Cause some people(lot more than just a handful) who had all the necessary requirements for it couldn't get one because the system wouldn't recognise they had, and buy the time Raptr acknowledged it and did something about all the codes were gone.

[quote name='Felder71']Okay, well Major Nelson just announced the Raptr deal on Twitter. Let's just say you better be ready. I expect they will be gone FAST.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it'll definitely be hard now that he tweeted it.

[quote name='locolukah']So, anyone try Double Dragon Neon? Its so...odd, that I actually kinda liked it.

If it ever hits 400 points I may pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I'm loving the heck out of it. A few pluses for fans of the series:

There's the excellent soundtrack with remixes of many classic tunes from part 1 and one from part 2, the actual Double Dragon II NES sprites are used on the map screen, there are various jokes about elements from the games (including the absence of a few things from the past games), and some clever reworking of levels and bits of levels from past games. For instance, the tank and helicopter from DD2 turn up here but in a very creative and over-the-top fashion. Plus the better-than-ever co-op, even if it unfortunately lacks online right now.

The only thing I don't like is the single-player difficulty curve rises steeply after a few levels. You can compensate by playing carefully and/or grind previous levels to increase your stats and abilities though. In co-op things don't seem so bad since players can revive each other and share health at will.

I thought I might have to leave one of those games running to try and scoop up a Joe Danger 2 code but luckily I joined Raptr long enough ago that it tracked my LIMBO progress and I made it to experienced with it. I played Trials HD before I joined Raptr or I would have had it for sure. I think I put at least 8-10 hours into it. I haven't gotten to Joe Danger SE in my backlog but it's on the list.

Been trying to hit MegaStar in the AvatarFamestar thing. I guess you only maintain Star or MegaStar as long as you keep earning points? It said I had a week to earn MegaStar status so I'm making that a priority but if it has to be maintained I'll probably just bail out and get to the Sam & Max games sooner.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I thought I might have to leave one of those games running to try and scoop up a Joe Danger 2 code but luckily I joined Raptr long enough ago that it tracked my LIMBO progress and I made it to experienced with it. I played Trials HD before I joined Raptr or I would have had it for sure. I think I put at least 8-10 hours into it. I haven't gotten to Joe Danger SE in my backlog but it's on the list.

Been trying to hit MegaStar in the AvatarFamestar thing. I guess you only maintain Star or MegaStar as long as you keep earning points? It said I had a week to earn MegaStar status so I'm making that a priority but if it has to be maintained I'll probably just bail out and get to the Sam & Max games sooner.[/QUOTE]
You can add time manually if it didn't track it correctly.

How do you get raptr to track your achievements? I downloaded the app and everything and still can't figure out how to get it to show my achievements, but it did say wait 3 hours after I clicked refresh something.

[quote name='locolukah']So, anyone try Double Dragon Neon? Its so...odd, that I actually kinda liked it.

If it ever hits 400 points I may pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Note that the game diverges a LOT after the demo levels. There's a lot more to it enemy variety-wise. Teleporting ninjas, mages, jetpack assholes (Imported from SoR!).

I WANT to hate this but I actually like it. The soundtrack is, as usual for all of Wayforward's games, great. Virt is better than that company deserves.

There's nothing from any Double Dragon beyond 2 in here, and even then only the sprites from 2 show up on the map screen. Else, it's Double Dragon as imagined by someone who beat only the first two levels of the original DD.

In fact, it isn't even really Double Dragon. This is Bloodrayne Betrayal transposed into brawler 2.5D, the mechanical style is almost identical. The freedom of a traditional brawler is gone. The stiff-as-hell dodge mechanics are there, with much more of the game relying on your ability to duck-dodge for a brief damage boost and stat grinding those stupid tapes.

That said, the gameplay works in ways Betrayal's half-baked level design could not support. I like it despite myself but I don't think it's a great example of a traditional beat-em-up, but it's not quite the half-breed Dishwasher is or Betrayal wanted to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back