XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BobbyTastic']
I also wouldn't necessarily mind a repeat of the Halloween-themed sale last year, would pick up Castlevania: HoD in a heartbeat since I already have SotN. Maybe if they put the DLC for HoD on sale already, we'd all be going crazy.[/QUOTE]

HoD's levels have been on sale before, but the characters and music packs haven't.

If you do end up picking it up though I'll be glad to get back into it with ya. Games only fun with some dedicated friends.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The thing about Halloween sales is that almost everything that could possibly go on sale has already been on sale because they do at least 2 zombie/monster themed DotWs every year. The only thing I can think of that hasn't been on sale yet is RE4.[/QUOTE]

im only okay with this because of the rewards promo other than the walking dead episodes i dont plan on buying anything NOT on sale if i can help it.

Here is hoping for a surprisingly early sale on Deadlight and/or Skullgirls

Btw, i dont know if anyone else knows this but I was pleasantly surprised with finding a few TMNT, TMNT ReShelled, and X-Men Arcade games going last night. Its makin me want to finally go ahead and pick up The Simpsons Arcade, I know it was on sale recently...

Now I really want DD:Neon, but no co-op online is a no buy for me still...

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']HoD's levels have been on sale before, but the characters and music packs haven't.

If you do end up picking it up though I'll be glad to get back into it with ya. Games only fun with some dedicated friends.[/QUOTE]

Oooo oooo add me please!

It has been sitting alone in my backlog since it came out. I love castlevania... I think i may even play tonight.

I havnt checked on the community for it yet

If anyone is getting together a group to play hod,, I'd appreciate getting a spot too. I've had it since it came out and even bought a bunch of the DLC levels when they were on sale last year but can't find anyone to play it with or whom could explain how to get better and get some enjoyment out of the title. I only ever bought it because I wanted the SoA bonus that year.

Also, you know what would be great to see on sale for this horror themed rewards month? Skull girls or Scarygirl. Or Both!

[quote name='WTPolaris']If anyone is getting together a group to play hod,, I'd appreciate getting a spot too. I've had it since it came out and even bought a bunch of the DLC levels when they were on sale last year but can't find anyone to play it with or whom could explain how to get better and get some enjoyment out of the title. I only ever bought it because I wanted the SoA bonus that year.

Also, you know what would be great to see on sale for this horror themed rewards month? Skull girls or Scarygirl. Or Both![/QUOTE]

Feel free to add me.

[quote name='dirtyvu']thanks, chuckie88!!! this post is full of awesome. it's like you thought of everything I could ask. :D[/QUOTE]
No problem, glad that typing it up was worth it. Enjoy rocking out!

[quote name='WTPolaris']If anyone is getting together a group to play hod,, I'd appreciate getting a spot too. I've had it since it came out and even bought a bunch of the DLC levels when they were on sale last year but can't find anyone to play it with or whom could explain how to get better and get some enjoyment out of the title. I only ever bought it because I wanted the SoA bonus that year.

Also, you know what would be great to see on sale for this horror themed rewards month? Skull girls or Scarygirl. Or Both![/QUOTE]

FR Sent kind sir! :D

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']HoD's levels have been on sale before, but the characters and music packs haven't.

If you do end up picking it up though I'll be glad to get back into it with ya. Games only fun with some dedicated friends.[/QUOTE]

Sadly that sale was before my time afaik (I only got an Xbox in Jan. 2011), but I was hoping for a repeat last Halloween that included the characters & music packs (because the base game was on sale).

I'm definitely in for some HoD if it goes on sale this month though. I wouldn't feel like 600 MSP was pushing it if I knew it stacked towards a promo and/or I had some dedicated friends handy.

@Juice You're aware they're going to patch in online multiplayer for free though, right?

For some reason I'm really antsy for the DotW even though I know I can't afford more spacebucks. The wait's killing me!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i know... ill spend my money on it then. I dont like soloing those kinds of games at all, i think it defeats the purpose of the genre...

kinda like infinite continues in shmups

Picked up the two Marvel tables that haven't been on sale yet (Captain America and Avengers Chronicles) and decided to bite on Crysis. It's supposed to be a good game and I don't think it will go much lower if and when that happens and I'm mildly interested in it despite the fact that it's an FPS (not much of an FPS fan due to motion sickness resulting from playing them). It might be make the 400msp sale list some time in the future but who knows. I expected it to reach this price just because it happened already on PSN so I assumed it was a matter of time.

Looking forward to the mystery deal next week. This is always the most exciting time for XBLA. Hopefully Major will announce this week and next week's sale tomorrow morning (he doesn't always so we might get dead air from him).

[quote name='Juice el Savior']yeah i know... ill spend my money on it then. I dont like soloing those kinds of games at all, i think it defeats the purpose of the genre...

kinda like infinite continues in shmups[/QUOTE]

You could try making some real life friends to play with. Not having local gaming friends (at least casual ones) would really suck IMO.

[quote name='eastx']Not having local gaming friends (at least casual ones) would really suck IMO.[/QUOTE]

It does, no one I know plays video games anymore save for my younger brother and he's almost always too busy with the wife and kids.

[quote name='eastx']You could try making some real life friends to play with. Not having local gaming friends (at least casual ones) would really suck IMO.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? What did I do to you?

Honestly I live in West Virginia and I am a recluse of sorts. I take care of both of my disabled parents and if I get time to game its really late at night.

Seriously, sorry if I ever offended :cry:

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Wow really? What did I do to you?

Honestly I live in West Virginia and I am a recluse of sorts. I take care of both of my disabled parents and if I get time to game its really late at night.

Seriously, sorry if I ever offended :cry:[/QUOTE]

No, you didn't offend me at all, and I mean no insult to you. I just mean (in all seriousness) that not having local friends to play with is a real problem, and that people in that situation should try to overcome it. The internet is wonderful, but none of us should leave behind real human interaction with friends.

That is very good of you to do for your parents. It feels awkward giving someone I don't know such specific advice, but I'll say that finding a mate and friends shouldn't drop off your list of things to do just because of familial responsibilities. Please forgive me if I overstep my boundaries by saying that.

no, i get it, it was just really unexpected and out of the blue.

The friends I grew up with gaming have all either moved on in life somewhere far away from here (which i wish I could do) or they simply just dont come out anymore. That and people are just crappy usually anyways in my opinion

Thanks for caring though

Well spent my last 800 MSP on Crysis. Just hope there aren't any really good deals this week, giving me a chance to replenish.

When does their site usually get updated?

So what's up with the Dance Central DLC sale. Does it actually end on Oct 1? Its oct 2 technically PDT.

Should I jump on this as it may be gone any second? My gf wants one of the marathon and dance packs. Seems like a good deal, gives her 19 songs for $24.75

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So what's up with the Dance Central DLC sale. Does it actually end on Oct 1? Its oct 2 technically PDT.

Should I jump on this as it may be gone any second? My gf wants one of the marathon and dance packs. Seems like a good deal, gives her 19 songs for $24.75[/QUOTE]

I've contacted Harmonix about the duration of the sale, and I'll update here if they respond. The original announcement doesn't mention an end date.

The packs are all great deals, especially compared to buying songs individually or when they're not on sale. If you and she enjoy the series, absolutely consider getting whichever packs catch your eyes.

If you guys are getting into HoD and want some help send me a FR. I spent a lot of time playing that last year, and wouldn't mind playing again.

looks like fighting games half off is the deal of the week, super street fight 2 and 3, virtua fighter 5, and dungeon fighter. hopefully there is more discounts they will add

[quote name='bardockkun']C'mon Skullgirls...and goddamn these deals.[/QUOTE]

I'll second skullgirls. And throw JoJo in there too, though I know that hasn't been out long

[quote name='johnpap']How do you know that these might be the offers for this week?[/QUOTE]
The fighting games? Because its on my dashboard for the sales this week but they havent adjusted the half off yet.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']looks like fighting games half off is the deal of the week, super street fight 2 and 3, virtua fighter 5, and dungeon fighter. hopefully there is more discounts they will add[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, loved how they managed to work Dungeon Fighter in there despite it making no sense. It's based off a great f2p game and I heard good things about this one, at $5 it's a no-brainer. According to the Dash there's a big Activi$ion sale this week, hence the CoD and WFC stuff being on sale. Posting from iPod right now, will amend OP when I am out of class this morning.

Lastly, finally got my power back! Hooorayyyyy.

They need to drop them black ops map packs to 400 msp not 600. Also whats the difference between normal virtual fighter 5 and the live arcade version? I remember years ago getting the full 1000 achievement on the regular vf5. I loved that game

[quote name='billydeewilliams']They need to drop them black ops map packs to 400 msp not 600. Also whats the difference between normal virtual fighter 5 and the live arcade version? I remember years ago getting the full 1000 achievement on the regular vf5. I loved that game[/QUOTE]

I think two new characters...

can someone post a link to the deals? They arent showing up for me yet and im tired!

Dungeon Fighter and Virtua Fighter sounds like i might be in...

[quote name='billydeewilliams'] Also whats the difference between normal virtual fighter 5 and the live arcade version? [/QUOTE]

Balance tweaks and I think new character(s).

Might as well post the deals, as they're up in S&S+.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown 1/2 off, 600 MSP
Dungeon Fighter Live 1/2 off, 400 MSP
Street Fighter 3 Online Edition 1/2 off, 600 MSP
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD 1/2 off, 600 MSP

Might get Dungeon Fighter Live, but not sure yet. Side-scrolling brawler w/ RPG elements sounds up my alley. Maybe I'll try the demo.

Just got finished trying out Dungeon Fighter... blech... its no Guardian Heroes, this is probably the cheapest youre gonna find it though. Unless a 200 msp sale happens during Black Friday

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Just got finished trying out Dungeon Fighter... blech... its no Guardian Heroes, this is probably the cheapest youre gonna find it though. Unless a 200 msp sale happens during Black Friday[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me and my buddy never finished the game. it's just tedious and boring even in co-op. :/

[quote name='Sath666']Try the demo of Dungeon Fighter first. I wouldn't recommend it -it's really flawed game and gets extremely repetitive with the endless amount of fetch quests...

edit: Arkadian Warriors is 200MSP (50% off) - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410807?nosplash=1

[/QUOTE]

whoa thats creepy, something told me to try the demo out and i ended up having it still stored on my HD... if nothing else pops up im using the 800 msp i got on 2 episodes of the Walking Dead...

Very happy to see Virtua Fighter on sale this week. Definitely grabbing that, Braid (finally), and War for Cybertron (great game and a steal at $10, especially it's >$20 used everywhere).
Here's hoping October deals get even better than this. :beer:

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon? No date for Serious Sam 3 in the link above (though I'm still looking forward to NiGHTS and Worms: Rev.) and mostly cut-and-paste deals for the next too weeks. Maybe they've got some good stuff in store for the Halloween sale though, so we'll see.

Can anyone tell me what the date is for the nba 2k13 avatar stuff? My iphone doesnt show it its just black.

Also for street fighter fans which is better ssft 2 or sf 3? Ive never played past street fighter 2 turbo fwiw

Question about FFXIII-2: you know how when you level up, you buy new armor and all. If I buy the Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed costumes, could I level up like normal and still wear them the entire time?

Arkadian Warriors 200 MSP
Assault Heroes 200 MSP
Carcassonne 400 MSP
Faery 600 MSP
Geometry Wars 2 400 MSP
Trials HD 800 MSP

right now...maybe price reductions for October...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back