XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really, really need to do another Streets of Rage. The nostalgia for that awesome sort of setting and story that was perfect in the 90s, is very much a thing that Sega should cash in on.

I freaking love Scott Pilgrim (The Video Game). Everything about it, the sprites/ art style, the music (anamanaguchi's stuff here is one of my fav. VG soundtracks of all-time) & sound effects, the difficulty. One thing they messed up was no online multiplayer, but I hope that DLC still sees the light of day, even if years late.

Great, GREAT beat-em-up.

[quote name='eastx']Anyone on the fence about Splinter Cell: Conviction should pick it up. It's a great combination of stealth and 3rd person shooting/action. Lots of ways to approach situations, all of which are fun. Co-op and versus modes are also great.[/QUOTE]Also, if you're a fan of the TV series "24," it feels like you're in one of the seasons while you play as Sam Fisher.

[quote name='dominator']Dang, I'm actually considering getting AC2, but I've already beaten it, but just have like 4 achievements left (feathers and some other stuff). Hmm, maybe I'll just rent it or something, don't know if I can justify 10 dollars on a game I might not play again (but I sure as heck thing it's an amazing game). I might get the rest of the DLC for all the other AC games though plus some more arcade games.

With that said, anyone on the fence about AC that hasn't played it, buy them! AC1 is awesome IMO, but if you play it after any of its sequels, you might want to gouge your eyes out, it will be very boring, but I think it might be worth going through it and experiencing the game yourself.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s you pay full price for your msp? if not then it's easily justifiable ;)

[quote name='harry hood']Any opinions on Zeit2? The time mechanic has to at least be entertaining enough for 200msp[/QUOTE]

I picked it up yesterday without playing the demo. This reminded me how badly I suck at shooters. I regret spendign the 200 msps on it now. I recommend playing the demo first.

[quote name='bajingo']Speaking of frustrating, does anyone want to come to my house and play through spelunky for me, that game is so fucking hard but I wish I could get through it, ever.[/QUOTE]

I know someone who got 100% on it, but she's in Sweden so it'll cost you the cost of a trans-Atlantic flight. :)
Just play something else and pretend you don't have the game. Spelunky is the one game whose code I got a couple of times for free and I never bothered redeeming them.

[quote name='ooga']I picked it up yesterday without playing the demo. This reminded me how badly I suck at shooters. I regret spendign the 200 msps on it now. I recommend playing the demo first.[/QUOTE]

Haha ooga I've made that mistake a few times with the super cheap games, no more! Just played the demo and it all feels pretty uninspired, pass unless you looooove shmups made in this country. Art style looked just like everything was made of ghost boogers, rewind and FF features weren't enough to sell me on it. If still interested try the demo and see for yourself. Yeah it's only 200 msp, but people here often won't buy an 800 pt game and holdout for 600....

And spelunky has so much cool stuff I'll never get to see! Wish they made a patch with more lives, it could disable leader boards I don't care about that stuff

[quote name='bajingo']And spelunky has so much cool stuff I'll never get to see! Wish they made a patch with more lives, it could disable leader boards I don't care about that stuff[/QUOTE]

I made that exact comment when the game first came out. They definitely need to patch in an "easy mode" for us non-masochists. I definitely want to see that later levels too.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']They really, really need to do another Streets of Rage. The nostalgia for that awesome sort of setting and story that was perfect in the 90s, is very much a thing that Sega should cash in on.[/QUOTE]

News about this today, funnily enough. Prototype SoR footage leaked, unlikely to see the light of day.:

I hope they add the first 4 Splinter Cell games to XBLA arcade in the future.

I plan on getting all the DLC for Assassins Creed, even the multiplayer ones just to have them.

Is the splinter cell dlc worth getting? From the description it sounds like a multiplayer mode. Does anyone play it anymore?

[quote name='Althax']Is the splinter cell dlc worth getting? From the description it sounds like a multiplayer mode. Does anyone play it anymore?[/QUOTE]

You can play the maps in single player or co-op. They're all player-vs-AI based. I was able to find a couple of online games yesterday without too much work. Once you've played the maps that come with the game then you have a pretty good idea of what you can expect from the DLC maps.

about to try out guardians of middle earth the moba game on xbla. not sure how that will turn out i just don't see the important parts of mobas being able to be recreated on a controller. not having last hits and all that takes out a lot of what makes someone good at the genre. it's got pretty good reviews and i want to like it so we shall see.

When it comes to Spelunky, I wish they had more save points. Some levels are easier than others. I finally got far enough that I don't have to play those caves anymore (it's anoying when they ask you to donate bombs to make a shortcut and you don't have any). It's annoying but fun. Kind of like Zuma.

Nothing for me this week.

[quote name='Cage017']When it comes to Spelunky, I wish they had more save points. Some levels are easier than others. I finally got far enough that I don't have to play those caves anymore (it's anoying when they ask you to donate bombs to make a shortcut and you don't have any). It's annoying but fun. Kind of like Zuma.

Nothing for me this week.[/QUOTE]

Wait until you get further to see what he wants you to donate...

Conviction's DLC maps are fantastic, better than the main campaign's maps, I think. But you want to dick around in the Deniable Ops solo modes for a bit to make sure that stuff is up your alley.

I want to like Zeit2 but I cannot manage to buy it because of the DRM on the PC version.

Spelunky bores me. Yes, it's hard, but it certainly isn't fun.

[quote name='wEEman33']Considering there have been no good beat em ups this generation, that's not much of an accomplishment.

Sure, the art is nice and purdy, but everything else about Scott Pilgrim is inferior to the 1990s beat em up classics.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'll grant the genre has been pretty much non-existant this generation. Castle Crashers was pretty fun too. Other than those I can't really think of a good one in a while.

I have to disagree about SP's quality. The art is great, but so is the sound-music and effects. Plus the gameplay is about as fun as it gets for a beat-em up. Loved finding the hidden unlockables and the weapons were more than novel. The Heart Sword is a game-changer if you've never used it. Plus the boss fights were varied and fresh. The continued lack of online play is a tragedy and it really is far too late to make a difference but would be nice to see when it does finally happen. I still need to do the Knives DLC to retake my 100%.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'd like to know what beat-em-ups you played that were substantially better than Scott Pilgrim, and why...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']*shakes head*

Scott Pilgrim, Castle Crashers, and Double Dragon Neon are all quality titles.

Anyone on the fence about Splinter Cell: Conviction should pick it up. It's a great combination of stealth and 3rd person shooting/action. Lots of ways to approach situations, all of which are fun. Co-op and versus modes are also great.[/QUOTE]

DAMN EVERY ONE OF YOU PHILISTINES. Have NONE of you played Shank 2?! Streets of Rage Remake?! Double Dragon Iphone?! And that's just THIS year. I hope you all choke. You're just as bad as the people who think adventure games died after Grim Fandango and none at all were released until Telltale started Sam and Max.

I will agree that Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers are a far cry from great. They are decent but nobody is going to remember them down the line. Double Dragon Neon was dumb fun but I still think it is weak compared against every DD on the SNES and later.

Just to chime in on the Spelunky discussion, I grabbed it on sale about two weeks ago and I have to say that its one of my most regrettable purchases on XBLA ever. I pulled the trigger based on nearly everyone who frequents this threads overbearing enthusiasm for the title, but I just see no magic in it at all. I can't seem to squeeze any fun out of it at all while playing, and its not due to the difficulty mind you. I just find it uninspired and would always rather be doing/playing something else.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Just to chime in on the Spelunky discussion, I grabbed it on sale about two weeks ago and I have to say that its one of my most regrettable purchases on XBLA ever. I pulled the trigger based on nearly everyone who frequents this threads overbearing enthusiasm for the title, but I just see no magic in it at all. I can't seem to squeeze any fun out of it at all while playing, and its not due to the difficulty mind you. I just find it uninspired and would always rather be doing/playing something else.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad. I put a lot of time into spelunky and still love it.

[quote name='Thrinn']That collection doesn't include SC: Conviction. If you're interested in just getting the first three SC games and you have a PS3, then yes, it's a better deal.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, thanks! I'm assuming SC: Conviction is only on the 360?

[quote name='TommyLove']Oh yeah, thanks! I'm assuming SC: Conviction is only on the 360?[/QUOTE]

360 and PC.

[quote name='Dthib87']That's too bad. I put a lot of time into spelunky and still love it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its disappointing. I guess it just doesn't click with some people. I'm glad people enjoy it, just wish I was one of them. At least I didn't purchase it day one.

[quote name='RollingSkull']DAMN EVERY ONE OF YOU PHILISTINES. Have NONE of you played Shank 2?! Streets of Rage Remake?! Double Dragon Iphone?! And that's just THIS year. I hope you all choke. You're just as bad as the people who think adventure games died after Grim Fandango and none at all were released until Telltale started Sam and Max.

I will agree that Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers are a far cry from great. They are decent but nobody is going to remember them down the line. Double Dragon Neon was dumb fun but I still think it is weak compared against every DD on the SNES and later.[/QUOTE]

I was in essence asking for his clarified opinion, you dumbass.

[quote name='RollingSkull']DAMN EVERY ONE OF YOU PHILISTINES. Have NONE of you played Shank 2?! Streets of Rage Remake?! Double Dragon Iphone?! And that's just THIS year. I hope you all choke. You're just as bad as the people who think adventure games died after Grim Fandango and none at all were released until Telltale started Sam and Max.[/QUOTE]

Shank 1 & 2 FTW this generation. I really didn't like Scott Pilgrim, it's a pretty game, but boring as hell.

BTW finally got AC II and I feel dirty for using so many space points for a saga It never really interested me. But as everyone says it's the best AC at least if I ever play one of the saga it will be this one. As a side note, Resident evil saga never interested me and now I'm playing RE4HD in profesional difficulty. Amazing game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']
DAMN EVERY ONE OF YOU PHILISTINES. Have NONE of you played Shank 2?! Streets of Rage Remake?! Double Dragon Iphone?! And that's just THIS year. I hope you all choke. You're just as bad as the people who think adventure games died after Grim Fandango and none at all were released until Telltale started Sam and Max.

I will agree that Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers are a far cry from great. They are decent but nobody is going to remember them down the line. Double Dragon Neon was dumb fun but I still think it is weak compared against every DD on the SNES and later.[/QUOTE]

Shank 1 was awesome. Waiting on a sale on 2 so yea that is probably a great one too. Can we count the SoR remake if it hasn't officially been sanctioned or released? Regarding DD for iPhone, nope, I just straight missed that one. As soon as it drops to my $0.99 price point I'll get it. Until then it can wait.

Adventure games? Meh, I haven't played anything really good in a long time. I played through the first 2 seasons of Sam & Max recently and they were good, but nothing special at all. Funny, but only sporadically.

I'm still going to have to disagree about SP not being great. I contend it is an all around great game. It won't be remembered because nobody played it. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a special place in history. It's not an epic game or the best that ever existed or anything, but it's still great fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']Double Dragon Neon was dumb fun but I still think it is weak compared against every DD on the SNES and later.[/QUOTE]Is RollingSkull a... a Double Dragon V fan? :hot:

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Just to chime in on the Spelunky discussion, I grabbed it on sale about two weeks ago and I have to say that its one of my most regrettable purchases on XBLA ever. I pulled the trigger based on nearly everyone who frequents this threads overbearing enthusiasm for the title, but I just see no magic in it at all. I can't seem to squeeze any fun out of it at all while playing, and its not due to the difficulty mind you. I just find it uninspired and would always rather be doing/playing something else.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm loving spelunky! It's tough but I just enjoy the fun gameplay a lot. It works wellon me!

[quote name='Thrinn']Is RollingSkull a... a Double Dragon V fan? :hot:[/QUOTE]

N-n-now wait a minute. Let's not be hasty here. I clearly, plainly misspoke.

You don't just SAY that about a man.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Shank 1 was awesome. Waiting on a sale on 2 so yea that is probably a great one too. Can we count the SoR remake if it hasn't officially been sanctioned or released? Regarding DD for iPhone, nope, I just straight missed that one. As soon as it drops to my $0.99 price point I'll get it. Until then it can wait.

Adventure games? Meh, I haven't played anything really good in a long time. I played through the first 2 seasons of Sam & Max recently and they were good, but nothing special at all. Funny, but only sporadically.

I'm still going to have to disagree about SP not being great. I contend it is an all around great game. It won't be remembered because nobody played it. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a special place in history. It's not an epic game or the best that ever existed or anything, but it's still great fun.[/QUOTE]

I will agree to disagree with you on SP. DD on Iphone likely won't drop though. I think the devs are foreign enough that they don't "get" Ibuzz.

And Shank 2 is SUCH a marked improvement that I cannot even play Shank 1 again. It's just that good. While you wait, you should check to see the update notes for Shank 1. They went back and redid that to have right-stick dodging among other things.

I'm here for you.

[quote name='merchie89']For Revelations, is the Lost Archive DLC worth the 400? Getting the game, dont wanna waste points for lame DLC[/QUOTE]

only if you like the parts of AC:R where you play as desmond. i hated that part and wouldn't pay to play it again.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I will agree to disagree with you on SP. DD on Iphone likely won't drop though. I think the devs are foreign enough that they don't "get" Ibuzz.

And Shank 2 is SUCH a marked improvement that I cannot even play Shank 1 again. It's just that good. While you wait, you should check to see the update notes for Shank 1. They went back and redid that to have right-stick dodging among other things.[/QUOTE]

Your probably right about Double Dragon on iPhone. It dropped to $2 last july and there hasn't been any change since so I might have to cave and just buy it.

Maybe I should go back and play through Shank 1 again. I really did enjoy it. I'm kind of expecting Shank 2 to go on sale during the holidays.

[quote name='merchie89']For Revelations, is the Lost Archive DLC worth the 400? Getting the game, dont wanna waste points for lame DLC[/QUOTE]
Only get it if you want the achievements. Seriously. It's awful. Watch a bit of it on YouTube.

[quote name='RollingSkull'] They are decent but nobody is going to remember them down the line.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. Best soundtrack for a video game in the past 10+ years, heartwarming 8-bit sprites/art style (by Paul Robertson), a movie game that's actually REALLY good = very memorable.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime'] At least I didn't purchase it day one.[/QUOTE]

I did, and I love it still. To me, it's between Spelunky and Fez for XBLA game of the year.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wait until you get further to see what he wants you to donate...[/QUOTE]

LOL with the key.

In retrospect it is amazing how hard it was at the time and how easy is now.

[quote name='sicsonic']Speak for yourself. Best soundtrack for a video game in the past 10+ years, heartwarming 8-bit sprites/art style (by Paul Robertson), a movie game that's actually REALLY good = very memorable.
[/QUOTE]

Its actually a comic game.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Its actually a comic game.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I watched the movie the day it came out, beat the game when it first released, but I can't believe I missed that this was a Comic/Graphic Novel. :applause:

I said "Movie Game" because there's not a lot of good ones out there, specifically ones that are 2D. That and "Comic Game" doesn't really have enough titles to form a genre, unless you're counting games like Arkham City, X-Men Destiny, any TMNT game, Gotham City Impostors, Marvel vs Capcom, or stuff like that because they're based off comic book characters. I don't hear people ever use that term.

Anybody here hate stealth games and play Splinter Cell? I hear about it being a departure or whatever but I really hate the stealth genre. However, playing through Dishonored twice showed me I enjoy more when I don't feel forced into it. I hated Deus Ex because it preached not only being stealth then gave no ammo or anything at the start.

[quote name='sicsonic']Oh really? I watched the movie the day it came out, beat the game when it first released, but I can't believe I missed that this was a Comic/Graphic Novel. :applause:

I said "Movie Game" because there's not a lot of good ones out there, specifically ones that are 2D. That and "Comic Game" doesn't really have enough titles to form a genre, unless you're counting games like Arkham City, X-Men Destiny, any TMNT game, Gotham City Impostors, Marvel vs Capcom, or stuff like that because they're based off comic book characters. I don't hear people ever use that term.[/QUOTE]

My point being the reason that its good is because its source material is far more than a cheap movie tie-in cash grab.

[quote name='biledriver']Anybody here hate stealth games and play Splinter Cell? I hear about it being a departure or whatever but I really hate the stealth genre. However, playing through Dishonored twice showed me I enjoy more when I don't feel forced into it. I hated Deus Ex because it preached not only being stealth then gave no ammo or anything at the start.[/QUOTE]
I'm terrible at stealth games, but Splinter Cell is no where as unforgiving as Deus Ex, where if you put your stats in one thing over the other you're kinda fucked in playing that way. Splinter Cell gives you multiple paths to take down enemies, like say wait for a patrol to split up or put them in alert by destroying a car light then take them down one by one. That and it gives you enough bullets and gadgets to not make it too overwhelming.

Anybody think Dragonborn DLC will see a little price discount when XBL does holiday sales coming up? I want to pick it up but I know I wont play much in the next few weeks so I'd be willing to wait to see if theres a price drop, curious if anybody else is in a similar boat.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Anybody think Dragonborn DLC will see a little price discount when XBL does holiday sales coming up? I want to pick it up but I know I wont play much in the next few weeks so I'd be willing to wait to see if theres a price drop, curious if anybody else is in a similar boat.[/QUOTE]
It won't happen. 360 has it months before PC and PS3 will, there's no point at all in doing so.

[quote name='bardockkun']It won't happen. 360 has it months before PC and PS3 will, there's no point at all in doing so.[/QUOTE]
Maybe Dawnguard and Hearthfire though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back