XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the 5% back stacks with the highest level of rewards (2% back).

Turn that $1.25 into $1.75
:lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']Sega LOVES putting games on sale. Try to wait.[/QUOTE]Pretty much this. Seems every other month or so, they put their games on sale. That's why I waited on the Vintage Collections & gonna wait on the Model 2 fighting games. & that goes for iOS, PSN, & PC as well, Sega does sales on pretty much all digital downloadable media.

[quote name='Zonic505']This month on Xbox Rewards, spend 2,000 MSP on the marketplace this month (any content will do) & get 100 MSP back. & all your pending points will be transferred, no waiting to hit 100 or more.[/QUOTE]

Or instead of spending $25 to get $1 back, you could simply do 10 minutes of Bing searches in a week for free and get the same amount of MS points.

Terrible offer.

I'll buy fighting vipers if it goes on sale. Mainly for nostalgia because I am sure I'll hate the game. I never played it outside of the demo kiosk they had set up at places with that and Nights in it.

[quote name='wEEman33']Or instead of spending $25 to get $1 back, you could simply do 10 minutes of Bing searches in a week for free and get the same amount of MS points.

Terrible offer.[/QUOTE]

Or you could do both and come out even further ahead...

Though as I insinuated or at least attempted to previously, if there isn't a boatload of great sales later in the month then this offer is moot.

[quote name='wEEman33']Or instead of spending $25 to get $1 back, you could simply do 10 minutes of Bing searches in a week for free and get the same amount of MS points.[/QUOTE]

:cry: My Bing Rewards account was just closed for allegedly violating their terms of service, which happened to occur after I tried to redeem another 400 XBL pts. I've probably earned $50 or so in XBL points via Bing. This episode and dealing with their customer service has been beyond frustrating. Everyone, your tiniest violins for me please. :-({|= #firstworldproblems

This isn't the correct place to ask, but it's the only thread i post in, so i'm going to do it anyway. I'm about to transfer licenses onto my 360, I was curious as to what needed to be transfered to allow me to play across multiple accounts/also while offline.

XBLA arcade and indie games (and i suppose GoD if I ever had any)
Videos
In game DLC

Is that right?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Or you could do both and come out even further ahead...

Though as I insinuated or at least attempted to previously, if there isn't a boatload of great sales later in the month then this offer is moot.[/QUOTE]
I was planning on buying the Black Ops 2 season pass this month, so it's great if you were about to buy something expensive regardless. I'm at 3000 points already exclusively with bing rewards and should hit the other 1000 before the first dlc drops. I'm also getting the top tier % back based on achievement score, and my birthday's this month so get that small bonus too. I just hope they're aren't some great sales for Xmas right after I drop 4000 points.

[quote name='harry hood']This isn't the correct place to ask, but it's the only thread i post in, so i'm going to do it anyway. I'm about to transfer licenses onto my 360, I was curious as to what needed to be transfered to allow me to play across multiple accounts/also while offline.

XBLA arcade and indie games (and i suppose GoD if I ever had any)
Videos
In game DLC

Is that right?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Anything you have on one of your secondary profiles should be license transferred to your main console if you want to play or view it on your main profile. That's how you get those cheap/free games from foreign accounts, like Sanctum of Slime.

[quote name='Blade']Yep. Anything you have on one of your secondary profiles should be license transferred to your main console if you want to play or view it on your main profile. That's how you get those cheap/free games from foreign accounts, like Sanctum of Slime.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I thought for sure xbla games and video would be licensed, but i wasnt sure about game add on dlc i had downloaded.

YAY, I had TLAD and wanted BOGT for cheaper than $20 since you can get the disk copy of the complete edition for $27 lol. Finally was able to get them, but now it's just a waiting game with my internet, gonna take hours to download them all lol. Glad I'm working so it can just download away lol.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']:cry: My Bing Rewards account was just closed for allegedly violating their terms of service, which happened to occur after I tried to redeem another 400 XBL pts. I've probably earned $50 or so in XBL points via Bing. This episode and dealing with their customer service has been beyond frustrating. Everyone, your tiniest violins for me please. :-({|= #firstworldproblems[/QUOTE]

Well you probably violated their terms, good job! Nah, I'm kidding. Regardless of you luck, those of us that are fortunate do alot of XBL shopping thanks to Bing Rewards.

I am a persistance Bing user, bring on the points!

[quote name='Zonic505']This month on Xbox Rewards, spend 2,000 MSP on the marketplace this month (any content will do) & get 100 MSP back. & all your pending points will be transferred, no waiting to hit 100 or more.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I waited on Guilty Gear. Guess I'll pick that up in a day or two to get 75% of the way there.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']sega even went back and patched NiGHTS controls to perfectly match the saturn ones[/QUOTE]

They released a patch to make it playable? Good men. I'll probably pick up Fighting Vipers myself, since a certain Saturn-owning friend of mine would probably love to play multiplayer.

EDIT: Done on both. I really should get back to studying for finals, though. ( ´∀`)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='airco']Good thing I waited on Guilty Gear. Guess I'll pick that up in a day or two to get 75% of the way there.[/QUOTE]

That will only get you 60% of the way there if it's 1200msp.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That will only get you 60% of the way there if it's 1200msp.[/QUOTE]

He did say that he needs to get back to studying :lol:

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']:cry: My Bing Rewards account was just closed for allegedly violating their terms of service, which happened to occur after I tried to redeem another 400 XBL pts. I've probably earned $50 or so in XBL points via Bing. This episode and dealing with their customer service has been beyond frustrating. Everyone, your tiniest violins for me please. :-({|= #firstworldproblems[/QUOTE]

I can't use Bing Rewards for the same reason. So aggravating.

Yeah, so I bought Sonic Fighters because my son and I are pretty big Sonic fans. I think I only saw this game once in an arcade back in the day. Wow, that had to be the EASIEST 400 achievement points I've ever "earned". Not a half bad game when you consider I'll be playing it with a 4.5 year old.

[quote name='Zolor23']Dang. I just bought the Season Pass for BO2 about a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Lets hear it for a zombie only map pack! Cuz I'ma not payin for a season pass, ever.

[quote name='bardockkun']How much time do you have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wya4XhTPMcc

In short, everything. The walk speed is almost slow motion in Silent Hill 3, the unnecessary borders on key scenes, the fade in and fade out that ruins gameplay, the new dubbing in SH3, the sometimes fog appears and sometimes doesn't, it goes on for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I knew the port was bad. I just never realized how bad. That video just completely unsold me on ever buying it.

Did you have multiple bing accounts? Did you redeem bing points from someone else?

[quote name='vamn']Wow. I knew the port was bad. I just never realized how bad. That video just completely unsold me on ever buying it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, but those nerds need to learn to edit,an hour long and it's only part 1!!

I just got all 3 Pac Man games for 800 MSP. The original 2 were easy achievements (except 1) and the new one is awesome.

[quote name='Dthib87']Did you have multiple bing accounts? Did you redeem bing points from someone else?[/QUOTE]

No and no. I can't figure out what the hell I did wrong. Most days I don't even get the max accrual in search points for the day. The worst that I abuse it is by clicking on all the random links on the bing front page (the trending search terms and the 'embedded' picture links).

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']No and no. I can't figure out what the hell I did wrong. Most days I don't even get the max accrual in search points for the day. The worst that I abuse it is by clicking on all the random links on the bing front page (the trending search terms and the 'embedded' picture links).[/QUOTE]

It happened to me too, and when I tried emailing them they said they'd look into it, but never responded again.

It's frustrating cause I had enough points to get the Minecraft Halloween skin pack that was available for a limited time, and I ended up just paying for it because I couldn't get those Bing points and I wanted it before it'd be gone forever.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That will only get you 60% of the way there if it's 1200msp.[/QUOTE]
I blame Microsoft entirely for my miscalculation. Yep.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']No and no. I can't figure out what the hell I did wrong. Most days I don't even get the max accrual in search points for the day. The worst that I abuse it is by clicking on all the random links on the bing front page (the trending search terms and the 'embedded' picture links).[/QUOTE]

weird. i bet almost everyone spams those search links. i know i do lol

[quote name='Dthib87']weird. i bet almost everyone spams those search links. i know i do lol[/QUOTE]

On that token, does Microsoft get to ban itself for artificially boosting it's usage by bribing people to use their search engine?

Using the middle button of a mouse on those links and doing a "close tabs to the right" is my M.O. Using Chrome. That sucks that you got banned and didn't have multiple accts.

Bing banned me like a year ago because I had like 12 accounts. Which I totally deserved but got tons of points from them off of my work computers for over 3 months. When I got Windows 8 I realized they unbanned me but now I work somewhere else and don't have time to mess with multiple accounts so I'll just stick to my one.

What games does everyone hope will go on sale before the year is up? Mine are:
Deadlight
Mark of the ninja
1942 joint strike
Alien breed 3
Anomaly
Choplifter
Realms of ancient war
Shank 2
Ticket to ride.

I know some of these are old, and 1942 is only 400 points, but a CAG is as a CAG does.

[quote name='VersionJ']What games does everyone hope will go on sale before the year is up?[/QUOTE]

I see your Mark of the Ninja (even though I doubt it'll go straight down to 50% off... maybe more like 25% during Christmas sales) and raise the stakes with I Am Alive and FEZ :bouncy:

Deadlight is a title which gradually fell off my radar after reading all the lukewarm feedback it collected through the Interwebs... I might still snag it at 50% off, though it'll fall right into my massive backlog for future enjoyment (or so I hope).

Oh, and a mass discount on every The Walking Dead episode would be appreciated as well, especially since I'm still deciding on what platform I want to play it on :)

[quote name='VersionJ']What games does everyone hope will go on sale before the year is up? Mine are:
Deadlight
Mark of the ninja
1942 joint strike
Alien breed 3
Anomaly
Choplifter
Realms of ancient war
Shank 2
Ticket to ride.

I know some of these are old, and 1942 is only 400 points, but a CAG is as a CAG does.[/QUOTE]

The Walking Dead, Dust and Deadlight.

[quote name='VersionJ']What games does everyone hope will go on sale before the year is up?[/QUOTE]

Dust: an Elysian Tail, Skullgirls, and would also get Deadlight and the 5 Walking dead episodes. Oh, and Ikaruga.

Dust: An Elysian Tail, Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, and Ms. Splosion Man is about all I'd want to go on sale. Maybe Skullgirls and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, but the latter is going to be extremely cheap for me to buy it.

[quote name='VersionJ']What games does everyone hope will go on sale before the year is up? Mine are:
Deadlight
Mark of the ninja
1942 joint strike
Alien breed 3
Anomaly
Choplifter
Realms of ancient war
Shank 2
Ticket to ride.

I know some of these are old, and 1942 is only 400 points, but a CAG is as a CAG does.[/QUOTE]

Trials Evolution, Minecraft, Fez, Mark of Ninja, The Walking Dead, N+, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Shank 2 and Dust: An Elysian Tail.

[quote name='seanr1221']The Walking Dead, Dust and Deadlight.[/QUOTE]

It would be really weird if they did a sale on more than just episode 1 of the Walking Dead with the retail disc a week away from hitting store shelves.

Dust should be purchased at full price. (using discounted points, of course)

Minecraft is selling like crazy still at full price and it's already cheaper than the PC version, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for a sale on that.

I'd like to see The Walking Dead and Mark of the Ninja get a sale.

Mark of the Ninja and Walking Dead sales would be amazing - especially with the adjusted "Target" price of points from BF. Oh an an Alan Wake : AN sale would be nice, since I just finished the original and its DLCs(I missed the first sale).

Oh, and the ability to gift xbla titles would be great too - TAKE MY MONEY MICROSOFT!!!!

[quote name='hufferstl']Oh an an Alan Wake : AN sale would be nice, since I just finished the original and its DLCs(I missed the first sale).[/QUOTE]
It's not nearly as good as the original, unfortunately. Very arcade-y (endless hordes, try for high scores, etc.) but at least the gameplay mechanics are better.

[quote name='E.Nich']Dust: an Elysian Tail, Skullgirls, and would also get Deadlight and the 5 Walking dead episodes. Oh, and Ikaruga.[/QUOTE]

Holy cats I'm with this person! That's the exact same list I was going to type out... right down to Ikaruga.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ikaruga was just on sale for 400, less than a month ago.[/QUOTE]

^^ This

I just want Skullgirls. Realms of Ancient War got panned pretty bad but it's my type of game so I would pick that up for half off as well. And maybe that game with the oddball pricing, Crimson Alliance is it?

[quote name='Junpei']I see your Mark of the Ninja (even though I doubt it'll go straight down to 50% off... maybe more like 25% during Christmas sales) and raise the stakes with I Am Alive and FEZ :bouncy:

Deadlight is a title which gradually fell off my radar after reading all the lukewarm feedback it collected through the Interwebs... I might still snag it at 50% off, though it'll fall right into my massive backlog for future enjoyment (or so I hope).

Oh, and a mass discount on every The Walking Dead episode would be appreciated as well, especially since I'm still deciding on what platform I want to play it on :)[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Long wish list for me:

Fez
From Dust
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Guilty Gear
NiGHTS
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Deadlight
Bloodforge (400msp or bust!)
Skullgirls
Pinball Arcade
Sine Mora
The Simpsons Arcade (passed last time hoping for a deeper discount next time it goes on sale)
NBA Jam (600 max-the 800msp deals don't work for me)
Dungeon Defenders DLC
Galaga Legions DX (How has this still not gone on sale??)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (passed on the 600msp sales hoping for 400, now kind of regretting it)

Also still hoping we get a Deathsmiles 2 sale. I expect a Borderlands 2 Season Pass sale eventually. If it goes for 50% off I'm in. Otherwise I'll probably wait for the individual DLCs to go on sale for half off the first time they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back