XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assault Heroes 1 was worth $2.50, I bought Assault Heroes 2 for that same price but haven't played it yet.

Arkadian Warriors cameras are ass-backwards to me, and there's no way to change this in-game, so I won't be buying it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Assault Heroes 1 was worth $2.50, I bought Assault Heroes 2 for that same price but haven't played it yet.
[/QUOTE]

AH 2 is long and tedious. Both me and my buddy were tired from it after final zone. Now i see why this game has high ratio in TrueAchievements.

Surprised to see the OP title updated, you shoulda said hi Reddjoey!

Anyways, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one the other day to have Marketplace purchasing issues. Between that and the massive delay with the Trials DLC and the mess-ups with Sonic & Nights on the Marketplace, I'd say the XBLM is in shambles. Shambles!

Regarding the OP (because you all know I need to weigh in), definitely agree about the need for spoiler tags for the music sales, I just honestly didn't think of it. I've viewed my job here more as content-edits and maybe some changes in the ways things are written. I've left most of the format and making the OP pretty, up to the master of aesthetics, Cornelius, who as he said is just trying to suit the OP to the public's preference as best as possible.

I'm also pro-OP being a wiki obviously, the whole reason it became a wiki in the first place was because the maintenance of this thread just is too big and frequent to be a one-man job, and this way it's easier for people to weigh in. Nobody is in "control" of the OP or anything, but it's obviously influenced by the volunteers who put the most work into it, and the lot of us have a general idea of the system we prefer, so random spoiler tags everywhere just because.. is something that should be discussed first so we can all reach a consensus. And the second time they were forced into the OP was plainly out of spite, which is you know, bad. The feedback has been good though, which is why I've been pleased to hear people complimenting the OP lately. We volunteers appreciate it.

In regards to the Recently Reduced, I had always planned to put September's into spoiler tags once I got a hold of October's. But I especially left it visible because the first list of drops were entirely unadvertised, and therefore I felt it was more important to leave them visible.

Honestly, I think the rest of the OP is just about fine otherwise. My only complaints are the spacing (which I take some responsibility for) and the random section for the Boombox Avatar item.

The Deal of the Week and the Family Gold Deal should definitely remain separate, and with all the end dates of sales, it just gets too confusing to lump everything together. I will say that for the most part, separating the different sales just makes it easier to see all the related content together, GoD Sale of the Week, Kinect Central and Activision Music DLC are steady enough to deserve their own sections.

I also think that the OP is self-explanatory enough, and the general XBLA discussion is interrelated enough to deals that this topic can remain "loose" with the content of posts, especially on a slow sales week (which is 90% of the year). Nothing important that's posted is left out of the OP, and if you wanna know about a game's quality, you can either check the Metacritic links that are usually included, scour some of the pages for an opinion, or just ask again. Nobody's going to fault you for not reading 20 pages back.

I think that covers just about everything.

tl;dr Aside from a minor tweak or two, I think the system we have in place here is fine.

Excited to get Braid, DF Live, Transformers: WFC, Arkadian Warriors, VF 5: FS, & possibly Monkey Island? when I buy some points over the weekend (I was fortunate enough to find $40 today that I didn't know I had). Thinking about getting Toy Soldiers, all 4 DLCs, World of Keflings & Fable Heroes next week. Gonna wait on picking up SF3 & TS: Cold War just because I have a feeling they'll be on sale again before too long and 600 MSP games are just kinda steep for me right now.

Yeah, I had issues trying to purchase Nights & SA2, let alone find them, but then I found them on Xbox.com & that's how I got them. Kind of disappointed Nights doesn't have any avatar awards. I assume no gamer pics as well.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Surprised to see the OP title updated, you shoulda said hi Reddjoey!

Anyways, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one the other day to have Marketplace purchasing issues. Between that and the massive delay with the Trials DLC and the mess-ups with Sonic & Nights on the Marketplace, I'd say the XBLM is in shambles. Shambles!

Regarding the OP (because you all know I need to weigh in), definitely agree about the need for spoiler tags for the music sales, I just honestly didn't think of it. I've viewed my job here more as content-edits and maybe some changes in the ways things are written. I've left most of the format and making the OP pretty, up to the master of aesthetics, Cornelius, who as he said is just trying to suit the OP to the public's preference as best as possible.

I'm also pro-OP being a wiki obviously, the whole reason it became a wiki in the first place was because the maintenance of this thread just is too big and frequent to be a one-man job, and this way it's easier for people to weigh in. Nobody is in "control" of the OP or anything, but it's obviously influenced by the volunteers who put the most work into it, and the lot of us have a general idea of the system we prefer, so random spoiler tags everywhere just because.. is something that should be discussed first so we can all reach a consensus. And the second time they were forced into the OP was plainly out of spite, which is you know, bad. The feedback has been good though, which is why I've been pleased to hear people complimenting the OP lately. We volunteers appreciate it.

In regards to the Recently Reduced, I had always planned to put September's into spoiler tags once I got a hold of October's. But I especially left it visible because the first list of drops were entirely unadvertised, and therefore I felt it was more important to leave them visible.

Honestly, I think the rest of the OP is just about fine otherwise. My only complaints are the spacing (which I take some responsibility for) and the random section for the Boombox Avatar item.

The Deal of the Week and the Family Gold Deal should definitely remain separate, and with all the end dates of sales, it just gets too confusing to lump everything together. I will say that for the most part, separating the different sales just makes it easier to see all the related content together, GoD Sale of the Week, Kinect Central and Activision Music DLC are steady enough to deserve their own sections.

I also think that the OP is self-explanatory enough, and the general XBLA discussion is interrelated enough to deals that this topic can remain "loose" with the content of posts, especially on a slow sales week (which is 90% of the year). Nothing important that's posted is left out of the OP, and if you wanna know about a game's quality, you can either check the Metacritic links that are usually included, scour some of the pages for an opinion, or just ask again. Nobody's going to fault you for not reading 20 pages back.

I think that covers just about everything.

tl;dr Aside from a minor tweak or two, I think the system we have in place here is fine.

Excited to get Braid, DF Live, Transformers: WFC, Arkadian Warriors, VF 5: FS, & possibly Monkey Island? when I buy some points over the weekend (I was fortunate enough to find $40 today that I didn't know I had). Thinking about getting Toy Soldiers, all 4 DLCs, World of Keflings & Fable Heroes next week. Gonna wait on picking up SF3 & TS: Cold War just because I have a feeling they'll be on sale again before too long and 600 MSP games are just kinda steep for me right now.[/QUOTE]
You can still have the OP be a wiki while having the thread made by an active user so all of the extraneous information in that first post can be moved into subsequent posts like ReddJoey did before he became too busy to take care of the thread. Just shoving all of that information into one post, or linking to a random post in the middle of the thread where more stuff is stored, because you have nowhere else to put it is the reason that somebody needs to step up and make a new thread. Move the detailed explanations, FAQ, and such to posts 2, 3, 4, etc. to let the deal listings be the majority of what's in the OP and it could be an improved & concise OP.

If you have that much to say in defense of it, maybe you're the person that should step up and start the new thread.

[quote name='Blaster man']Any opinions on Arkadian Warriors or the assault heroes games? They're only $2.50...[/QUOTE]
If you're considering getting both Assault Heroes games, you might also want consider dropping in an extra 200 msp and getting Renegade Ops on sale next week. Mind you I haven't played much of any of those games yet, but my initial impressions are that the 600 msp for Renegade Ops was the better investment for me. Or you could also wait for Gatling Gears to go on sale again, as that was a decent game, but who knows when that will be. However, Assault Heroes 1 or 2 for 200 msp isn't a bad deal.

Fellow CAGs I need your help!
I'm able to buy just 1 game from the following:
1) Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
2) Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
3) Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

Which one do you think it's better to pull the trigger?
(and yes, I have played all the demos but still can't decide...)

[quote name='johnpap']Fellow CAGs I need your help!

(and yes, I have played all the demos but still can't decide...)[/QUOTE]

If you're not considering picking up the Capcom collection then go with #2. Otherwise, I'd pick #3.
Ironically, I just bought Virtua Fighter 5 FS about 5 minutes ago eventhough I own the disc version. However I did it because I own the other two and want an easy 400 GS. :)

If I'm right in assuming you're a casual fighting game fan, I'm just going to lay out quick pro's for each, as they all have merit.

VF5: FS - Great game, fairly balanced. Do you prefer 3D fighters?
SF2: ST (HDR) - The most famous of all fighters, classic. Probably the easiest to get into and still very deep if you wish to play it a lot.
SF3: 3S - Visually the best IMO, you can't beat the sprites in 3S. Very demanding execution wise compared to the other two. A lot of fun but not amazingly balanced.

VF5FS is a very different beast from the other two, if for no other reason it's 3D. This game and SFIII are ones you have to put some significant time into to be really good. That said, this is the one you can probably button-mash your way through if you're not too good at fighting games. Some bonus costumes and modes are locked behind some fairly pricey DLC, but none of that is mandatory to enjoy the game.

SSFIITHDR is great fun, but obviously it's dated. It's the safest choice of the three.

SFIIITSOE...there's a lot to it. You can certainly play it like SF2 but you aren't going to be competing at a very high level (and that final boss is going to piss you the fuck off). It's a game I used to strongly dislike, but after picking up this version during a previous sale I've grown to like it a bit. I just don't have the time to put into it to get really good. It does have some nice bonus features (unlockable stuff, mini achievements, etc) that the other two are lacking.

Like I said, HD Remix is the safe choice and you won't be disappointed. If you're the kind of dude who wants something deep, flip a coin on the other two, as they are both very well done...or base it on whether you want a 2D or 3D game.

[quote name='KaneRobot']VF5FS is a very different beast from the other two, if for no other reason it's 3D. This game and SFIII are ones you have to put some significant time into to be really good. That said, this is the one you can probably button-mash your way through if you're not too good at fighting games. Some bonus costumes and modes are locked behind some fairly pricey DLC, but none of that is mandatory to enjoy the game.

SSFIITHDR is great fun, but obviously it's dated. It's the safest choice of the three.

SFIIITSOE...there's a lot to it. You can certainly play it like SF2 but you aren't going to be competing at a very high level (and that final boss is going to piss you the fuck off). It's a game I used to strongly dislike, but after picking up this version during a previous sale I've grown to like it a bit. I just don't have the time to put into it to get really good. It does have some nice bonus features (unlockable stuff, mini achievements, etc) that the other two are lacking.

Like I said, HD Remix is the safe choice and you won't be disappointed. If you're the kind of dude who wants something deep, flip a coin on the other two, as they are both very well done...or base it on whether you want a 2D or 3D game.[/QUOTE]
i'm pretty awful at fighting games but i love them, i just got heavily into both SFs and III is much more forgiving with the timing; i win twice as many matches on 3 than i do 2HD, 2HD it seems like the exploits at high levels are harder to bust through, IIIs timing is more forgiving so it's easier to get up from falls and such a little more, and parrying gives you double the defensive move choices. i'm a jobber in both but i can definitely snake way more hits in on 3 since it gives you more options to pull out during battle.

i love both games and 2hd more from a nostalgia standpoint but for just one get III. VF5 is good but i would not take it over either SF unless you absolutely cant do SF motions

[quote name='ooga']If you're not considering picking up the Capcom collection then go with #2. Otherwise, I'd pick #3.
Ironically, I just bought Virtua Fighter 5 FS about 5 minutes ago eventhough I own the disc version. However I did it because I own the other two and want an easy 400 GS. :)
[/QUOTE]
I completely forgot about the Capcom collection! Thanks for the reminder!

[quote name='Solder']If I'm right in assuming you're a casual fighting game fan, I'm just going to lay out quick pro's for each, as they all have merit.[/QUOTE]
You're damn right!

[quote name='KaneRobot']If you're the kind of dude who wants something deep, flip a coin on the other two, as they are both very well done...or base it on whether you want a 2D or 3D game.[/QUOTE]
I'll vote for a 2D game since I'm an old skool type of gamer. That doesn't mean that I hate 3D games, I just have that kind of preference.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']
i love both games and 2hd more from a nostalgia standpoint but for just one get III. VF5 is good but i would not take it over either SF unless you absolutely cant do SF motions[/QUOTE]

Thanks a LOT all of you for your quick and enlighting responses!
Therefore, the winner is...

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

I will get the Capcom Collection eventually (I don't have any game from that disc) so 1 goes off the list and I'm gonna wait for a future sale on Virtua Fighter 5 FS.

I r a happy CAG now :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you enjoyed the Double Dragon article, Chrono.

Here's a little preview/impressions piece I wrote about Worms Revolution, which comes out this Wednesday. Not a full review, so it's a quick read.

[quote name='Outinthedark']lol...I got a new phone from my job (GS3) and sold my HD7.

What an exaggerated stretch.[/QUOTE]

No, you blew up. It was rude and totally out of left field.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']If I already own Virtua Fighter 5, is showdown worth buying?[/QUOTE]

Good question, I'd like to know that as well.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']If I already own Virtua Fighter 5, is showdown worth buying?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if only for the fact that I can't imagine anyone is still playing vanilla VF5. There have been a number of revisions since vanilla (including two new characters added, Jean and Taka-arashi), and FS is supposedly going to be the final version of VF5. Here's a full list of changes.

Also, I just got done playing the NiGHTS demo, and I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed in the controls. NiGHTS doesn't respond well to slight changes in direction with the analog stick, which is kind of a big deal for the game that prompted Sega to make an analog controller in the first place. In fact, I can play better on the D-pad than the analog stick because it's easier to just tap down for a split second than hold the stick in a direction NiGHTS just doesn't want to go in. I still feel obligated to buy it, though, since I do want to play this game. Maybe someone will be able to mod the PC version.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So the new trails dlc just showed up as free for me. I am in the dashboard beta(could be the reason) and clicked on the advertisement for the dlc from the home tab. The dlc was showing up as free at 10:30am MT(154.11MB), I'm downloading it now and will let you guys know if I actually have it to play.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice find, Daz! When I looked it up in the store it was 400 points, but clicking on the ad listed it as free. I'm not using the beta dashboard.

[quote name='Thrinn']Wow, nice find, Daz! When I looked it up in the store it was 400 points, but clicking on the ad listed it as free. I'm not using the beta dashboard.[/QUOTE]
It's just a video actually. I was all happy and shit too. Sorry about that.

[quote name='Thrinn']Wow, nice find, Daz! When I looked it up in the store it was 400 points, but clicking on the ad listed it as free. I'm not using the beta dashboard.[/QUOTE]

it's just a video. It's on xbox.com for free too.

[quote name='airco']Yes, if only for the fact that I can't imagine anyone is still playing vanilla VF5. There have been a number of revisions since vanilla (including two new characters added, Jean and Taka-arashi), and FS is supposedly going to be the final version of VF5. Here's a full list of changes.

Also, I just got done playing the NiGHTS demo, and I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed in the controls. NiGHTS doesn't respond well to slight changes in direction with the analog stick, which is kind of a big deal for the game that prompted Sega to make an analog controller in the first place. In fact, I can play better on the D-pad than the analog stick because it's easier to just tap down for a split second than hold the stick in a direction NiGHTS just doesn't want to go in. I still feel obligated to buy it, though, since I do want to play this game. Maybe someone will be able to mod the PC version.[/QUOTE]

For someone who owns Virtua Fighter 5 Online asking if Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is worth it, I imagine it would still depend a bit on the person. I probably can safely guess the person is a CAG, but if they just wanted the experience of a game at the most casual of levels, then perhaps if they're really miserly it would be a pass. It is similar to the necessity of going from Super Street Fighter 4 to Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver. 2012 or from BlazBlue: Continuum Shift to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. One can save money if he or she feels just getting a sampling is enough. However for me, I can feel subtle differences in a feel of a game, take for example:

I too noticed the jankiness of differences between the original Saturn version and this port of a PS2 port. For example the LT and RT tricks sometimes cause NiGHTS to lose momentum now to come to a complete stop during my ribbon tricks. Also when NiGHTS gets real close to the terrain, the movement seemed wrong in that he scrapes across instead of either rebounding off or gliding over. I too feel the controls on the XBLA version lacks the subtlety in motion as well.

Even changing to "Sega Saturn Dreams" the physics are the same as the PS2 port. The "Sega Saturn Dreams" only means using the older character models, but the textures and sprites got filtered (I really dislike this blurriness caused by the filtering) removing what I felt were sharp visuals of the original. Some songs are also slightly altered (I know, I can play the original Saturn version disc in a CD-player) so for someone with nostalgia rose-colored glasses as I, it hits me a bit. Basically it seems like this mode feels unnecessary since it fails to properly represent the original.

With my complaints, I still can't hate on the game because I enjoyed the original. That is the problem with my nostalgia rose-colored glasses. I'd love to hear the impressions of someone coming into this game new.

Anyway, to keep my posting Xbox Live deals related, I am curious about all the Call of Duty DLC on sale. I don't have any Call of Duty titles, because they have a tendency to not see significant discounts while the game is still relevant in my eyes (given my odd taste in games). I have heard positive things about zombies mode, and I did enjoy my time with L4D (and I think I saw a Danny Trejo, Michelle Gellar video for a zombies mode). I do not foresee myself purchasing a Call of Duty title in the immediate future, but I like seeing that World at War has a complete DLC bundle for "sale" at 1000MSP currently. How likely will Blops get a complete bundle and sale price for a bundle? [I'm guessing that's another 2 year wait] Or should I strike while the iron is hot and get the DLC with the guest stars now because sales for the item comes too infrequently?

The black ops DLC will never be in a bundle, and the only reason to buy the world at war dlc would be for zombies because multiplayer is hacked senseless, and all of the zombie maps can be played in black ops from the rezurrection pack. That's my advice.

[quote name='wEEman33']Street Fighter III is the best fighting game on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

*cough*KoF02UM*cough*

[quote name='Crono-00']For someone who owns Virtua Fighter 5 Online asking if Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is worth it, I imagine it would still depend a bit on the person. I probably can safely guess the person is a CAG, but if they just wanted the experience of a game at the most casual of levels, then perhaps if they're really miserly it would be a pass. It is similar to the necessity of going from Super Street Fighter 4 to Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver. 2012 or from BlazBlue: Continuum Shift to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. One can save money if he or she feels just getting a sampling is enough.[/QUOTE]

You'd have a point if we were talking about single player games, but fighting games are primarily multiplayer affairs. If everyone else is playing the most up to date version of the game, you will 1) not find anyone who wants to play the old and busted version, and 2) be out of practice with the newer rulesets. And there have been a lot of changes in FS (subtle they may be) that warrant being familiar with them. Besides, why would you buy a game if all you want is a small sampling? That's what demos are for.

With my complaints, I still can't hate on the game because I enjoyed the original. That is the problem with my nostalgia rose-colored glasses. I'd love to hear the impressions of someone coming into this game new.
I may have said it before, but my only experience with NiGHTS has been the Wii sequel, which I liked. I can't notice the more intrinsic physics problems (everything seems to feel the same as JoD), but even I noticed the movement issues (though I did hear about them from a NiGHTS forum first, so it may have been an issue of me never being able to unnotice it).

For only $7, you can't go wrong with XBLA Virtua Fighter.

It's probably the best 3D fighter on the system. I don't like 3D fighters in principle, but it's definitely the best of the bunch.

[quote name='airco']*cough*KoF02UM*cough*

You'd have a point if we were talking about single player games, but fighting games are primarily multiplayer affairs. If everyone else is playing the most up to date version of the game, you will 1) not find anyone who wants to play the old and busted version, and 2) be out of practiced with the newer rulesets. And there have been a lot of changes in FS (subtle they may be) that warrant being familiar with them. Besides, why would you buy a game if all you want is a small sampling? That's what demos are for.

I may have said it before, but my only experience with NiGHTS has been the Wii sequel, which I liked. I can't notice the more intrinsic physics problems (everything seems to feel the same as JoD), but even I noticed the movement issues (though I did hear about them from a NiGHTS forum first, so it may have been an issue of me never being able to unnotice it).[/QUOTE]

*cough*Garou: Mark of the Wolves*cough*
*cough, cough*Marvel Vs. Capcom 2*cough, cough*

I did preface my statement by asking how much of a CAG and level of play one could aim for. Just yesterday, I finally released all my filters and now can see ads on my dashboard (non-beta) just so I can get some of those free avatar items I've been hearing about, and lo I found there's some really cheap Skittles pinball. Sure that dashboard game doesn't hold a candle to the other XBLA pinball titles, but I can imagine if one was at the extreme end of miserly on the 360 how that and demo tables on Pinball FX2 will suffice. KrayzieKMF and johnpap implied they did have the first Virtua Fighter 5 Online already, so I felt that it does matter a bit if they really would prefer not to spend 600MSP for gameplay tweaks and a couple of new characters. Some people could be in situations where a demo is enough (I wish I did that with Sonic Unleashed).

Like my question about the Blops and zombie maps (BTW, thanks vantheman), I had intended to only play the game with close friends in private matches, so relating to fighting games it is possible a person could choose to restrict his/her choice of competition to a small closed circle. One can choose the kind of community they want with their game sometimes.

I have also found cases where the older version is preferred to newer versions, for example I found a wonderful community which still enjoys playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Street Fighter Zero 2 in Japan) on GGPO and it is widely preferred there over the newer Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha in Japan) on GGPO [my losses has been captured by others to youtube, and now exists in the pool of the internet forever >_

[quote name='Crono-00']*cough*Garou: Mark of the Wolves*cough*
*cough, cough*Marvel Vs. Capcom 2*cough, cough*[/QUOTE]

I'll give you Garou. I have my problems with it, like how I feel it tries to be too much like Street Fighter, abandoning everything that made Fatal Fury unique (have you ever played Real Bout 2? Plane switching is fun as hell.), but it is a good game. Marvel 2, though? I can't consider sprite dump games where the only four viable characters all have infinites to be a good game.

I did preface my statement by asking how much of a CAG and level of play one could aim for. Just yesterday, I finally released all my filters and now can see ads on my dashboard (non-beta) just so I can get some of those free avatar items I've been hearing about, and lo I found there's some really cheap Skittles pinball. Sure that dashboard game doesn't hold a candle to the other XBLA pinball titles, but I can imagine if one was at the extreme end of miserly on the 360 how that and demo tables on Pinball FX2 will suffice. KrayzieKMF and johnpap implied they did have the first Virtua Fighter 5 Online already, so I felt that it does matter a bit if they really would prefer not to spend 600MSP for gameplay tweaks and a couple of new characters. Some people could be in situations where a demo is enough (I wish I did that with Sonic Unleashed).
I kinda get what you're saying, but you're arguing on the side of the casual gamer, a demographic that fighting games (or at least Virtua Fighter) aren't made for. If you're serious about fighters, I can't imagine why you would play an outdated version. If you're not serious about fighters, I can't imagine why you'd play them, since everyone else completely destroys you.

I have also found cases where the older version is preferred to newer versions, for example I found a wonderful community which still enjoys playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Street Fighter Zero 2 in Japan) on GGPO and it is widely preferred there over the newer Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha in Japan) on GGPO [my losses has been captured by others to youtube, and now exists in the pool of the internet forever >_

[quote name='Crono-00']Hehe, you busted me for calling you "East-X" once, now it's my turn =P. I'm "Crono" as in the early SNES localization only supplied enough room for 5 characters so the h was dropped from the character name. There is a Chrono that's also on this thread, ChronoGear which I met randomly once before on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair ^^. Anyway, I did find your Double Dragon 2 imports article wonderfully informative, also I cheer that you have an awesome Bomberman collection! ^^[/QUOTE]

My bad! In my defense, you made it harder on us with the unusual spelling. I'll try to remember that though.

Also yes, it took me a while to notice but NiGHTS definitely controls a bit worse and has shorter timing on links, making the game harder. Still a great game, just slightly less so.

The Japanese never really cared for Alpha 2. The story I heard a long time ago is that someone won an Alpha 2 tournament and basically said something to effect of 'this game sucks'. In response, Capcom released Gold (or rather Zero2 Alpha).

Most US players didn't care for the balance changes either. I personally don't care, I'll play either version if it hits XBLA.

Reddjoey & everyone helping with the new wiki format deserve MUCH PROPS for keeping this page going & having such great info on the deals, and everything surrounding them. Thank you all!!

I've been thinking about picking up Virtua Fighter, Sonic Adventure 2 and Jet Set Radio when another thought popped into my head. About how likely do you guys think there'll be a Dreamcast Collection V2? There are probably enough previously on Dreamcast games to make a second compilation at this point.

[quote name='Blaster man']Anyone know if Faery legends of Avalon is any good?[/QUOTE]
It's very... average. I liked the setting of the game and the "mythos" the developers were trying to establish, but the game is over before it ever really begins. And even then, the combat is so... dull. The customization is kinda cool to fiddle around with, but the core gameplay is very meh.

It was never worth 1200 MSP to begin with, and it's certainly not worth it at 800 either. I bought it at 600 the previous time it was on sale and I regret it.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']It's very... average. I liked the setting of the game and the "mythos" the developers were trying to establish, but the game is over before it ever really begins. And even then, the combat is so... dull. The customization is kinda cool to fiddle around with, but the core gameplay is very meh.

It was never worth 1200 MSP to begin with, and it's certainly not worth it at 800 either. I bought it at 600 the previous time it was on sale and I regret it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's a dull game that didn't do anything to really stand out despite being one of the few RPGs on XBLA/PSN.

[quote name='sykotek']I've been thinking about picking up Virtua Fighter, Sonic Adventure 2 and Jet Set Radio when another thought popped into my head. About how likely do you guys think there'll be a Dreamcast Collection V2? There are probably enough previously on Dreamcast games to make a second compilation at this point.[/QUOTE]They only re-released 2 Dreamcast games recently (JSR & SA2), though maybe they could add Nights & Daytona and call it "Sega Heritage Collection" since JSR, Nights, & SA2 are considered part of that, what with the special logo and the added interview about the game.

Definitely get Virtua Fighter it's a great game at the sale price.

Sonic Adventure 2 was a bad game when it came out and it hasn't gotten any more bearable with time.

[quote name='wEEman33']Definitely get Virtua Fighter it's a great game at the sale price.

Sonic Adventure 2 was a bad game when it came out and it hasn't gotten any more bearable with time.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree here...Sonic Adventure was a bad game...Sonic Adventure 2 was AWESOME!

I Question any 3D Sonic game as "good" in this day and age, though I remember even first time playing Sonic Adventure 2 that the Knuckles/bat with boobs and Tails/Eggman levels were exceptionally terrible. Only saving grace that everyone can agree on is the Chao Garden.

[quote name='wEEman33']Sonic Adventure 2 was a bad game when it came out and it hasn't gotten any more bearable with time.[/QUOTE]

Stop that, SA2 is pretty all right. The GOTTAGOFAST Sonic/Shadow levels are awesome as hell, and the robot and treasure hunting levels are tolerable. And no other games have ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND, GOT PLACES TO GO GOTTA FO~LLOW MY RA~INBOW.

gotta disagree with VC5 showdown there is entirely too much DLC to make that worthwhile if my math is right there is about 10,000 points in DLC for this game

and SA2 was great back in the day and i wouldnt mind replaying it. the story is probably the stand out sonic game with a story that isnt full of complete and total cheese, crap, and terrible one liners and the plot has a little more than stop eggman to it as well as a good ending. the level design is pretty good if i have to say so.

the songs are terrible more specifically the knuckles rap songs

The DLC for VF5 is merely just costumes and doesn't take or add anything to the gameplay itself. If you're playing a fighting game merely for costumes then you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I have to disagree here...Sonic Adventure was a bad game...Sonic Adventure 2 was AWESOME![/QUOTE]

I'll disagree with your disagreement, Sonic Adventure was great for its time. Except the Big the Cat levels ofcourse.

[quote name='kayne2000']gotta disagree with VC5 showdown there is entirely too much DLC to make that worthwhile if my math is right there is about 10,000 points in DLC for this game[/QUOTE]

And all of the DLC is superficial costumes so none of it matters.

The core game is all you need. At $7 it's a steal. Easily the best 3D fighter on the system.

[quote name='kayne2000']gotta disagree with VC5 showdown there is entirely too much DLC to make that worthwhile if my math is right there is about 10,000 points in DLC for this game

and SA2 was great back in the day and i wouldnt mind replaying it. the story is probably the stand out sonic game with a story that isnt full of complete and total cheese, crap, and terrible one liners and the plot has a little more than stop eggman to it as well as a good ending. the level design is pretty good if i have to say so.

the songs are terrible more specifically the knuckles rap songs[/QUOTE]
Your math is missing logic, as spending 10,000 points on VF5S DLC means you somehow bought all of the individual costume packs along with the bundles so that you'd end up buying everything twice. I'd guess that most rational people would first look at what's offered before deciding what to buy.

Looking ahead to tuesday, what toy soldiers and cold war dlcs are worth purchasing? I dont have enough points for them all and I still need to buy the original toy soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back