XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also love to grab Zeno Clash for 400msp. This might mean a Atlus sale, which would more likely include Zeno Clash, Trine 2, Rock of Ages and maybe a Catherine GoD discount? But Trine 2 and Rock of Ages were literally just on sale, so maybe not.

[quote name='sicsonic']I thought Zeno Clash was 200 semi-recently?[/QUOTE]

The lowest it's been is 600 about a year and a half ago.

Hmm, ok. I guess I'm wrong on that one, though I swear I'm usually good at remembering what's games have dropped to what, haha.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']well I'm just saying there is talk of it being the GOTY and I believe it won it on the VGA. For me its very good but yeah not GOTY (i'd give that to Halo 4 probably)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same here. Granted, I've only finished Episode 2 but I didn't find it to be nearly as good as Episode 1. (It also seemed a bit unpolished from the first episode but that might just be the large gap in when I played them. I got episode 1 when it released. Everything else I waited for a sale on.)

Prices are slowly reverting back to normal, specially including Oblivion/Skyrim GoD prices. Posting some of the weekly specials now, but someone's going to have fun Tuesday morning axe'ing half of the OP! :)

[quote name='Cornelius']Prices are slowly reverting back to normal, specially including Oblivion/Skyrim GoD prices. Posting some of the weekly specials now, but someone's going to have fun Tuesday morning axe'ing half of the OP! :)[/QUOTE]

Almost done with my edits ... decided all the daily specials could go, since they're already noted as "deals you missed" in the Dashboard. :whistle2:(

Decided last-minute to grab Bully. I have 0 points in my account now. D:

Final list of wonderz:

Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Rock of Ages
The Walking Dead: Episodes 1-5
Rock Band 3
Bully
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice, and Not So Nice DLC

Yikes, I spent 11,120 MSP in December. Microsoft has really stepped up its game lately. Is anyone else regretting not getting more from the Target sale/goof? I thought I'd be set well into the next generation at the time.

Scratch & Match:

Puzzle Quest Galactrix - 800 (50% off)
Puzzle Quest 2 - 400 (50% off)
Puzzle Quest - 400 (50% off)

[quote name='sicsonic']Scratch & Match:

Puzzle Quest Galactrix - 800 (50% off)
Puzzle Quest 2 - 400 (50% off)
Puzzle Quest - 400 (50% off)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, got 'em! :)

[quote name='Cornelius']Almost done with my edits ... decided all the daily specials could go, since they're already noted as "deals you missed" in the Dashboard. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

All done with my edits ... have at it!

My haul, nothing spectacular. Used Bing points, so they we're all free. :)

Dust: An Elysian Tail™
Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise
RAW
Rock of Ages
The Walking Dead (Ep 1 only, getting disc later)
Trine 2
Zuma's Revenge!

just picked up Bully since it was still cheap. Regret not getting Oblivion, am considering NBA Jam and Blitz but then I realize for 200 more MSP I coulda had Oblivion and its infinite more play time

Only picked up Dust on this sale since I will get Mark of the Ninja through Steam instead at a later date (my backlog is enormous) so I can use a PS3 controller instead. Besides, I only have a 20GB hard drive.

Have to decide on Sine Mora (and Akai Katana for that matter) yet and will wait for an Ikaruga / WO3 DLC / Catan (which I know I missed in November) sale.

[quote name='rockykai']Only picked up Dust on this sale since I will get Mark of the Ninja through Steam instead at a later date (my backlog is enormous) so I can use a PS3 controller instead. Besides, I only have a 20GB hard drive.

Have to decide on Sine Mora (and Akai Katana for that matter) yet and will wait for an Ikaruga / WO3 DLC / Catan (which I know I missed in November) sale.[/QUOTE]
You also missed Catan 2 weeks ago in the scratch and match loser deals

Just got Dust, Fez, & all the Walking Dead episodes.

Also, go to Chain Reaction in the S&S+ app & the first "offer" is a free Toy Soldiers Toy Biplane prop.

[quote name='irafreak']You also missed Catan 2 weeks ago in the scratch and match loser deals[/QUOTE]

Ack, that stinks. Oh well - I didn't even think to look at that. Thanks though!

It shouldn't be hard to wait out for some sort of deal on them all.

I tried the NFL Blitz demo not too long ago but didn't really care for it. I'll give the Madden arcade game a shot, but these days I think I prefer the singular nature of experiences like Backbreaker Vengeance over traditional football affair. I'll try the demo for the NHL game too, and it looks like Diabolical Pitch got an price drop (?) so I'll try that demo too.

Didn't see it mentioned, but Diabolical Pitch is half off as well, I'd assume it's the Kinect deal of the week. I think a few of us Kinect users have been waiting for it to hit half off. Also, it has Avatar Awards. :)

I can also easily recommend Blitz for 50% off. Really fun game, even if the single player content is a little bit lacking. NBA Jam is great too, and has a better single player setup IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder, if you own a 3DS or DS, Puzzle Quest Galactrix is $1.99 used at Gamestop. If you don't it's finally at a reasonable price on Xbox as it is pretty darn good if you like the Puzzle Quest formula.

[quote name='Zonic505']Just got Dust, Fez, & all the Walking Dead episodes.

Also, go to Chain Reaction in the S&S+ app & the first "offer" is a free Toy Soldiers Toy Biplane prop.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, always love free Avatar stuff!

[quote name='ooga']Picked up the crappy hockey game just because it's 200 msp.

Is the Skyrim DLC sale over? I was going to pick up Dawnguard and it was just 800 when I looked, tried to purchase and got an error.

I enjoyed Galactrix because it changes up the puzzle mechanic quite a bit, but they sort of shot themselves in the foot with how much you need to do the hacking puzzles just to get around. I don't understand how that game is still $20 on XBLA if the others are $10.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I enjoyed Galactrix because it changes up the puzzle mechanic quite a bit, but they sort of shot themselves in the foot with how much you need to do the hacking puzzles just to get around. I don't understand how that game is still $20 on XBLA if the others are $10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'd buy it blind it if was normally $10 and $5 on sale, but since it's not I'm gonna check out the demo. I'll probably still end up getting it.

Also, I noticed Frogger and Deep Black are still on sale. DAMN! I was hoping these would have expired already so I wouldn't be tempted by them...

WTF, two weeks in a row without Major Nelson updating Dotw's? It's the first time it happened (since I have the Xbox360). Do you guys think that's weird, or it has happened before?

Maybe he won't update them anymore to avoid all the bitching from users? :lol:

[quote name='Crono-00']Even I enjoyed the XBLA Dragon's Lair when it was up for 400MSP; I even played it way past its time (never played it back when it was in actual arcades) and that stands as one of my favorite Kinect games (up there with Child of Eden, Mass Effect 3, Halo Anniversary, and Forza Horizon) even for just being an interactive movie like The Walking Dead games. ^^[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong, I also like interactive movies such as Dragon's Lair, and TWD games are very good, and it gets better with every new chapter. It's just that I find that they have very little of "game" and very much of "movie" to be considered the best game of the year. It has so much of movie that I wouldn't ever say one of them is GOTY, and say it's MOTY instead xDDDDD

But hey! to each their own. I have nothing against developers that do them, since if the story is good I will play them with no problem at all.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Also, I noticed Frogger and Deep Black are still on sale. DAMN! I was hoping these would have expired already so I wouldn't be tempted by them...[/QUOTE]

Deep Black is 800 msp

[quote name='E.Nich']WTF, two weeks in a row without Major Nelson updating Dotw's? It's the first time it happened (since I have the Xbox360). Do you guys think that's weird, or it has happened before?

Maybe he won't update them anymore to avoid all the bitching from users? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

He used to update it randomly. There wasn't really any consistency to his updates so I'm guessing you're really new. He's been updating fairly regularly for a few months, but I don't even think he made it the last 6 months without missing at least a few weeks.

[quote name='E.Nich']WTF, two weeks in a row without Major Nelson updating Dotw's? It's the first time it happened (since I have the Xbox360). Do you guys think that's weird, or it has happened before?

Maybe he won't update them anymore to avoid all the bitching from users? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Considering the last two Tuesdays have been Christmas Day and New Year's Day, I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'd bet we'll get an update next Tuesday, especially since the New Releases schedule should start kicking back in.

[quote name='ooga']Deep Black is 800 msp[/QUOTE]

Yup. Looks like it just switched back.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']He used to update it randomly. There wasn't really any consistency to his updates so I'm guessing you're really new. He's been updating fairly regularly for a few months, but I don't even think he made it the last 6 months without missing at least a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't think he's missed a Tuesday update (before last week) for at least a year or more. He's gotten really good at posting them every Tuesday morning.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Haha it's definitely not a crappy game. It and Madden Arcade are fun games, and even more fun if you have someone to play with.
[/QUOTE]

I considered picking up the Madden game for the achievements, but I suck at multiplayer games and most of these achievements require beating people online. So I'm passing.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']He used to update it randomly. There wasn't really any consistency to his updates so I'm guessing you're really new. He's been updating fairly regularly for a few months, but I don't even think he made it the last 6 months without missing at least a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Considering the last two Tuesdays have been Christmas Day and New Year's Day, I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'd bet we'll get an update next Tuesday, especially since the New Releases schedule should start kicking back in.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. Yup, I only have a Xbox 360 for about little more than a year, but in all that time he hasn't missed a single Dotw.

We have Spylon's site, but Major updated us for two whole weeks, and that is better to plan how to waste MS points xDD

[quote name='ray2dee']Guess I'll do NBA Jam.....can't go wrong for 600 point[/QUOTE]

This is just a reminder, if you have a PS3 it's part of the instant game collection starting today.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hmmm the Puzzle Quest games are tempting. Both worth 400? If you only got 1 which would it be?[/QUOTE]

Puzzle Quest 1 for sure. Best PSP game of all time.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hmmm the Puzzle Quest games are tempting. Both worth 400? If you only got 1 which would it be?[/QUOTE]

Both are worth it. If you want to only get one, the first is better but harder.

[quote name='panda911']Puzzle Quest 1 for sure. Best PSP game of all time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']Both are worth it. If you want to only get one, the first is better but harder.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tried the Demo of the first one and liked it but I still might get both at that price since I held off on Skyrim DLC.

From the holiday sale my haul was:

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Zuma's Revenge!
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space
Jet Set Radio
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Fez
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Sonic Adventure 2
Mark of the Ninja
Trine 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Deadlight
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire

I would've grabbed all the Fruit Ninja Kinect DLC at half off, as well as Backbreaker, but I forgot about both. Slightly upset I missed Backbreaker, I've been waiting for it to go on sale, but I just lost track of which day it was. Oh well..

Definitely glad I stocked up on Target Black Friday points, but unfortunately they're are gone now...

This week I'm going to pick up NFL Blitz, and nothing else. The puzzle quest games don't really interest me.

Hmm, NBA Jam and Blitz are on sale, I'm tempted, but I kinda feel I can wait until 800 points markdown now and then wait until they're discounted off at that price.

1 and 2 were just on sale a few weeks ago, so there was a decent amount of discussion about them then. The consensus seems to be that 1 is quite a bit better (which I personally think as well) but both are worth 400 if you like that type of game.

The gameplay is addictive on an unreal level. I love Puzzle Quest.

Does anybody have any thoughts on Puzzle Quest Galactrix? I have Puzzle Quest and Puzzle Quest 2 from prior XBLA sales, but I think this is the first time I have seen Galactrix at any sort of discount from its normal price. Would love to hear some feedback - the 50% discount is nice, but 800 MSP is a bit on the pricier side of XBLA.

[quote name='fei33']Does anybody have any thoughts on Puzzle Quest Galactrix? I have Puzzle Quest and Puzzle Quest 2 from prior XBLA sales, but I think this is the first time I have seen Galactrix at any sort of discount from its normal price. Would love to hear some feedback - the 50% discount is nice, but 800 MSP is a bit on the pricier side of XBLA.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10346402&postcount=5319

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back