XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally forgot to check for a possible Cyber Monday sale. Sure, I missed some crap (Expendables and Real Steel), but it was crap I didn't yet own! Drat.

[quote name='eastx']I meant the number of things on sale. Did the BtS sale really have more stuff on sale than we had last week?[/QUOTE]

If the BtS sale was the one that had some of the older (and mostly crappy) GoD games for 400 ms, then probably. If not outright more stuff on sale then it definitely had better deals and more first time mark downs.

Oh and between the Halloween sale and the BF, I'm slightly bummed The Sacrifice never went on sale for 280 for the original Left 4 Dead. I have it for L4D2 and couldn't justify buying it for $7 or even $5. But for tree fitty, I'd likely grab it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Still waiting on 400 price point...[/QUOTE]

Me to. Was going to pick it up at 400pts for sure. MS just can't do shit vs the Steam sales. Picked up so many damn games from Steam that were $5 or even better ($1 Torchlight holla!)

[quote name='xbox_man']I have a question about GTA4.
I have the standard disc and the separate disc with the dlc.
Do i have to change discs or does it download? and I am not talking about the complete edition.
[/QUOTE]
I'm fairly sure you have to switch discs to play between the "vanilla" and dlc discs to play, although you may want to confirm again.

[quote name='carldisc']Patiently waiting for a discount on Shank 2...[/QUOTE]
If do you like Shank, be sure you would really enjoy Shank 2 even for 800MSP (I paid them with pleasure). That said, I'm almost sure it will be on sale this december.

I bought Lost and Damned at 800 long ago and wanted BoGT to go on sale too. Now it's on sale I'll have to pass it up since I still have other games I want to play first I think it'll be 400 next time lol.

[quote name='chuckie88']I share this opinion, Vice City remains my favorite GTA game without question. [/QUOTE]

Definitely the best one they have made IMHO.

[quote name='biledriver']Did whoever updated the OP just figure that next week's Deadliest Warrior sale was too awful to include? LoL[/QUOTE]
There's no specific updater to the OP, so feel free to make the appropriate edis. :)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If anyone is actually considering Deadliest Warrior, a few stores on amazon are fulfilling Amazon's orders fr $6.99. So you can get the first game AND the second game with all DLC for $6.99. Just gota find filler items unless your on prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Deadliest-War...?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1354130259&sr=1-197[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post ! Picked up a copy, and I'm on my free trial of PRIME, so I'm GOLDEN.....it'll be here Friday.

Free Xbox LIVE Gold Weekend for US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan & Mexico

If you haven’t had a chance to check out the latest entertainment experiences on Xbox, this weekend is a great chance to give it a try. From Thursday, Nov. 29 through Sunday, Dec. 2, we’re unlocking Xbox LIVE Gold in United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Mexico.

All Xbox owners in these regions, regardless of their current subscription, will have access to online multiplayer gaming, (like Halo 4 Spartan Op) Internet Explorer, Video Kinect and our entire catalog of entertainment apps, during that time period.

major nelson

Hey Gamers-
Has anyone downloaded and have experience playing the GOD for the week "Warriors : Legends of Troy" ? It's $29.99 or 2400 MSPs.
It sucks the actual game disc isn't available in the U.S., and I just hate having such a large game like this on my hard drive. (Almost 6GB) And yes, I have a few 32GB USB drives I picked up from Newegg's sale from this weekend, and I already had some 16GB drives on hand.
I'm not concerned about the points, not the issue in the least, because I racked up BIG TIME over this BF weekend with the 1600MSP price matching. And purchasing the game would sorta be like getting it for half price anyway from the asking price.

I've looked at a few video reviews on Youtube, and I just haven't been swayed to pull the trigger to purchase, and then again, I haven't had the feeling to completely walk away from it. AAccck, why couldn't a physical copy be available in the U.S. !!! At least give me a demo Microsoft....geesh !!

Thanks for any insights and opinions you all have....appreciate it.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers-
Has anyone downloaded and have experience playing the GOD for the week "Warriors : Legends of Troy" ? It's $29.99 or 2400 MSPs.
It sucks the actual game disc isn't available in the U.S., and I just hate having such a large game like this on my hard drive. (Almost 6GB) And yes, I have a few 32GB USB drives I picked up from Newegg's sale from this weekend, and I already had some 16GB drives on hand.
I'm not concerned about the points, not the issue in the least, because I racked up BIG TIME over this BF weekend with the 1600MSP price matching. And purchasing the game would sorta be like getting it for half price anyway from the asking price.

I've looked at a few video reviews on Youtube, and I just haven't been swayed to pull the trigger to purchase, and then again, I haven't had the feeling to completely walk away from it. AAccck, why couldn't a physical copy be available in the U.S. !!! At least give me a demo Microsoft....geesh !!

Thanks for any insights and opinions you all have....appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

You the dev? This is the exact same thing you posted earlier and there was some comments. I get the feeling this is some poor attempt to advertise the game. Check back the last couple of pages if you are actually interested in comments.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']You the dev? This is the exact same thing you posted earlier and there was some comments. I get the feeling this is some poor attempt to advertise the game. Check back the last couple of pages if you are actually interested in comments.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not the dev.......and the only comment from earlier was mentioning price. I thought by posting it again, perhaps someone may have taken the plunge and could give some insight.

THANK YOU.

[quote name='krashhole']GTA IV is showing up as $19.99 Is it supposed to be $10?[/QUOTE]

I see $9.99 on the web site. Are you checking from a 360 with a Gold account?

[quote name='krashhole']GTA IV is showing up as $19.99 Is it supposed to be $10?[/QUOTE]

I see it listed for the $9.99 discounted price. It's a Deal of the Week so you have to be a Gold member to buy it at that price. If you are and it's not try looking on another source. Are you on your Xbox dashboard or xbox.com? If you've only tried one check the other.

[quote name='Tarheel76']No, I'm not the dev.......and the only comment from earlier was mentioning price. I thought by posting it again, perhaps someone may have taken the plunge and could give some insight.

THANK YOU.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, you just have to be careful went reposting your own comments, if you are a regular around here you would realize that spammers tend to do that...

Wasn't trying to come off as a jerk about it. Next time you want to bump a question why not just say something like "Anyone else have anything to say about X?" rather than copying and pasting your previous post.

FWIW you will find it very hard to find people here that have played a GoD only game that is priced seemingly a bit high. We are Cheapassgamers after all, there are quite a few of us that REALLY want Deathsmiles 2 (myself included), but aren't willing to shell out the cash. So a more obscure title is going to be even harder to get responses on.

[quote name='Bloomy']I see $9.99 on the web site. Are you checking from a 360 with a Gold account?[/QUOTE]Damn, didn't notice I wasn't signed in. Thanks!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']
That's cool, you just have to be careful went reposting your own comments, if you are a regular around here you would realize that spammers tend to do that...

Wasn't trying to come off as a jerk about it. Next time you want to bump a question why not just say something like "Anyone else have anything to say about X?" rather than copying and pasting your previous post.

FWIW you will find it very hard to find people here that have played a GoD only game that is priced seemingly a bit high. We are Cheapassgamers after all, there are quite a few of us that REALLY want Deathsmiles 2 (myself included), but aren't willing to shell out the cash. So a more obscure title is going to be even harder to get responses on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chrono -....appreciate it.....and I understand.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Thanks Chrono -....appreciate it.....and I understand.[/QUOTE]

No worries mate. My suggestion is if you want the game and you were able to get some of the cheap MSP last week I'd just pull the trigger. There's very little chance it'll be discounted and being relatively unknown it may get pulled before you get the chance to buy it on sale. I'm thinking that Deathsmiles 2 might be popular enough to get a sale, but that's a tough sell since it's a niche market.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']FWIW you will find it very hard to find people here that have played a GoD only game that is priced seemingly a bit high. We are Cheapassgamers after all, there are quite a few of us that REALLY want Deathsmiles 2 (myself included), but aren't willing to shell out the cash. So a more obscure title is going to be even harder to get responses on.[/QUOTE]

I will admit to buying it at full XBLM price, albeit with discounted points, so if anyone thinks they need someone else to buy it to "trigger" a sale, it hasn't worked. ;)

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers-

Thanks for any insights and opinions you all have....appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

If you love Dynasty Warrior games then you will probably like it. If you get bored of them quick then you won't because its pretty much like those with some blood and some other random stuff and doesn't have as many characters as them. I have the disc on ps3 which is available in US. 2400 seems a steep price to pay for it though I think I bought it for 29.99 used about 3 months ago on ps3.
I'd probably get if I didn't have the ps3 version all ready or if it was 1600.

Is it on the US marketplace? I can't find it on xbox.com

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']If you love Dynasty Warrior games then you will probably like it. If you get bored of them quick then you won't because its pretty much like those with some blood and some other random stuff. I have the disc on ps3 which is available in US. 2400 seems a steep price to pay for it though I think I bought it for 29.99 used about 6 months ago on ps3.
I'd probably get if I didn't have the ps3 version all ready or if it was 1600.

Is it on the US marketplace? I can't find it on xbox.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sleepy-
I think I'm going to splurge and get it despite the price.....normally I would never spend this much on a digital download, especially when I would like to have the physical disc...but since it's not available in the U.S., I don't have much of a choice.
I'm just thankful I stocked up on 1600MSP cards this past weekend.....so in a way I'm really only spending $15.00 for the game.

Got a random email from xbox with a 160msp code in it. Didn't say what for. subject title was "Get more of your favorite games with 160 points on us."

[quote name='Dthib87']Got a random email from xbox with a 160msp code in it. Didn't say what for. subject title was "Get more of your favorite games with 160 points on us."[/QUOTE]
Those are typically for folks who haven't bought much on their account. Congratulations, you've been branded a cheap-ass by Microsoft. :D

BTW, just quickly jammed a few updates mentioned from here in the thread into the OP:
  • next week's "Deadliest Warrior" DOTW
  • next week's "Dragon's Lair" Kinect Central
  • TBD for next week's Ubisoft publisher sale
  • this week's mysterious "Dogfight 1942" markdown
Format will be cleaned later, but had a few spare minutes to get them tracked.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']
  • next week's "Deadliest Warrior" DOTW
  • next week's "Dragon's Lair" Kinect Central
  • TBD for next week's Ubisoft publisher sale
  • this week's mysterious "Dogfight 1942" markdown
[/QUOTE]

Sooo... I'm not going to even hope for I Am Alive at 600 MSP, but at least let me have the latest Scott Pilgrim's DLC (Wallace Pack) at 50% off... pretty please? :bouncy:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I see it listed for the $9.99 discounted price. It's a Deal of the Week so you have to be a Gold member to buy it at that price. If you are and it's not try looking on another source. Are you on your Xbox dashboard or xbox.com? If you've only tried one check the other.

FWIW you will find it very hard to find people here that have played a GoD only game that is priced seemingly a bit high. We are Cheapassgamers after all, there are quite a few of us that REALLY want Deathsmiles 2 (myself included), but aren't willing to shell out the cash. So a more obscure title is going to be even harder to get responses on.[/QUOTE]

Oh Deathsmiles. Day one purchase there for me.

The DLC for Samurai Warriors however--- that I waited until there was a rewards item and cheap points to cave on. [grumbles]

[quote name='Junpei']Sooo... I'm not going to even hope for I Am Alive at 600 MSP, but at least let me have the latest Scott Pilgrim's DLC (Wallace Pack) at 50% off... pretty please? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

The non-Knives DLC is likely, since Knives was on sale already.

And, not sure if you missed it discussed, I AM ALIVE was on sale for 600pts last week at this time.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The non-Knives DLC is likely, since Knives was on sale already.

And, not sure if you missed it discussed, I AM ALIVE was on sale for 600pts last week at this time.[/QUOTE]

It was 800msp, that's why a lot of us didn't buy it. I know I'm hoping for it to be knocked down to 600 this time.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It was 800msp, that's why a lot of us didn't buy it. I know I'm hoping for it to be knocked down to 600 this time.[/QUOTE]

^ This :)
Yeah, I know I'm being picky over a measly 200 MSP, but sometimes I need justifications to contain my huge backlog a little...

[quote name='tylerh1701']It was 800msp, that's why a lot of us didn't buy it. I know I'm hoping for it to be knocked down to 600 this time.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping there's a decent sale at all. I read somewhere that it may be a Kinect-centric sale, but maybe that's not right. Maybe.

[quote name='Bosamba']I just bought Bully: Scholarship Edition New for $22.73 shipped from Ebay. 2 available http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clearance-Bully-Scholarship-Edition-Xbox-360-Game-/350654280183?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item51a49fb1f7.
I'd much rather have games on disc, and I was glad to find this for so cheap.[/QUOTE]

If anyone else out there was considering picking up a physical copy, supposedly some Five Below bargain stores had gotten copies a month ago (and were selling them for $5, hence the store's name) ...unfortunately, the only 5B I have anywhere near me never carried it, which I would assume is more the case than the exception.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']...I read somewhere that it may be a Kinect-centric sale, but maybe that's not right. Maybe.[/QUOTE]
I'm hesitant to buy any Kinect games outright since they make random ones free from time to time. That reminds me, I need to fire up that Intel advergame starring Capt. America guy and LMFAO guy sometime...:lol:

[quote name='chuckie88']I'm hesitant to buy any Kinect games outright since they make random ones free from time to time. That reminds me, I need to fire up that Intel advergame starring Capt. America guy and LMFAO guy sometime...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Understandable, but really all they've made freely available so far other than the Fun Labs are Haunt and Wreckateer. I would not count on them making a habit of giving out free Kinect games around every turn, unless you didn't want to pay for Kinect games anyway and are fine with potentially waiting a very long time.

Oh, and the Intel game you mentioned, but like you said: advergame.

[quote name='Junpei']Sooo... I'm not going to even hope for I Am Alive at 600 MSP, but at least let me have the latest Scott Pilgrim's DLC (Wallace Pack) at 50% off... pretty please? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

whats this about another SP dlc pack? xbox.com only shows knives.

@bajingo, in theory they were gonna release this past summer a new DLC adding multiplayer online and a new character, Wallace. But it was delayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bajingo']whats this about another SP dlc pack? xbox.com only shows knives.[/QUOTE]

There was an online compatabilty DLC that was supposed to have released for 400msp in August but I don't see it on Xbox.com either. I hope it didn't get pulled..

[quote name='Chrono Gear']There was an online compatabilty DLC that was supposed to have released for 400msp in August but I don't see it on Xbox.com either. I hope it didn't get pulled..[/QUOTE]

It never was published. As quietly as it disappeared, I have a bad feeling it's not happening. Then again, it would have been almost TWO YEARS to the day of the original game's release when the DLC was supposed to be published, so timing is obviously no concern.

Sonic the Fighters is great on XBLA. Love it-- playable Honey, Robotnik, and Metal Sonic. Plus it looks like it's natively in HD and being ran through some sort of anti-aliasing filter, so it looks very solid. I haven't played Virtua Fighter 2 or Fighting Vipers yet but I imagine the same kind of quality is there.

It was super cool to play Sonic the Fighters online. I'm not the biggest fan of fighting games, so I like that Sonic is a little more on the simple side. You can still do combos, just not 200 hit combos :p. And lastly, the game is cute as hell.

After finally finishing Alan Wake and its two DLC's, I really wish I could have bit on American Nightmare one of the 2 times it has been on sale. Will definitely pick it up next time...

hey cheapasses who like fighting games, buy fighting vipers. its only $4 with discounted points (which you all buy), and its a fantastic casual fighter especially for a live game where you can play it in small chunks and always have a blast smashing people through walls. Its the most unique of the am2 triplet (well sonic is but that's a little more novelty than pure fighter, and vf2 is only better than 5 in nostalgic eyes in most parts), vipers doesn't really have anything out thats quite like it but it has a lot going for it.

more importantly i'm trying to play online but no one else is searching to play. buy now and play plz lol. i don't buy fighters to just play the cpu so i'm disappointed it doesn't have a crowd even the first week of release, put down SF3:3S and play something more pick up and play for once (although with the depth of virtua fighter included, its still one of the easiest fighting games that exist to pick up and play. 3 buttons.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back