XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dark_inchworm']"Hell yes" if it's one big XBLA release, "umm hmm huh maybe" if it's more like Game Room[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my gut feeling says it's a capcom 'Game Room.'

Considering how short lived Game Room was (it didn't even last a whole year), I don't know if they'd go that route, despite having that thought. I'm still sticking with my "port of Capcom Classics Collection games" theory.

Now the only question is how much it'll cost.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']"Hell yes" if it's one big XBLA release, "umm hmm huh maybe" if it's more like Game Room[/QUOTE]

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" if it's one big XBLA release packed like a Game Room-style app, with virtual thematic cabinets designed like the ones in Final Fight Double Impact... a man can dream! :applause:

So I'm debating on picking up the AssCreed collection and diving into the series. I've always planned to at some point, but I never assumed it may be digitally. This prices aren't bad stacked with Target points. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've barely ever touched the series, and I know a lot of people don't like 1, but if I'm going to experience the franchise I probably plan on going all the way through.

Also debating the Price of Persia as well as its Epilogue, never heard anything about these remakes. Any merit to them?

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']So I'm debating on picking up the AssCreed collection and diving into the series. I've always planned to at some point, but I never assumed it may be digitally. This prices aren't bad stacked with Target points. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've barely ever touched the series, and I know a lot of people don't like 1, but if I'm going to experience the franchise I probably plan on going all the way through.

Also debating the Price of Persia as well as its Epilogue, never heard anything about these remakes. Any merit to them?[/QUOTE]

If you absolutely have to play AC1, play it first. There's no way you could go back to it after playing 2 or the other sequels.

But I'd still recommend skipping 1, it's extremely repetitive from a gameplay standpoint.

I've never bought any games from Xbox live market place besides the DLC. I'm assuming the purchased contents will stay in your account forever? Or does it only save on the hard drive only?
Thanks!

[quote name='TommyLove']I've never bought any games from Xbox live market place besides the DLC. I'm assuming the purchased contents will stay in your account forever? Or does it only save on the hard drive only?
Thanks![/QUOTE]
It'll stay tied to your account. You can redownload it anytime you want.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']So I'm debating on picking up the AssCreed collection and diving into the series. I've always planned to at some point, but I never assumed it may be digitally. This prices aren't bad stacked with Target points. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've barely ever touched the series, and I know a lot of people don't like 1, but if I'm going to experience the franchise I probably plan on going all the way through.[/QUOTE]I've heard several people suggest you just get the cliff notes from AC1 on Youtube and jump right to the good stuff in AC2.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Also debating the Price of Persia as well as its Epilogue, never heard anything about these remakes. Any merit to them?[/QUOTE]
The Epilogue DLC is the single piece of DLC that I most regret buying, and this is coming from someone who thought that the PoP reboot was rather well done. You are literally traveling down a single long bland looking hallway the entire time fighting the same enemies you've already seen countless times in the core game. I'd suggest that you'd pick up the game and skip the DLC.

[quote name='Brother Daz']It'll stay tied to your account. You can redownload it anytime you want.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I should redeem some of my cards to get ready for the Xbox live sales.

[quote name='Thrinn']I've heard several people suggest you just get the cliff notes from AC1 on Youtube and jump right to the good stuff in AC2.[/QUOTE]
I must be the one person who liked AC1.

The Epilogue DLC is the single piece of DLC that I most regret buying, and this is coming from someone who thought that the PoP reboot was rather well done. You are literally traveling down a single long bland looking hallway the entire time fighting the same enemies you've already seen countless times in the core game. I'd suggest that you'd pick up the game and skip the DLC.
Agree completely. It's a collection of the most frustrating platforming parts of the main game, and it all takes place in an ugly environment. The main game is pretty good, though.

[quote name='simmias']I must be the one person who liked AC1.
[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the game a lot when it first came out but I don't think I could go back to it now. ACII just improved everything about the experience.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']So I'm debating on picking up the AssCreed collection and diving into the series. I've always planned to at some point, but I never assumed it may be digitally. This prices aren't bad stacked with Target points. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've barely ever touched the series, and I know a lot of people don't like 1, but if I'm going to experience the franchise I probably plan on going all the way through.[/QUOTE]

Can't recommend AC1 enough due to the fact that it's the first and last to actually employ some degree of stealth tactics to complete missions. Plus, the story is interesting and thought-provoking without forcing itself into the crazy mashup of all conspiracy theories ever made like its successors did: it's like Lost's first season, full of mystery and unexplained (thus fascinating) things, while sequels try to throw a bunch of things into the equation, some nice and others much less so, while at the same time losing focus on the premises, again like Lost's following seasons.
Unfortunately, there's very little "gaming" aside from the assassinations, so all missions will start to feel the same after a short while...

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Also debating the Price of Persia as well as its Epilogue, never heard anything about these remakes. Any merit to them?[/QUOTE]

The 2008 remake was full of potential and truly gorgeous to behold, but ultimately fell short due to boring (albeit stunning) level design and dull combat... still, it was quite a pleasant journey for me to experience and I found the normal ending very "open" but perfectly fine. Take the DLC for completionism's sake, but keep in mind that it packs the most tedious aspects of the game and another ending which is worse than the first... :whistle2:#

AC1 may not compare to II, but remember guys and girls: achievements! ;)

So we're a few days into December... anybody know what's up with the family pack monthly markdown?

(was editing the op, done now.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was really hoping to see far cry 2 and dlc go on sale, but I guess they don't want to cannibalize far cry 3.

Having said that, the GoD version is actually competitively priced...

[quote name='Junpei']Can't recommend AC1 enough due to the fact that it's the first and last to actually employ some degree of stealth tactics to complete missions. Plus, the story is interesting and thought-provoking without forcing itself into the crazy mashup of all conspiracy theories ever made like its successors did: it's like Lost's first season, full of mystery and unexplained (thus fascinating) things, while sequels try to throw a bunch of things into the equation, some nice and others much less so, while at the same time losing focus on the premises, again like Lost's following seasons.
Unfortunately, there's very little "gaming" aside from the assassinations, so all missions will start to feel the same after a short while...

The 2008 remake was full of potential and truly gorgeous to behold, but ultimately fell short due to boring (albeit stunning) level design and dull combat... still, it was quite a pleasant journey for me to experience and I found the normal ending very "open" but perfectly fine. Take the DLC for completionism's sake, but keep in mind that it packs the most tedious aspects of the game and another ending which is worse than the first... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
These are both pretty spot-on assessments, IMO.

I don't know why I'm tempted on all the Games on Demand games. I've completed Assassin's Creed I and II and got rid of them and still own Brotherhood (completed but want to mop up achievements) and Revelations (haven't started). I passed on the ACII DLC but own all the rest. I have a copy of SC Conviction and the DLC but haven't started on either. Picked up the PoP Epilogue DLC on sale previously but no longer have the game so that one tempts me the most rather than tracking down a used copy. I heard Forgotten Sands isn't that great so it's a definite no. I think having it digitally and getting rid of the discs would make me feel less bad about my physical backlog but I'll save my points. All great deals for anyone who doesn't own any of them.

I'll have to play the trial for Might & Magic and Zeit 2 to see if I want them. I vaguely remember playing the latter but not biting at 400 MSP since it was cheaper on Steam at the time or something but at 200 MSP it's perfect.

Seeing the Deadliest Warrior stuff on disc makes me want to pass on that even though I have the first game w/out the DLC. Maybe I'll just grab the DLC and not get the sequel + DLC.

During Black Friday I bought the Batman AC GOTY. I hope it has a code for all the individual DLC and isn't on disc since I bought the Nightwing pack when it was on sale previously. If not, oh well.

I hope the countdown to the New Year sale is great with some new first time discounts otherwise I'll be sitting on these points for awhile.

Would someone like to give an opinion on which of the following I should purchase?

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World + Rayman 3 HD (400 + 400 = 800 MSP)

or

From Dust (800 MSP)

[quote name='Bramblefang']Would someone like to give an opinion on which of the following I should purchase?

or

From Dust (800 MSP)[/QUOTE]

Ignore weeman because Scott Pilgrim is awesome. I'd say go with the pair instead of biting on From Dust, and follow the herd of us waiting for a deeper discount.

Also, IMO, spending 800 on Trials HD would be a waste when you can commonly find the Trials/Limbo/Splosion Man disc for around $10.

Thanks for the opinions guys! I may just end up passing on AssCreed in its entirety again. I figure if I had really cared about playing it by now I would have and don't want to simply bite because I have an abundance of points. Would rather purchase non discounted content I genuinely have a lot of interest in.

Will probably grab the Persia remake though.

[quote name='Bramblefang']Would someone like to give an opinion on which of the following I should purchase?

or

Personally, I'd go with Scotty and the the Eggplant.

[quote name='wEEman33']All those game suck.

Spend the 800 on Trials HD.[/QUOTE]
Already own it :)

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll be jumping onto the bandwagon, crossing my fingers in hopes that From Dust drops a teeny bit more in price.

[quote name='Bramblefang']Already own it :)

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll be jumping onto the bandwagon, crossing my fingers in hopes that From Dust drops a teeny bit more in price.[/QUOTE]

Rayman and scott for sure, the first is a good platform game long and fun and the second is an amazing beat em up to play with friends (on the couch).

Both very fun games.

I was browsing XBLDB and happened to notice that even more Guitar Hero/DJ Hero DLC is on sale, though the selection is mostly crap, IMO. I squeezed 'em into the OP, but here they are again (without hyperlinks, because I'm a doodoohead):

Motörhead Track Pack (GH3) - 250 MSP ($3.13) - 50% off
The Killers Track Pack (GHWT) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Fall Out Boy Track Pack (GH5) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
KISS-mas Track Pack (GH:WoR) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Indie Hip Hop Mix Pack (DJH2) - 320 MSP ($4.00) - 50% off
deadmau5 Head - Red (Avatar Item) - 160 MSP ($2.00) - 50% off

Spylon, if you're reading this - your site didn't pick up the KISS-mas pack discount. I remember you asking me about similar things in a lengthy post several pages back, but frankly I'm not sure how I can assist you further.

I've never made a habit of buying avatar items, but I have to admit I'm tempted by the deadmau5 head.

or

The former without question simply because Scott Pilgrim is one of the best beat-em ups this generation. Rayman is a decent game from what I've played of it and From Dust seems like a decent novelty for 600msp. I just can't convince myself to buy it for 800. I almost never buy a game for more than 600 though.

[quote name='mpaullin']AC2. Still the best in the series.[/QUOTE]

I have been hearing this forever and i literally just played through the first game. With my 1200 MSP i bought AC2 and I bit on Sonic Fighters, im moving in with my sister and her kids loved the heck out of the demo and played that 60 seconds over and over... how could i not buy it?

I guess this is a final farewell for 2012 from me... i know im a hardhead but i also know that you guys have saved me alot of... well i dont know how to put it, money seems like its not a strong enough word because its more. The year i have been here has truly been eye opening and motivating to me for a lot of things.

I mean, just as a small example... Bing Rewards, do you guys realize that i have redeemed over 120 bucks worth of MSP this year? A whopping 90ish came from Bing Rewards alone and i never knew about it until you guys referred me when i was looking for a quick 100 msp to even my account out.

There are ways you can have the things you want, no matter how small or large it may be, and you can have it at YOUR price if you play your cards right.

I know, im a sap, but i really have appreciated CAG and im gonna miss you guys for the next month, mainly this thread...

Here is hoping that the days to xmas are crappy so i wont truly be missing anything :lol:

The best deal i redeemed this year, was my first post in this thread back in February, it all started there.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']I have been hearing this forever and i literally just played through the first game. With my 1200 MSP i bought AC2 and I bit on Sonic Fighters, im moving in with my sister and her kids loved the heck out of the demo and played that 60 seconds over and over... how could i not buy it?

I guess this is a final farewell for 2012 from me... i know im a hardhead but i also know that you guys have saved me alot of... well i dont know how to put it, money seems like its not a strong enough word because its more. The year i have been here has truly been eye opening and motivating to me for a lot of things.

I mean, just as a small example... Bing Rewards, do you guys realize that i have redeemed over 120 bucks worth of MSP this year? A whopping 90ish came from Bing Rewards alone and i never knew about it until you guys referred me when i was looking for a quick 100 msp to even my account out.

There are ways you can have the things you want, no matter how small or large it may be, and you can have it at YOUR price if you play your cards right.

I know, im a sap, but i really have appreciated CAG and im gonna miss you guys for the next month, mainly this thread...

Here is hoping that the days to xmas are crappy so i wont truly be missing anything :lol:

The best deal i redeemed this year, was my first post in this thread back in February, it all started there.[/QUOTE]

I am truly touched by your sentiments. Step with me over here, away from everyone else, and I'll be sure to give you a big sloppy dog kiss.

Scott Pilgrim is one of the best beat-em ups this generation

Considering there have been no good beat em ups this generation, that's not much of an accomplishment.

Sure, the art is nice and purdy, but everything else about Scott Pilgrim is inferior to the 1990s beat em up classics.

[quote name='wEEman33']Considering there have been no good beat em ups this generation, that's not much of an accomplishment.

Sure, the art is nice and purdy, but everything else about Scott Pilgrim is inferior to the 1990s beat em up classics.[/QUOTE]

I'll grant the genre has been pretty much non-existant this generation. Castle Crashers was pretty fun too. Other than those I can't really think of a good one in a while.

I have to disagree about SP's quality. The art is great, but so is the sound-music and effects. Plus the gameplay is about as fun as it gets for a beat-em up. Loved finding the hidden unlockables and the weapons were more than novel. The Heart Sword is a game-changer if you've never used it. Plus the boss fights were varied and fresh. The continued lack of online play is a tragedy and it really is far too late to make a difference but would be nice to see when it does finally happen. I still need to do the Knives DLC to retake my 100%.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'd like to know what beat-em-ups you played that were substantially better than Scott Pilgrim, and why...[/QUOTE]

nostalgia

if scott pilgrim was available in 1990, it would be the "best" beat em up ever

AC GOD sales are too little too late since I've gotten them at those prices elsewhere. I didn't like SC Conviction at all, so that's out. Prince of Persia: TFS is three times higher than the last sale price I remember for it, so that's also a no go.

[quote name='Barry Burton']nostalgia

if scott pilgrim was available in 1990, it would be the "best" beat em up ever[/QUOTE]

Damn, you translated his post and he hasn't even submitted yet! :D

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'd like to know what beat-em-ups you played that were substantially better than Scott Pilgrim, and why...[/QUOTE]

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I think Battletoads Double Dragon was better because it was so fuck'n brutally hard it was fun for some reason. I also really enjoyed Streets of Rage 2 and a few others I'm sure I'll think of. I think SP could stand with any of them.

Was thinking of Conviction, but it'd be cheaper with Gamestop's B2G1 deals and I'd have a physical copy to show off....I hope other publishers follow suit because I have much more invested with the others.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']So we finally get a game for 75% off (Zeit) and it's one I've purchased at 50% off and never got around to playing. Sunnuvabitch! [/QUOTE]

Same here. I'll try playing it this week and report back my impressions for those on the fence, but at only 200 msp it should be a no brainer for anyone who is entertained by the demo.

I'm tempted to finally get Babel Rising for my son, but I'm worried it will be another one of those Kinect games that's given away for free 2 weeks after it's been on sale.

Also considering one of those Assassin's Creed games, but I may be able to borrow it from a friend.

Splinter Cell Conviction was fun. I enjoyed the more battle intensive nature over the heavy stealth gameplay of its predecessors.

Play the demo of Zeit2 if you're interested in it, that will basically tell you what the whole game is. There are basically 4 or 5 zones of 4 levels each, with a boss at the end of each zone. A couple new weapons are thrown into the game as you advance, but besides that, the time-shifting mechanic is the only thing that makes this stand out from a generic shoot em up.

There are a few challenge levels thrown in as well to give the game a little bit more substance, but I really didn't spend a whole lot of time with them, save for the few I needed to play for achievements.

I remember cussing at the game a couple times during frustrating parts, and I do remember the final boss to be a bit of a pain. But I was also able to 200/200 it, which is something I don't do all that often (I think my completion percentage is like 46%) so that should tell you that the game is not a hard 200/200.

Speaking of frustrating, does anyone want to come to my house and play through spelunky for me, that game is so fucking hard but I wish I could get through it, ever.

Does anyone know if there are still people playing AC:Revelations multiplayer now that 3 is out? (Specifically, if people are still playing on the DLC playlists...)

[quote name='bajingo']Speaking of frustrating, does anyone want to come to my house and play through spelunky for me, that game is so fucking hard but I wish I could get through it, ever.[/QUOTE]

Haha fuck that game.

[quote name='Barry Burton']nostalgia

if scott pilgrim was available in 1990, it would be the "best" beat em up ever[/QUOTE]

it was.

river city ransom

games are so much alike

i love them both

So the Tony Hawk HD DLC finally comes out today. Even though I get how the math works I can't pay 400 points for 3 new stages. I'll wait for a sale next year I guess.

Dang, I'm actually considering getting AC2, but I've already beaten it, but just have like 4 achievements left (feathers and some other stuff). Hmm, maybe I'll just rent it or something, don't know if I can justify 10 dollars on a game I might not play again (but I sure as heck thing it's an amazing game). I might get the rest of the DLC for all the other AC games though plus some more arcade games.

With that said, anyone on the fence about AC that hasn't played it, buy them! AC1 is awesome IMO, but if you play it after any of its sequels, you might want to gouge your eyes out, it will be very boring, but I think it might be worth going through it and experiencing the game yourself.

[quote name='wEEman33']Considering there have been no good beat em ups this generation, that's not much of an accomplishment.

Sure, the art is nice and purdy, but everything else about Scott Pilgrim is inferior to the 1990s beat em up classics.[/QUOTE]

*shakes head*

Scott Pilgrim, Castle Crashers, and Double Dragon Neon are all quality titles.

Anyone on the fence about Splinter Cell: Conviction should pick it up. It's a great combination of stealth and 3rd person shooting/action. Lots of ways to approach situations, all of which are fun. Co-op and versus modes are also great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back