XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raptr has yet to update my achievements for Braid, says 4 total when I've got 8 as of a bit ago. really hope I don't miss out on Joe Danger

Hmm, KungFu Strike gets much better when you unlock more combos and upgrades. Shame this happens way after you beat the game - to get new moves/ally's/upgrades you should replay the stages a lot of times. Strange design decision if you ask me. Most of the people would never bother to grind them out.
Got my first two S ranks. ^^ Pretty sure i can get few more after purchasing the next Chi upgrade (cost 20k o_O).

Good to hear people are enjoying Double Dragon Neon. I should finally redeem my code today.

Oh, and fuck IGN. One of the worst gaming sites around!

edit :Anyone played Red Johnson's Chronicles? Is it decent?

[quote name='locolukah']So, anyone try Double Dragon Neon? Its so...odd, that I actually kinda liked it.[/QUOTE]
I like it too, more than I thought I would. I thought Skullmageddon's voice was a little too cheesy but at the same time I like the goofball psuedo-retro vibe/presentation. The lack of online co-op sucks big time though as I feel like I'd enjoy punching faces more with another player.:boxing:

I'm really not feeling DD so far. The humor is wack and the gameplay feels clunky as hell. I only finished 2 levels before I fell alseep but I really hope it gets better.

No online co-op = no buy for Double Dragon.

The combat is also incredibly slow and clunky.

Double Dragon Advance is still easily the best in the series.

Raptr: I had to change my gamertag there as I had changed it a while back and never logged into Raptr since. So I changed it and it reimported my achievements, I think correctly, but the play time is whacked. It says I only play Trials HD for 3 hours. That is not exactly right. LOL. Fortunately it got Trials Evo with a much higher number, and puts me as Dedicated. Now that stupid promotion needs to finally switch from someones bizarre definition of "soon", to "now".

[quote name='crunchewy']Now that stupid promotion needs to finally switch from someones bizarre definition of "soon", to "now".[/QUOTE]

That "soon" is killing me... it's not funny 8-[

I'm enjoying double dragon more than I thought I would. It's not perfect, but it has the right hooks for a modern beat em up. Only thing that I find jarring is the lack of grapple moves. That was a hugely satisfying part of the original games, and would have been an easy way to add some depth to the combat. Oh well, I'm looking forward to online coop. Also, this goes without saying, but the soundtrack is god tier.

[quote name='louiedog']Fire Pro Wrestling comes out next Friday. I can't believe that game is actually being released. I thought it had become vaporware.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one with avatars wrestling?

[quote name='MRGx']Raptr has yet to update my achievements for Braid, says 4 total when I've got 8 as of a bit ago. really hope I don't miss out on Joe Danger[/QUOTE]

I wrote it all out on the SlickDeals thread, but if you head over to account settings, under the Identities page you can force Raptr to refresh your 'cheevements & time logged. It gives you a message about possibly taking a couple hours, but sometimes its quicker.

[quote name='louiedog']Fire Pro Wrestling comes out next Friday. I can't believe that game is actually being released. I thought it had become vaporware.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't believe this either when I first read about it, I hope it plays well.

As to Double Dragon, I should have been more clear. While I do like the game more than I thought I would and am having a decent time with it, I wouldn't pay anything more than 400 (600 if you're a genre/80's/nostalgia fan). This is especially true when it doesn't have online co-op. I'm totally fine with playing it for free on 'that other console' though!;)

Just want to let everyone trying for Joe Danger 2 know, if you are experienced but it doesn't say you are eligible, click on "Check My Rewards" it popped up on mine after that.

[quote name='wEEman33']No online co-op = no buy for Double Dragon.

The combat is also incredibly slow and clunky.

Double Dragon Advance is still easily the best in the series.[/QUOTE]

Double Dragon Advance doesn't have online co-op either. In fact, you have to have two GBAs, two copies of the game, and a link cable, all locally, to play multiplayer.

It does suck that Neon launched without online co-op, but at least it's coming, and in less than a year, unlike Scott Pilgrim.

Wow just caught the last train for Joe Danger - when i claimed it were left only 130 codes. :0

Haha the trading thread is flooded with them now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked into the Raptr Zuma Revenge reward where if you play it to Noob status on Xbox Live, you get the original for the PC. Went on to Amazon and saw the prerelease price for the disc version is $19.99, but it's only 800ms pts on Xbox Live. Strange.

Too bad it's not included in this PopCap sale as well.

EDIT: I suppose it also includes Bejeweled 3 and Feeding Frenzy 2, so it's actually cheaper than all 3 games at regular price.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I just looked into the Raptr Zuma Revenge reward where if you play it to Noob status on Xbox Live, you get the original for the PC. Went on to Amazon and saw the prerelease price for the disc version is $19.99, but it's only 800ms pts on Xbox Live. Strange.

Too bad it's not included in this PopCap sale as well.[/QUOTE]

It is too bad that it is not included in the Popcap sale, but if you just want it to get the free PC copy you can play the demo to raise your raptr level to newbie.

I didn't know The Walking Dead was getting a disc. Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to pick it up if it drops below $20, which these discs tend to.

[quote name='kvadair']It is too bad that it is not included in the Popcap sale, but if you just want it to get the free PC copy you can play the demo to raise your raptr level to newbie.[/QUOTE]

Haha I just realized this today, I was about to post this. If you play the demo of Zuma's Revenge while connected to the internet, that's enough to raise your rank on Raptr's charts. I'm gonna do this tonight.

[quote name='bardockkun']With the sale this past week and getting Joe Danger 2 for free I kinda feel like my HDD is getting a good work out this month.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to that sale and todays giveaway, kinda feels like I got Joe Danger its DLC and the sequel for 760 points. :lol:

with that zuma revenge reward for pc, it was the original zume you get for pc.

and i missed out.
not fair for australia as it was 3 am here and i could not stay up anymore and now i find out it went live about half an hour later.

Kind of wish the sale happened after I got Joe Danger 2 from Raptr. If I liked it, I would've picked up Special Edition while it was discounted. Oh well, sure it'll be on sale again sometime.

[quote name='eastx']Double Dragon Advance doesn't have online co-op either. In fact, you have to have two GBAs, two copies of the game, and a link cable, all locally, to play multiplayer.

It does suck that Neon launched without online co-op, but at least it's coming, and in less than a year, unlike Scott Pilgrim.[/QUOTE]

Game Boy Advance games from 2003 aren't supposed to have online play. The system itself wasn't even capable of it.

Xbox 360/PS3 games from 2012 are.

asked in the other topic but figure I'll ask here, anyone happen to have a Joe Danger code they don't want? Ideally I'd get it for free since everyone else got theirs for free..except me because I wasn't home. it'd be much appreciated.

[quote name='crookshow']I'm enjoying double dragon more than I thought I would. It's not perfect, but it has the right hooks for a modern beat em up. Only thing that I find jarring is the lack of grapple moves. That was a hugely satisfying part of the original games, and would have been an easy way to add some depth to the combat. Oh well, I'm looking forward to online coop. Also, this goes without saying, but the soundtrack is god tier.[/QUOTE]

There is a grapple (b button), but the enemy has to be stunned first.

[quote name='MRGx']asked in the other topic but figure I'll ask here, anyone happen to have a Joe Danger code they don't want? Ideally I'd get it for free since everyone else got theirs for free..except me because I wasn't home. it'd be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Please don't let it suck:pray:
:D

[quote name='wEEman33']There is a grapple (b button), but the enemy has to be stunned first.[/QUOTE]

I knew that, but it's not the same. In the original games there were actual grapple moves (knee bash, elbow bash, uppercut, etc). In neon, all you can do is throw the enemy.

[quote name='locolukah']Really?[/QUOTE]

uh? yes? thats just asking for someone to be kind that doesn't want their copy. I'd give mine away if I had it and didn't want it to someone who asked politely. lots of people believe in giving and not getting anything in return. [quote name='solidus_00']Please don't let it suck:pray:
:D[/QUOTE]

its gonna suck, I've played the Fire Pro games for years and years, Z was my favorite and the last. I remember importing it and loving it then buying the US release when it came out, so good. still play it sometimes. if the game ends up awesome, I'll buy it whenever I get enough points via Bing. hopefully it has a create mode where we can make unlimited wrestlers so I can make pretty much everyone I like and setup their moves. gonna be a blast if the game kept actual wrestling moves and not just silly ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
What someone said earlier was right.

If you get the Raptr Reward for Zuma on PC*, you can actually use the redemption code they give you to buy Zuma's Revenge on PC for free instead.

*You can qualify for the Zuma on PC Raptr Reward by downloading and playing the Zuma's Revenge demo on XBLA.

Just FYI.

[quote name='tylerh1701']What someone said earlier was right.

If you get the Raptr Reward for Zuma on PC*, you can actually use the redemption code they give you to buy Zuma's Revenge on PC for free instead.

*You can qualify for the Zuma on PC Raptr Reward by downloading and playing the Zuma's Revenge demo on XBLA.

Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

The free Zuma code works on any game in the PopCap store. Free game, any product.

Welcome to July, guys.

[quote name='Blade']The free Zuma code works on any game in the PopCap store. Free game, any product.

Welcome to July, guys.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I must be way behind the ball on this one. Where was it posted?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Seriously? I must be way behind the ball on this one. Where was it posted?[/QUOTE]

inaccurate unless something changed since I used mine, which works for Zuma games only. even after applying the code to another game to test if it'd work.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Seriously? I must be way behind the ball on this one. Where was it posted?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was posted in the Free Stuff section of CAG.

Also, it definitely still works on any game:

VOHGe.png

[quote name='MRGx']inaccurate unless something changed since I used mine, which works for Zuma games only. even after applying the code to another game to test if it'd work.[/QUOTE]

Actually the code works only for €19.95 games (Peggle - Bejeweled 3 - Plants vs Zombies tested).

[quote name='johnpap']Actually the code works for €19.95 games (Peggle - Bejeweled 3 - Plants vs Zombies tested).[/QUOTE]

good to know I regret not testing it on Bejeweled then

[quote name='johnpap']Actually the code works for €19.95 games (Peggle - Bejeweled 3 - Plants vs Zombies tested).[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes...I guess it does have to be the same price. So not any game, but any game priced $19.95.

Guys, one more scenario tested (lol am I insane or what?)

2x 9.95 games at the same time in the Shopping Cart.
The result was....

FAIL

So I guess we excluded all possible cases... rofl

today is full of regrets, first I get stuck away from a computer and miss out on Joe Danger. then I find out I missed out on Bejeweled. sadness

you didnt miss on bejeweled if your referring to the raptr rewards deal... i dont play on the computer and its a worthless discount code... i.e. its not like someone will buy it.

I got 400 points floating on my account right now... and im itching for something different.

Can anyone recommend the Walking Dead games? I havnt played any of tell tales games before, how much of an impact do your choices make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back