XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MrDarkstorm']I wonder if I can price match 1600 point card at Walmart for 10.00 dollars. I have the electronic ad with that price in it.[/QUOTE]

It is highly unlikely; I believe virtually everyone has crossed out pricematching on Black Friday and probably through Cyber Monday too. I would rule it out 100% but you never know... Walmart does love to staff indifferent people.

If that is true about Target nixing half-off MSP cards, that blows, but it works some complication out of my BT/BF shopping.

Space Channel 5 Pt. 2 has one of the coolest free avatar awards for females: Ulala's costume! Even better is that you get it from just playing 10 hours, so no need to unlock its damn near impossible achievements to get it.

It's very rare for a game to give away the best outfits for free.

I picked up all the SVC games I didn't already own and Magic 2013. Too bad I won't have time to play anything this week.

Regarding the Rock Band DLC sale that's been going on since September, HMXHenry at 2:20 CST today:

For those that missed the livestream yesterday, this DLC sale will likely remain up for quite some time. We don't have any plans to end the sale any time soon, so for the foreseeable future these 1,100 songs will remain 50% off.

The response to the sale has been so overwhelmingly positive that we wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to take advantage of it. So we're not saying "this sale will NEVER end" because a lot of store stuff is out of our control, but right now we don't have any plans to put an end date on this sale. If those plans ever change for any reason we'll be sure to message to the community well in advance.

I'll leave this thread open for a while to let word spread but will close once it's clear that we don't have an end date planned any time soon. 'll be updating the original sale announcement as well so spread the word!

OP has been updated with the Black Friday deals, as well as new Games on Demand and Dance Central packs picked up by XBLDB.

Since there was already a Tiger Woods DLC listed as the Kinect Central sale for this week, I put the Dance Central stuff under its own heading. Don't know if both are supposed to be Kinect Central sales or not.

Spylon, the XBLDB site doesn't have a history page for Rock Band Blitz. The only page I found listed avatar stuff and music tracks.

[quote name='bardockkun']Is there any point in getting any of the SVC games when I got the Ultimate Genesis Collection outside of cheezmints?[/QUOTE]

Ports are much better in SVC's - there are more options, better sound, challenge mode for every game, all available versions of every game are included (JP, EU, US), there is jukebox as well. These are absolutely worth 400msp in my opinion. Backbone emulation in Ultimate Genesis Collection was awful. ;)

[quote name='Bloomy']OP has been updated with the Black Friday deals, as well as new Games on Demand and Dance Central packs picked up by XBLDB.

Since there was already a Tiger Woods DLC listed as the Kinect Central sale for this week, I put the Dance Central stuff under its own heading. Don't know if both are supposed to be Kinect Central sales or not.

Spylon, the XBLDB site doesn't have a history page for Rock Band Blitz. The only page I found listed avatar stuff and music tracks.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for updating, Bloomy.
[quote name='Sath666']Ports are much better in SVC's - there are much more options, better sound, challenge mode for every game, all available versions of every game are included (JP, EU, US), there is jukebox as well. These are absoplutely worth 400msp in my opinion. Backbone emulation in Ultimate Genesis Collection was awful. ;)[/QUOTE]
Now I'm slightly intrigued to get Streets of Rage SVC.

[quote name='bardockkun']Is there any point in getting any of the SVC games when I got the Ultimate Genesis Collection outside of cheezmints?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe any of the games in the Alex Kidd or Monster World Collections are on that Genesis Collection.

I actually wasn't expecting much but Spelunky is a highly rated game and for 600msp I can't say no. Plus Darksiders 2 dlc isn't bad, might snag those as well even though I don't own it...yet.

As far as Warp, I tried the trial version and wasn't thrilled. So I would suggest doing that before purchasing. IMO of course.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Great! Major Nelson confirmed that we will also get one-day sales on BF and CM! =D[/QUOTE]

Sweet

[quote name='Brother Daz']I think I read that the 1600 points was a misprint and it was replaced with a 3 month gold sub.[/QUOTE]

Really? What a great bummer and relief at the same time. I can cross Target off the top of the list then. I'm assuming the Forza Horizon for $15 was also a misprint. Otherwise that's an insane deal.

Old Navy now moves to the top of the list for the free NSMB Wii U game. Will try to score one but doubt I will unless I camp super early and forgo my favorite meal of the year...

[quote name='biledriver']Alright CAGs report in: Better deal Sega Monster World Collection for 400 or Spelunky for 600?[/QUOTE]

Spelunky! SEGA games going on sale often. ;)

[quote name='Crono-00']
Unlike the previous Backbone emulated Sega titles, I really approve of the way M2 gives options for the SVC releases. [Cannot say for Toejam & Earl, since I still ignore it because it doesn't appear to be part of the sale, sorry CainiaPrime (forgot caps order)].

[/QUOTE]

Haha! No worries dude. I still implore people to support TJ&E at full price, but as long as you don't pass it up on a sale then we cool, we cool. :lol:

I too am curious if SouthPark Tenorman is worth the pickup. Does the game have substance beyond the clothes it wears?

Debating on Spelunky as well. I know it will drop further in the future (however long that will be) and I'm not in any particular rush to jump into it. There is an infinite list of games I'd probably start up before it.

[quote name='biledriver']Alright CAGs report in: Better deal Sega Monster World Collection for 400 or Spelunky for 600?[/QUOTE]

I'm voting Sega Monster World.
:bouncy:

Monster World takes my vote here.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Space Channel 5 Pt. 2 has one of the coolest free avatar awards for females: Ulala's costume! Even better is that you get it from just playing 10 hours, so no need to unlock its damn near impossible achievements to get it.

It's very rare for a game to give away the best outfits for free.

I picked up all the SVC games I didn't already own and Magic 2013. Too bad I won't have time to play anything this week.[/QUOTE]

Is the Ulala costume also in the retail Dreamcast Collection for 360?

It's worth noting that Monster World is actually a predecessor of a classic NES series called Adventure Island. Adventure Island was created by HudsonSoft after they couldn't get the license for MW characters from Sega; if you've played the Adventure Island games before, you'll know they're tough as hell and MW is no different.

I've only played Monster World IV, and played it for the first time just recently, but I found it to be excellent. A little aggravating in difficulty towards the end, but a great blast from the past that I had never experienced before. I enjoyed Monster World IV much more than Spelunky. I'm pretty sure I've made my feelings on Spelunky pretty clear here previously, though I believe I'm in the minority.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I too am curious if SouthPark Tenorman is worth the pickup. Does the game have substance beyond the clothes it wears?[/QUOTE]

I've only played like 4 levels, but I think it's pretty safe to say no. It's a generic and overly long platformer (I believe there are like 23 levels) that is skinned with an enjoyable South Park theme.

However, the game is definitely somewhat better than its original Metacritic score due to a quality update from the developer. Plus, it has Avatar Awards which is always a huge plus. South Park fans should take this opportunity to pick it up. I think non-fans can skip it.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is the Ulala costume also in the retail Dreamcast Collection for 360?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Dreamcast disc port is identical to the XBLA version. Male avatars get a Morolian costume, females Ulala.

I'm saddened that so few people recognize Ulala when I wear the avatar costume in online multiplayer games, then again, how many Space Channel 5 fans would be playing Poker online?

[quote name='tylerh1701']

I've only played like 4 levels, but I think it's pretty safe to say no. It's a generic and overly long platformer (I believe there are like 23 levels) that is skinned with an enjoyable South Park theme.

However, the game is definitely somewhat better than its original Metacritic score due to a quality update from the developer. Plus, it has Avatar Awards which is always a huge plus. South Park fans should take this opportunity to pick it up. I think non-fans can skip it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, that South Park game was made by The War of the Worlds developers, right? This was one of the worst xbla's that i was payed. No way i'm supporting these guys.

Go for Spelunly. Don't listen to people that complain how hard it is - Monster World games are tough as well. Also these SEGA collections will go on sale often, just like every game from that company.

[quote name='GunstarRed']
I'm saddened that so few people recognize Ulala when I wear the avatar costume in online multiplayer games, then again, how many Space Channel 5 fans would be playing Poker online?[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your Ulala.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Really wish there were more Games on Demand on sale. Most of the ones i want are overpriced, and can be bought cheaper for the physical version.[/QUOTE]

True that. They were on a roll for a few weeks with Catherine(Love that game), SR2, Metro, Darksiders, and others going for 50% off. I know people def. bought those titles, so I wonder why they stopped? I would jump at l4d2 at $20 but there are other thins that I rather buy. Hopefully the 1 day sales on friday and monday have some good games at 1200 or less.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Haha! No worries dude. I still implore people to support TJ&E at full price, but as long as you don't pass it up on a sale then we cool, we cool. :lol:

I too am curious if SouthPark Tenorman is worth the pickup. Does the game have substance beyond the clothes it wears?

Debating on Spelunky as well. I know it will drop further in the future (however long that will be) and I'm not in any particular rush to jump into it. There is an infinite list of games I'd probably start up before it.[/QUOTE]

More than 50% off? I doubt it. I literally just bought it along with castle crashers. Two top notch games for the price of one the, the way I see it.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']More than 50% off? I doubt it. I literally just bought it along with castle crashers. Two top notch games for the price of one the, the way I see it.[/QUOTE]

Many 1200 games hit 400 given enough time.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']True that. They were on a roll for a few weeks with Catherine(Love that game), SR2, Metro, Darksiders, and others going for 50% off. I know people def. bought those titles, so I wonder why they stopped? I would jump at l4d2 at $20 but there are other thins that I rather buy. Hopefully the 1 day sales on friday and monday have some good games at 1200 or less.[/QUOTE]

Catherine was 50% off? Damn i missed that deal.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Many 1200 games hit 400 given enough time.[/QUOTE]

Okay then, I guess it comes down to what one you would play before the other. Pick that one.

[quote name='matrix9280']Yeah I kept trying to download it and it worked eventually. Bully Scholarship Edition was downloaded. I think so anyway. It kept starting and restarting and then suddenly finished at 71% but I wasn't paying attention at the time so I'm not sure.

I checked the file size in the hard drive and it said Bully was taking up 3 gigs which I figure is close enough to the 2.9 they said it was. I guess I'll find out eventually if it works or not.

Could you please explain what problem you're having with downloading Bully Scholarship Edition? It could be the exact same problem but you never know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='biledriver']Odd. When I bought Resident Evil 4 I had the same weird thing. I checked and I was 3/4 done at most, then it popped that the download was finished. Checked size and ran the game both were ok.

Of course, since getting the lovely new dash my xbox has also frozen 3 times while just navigating it so maybe we'll be seeing a bug update soon.[/QUOTE]

I haven't got past 0%. It spends about 20 seconds and then just says 'can't download.' Support 'escelated' my case last night and said it would be a few days before i heard back.

I bought at least 100 things off XBLA before and never had this problem. Has to be something on their end.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Okay then, I guess it comes down to what one you would play before the other. Pick that one.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't debating one or the other between Southpark and Spelunky. I've already grabbed my must haves from this sale, was simply debating on whether I want either of these at all.

At least I have a respectable amount of time to decide. Guess I'll check out Fridays deals before coming to a conclusion.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Catherine was 50% off? Damn i missed that deal.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Probably that and borderlands 2 were the 2 games this year that ive played that I really really enjoyed. Oh and RE4 was also on sale, so if Microsoft wants more money, they need to put more Games on Demand for less than 1200 points.

Does anybody remember if last year's BF/CM deals were open to all members or gold-only? My gold membership ran out today and I'm wondering how motivated I need to be to renew it.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Hoping for some dirt cheap Cyber Monday deals like they did last year.[/QUOTE]

Same. Nothing's piqued my interest right now at the prices. Here's hoping there's a playable 160 point game that shows up although I just have an odd feeling it'll be something Kinect.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Does anybody remember if last year's BF/CM deals were open to all members or gold-only? My gold membership ran out today and I'm wondering how motivated I need to be to renew it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every special deal is open to all. Only the DOTW tends to be gold only. I can't think of any exceptions off the top of my head.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't debating one or the other between Southpark and Spelunky. I've already grabbed my must haves from this sale, was simply debating on whether I want either of these at all.

At least I have a respectable amount of time to decide. Guess I'll check out Fridays deals before coming to a conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, too bad those sales aren't listed yet.

I vote buy extra points and pick up both of them.

I vote on Monster World as well (in fact I bought it today).

I'm not interested in Spelunky. Not saying that it's a bad game; I'm not into it, that's all.

Can you import Rock Band Blitz songs into Rock Band 2 or vice versa? In other words, is it worth getting if I don't have Rock Band 3 and no friends who play it?

Never even heard of Monster World until now. Looks cool, i'm picking it up.

Big south park fan, but passing on tenormans revenge. I have the rpg to look forward to anyway

Just played the demo to Rock Band Blitz, it's actually surprisingly awesome.

Not really sure at all how importing/exporting works, but is there any way to import songs from RB1/RB2 into Blitz without paying some type of fee?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just played the demo to Rock Band Blitz, it's actually surprisingly awesome.

Not really sure at all how importing/exporting works, but is there any way to import songs from RB1/RB2 into Blitz without paying some type of fee?[/QUOTE]

Anything that shows up in your library when you play RB2 will be in your Blitz library when you play it.

Blitz tracks are automatically in RB3... everything except the on-disc RB3 tracks are automatically in Blitz.

Make sense?

[quote name='cthomer5000']Anything that shows up in your library when you play RB2 will be in your Blitz library when you play it.

Blitz tracks are automatically in RB3... everything except the on-disc RB3 tracks are automatically in Blitz.

Make sense?[/QUOTE]

I think so...haha

[quote name='harry hood']Never even heard of Monster World until now. Looks cool, i'm picking it up.
[/QUOTE]

Still have some Wonder Boy Comics left along with the old Sonic Comics, since I already knew about Monster World this way I picked it up along with Alex Kidd (one of my first console games I've ever touched haha)

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']
I wish there was a Road Rash collection[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah. I've never even heard of that one bike game thats included in this one.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Anything that shows up in your library when you play RB2 will be in your Blitz library when you play it.

Make sense?[/QUOTE]

This is assuming you've exported the RB2 content. Anything NOT on the RB2 track list that shows up in RB2 will show up in Blitz with nothing extra (like track packs, individual DLC tracks, RBN, green day, lego, etc). You will have to pay the fee to export RB2 to play the RB2 songs in Blitz. Songs exported from Blitz will NOT show up in RB2 but WILL show up in RB3.

Edit: Also, if you're an achievement, junkie, beware that there is an achievement in blitz for playing 300 different songs, as well as one for playing one from each decade from the 50's. There are only a half dozen songs from the 50's, mostly johnny cash so you will probably have to buy a song for that cheeve.

PPS: If you're concerned about having friends to challenge on blitz, you can attach your RB blitz info / gamertag to your facebook profile and any of your facebook friends, regardless of their platform, that have played blitz will automatically show up in your score feed for each song they've played. There's also a pretty nifty set of quests in the FB app that get you a ton more coins for power ups, which is the hardest thing to get when you're just starting out.

[quote name='LordVila']I vote buy extra points and pick up both of them.[/QUOTE]

You know, I would, but that's 4 difficult platformers in one purchase. Not sure that will pay off in the end. I may still go for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back