XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xbox_man'] they wouldn't be doing a 1 day sale on Halloween would they?[/QUOTE]
That would be cool if they did.

I'm still on the fence about buying RE4. I'm old enought that I bought it back when first hit the Gamecube. I really liked it and played it into the ground so part of me wants to enjoy it again. On the flipside, I have also found that Nostalgia Glasses are not always a good thing. I have replayed other games that I've previously completed and found the experience to be lessened by the simple fact that it is no longer novel. That, and I have plenty of other titles in my backlog that I have never even started. I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']It doesnt have anything to do with being lazy. Updating the graphics is one thing but updating the control scheme....well, that changes the game itself, quite dramatically in fact. Capcom understands that these kinds of HD updates should be about allowing people to play them in HD on the current generation of consoles. It shouldn't be about dramatically changing the game experience itself. Resident Evil is a perfect example as the control scheme of the early games played a very large role in the overall atmosphere of the games themselves. The tension wouldn't be anywhere near the same with an updated control system. Not even close. Basically, the Early Resident Evil games would be completely different games with updated controls.[/QUOTE]

That's silly talk. You might as well say RE4 wouldn't be RE4 any more if they'd actually updated the graphics. Are you familiar with RE4 on Wii or PC? Both of those games support alternate control methods and yet they are still RE4. In fact, many gamers feel the Wii version is the best because it has more intuitive controls. Difficult, antiquated, or poorly-thought-out controls create a barrier between the player and the game. The barrier is not too great for most of us in this case, but it is enough for some people.

Anyway, the fact that Capcom actually did create an all-new and more effective control scheme for RE4 on the Wii is all the argument we need that they could've added a new option on 360 and would've complained.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If he's like me he's a sane person that doesn't like to be scared because being scared is not a feeling you should enjoy. I don't play scary games or watch scary movies for this reason. All you people that enjoy being scared confuse the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

It's good to be scared a little every now and then in a safe environment. If you never experience those feelings, you're less likely to deal well with them when actual dangerous situations come up. Also, nobody should be feeling any kind of massive fear from a game or movie anyway - they're very clearly make believe.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Has the The Amazing Spider-Man been patched for random crimes after completion? I've been wanting to get Amazing Spidey but I heard after you 100% compete it, you no longer have anything to do. So I was wondering if they did anything with patches or dlc for replay value.[/QUOTE]

This thread is not the right place to ask that at all, unless the game's DLC is on sale or something.

[quote name='eastx']It's good to be scared a little every now and then in a safe environment. If you never experience those feelings, you're less likely to deal well with them when actual dangerous situations come up. Also, nobody should be feeling any kind of massive fear from a game or movie anyway - they're very clearly make believe.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I've been in some unfortunate situations (nothing like what you would find in games like RE of course-I have been in a few life threatening situations though, family members or pets in grave danger) and I have always handled the pressure just fine. It's not pleasant but keeping cool in crisis is surprisingly easy for me (I tend to get in the zone for some reason).

I realize it's all make believe but it's not fun nor entertaining so why would I put my time into an experience I don't enjoy? I developed galeophobia from watching Jaws when I was a kid and I am still afraid to go in the water. I still go in sometimes but I'm usually too afraid to really enjoy it. I know it was a movie and the odds of something like that happening to me are slim, but that doesn't help ease my mind.

As I said earlier, to each his own and I will not persue this any further.

Not on sale any more, but finally tried Happy Action Theatre with my kids. That was fun. I'm looking forward to bringing that out at my youngest's upcoming birthday party. :)

Tempted to pick up Ugly Americans. I don't really need another twin stick shooter, but since I've already spent 1600 points for the Shocktober promotion, at least it would be almost free. While I would like to wait until Tuesday just in case, this hurricane is making me think I should just buy something now while I have the chance.

[quote name='JStryke']Tempted to pick up Ugly Americans. I don't really need another twin stick shooter, but since I've already spent 1600 points for the Shocktober promotion, at least it would be almost free. While I would like to wait until Tuesday just in case, this hurricane is making me think I should just buy something now while I have the chance.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there one more sale before it's over? We don't know what they're going to put on sale then...

[quote name='eastx']That's silly talk. You might as well say RE4 wouldn't be RE4 any more if they'd actually updated the graphics. Are you familiar with RE4 on Wii or PC? Both of those games support alternate control methods and yet they are still RE4. In fact, many gamers feel the Wii version is the best because it has more intuitive controls. Difficult, antiquated, or poorly-thought-out controls create a barrier between the player and the game. The barrier is not too great for most of us in this case, but it is enough for some people.[/QUOTE]

The people I know called RE4 Wii easy mode headshot edition.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Any thoughts about bio shock 2 dlc have yet to play that game been sitting in my backlog for ages. Any thoughts? Is it storyline dlc ? Worth buying? I did beat bioshock before just have yet to dig into this one[/QUOTE]
Minerva's Den is a must. The Protector Trials are good if you like all-out Bioshock combat. They're less Little Sister defense and more just shooting a LOT of sploicers. A lot of people knock them but haven't really dug into them, I think, because, honestly, survival mode isn't appealing on its face. I thought they were a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='Blaster man']Isn't there one more sale before it's over? We don't know what they're going to put on sale then...[/QUOTE]

While this is (most likely) true, there's also a chance I could lose power before the sale is announced. That's why I'm considering it.

[quote name='JStryke']While this is (most likely) true, there's also a chance I could lose power before the sale is announced. That's why I'm considering it.[/QUOTE]

I thought about that too. If be trying to buy with my phone and hoping there are cell towers up with data service available near me.

[quote name='Barry Burton']and why is that?

with all the games and countless movies how does a long time gamer pass on one of gamings biggest and most well known franchises of the last 15 years?[/QUOTE]

I think they suck. I've also only played about 30 minutes of any Halo game. I thought Mass Effect 1 was boring and stopped about 4 hours in and never played the sequels.

Some games are either for you or they aren't. Same with movies, music, etc. "Call Me Maybe" was a #1 single in this country, does that mean everyone who likes music is expected to like that song?

[quote name='JStryke']Tempted to pick up Ugly Americans. I don't really need another twin stick shooter, but since I've already spent 1600 points for the Shocktober promotion, at least it would be almost free. While I would like to wait until Tuesday just in case, this hurricane is making me think I should just buy something now while I have the chance.[/QUOTE]

Ugly Americans doesn't count toward the 2000 point promotion, apparently.

[quote name='benjamouth']Ugly Americans doesn't count toward the 2000 point promotion, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see that? According to this list, it is eligible.

[quote name='JStryke']While this is (most likely) true, there's also a chance I could lose power before the sale is announced. That's why I'm considering it.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Im in the same boat as you actually, i have a generator for power and alot of fuel on hand... not gonna get hit like I did in June... and I just purchased 1600 points from CGT, I dunno if how much longer those are still going to be in stock.

I have a minor CAG dilemma...

I bought Bioshock 1 to seal my 2000 pts spent on Shocktober stuff deal. This is the first time I have played it on an HDTV and im literally crapping myself all over again. Good lord I love Bioshock. Though I have never played two, sadly it came to me through gamefly the same time Black Ops did when Black Ops first launched. Is Bioshock 2 at 800 pts plus the Minerva's Den add on at 400 pts worth it for me? Or am I going to get all Raptured out before I even go to boot up 2?

I have Dead Rising 1 sitting on my hardrive, I only got as far as the boss fight in the (IIRC) in the grocery store with the mean ass grocery carts? Im gonna jump back into it as soon as I finish up Bioshock probably. Is Dead Rising 2 really a good deal at 1200 pts? I havnt honestly researched a hard copy, but i do like the idea of owning things digitally and my hard drive could probably handle another 10 GoD honestly.

Ikaruga at 400, something tells me to bite the shit out of that deal, but i only feel that way because something is telling me it wont be this low again. I used to clear that game on the gamecube without trying when i finally got the patterns down. Maybe Gabrius needs to scream at me to talk me into buying it! :lol:

RE4 at 800 sounds like a good idea to me, but i bought it on launch day for the gamecube and, sadly, never got much further than the two chainsaw wielding lady ganados... i just lost interest and started playing other things, mainly the RE2 and RE3 gamecube disks because i love the original RE titles more. (CVX on sale at 800pts would be a no brainer for me)

Then there is always the take a chance and see whats coming option, honestly i wouldnt mind biting on anything i just mentioned, and i know soon im going to be without cash to spend on games. I currently have 1810 MSP (btw, on my rewards account, i didnt get a bonus for renewing with a 6 month subscription over the phone, weird) and im using Bing Rewards as well, but i dont think im gonna get more points before tuesday unless they double up again like they have twice this month already.

tl:dr

Whats a better value and how would you spend my 1800 pts?

DR2 - 1200 pts (for someone who hasnt finished the 1st, but plans on doing so soon, also hasnt played OTR Case Zero or Case West)

Bioshock 2 + Minerva's Den - 1200 pts (For someone who is loving Bioshock 1 every step of the way again and loves to own GoD, is online still live and competitive?)

Resident Evil 4 - 800 pts (for someone who gave it a go and got bored, but IS willing to try to jump into it again; my tastes for games have changed over the years)

Ikaruga - 400pts (for someone who is afraid it wont be this low again)

Maybe a recommendation for Alan Wake (never played the first) or Ugly Americans (whats so special about?) I wish I knew when those 300 pts will be deposited into our accounts, it might help out on my choice. I feel like i need to spend these points now, because everything on sale is something i wouldnt mind owning. I feel like I should redo my tl;dr :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock 2 is usually easily had for $7-$8 in physical format, Dead Rising 2 is pretty cheap too, and they retain resale value.

I'd say go with the digital-only content you're interested in.

[quote name='JStryke']Where did you see that? According to this list, it is eligible.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I like the show but the demo wasn't great, but this will cap me for the promo making it "cost" only 100 msp. Thanks for posting!

I had no idea that Frankenstorm shit was happening, sounds crazy! I'm in central Texas so heat wave are all we get- good luck to you NE cags.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Bioshock 2 is usually easily had for $7-$8 in physical format, Dead Rising 2 is pretty cheap too, and they retain resale value.

I'd say go with the digital-only content you're interested in.[/QUOTE]

Resale value doesnt mean alot to me, i only buy what i know im gonna wanna hold onto. Im the kind of person that plays their favorite games constantly (Like FFT 3-4 times a year in my case lol)

I read a few pages back that someone said OTR is the better version of 2? Other than Frank being the main character what are the differences? I will be honest, the lack of Frank West kinda made me not even pick up DR2 when I have had the chance a few times.

Bioshock 2 for 7-8 bucks sounds like getting for 10 on GoD is an awesome deal. How awesome is Minerva's Den and what exactly is it? Do you know if multiplayer is still populated? (...cant be worse than Gotham City Imposters right now)

The comments on the controls of RE4 and the fact that there is no demo keeps me from pulling the trigger there.

[quote name='bajingo']Sweet! I like the show but the demo wasn't great, but this will cap me for the promo making it "cost" only 100 msp. Thanks for posting!

I had no idea that Frankenstorm shit was happening, sounds crazy! I'm in central Texas so heat wave are all we get- good luck to you NE cags.[/QUOTE]

Brother, its gonna be alot worse than just NE :lol:

Anyone seen the perfect storm? Im pretty sure that was a net result of what we are supposed to get hammered with. The coast is gonna catch it the worst because of the hurricane finally touching down, but the onslaught of precipitation is going to be relentless for the entire Eastern half of the country I would say.

Sorry, im a weather nut.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Resale value doesnt mean alot to me, i only buy what i know im gonna wanna hold onto. Im the kind of person that plays their favorite games constantly (Like FFT 3-4 times a year in my case lol)

I read a few pages back that someone said OTR is the better version of 2? Other than Frank being the main character what are the differences? I will be honest, the lack of Frank West kinda made me not even pick up DR2 when I have had the chance a few times.

Bioshock 2 for 7-8 bucks sounds like getting for 10 on GoD is an awesome deal. How awesome is Minerva's Den and what exactly is it? Do you know if multiplayer is still populated? (...cant be worse than Gotham City Imposters right now)

The comments on the controls of RE4 and the fact that there is no demo keeps me from pulling the trigger there.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Bioshock 2 is just a revisit to Rapture. It's not the type of game you would play right after the first because wandering through such a familiar environment wont really enthrall you as much as it did the first time. That said, the story is admittedly solid rather than subpar, Rapture is still Rapture, and the backstory recordings are still excellent.

As was mentioned, it's at a considerably lower price point on AWD and other places, so consider just buying the DLC for now if you have trouble choosing. I ordered mine from AWD for 5.99 earlier this year which is the lowest it's been on there I think.

EDIT: The MP is sparsely populated, not a complete ghost town as there are plenty of people playing depending on the time of day

[quote name='gotdott']Honestly, Bioshock 2 is just a revisit to Rapture. It's not the type of game you would play right after the first because wandering through such a familiar environment wont really enthrall you as much as it did the first time. That said, the story is admittedly solid rather than subpar, Rapture is still Rapture, and the backstory recordings are still excellent.

As was mentioned, it's at a considerably lower price point on AWD and other places, so consider just buying the DLC for now if you have trouble choosing. I ordered mine from AWD for 5.99 earlier this year which is the lowest it's been on there I think.

EDIT: The MP is sparsely populated, not a complete ghost town as there are plenty of people playing depending on the time of day[/QUOTE]

I think i may try to beat Bioshock 1 tonight and see if i really want to make a purchase. Sure I can buy something with my points through my phone (since you guys are, indeed, totally wicked awesome when it comes to providing links to the marketplace) but i dont want to wait, and there is always the chance that i might be PO'd that i didnt bite on something to begin with.

I played with the idea of getting Metro 2033 all week long last week, holding out and realizing i was able to get Bioshock with the points i woulda spent on Metro was pretty awesome. However, the last time a storm came through like this i went a month without cable or the internet. Only 3G on my phone, and man im happy i had the cords lying around to hook up my Xperia Play to my TV that month. Streaming in SD never felt so awesome :lol:

[quote name='Juice el Savior']I think i may try to beat Bioshock 1 tonight and see if i really want to make a purchase. Sure I can buy something with my points through my phone (since you guys are, indeed, totally wicked awesome when it comes to providing links to the marketplace) but i dont want to wait, and there is always the chance that i might be PO'd that i didnt bite on something to begin with.

I played with the idea of getting Metro 2033 all week long last week, holding out and realizing i was able to get Bioshock with the points i woulda spent on Metro was pretty awesome. However, the last time a storm came through like this i went a month without cable or the internet. Only 3G on my phone, and man im happy i had the cords lying around to hook up my Xperia Play to my TV that month. Streaming in SD never felt so awesome :lol:[/QUOTE]

Someone please delete that post for me... all the info needed to converse is here now, without the idiotic curse in the sig... once again, i thought i woulda been shaq-fu'd :cry: please dont suspend me :cry:

[quote name='Juice el Savior']I think i may try to beat Bioshock 1 tonight and see if i really want to make a purchase. Sure I can buy something with my points through my phone (since you guys are, indeed, totally wicked awesome when it comes to providing links to the marketplace) but i dont want to wait, and there is always the chance that i might be PO'd that i didnt bite on something to begin with.

I played with the idea of getting Metro 2033 all week long last week, holding out and realizing i was able to get Bioshock with the points i woulda spent on Metro was pretty awesome. However, the last time a storm came through like this i went a month without cable or the internet. Only 3G on my phone, and man im happy i had the cords lying around to hook up my Xperia Play to my TV that month. Streaming in SD never felt so awesome :lol:[/QUOTE]

Even if you end up missing the sale, you shouldn't worry too much about it as Bioshock 2 DLC has been on sale for the same price point numerous times.

If you end up enjoying Bioshock, would you kindly check out Singularity. Metro 2033 is great as well.

[quote name='gotdott']Even if you end up missing the sale, you shouldn't worry too much about it as Bioshock 2 DLC has been on sale for the same price point numerous times.

If you end up enjoying Bioshock, would you kindly check out Singularity. Metro 2033 is great as well.[/QUOTE]

I would if it were on sale :booty:

i think thats a good AWD game isnt it? Singularity? Something is digging at me, telling me im gonna wish i got bioshock 2 and minerva's den... damnit

[quote name='bajingo']Sweet! I like the show but the demo wasn't great, but this will cap me for the promo making it "cost" only 100 msp. Thanks for posting!

I had no idea that Frankenstorm shit was happening, sounds crazy! I'm in central Texas so heat wave are all we get- good luck to you NE cags.[/QUOTE]

cooli didnt see it on the list a few days ago...

its gonna be either ghostbusters sanctum of slime, ugly americans, or case zero for me to cap the promo off lol

For those of you who are running low on hard drive space, Staples has the Sandisk USB Flash/Thumb drive on sale. 16gb is $9.99 and the 32gb is $19.99, helped me out since i've only got 6gb left on my 320gb hd. Couldn't find Bioshock locally for some reason, not even gamestop has it used so I might as well just get the GoD version and use those purchases towards the October rewards promo.

[quote name='wEEman33']I am still waiting for a Guardian Heroes sale. I don't believe it has been discounted ever.[/QUOTE]
Nope, but it's SEGA so it'll happen eventually...

[quote name='JStryke']Where did you see that? According to this list, it is eligible.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked the rewards thread on CAG it was in the no list I believe. obviously the MS one is correct and I may have read the cag post wrong, sorry my bad.

That means I've spent 1200 points, not sure whether to spend the other 800 points :whistle2:k

[quote name='benjamouth']Last time I checked the rewards thread on CAG it was in the no list I believe. obviously the MS one is correct and I may have read the cag post wrong, sorry my bad.

That means I've spent 1200 points, not sure whether to spend the other 800 points :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Since technically spending another 800 is really only 500, I don't see why you wouldn't.

[quote name='wEEman33']Ikaruga for $5 is the best deal this week.

Amazing game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I had forgotten Ikaruga, maybe give him a chance because along with Viewtiful Joe are the only two gamecube games I never finish in the hardest difficulty.

Besides being published by Microsoft gives a plus.

image.php

[quote name='billydeewilliams']would they actually put another week ofall new shocktober sales? for only 2 days? is that how they did it last year? something tells me they wont.[/QUOTE]

Um, no. Why would they, they haven't said anything about doing a 2nd week. In fact, they specifically mentioned that these sales will carry on into Wednesday, though I wouldn't trust that.

They started "Shoctober" a week earlier last year.

EDIT: Finally got around to playing the 4 demos I was interested in for this week. Surprising, all 4 seemed to have hooked me enough to justify a purchase. Geon and Gripshift have just enough unique about them that I could see spending a few hours with each of them. Ugly Americans seems like it might get a little repetitive, but there seemed to be enough variety that I'll enjoy it. And I might totally suck at shmups, but I still enjoy them quite a bit, so I'll grab Ikaruga as well.

For what it's worth, I tried the Naughty Bear demo and I still do like Naughty Bear and bought it post haste.

I still don't think it's a particularly well done game but there's really nothing else quite like it.

I'm kinda tempted by Ikaruga, but basically it's exact same game as the Gamecube version isn't it? I Already have it on GC so it's not like I need another excuse to have a fantastic game hand my ass to me with constant flow of blue and red beams.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm kinda tempted by Ikaruga, but basically it's exact same game as the Gamecube version isn't it? I Already have it on GC so it's not like I need another excuse to have a fantastic game hand my ass to me with constant flow of blue and red beams.[/QUOTE]

If you already own it on GC then don't bother as the XBLA version is inferior in many ways. On top of that if you've got the timings on the GC version memorized you'll have to do it over since they're tweaked in the XBLA version.

[quote name='angelfly']If you already own it on GC then don't bother as the XBLA version is inferior in many ways. On top of that if you've got the timings on the GC version memorized you'll have to do it over since they're tweaked in the XBLA version.[/QUOTE]
Kinda figured, but then again my timing of Ikaruga always came down to me being shocked and amazed I didn't die from an onslaught of different polarity beams and obstacles...then three seconds later I die. Still a great game though.

Wasn't specifically going for the promo, but I am already at 1520 msp spent on RE4 HD, Ugly Americans, and Keflings dlc. So any opinions on anything else to reach 2000? Was gonna grab Ghostbusters SoS but I'd still need to spend an odd 80...

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm kinda tempted by Ikaruga, but basically it's exact same game as the Gamecube version isn't it? I Already have it on GC so it's not like I need another excuse to have a fantastic game hand my ass to me with constant flow of blue and red beams.[/QUOTE]

More or less. They've done a handful of minor gameplay tweaks here and there. There's also an option that allows you to control two ships at once with one controller. I can't recall if the Gamecube version had that mode or not.

[quote name='RollingSkull']To be honest, I think Ikaruga is overrated as hell.[/QUOTE]Ikaruga has generally been a rather divisive game among the shmup community. Those expecting a traditional shooter are bound to be disappointed when the game plays more like a shmup/puzzle hybrid.

So I'm kinda hoping the deals suck this week or at the very least my power stays on. Reporting from my basement waiting Sandys nasty approach. Winds are going to hurt from lunch time till early tomorrow morning.

So... I need to spend 800 more to hit 2000 on the Shocktober promo.

Do I get some Bioshock 2 DLC even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Bioshock 1, or do I pick up Decay 1-4?

Help!!!

[quote name='Gabrius']So... I need to spend 800 more to hit 2000 on the Shocktober promo.

Do I get some Bioshock 2 DLC even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Bioshock 1, or do I pick up Decay 1-4?

Help!!![/QUOTE]

no brainer there broham... decay for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back