XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've played through the game 2.5 times (the XBLA version) and have never had an issue with this. Sometimes I think people just don't read and press buttons and then get pissed off at the developer. If you pay attention and be careful when you're saving your game, I highly doubt you'll have a problem. I'm not saying there can't be an issue every once in awhile. But the idea that it's so widespread like this thread has made it seem over the past 24 hours is absurd. Most of the time, it's an operator malfunction.[/QUOTE]

many people have had this issue with walking dead including me

never had it with any other game and i've played countless games

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Forgive me, but it's really rude and ignorant of you to say things like that simply because you didn't personally experience any glitch like that. There's a whole forum full of people with the same problem (Telltale's forums) and others in this thread that had the same issue, and yet you want to be rude and act like we're all idiots who don't know how to play a simple game.

I'll have you know that I made sure to start at Episode 3 when I started my game up, thank you. Again, there are plenty of others who can say they've had the exact same problem.

Simply put, go be condescending elsewhere if you want to be negative and have nothing to contribute towards the problem.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know what to tell you then. I guess God just loves me more than he loves you, lol. Geez, people. Settle down. I just saw a lot of people making it sound like it was some unavoidable glitch just waiting to happen, and throwing a lot of undeserved hate at a really great game. I paid full price for every episode and enjoyed the hell out of the game. Not buying it for less than half price because of the possibility of a bug is crazy.

Can someone sell me either way (un-sell?) on The Walking Dead episodes 2 and up, particularly if I've already been VERY gluttonous with games in general this December (not to mention this sale), and am torn between TWD episodes and the Skyrim DLC, AND have limited points? (All that in one sentence.)

-B

[quote name='Abbadon74']Can someone sell me either way (un-sell?) on The Walking Dead episodes 2 and up, particularly if I've already been VERY gluttonous with games in general this December (not to mention this sale), and am torn between TWD episodes and the Skyrim DLC, AND have limited points? (All that in one sentence.)

-B[/QUOTE]

i think most people were sold or unsold by their first 15 minutes with episode one or so, so you could do that :p

[quote name='bardockkun']I Look forward to buying it when it's half off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Me to. No offense to the deveoper/publisher but the game has been delayed forever and was free for PSN+ members. If It's released at 1200pts I would totally balk at it. 800pts is still iffy, but they really need to come down in price for making us wait so long.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine it will be 1200, to match up with with the PSN and PC price. But no matter the price, you're both right in waiting for a sale. It's a funny and unique game, but the gameplay is lacking to the point where the game actually became boring. I paid $10 for it on the PSN trade thread when it first came out, and that felt like a little bit much.

[quote name='MWB']600 is not a typical price point for XBLA games. It's more than likely a temporary sale price, although it probably needs a permanent drop to 800.[/QUOTE]

600 is very unusual for a normal price, but Faery: Legends of Avalon actually had a permanent price drop to 600 MSP just a couple months ago. So it is possible.

[quote name='gotdott']i think most people were sold or unsold by their first 15 minutes with episode one or so, so you could do that :p[/QUOTE]

This is probably very accurate. Play a little bit of episode 1 and you'll see exactly what the game is like, and then you can decide if you want to spend 800MSP and 5-10 hours on a game like that.

[quote name='Abbadon74']Can someone sell me either way (un-sell?) on The Walking Dead episodes 2 and up, particularly if I've already been VERY gluttonous with games in general this December (not to mention this sale), and am torn between TWD episodes and the Skyrim DLC, AND have limited points? (All that in one sentence.)

-B[/QUOTE]

The amount of hand-holding needed in this thread is ridiculous.

-B[/QUOTE]

I don't think gameplay will have anything to do with it. If you think you want to play an interactive zombie survival tale then go for it. Most people who are into that sort of thing seem to enjoy the game.

[quote name='MWB']The amount of hand-holding needed in this thread is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

One could also say the amount of rude people who can't simply put someone on ignore and instead choose to make obnoxious remarks about them is ridiculous.

It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

i got a question. how does one go about bringing their saved game data over to another xbox? for example i recovered my gamertag on my friends xbox so i could play minecraft. i thought once i had recovered my gamertag on his console i would be able to play my created worlds that i saved. howeverthis was not the case. nothing was there. sorry if this question seems dumb.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']i got a question. how does one go about bringing their saved game data over to another xbox? for example i recovered my gamertag on my friends xbox so i could play minecraft. i thought once i had recovered my gamertag on his console i would be able to play my created worlds that i saved. howeverthis was not the case. nothing was there. sorry if this question seems dumb.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about this but I think you need to save your minecraft game data to the cloud. Or a usb stick.

FYI, you can pick up BK: Nuts N Bolts for $10 Pre-owned on Retail. Heres hoping Cars 2 hits 800 and im buying most of tonights/tomorrows deals.

[quote name='bajingo']Splatters up for 200, nuts and bolts for 800. Cag opinions on splatters? Fun or frustrating[/QUOTE]

Fun enough. Feels a little bit like a touchscreen based phone game, but for 200 MSP it's easily worth it.

Also, AVATAR AWARDS!!!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']wow, 200 msp for crazy taxi? This one I have to think about. No ads, or classic music def. affect my decision.[/QUOTE]

For 200 MSP I'm thinking about rebuying (I won it for PSN when it came out), mostly for AVATAR AWARDS!!! but you have to play 5 and 10 hours to unlock them, which kind of sucks. I hate requirements like that.

Wow, apparently "Crash of the Titans" is a Crash Bandicoot game? I had no idea this game existed. I was confused, thought that Crash of the Titans was the sequel to Clash of the Titans, and we were getting a game based on that movie.

Anyways, what the hell is Crash of the Titans and is it any good? Looks like it's down to $9.99.

Oh man...well crazy taxi and splatters both hit the price I said I would buy them at. (I made up my mind to hold to certain prices as long as I will actually play the game once in a while)

Good news about Toy story as I was planning on getting that at 800 but was hoping nuts and bolts would have been half off to make it 600. We'll see. Probably a pass. Now to make the decision on the walking dead....

[quote name='cancerman1120']So are we going to retire this thread at the start of the new year. Start with that new thread smell on Jan 1? :)[/QUOTE]

I would like to see a new thread started by someone who will maintain it by them self. Right now I'd say the obvious frontrunner would be Cornelius, since he already does a shit-ton of working maintaining the current OP.

[quote name='MWB']The amount of hand-holding needed in this thread is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I wouldn't put it quite like that, but it is funny to me that so many people come to this thread for recommendations and opinions when in many cases they could discover a lot by... drum roll, please... downloading the demo.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']wow, 200 msp for crazy taxi? This one I have to think about. No ads, or classic music def. affect my decision.[/QUOTE]

Offspring = classic music ???? :shock:

[quote name='tylerh1701']I would like to see a new thread started by someone who will maintain it by them self. Right now I'd say the obvious frontrunner would be Cornelius, since he already does a shit-ton of working maintaining the current OP.[/QUOTE]

I second that nomination - though I have no issue whatsoever with reddjoey retaining the throne - but if someone else decides to adopt the thread as his/her own and doesn't make it a wiki thread... bye!

[quote name='ooga']Offspring = classic music ???? :shock:[/QUOTE]

Well in this case, yes. Or should I say...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

[quote name='sweatysides']FYI, you can pick up BK: Nuts N Bolts for $10 Pre-owned on Retail. Heres hoping Cars 2 hits 800 and im buying most of tonights/tomorrows deals.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that BK was released in a 2 disc pack with Viva Pinata as a 360 console bundle and can be found for $10-15. Both games and manuals are original discs, only the case is shared.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Don't forget that BK was released in a 2 disc pack with Viva Pinata as a 360 console bundle and can be found for $10-15. Both games and manuals are original discs, only the case is shared.[/QUOTE]

There's two games that really get overlooked by the "hardcore" crowd. Viva Pinata is a fantastic game, and Banjo is a pretty good vehicle building platformer. I have spent way to much time playing Viva Pinata in the past though.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I second that nomination - though I have no issue whatsoever with reddjoey retaining the throne - but if someone else decides to adopt the thread as his/her own and doesn't make it a wiki thread... bye!

Why did Reddjoey stop in the first place?

[[quote name='dark_inchworm']I second that nomination - though I have no issue whatsoever with reddjoey retaining the throne - but if someone else decides to adopt the thread as his/her own and doesn't make it a wiki thread... bye!

Why did Reddjoey stop in the first place?[/QUOTE]

School. I haven't seen him post in months, but he must stop by at least once a week to change the title of the thread. Although this week looks like he's a little behind.

I'd love for him to come back, I think he did a great job. But as far as I can tell, that won't be happening any time soon.

[quote name='sickman']
Why did Reddjoey stop in the first place?[/QUOTE]

School. I haven't seen him post in months, but he must stop by at least once a week to change the title of the thread. Although this week looks like he's a little behind.

I'd love for him to come back, I think he did a great job. But as far as I can tell, that won't be happening any time soon.

[quote name='Barry Burton']many people have had this issue with walking dead including me

never had it with any other game and i've played countless games[/QUOTE]

Hearing some CAGs had the glitches of different kind happen to them as well as reading the horror stories ( maybe slight exaggerated but still ) on the Telltale forums made me decide to put off buying TWD on XBLA or getting the retail version on the XBOX system, even at half off from this sale. From what I am reading, all platforms are having their own problems but it seems both the retail and digital 360 versions were hit with the most problems. And with my luck, I'll probably end up getting glitched. ( I usually end up with the short end of the stick. )

If Telltale game was trying something to fix it, then I might be inclined to go ahead and buy it and then wait for a fix. But reading the Telltale mods posts, it seems that they aren't working on a real patch, but rather trying to look for workarounds, which may or may not work for all people. If some of you guys are still on the fence about purchasing TWD because of these issues, I suggest going to Telltale game forums and reading about it before making a decision.

Might grab The Splatters just so I can get one more sales item. So, the first falls on a Tuesday. I hope they bring in the new year with something cool. Maybe even sneak it in on the loser prizes for Scratch and Match. Something awesome, like Mega Man 9 for 400 points awesome.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, I don't know what to tell you then. I guess God just loves me more than he loves you, lol. Geez, people. Settle down. I just saw a lot of people making it sound like it was some unavoidable glitch just waiting to happen, and throwing a lot of undeserved hate at a really great game. I paid full price for every episode and enjoyed the hell out of the game. Not buying it for less than half price because of the possibility of a bug is crazy.[/QUOTE]

If a game isn't working for someone, that's not undeserved hate. It's a statement of fact about a bug that makes the product a non-starter for some percentage of users. I think TWD is getting enough love already that it doesn't need any from people that have payed for it and can't play it.

RE: Nuts & Bolts. It's an excellent game and well worth pulling the trigger on, unless you actually have the Viva-Pinata double pack in hand. Would be a shame to let it go forgotten due to good intentions on that disc and a holiday backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']To me, Offspring is Crazy Taxi. It's not the same without it.[/QUOTE]

1. Turn off music in game
2. Play The Offspring on your phone/computer/mp3 player

Problem solved

[quote name='vlv723']1. Turn off music in game

Problem solved[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're preaching to the choir. I did this ages ago. ;)

If I try to redeem a product I already own on xbox.com, does "You already own this product" mean it's still valid? If I tried to redeem a key that was already used, it would say "This key has already been used" correct?

I'm asking to double-check before I send off some Halo 4 codes. I've been burned in digital trading, and I really want to make sure these codes are still valid before I send them.

[quote name='vlv723']1. Turn off music in game

Problem solved[/QUOTE]

Or better yet, put The Offspring on a flash drive/your HD/etc. and just play it from your 360 during the game. I never played Crazy Taxi when it was in its prime (and believe me, I got plenty of flak from my friends for owning a Dreamcast and not buying Crazy Taxi), so I plan on making a playlist of the original game's OST on a flash drive and playing it in-game through my 360. :D

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Or better yet, put The Offspring on a flash drive/your HD/etc. and just play it from your 360 during the game. I never played Crazy Taxi when it was in its prime (and believe me, I got plenty of flak from my friends for owning a Dreamcast and not buying Crazy Taxi), so I plan on making a playlist of the original game's OST on a flash drive and playing it in-game through my 360. :D[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is what you do. It's not exactly the same yes, and it doesn't stop and rotate to the other songs, unless you have the OST, but having it stop at the end of stage and all of that was part of the allure.

They still have an arcade sit down cabinet of CT at my local Movie Theater, so it's nice hearing "YA YA YA YA YAH!" occasionally. xD

Considering the 25th anniversary of Mega Man was recent (coupled with the holiday sale), I'm surprised there has not been a sale with either Mega Man game :(

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, apparently "Crash of the Titans" is a Crash Bandicoot game? I had no idea this game existed. I was confused, thought that Crash of the Titans was the sequel to Clash of the Titans, and we were getting a game based on that movie.

Anyways, what the hell is Crash of the Titans and is it any good? Looks like it's down to $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought exactly the same thing as you did.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Considering the 25th anniversary of Mega Man was recent (coupled with the holiday sale), I'm surprised there has not been a sale with either Mega Man game :([/QUOTE]
But it doesn't have the name Street Fighter or Resident Evil in the title. Why would Capcom even bat an eye towards it?

And Crazy Taxi for 200 was my buy point so it is bought. Just wish Cars 2 was 800 points as well.

[quote name='karekano126']Hearing some CAGs had the glitches of different kind happen to them as well as reading the horror stories ( maybe slight exaggerated but still ) on the Telltale forums made me decide to put off buying TWD on XBLA or getting the retail version on the XBOX system, even at half off from this sale. From what I am reading, all platforms are having their own problems but it seems both the retail and digital 360 versions were hit with the most problems. And with my luck, I'll probably end up getting glitched. ( I usually end up with the short end of the stick. )

If Telltale game was trying something to fix it, then I might be inclined to go ahead and buy it and then wait for a fix. But reading the Telltale mods posts, it seems that they aren't working on a real patch, but rather trying to look for workarounds, which may or may not work for all people. If some of you guys are still on the fence about purchasing TWD because of these issues, I suggest going to Telltale game forums and reading about it before making a decision.[/QUOTE]

the glitches aren't that bad, don't miss out on this amazing story and characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back