XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they took MLB Bobblehead Pros down without it ever getting discounted. I was a huge fan of the series but never bought the add on content since it was just as much as the main game at 800 points. Now i regret it since the only way to edit players was through that MLB Bobblehead Stars add on. I wish Microsoft would post somewhere before they take games down to give people a chance to buy stuff before it is taken down for good.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I can't believe they took MLB Bobblehead Pros down without it ever getting discounted. I was a huge fan of the series but never bought the add on content since it was just as much as the main game at 800 points. Now i regret it since the only way to edit players was through that MLB Bobblehead Stars add on. I wish Microsoft would post somewhere before they take games down to give people a chance to buy stuff before it is taken down for good.[/QUOTE]

They took it down?

Well, fuck.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I can't believe they took MLB Bobblehead Pros down without it ever getting discounted. I was a huge fan of the series but never bought the add on content since it was just as much as the main game at 800 points. Now i regret it since the only way to edit players was through that MLB Bobblehead Stars add on. I wish Microsoft would post somewhere before they take games down to give people a chance to buy stuff before it is taken down for good.[/QUOTE]

They took it down? Oh shit, I got lucky on that one. I bought the game during one of the Xbox Rewards promos that involved sports games. Part of me had a feeling that, with a major license like MLB, the chances of it disappearing were pretty high.

I didn't buy any of the add-ons either, but I don't think I'll regret that at all.

Pretty big 2k sale showing up on my dashboard. 4 pages :D

Page 1: borderlands stuff

Page 2: Bioshock stuff

Page 3: Mafia stuff

Page 4:leftovers

Oh, and DotW Future Soldier DLC.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']whats the left overs?[/QUOTE]

Duke Nukem Forever (GoD) - $19.99 ($10.00 off) - LOL
Civilization Revolution (GoD) - $29.99 ($10.00 off)
NBA 2k12 Legends Showcase DLC - 800 (400 off) - Is that right?
Axel & Pixel - 200 (600 off)
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - 200 (600 off)

PB Winterbottom is DEFINITELY worth 200 if you don't have it.

I'll most likely bite on Axel & Pixel, don't think I've seen it at 200.

^Aside from that, it's just the usual Bioshock/Mafia/Borderlands content. Doesn't look to be any new discounts or anything. I haven't played Mafia II in years, but how is the DLC? I always wanted to play Joe's Adventure.

[quote name='sicsonic']
[/QUOTE]

I think everyone should pick up these without even trial'd them. Amazing prices. ;)

[quote name='BUTTON_sMASHER']Pretty big 2k sale showing up on my dashboard. 4 pages :D
Page 1: borderlands stuff
Page 2: Bioshock stuff
Page 3: Mafia stuff
Page 4:leftovers
Oh, and DotW Future Soldier DLC.[/QUOTE]

Aw heck, the wife's out of town, and I'm between jobs ... I volunteer to attack the OP monster! :lol:

To keep you entertained ...

duke-nukem1.jpg

[quote name='Sath666']I think everyone should pick up these without even trial'd them. Amazing prices. ;)[/QUOTE]

If you had to pick one...which one? Just out of curiosity...Leaning towards Axel & Pixel. Seems interesting...something new and different.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']If you had to pick one...which one? Just out of curiosity...Leaning towards Axel & Pixel. Seems interesting...something new and different.[/QUOTE]

Probably i would get Axel & Pixel, but at this price Winterbottom is a steal. It's pretty good.

Sales & Specials+ app

Pool Nation - 400msp (was 800)
Scarygirl - 400msp (was 800)
Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

I'll go with Pool Nation. :D

I went ahead and picked up Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom. At 200 msp it really is a no-brainer. Also grabbed the mechromancer for B2. :applause:

All done in the OP ... and wouldn't you know it ... Spylon kick-started his scraper while I was doing the edit! :)

I'll call it an evening for now, and let others grab the share'able BB-code from http://www.xbldb.com , plus add the S&S+ app (otherwise I can throw those in quickly). Without going back to the Dashboard, it was difficult to determine if a couple of the GoD markdowns are either Kinect sales or simply permanent drops, but that's splitting hairs.

I'll probably later add links to the "Mafia II Director's Cut" from http://www.play-asia.com, since $32 is still a good price for getting all that DLC merged into the game, and the disc is region-free ... which is good, because Amazon's already dropped the product (whereas it used to be Amazon-exclusive).

Looks like the mechromancer pack was a goof, as its already listed as expired on spylon's page. =/ Several tempting prices with the S&S app and the 200 MSP games... dotw may be a snooze, but there's other places for my points to go... decisions decisions...

edit: strange. xbldb shows the mechromancer as expired, but it's still showing as 400 on xbox.com... need to make that decision quick i guess.

[quote name='Sath666']Probably i would get Axel & Pixel, but at this price Winterbottom is a steal. It's pretty good.

Sales & Specials+ app

Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

I'll go with Pool Nation. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning toward Scarygirl, the demo was pretty interesting but reviews have been quite polarizing all around... has anyone already bought it? Does the wonderful Burton-esque atmosphere holds up till the end or fades away after a bit (like Limbo does... yeah, I loved that game, but wasn't particularly fond of the later "mechanical" levels)? Also, is it long enough (i.e. 4-5 hours at least, contingent collectibles excluded)?

[quote name='Ciffy']Looks like the mechromancer pack was a goof, as its already listed as expired on spylon's page. =/ Several tempting prices with the S&S app and the 200 MSP games... dotw may be a snooze, but there's other places for my points to go... decisions decisions...

edit: strange. xbldb shows the mechromancer as expired, but it's still showing as 400 on xbox.com... need to make that decision quick i guess.[/QUOTE]

Still 400 on the dashboard

[quote name='Sath666']Probably i would get Axel & Pixel, but at this price Winterbottom is a steal. It's pretty good.

Sales & Specials+ app

Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

Nice, some decent deals there, in for Pool Nation and Scarygirl.

Grabbed the Mechromancer pack as well.

[quote name='Ciffy']Looks like the mechromancer pack was a goof, as its already listed as expired on spylon's page. =/ Several tempting prices with the S&S app and the 200 MSP games... dotw may be a snooze, but there's other places for my points to go... decisions decisions...

edit: strange. xbldb shows the mechromancer as expired, but it's still showing as 400 on xbox.com... need to make that decision quick i guess.[/QUOTE]

she's the cover tile for the sale and has a tile on page 1 of the sale... i don't think its a mistake

Wow Civilization on sale for 800! Up until this very moment I'd been kicking myself for taking too long to decide to buy it last time it was on sale for 1200!
Edit: appears the op is wrong as spylon's site shows a lousy 1600...

Anyone knows for how long these 200 MSP prices are going to last?
I would love to buy Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom but I have to wait till the end of the week to pull the trigger.

[quote name='johnpap']Anyone knows for how long these 200 MSP prices are going to last?
I would love to buy Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom but I have to wait till the end of the week to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Same here but I'm confident, as Marketplace deals usually last from Tuesday to Tuesday, so we should both be able to rack up some points during the weekend and score our targets :)

[quote name='sicsonic']
[/QUOTE]

Damn, already have both of them, and I paid significantly more than 200 msp.
Alex & Pixel is a fantastic game. A steal at this price. Winterbottom was very visually interesting, I think I played it for 5 minutes before I moved on to something else. That's not saying it's not a good game, I just wanted to play something less "puzzly" at the time.

[quote name='irafreak']Wow Civilization on sale for 800! Up until this very moment I'd been kicking myself for taking too long to decide to buy it last time it was on sale for 1200!
Edit: appears the op is wrong as spylon's site shows a lousy 1600...[/QUOTE]

It's still very much worth it even at 1600 points. It's not as engrossing as the PC version, but it's a pretty decent experience for a console.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sales & Specials+ app

Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

SCARYGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXRlXawObfQ

[quote name='tylerh1701']SCARYGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/QUOTE]

I can never understand all the clamoring for this game. The demo was pretty crappy I thought. There's a reason they dropped the price so soon after it's release.

[quote name='ooga']I can never understand all the clamoring for this game. The demo was pretty crappy I thought. There's a reason they dropped the price so soon after it's release.[/QUOTE]

I've just been waiting for so long! I really enjoy platformers, enjoyed the demo, and enjoy the art style. There were never any codes to trade for on the trade thread, and add to that the fact that Europe got it on sale forever ago, but that sale never made it over to the States. It slowly became my XBLA white whale. (my 2nd one, my first one was Symphony of the Night because I passed on it like 3.5 years ago because there were like 20 good games on sale and so SotN was the odd man out. I remember justifying it to myself that "the graphics looked to crappy". It didn't go on sale for another year or so, it slowly became my first white whale).

So today is kind of a big day in my book. :)

EDIT: Here are 6 posts of mine from this thread where I mention Scarygirl.

Mecromancer definitely worth 400 points. Playing as her right now and it is tons of fun. Very unique skill trees and playing the Ordered Chaos tree changes the game up.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Mecromancer definitely worth 400 points. Playing as her right now and it is tons of fun. Very unique skill trees and playing the Ordered Chaos tree changes the game up.[/QUOTE]

My only concern about the Mechromancer class is that I assume she doesn't have a class-specific Achievement, unlike the other classes. Is that correct?

Already got Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom for 400 some time ago...same for Swarm for 200 and Scraygirl 400 the last time it was on sale...sooo Pool Nation already dropped the price..don't know if I go for it..still have bankshot billiards 2 untouched hum

[quote name='eastx']My only concern about the Mechromancer class is that I assume she doesn't have a class-specific Achievement, unlike the other classes. Is that correct?[/QUOTE]

That is correct, and an unfortunate missed opportunity.

Picked up the Mechromancer DLC for BL2, also bought the season pass over Christmas and yet I still need to get the actual game!

Might get Winterbottom, Axel & Pixel, and maybe Swarm since they are pretty cheap and will trial 'em but everything else is meh.

[quote name='ooga']Time to find yourself another white whale then. ;)
How about the Puzzle Quest DLC?[/QUOTE]

My white whale is Galaga Legions DX. It's been on sale twice on PSN and I passed the first time and spaced out and missed it again just a couple weeks ago. It's insane it hasn't seen a discount yet on XBLA.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']My white whale is Galaga Legions DX. It's been on sale twice on PSN and I passed the first time and spaced out and missed it again just a couple weeks ago. It's insane it hasn't seen a discount yet on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

I have it, but I don't remember if I picked it up on sale or for full price. From your comment I am going to assume I paid full price for it. There was a period where I had a seemingly endless amount of points so I bought everything out there. :)

[quote name='sicsonic']Duke Nukem Forever (GoD) - $19.99 ($10.00 off) - LOL
Civilization Revolution (GoD) - $29.99 ($10.00 off)
NBA 2k12 Legends Showcase DLC - 800 (400 off) - Is that right?

PB Winterbottom is DEFINITELY worth 200 if you don't have it.

I'll most likely bite on Axel & Pixel, don't think I've seen it at 200.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sath666']I think everyone should pick up these without even trial'd them. Amazing prices. ;)[/QUOTE]

I couldn't possibly recommend Winterbottom more. I bought it for 800 right when it came out (probably about 4 months after I got an Xbox, I had no idea what CAG was at the time) and it's a really fun but never overly-challenging puzzler. 200 MSP is a killer deal.

As for Axel & Pixel, I've passed on it so many times at 400, looks like that decision finally paid off. I think I'll grab it for 200 MSP, espeically considering all the praise it has gotten in this thread.

Sales & Specials+ app

Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

I think I'll probably get Pool Nation too, it looks interesting. Swarm is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for 160 MSP, and remember it has Avatar Awards too.

[quote name='ooga']Damn, already have both of them, and I paid significantly more than 200 msp.
Alex & Pixel is a fantastic game. A steal at this price. Winterbottom was very visually interesting, I think I played it for 5 minutes before I moved on to something else. That's not saying it's not a good game, I just wanted to play something less "puzzly" at the time.[/QUOTE]

Definitely go back to Winterbottom when you're in the mood for a good puzzle game.

[quote name='ooga']Time to find yourself another white whale then. ;)
How about the Puzzle Quest DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's half the fun. :)

[quote name='Blade3D']I thought someone said civilization revolution was 800MSP?[/QUOTE]

Someone lied.......at least for the time being.

[quote name='Blade3D']I thought someone said civilization revolution was 800MSP?[/QUOTE]

It was a mistake in the OP. 1600/$19.99 is the sale price, unfortunately.

The price is right, but some of the reviews for Winterbottom are scaring me off with talk of the difficulty level. I am not a great puzzler... only got halfway thru Braid for example. Thoughts on the difficulty from those who have played it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back