XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fatboyjam']Since today's deal isn't doing much for conversation, anybody interested in brainstorming how to do a better CAG XBLA gaming group?

There are the occasional "add me if you buy x" posts. And a few "can somebody help me finish up x achievements." I've always wondered if we could get something more formal setup for playing and finishing games with one another in a way regulars to this forum can use and refer to as they shop/consider the games that go on sale.

One example is for the fighters genre: Mtltom's X360 Fighting forum does a real nice job organizing for multiple games as well as creating a community. What if we group XBLA games by genre so CAGs visiting this forum can find plenty of (mostly) friendly people to play them with as they buy the games that go on sale. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great idea and not sure how somebody hasn't done it yet. I don't know how often I'd use it to wrap up achievements (being a member of TA), however, there's older games I'd love to be able to play again. Perfect Dark comes to mind. Or we could set up games of Magic DOTP, Carcassone,etc, the possibilities are endless.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Well I just fucked myself out of 1800+ msp. I forgot the email and live account of the profile I used to download the borderlands 2 season pass when it was free. Merry Christmas to me :roll:[/QUOTE]

If it was free then you didn't lose anything.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Since today's deal isn't doing much for conversation, anybody interested in brainstorming how to do a better CAG XBLA gaming group?

There are the occasional "add me if you buy x" posts. And a few "can somebody help me finish up x achievements." I've always wondered if we could get something more formal setup for playing and finishing games with one another in a way regulars to this forum can use and refer to as they shop/consider the games that go on sale.[/QUOTE]
Maybe a Wiki Thread on the Xbox 360 page? Something where people could post up requests on the main post, and see if interest from other players is noticed. If enough is gained, then people could decide on a time.

If it's a Wiki Post, maybe have a rule to put up requests for a maximum of 30 days? Just put the date of the listing in your request, and it could then be taken down. And maybe have 1 request per poster? You can always re-list, it's just so that the post doesn't run out of space.

Maybe even have a listing on the page of people who help often enough, to let other players know who to ask for help if they really need it.

Just rambling...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Superpumped for Dust. Will go for Hybrid and Deadlight if they go batshit and lower those to 400.[/QUOTE]
I Was thinking the same time, though more so for Deadlight for 400. The two hour length and problematic melee mechanics I keep hearing about makes me think that's the right price for it.

I don't understand why Dungeon Fighter is always a part of the fighting games sales. It's not in any way a fighting game. I got it last time for 400 points and it's fun, but not a fighting game. Give me Soul Calibur half off >_>

[quote name='MagmaOasis']I don't understand why Dungeon Fighter is always a part of the fighting games sales. It's not in any way a fighting game. I got it last time for 400 points and it's fun, but not a fighting game. Give me Soul Calibur half off >_>[/QUOTE]
To be fair with the upcoming sale, it'll be the second time it's on sale and both times being mashed with fighting games. So not a super recurring theme, but it does have FIGHTER in the title. So maybe the theme if anything is "Games with 'fighter' in the title".

[quote name='JStryke']That sounds like a great idea and not sure how somebody hasn't done it yet. I don't know how often I'd use it to wrap up achievements (being a member of TA), however, there's older games I'd love to be able to play again. Perfect Dark comes to mind. Or we could set up games of Magic DOTP, Carcassone,etc, the possibilities are endless.[/QUOTE]

I think we're on the same page here. What if we used the CAG groups to do something like this:

CAG Card and Board Group

Just a quick little mockup of a group that's pretty niched and specific (so it'd appeal to that type of gamer and promote a little community.) It could include discussions for planning game nights, achievement hunting, maybe strategy, etc.

I know it's off topic and the sales are about to pick up again. However, if anybody's interested in fleshing this out, please PM me. Maybe we can work out a format that would be appealing to this forum and then add a few links for these groups to the 1st or 2nd post of this forum to build it.

Dust and Deadlight are 600, and Hybrid is 400. Prices aren't showing up unless you click on the buy game link.

Edit: Prices are live, thank you Cornelius.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']Well I just fucked myself out of 1800+ msp. I forgot the email and live account of the profile I used to download the borderlands 2 season pass when it was free. Merry Christmas to me :roll:[/QUOTE]

And you didn't save additional proofs when MS recommended it? For shame!!!

BTW, here's a recap of the articles posted by Xbox leadership on the how & why to add proofs. It's VITAL that everyone do this for their account, so that you can:
  1. require cell-phone codes to change identity / passwords / payment info
  2. restrict PC access to just those you authorize
  3. grant a 2nd account access to receive password-reset instructions/links
It literally takes only 30-60 seconds to login on a PC / 360 to add the info, but with these "strong" protections in place (yes, that's a real security-related term), you'll increase your protection by 100x.

First document explaining the program & getting started ...
[gs]0AkRGhTTk9OiFdGhjSHVGTEpUVzZNcW9hdXdYZVFyUnc[/gs]

Second document explaining the "why" of it all ...
[gs]0AkRGhTTk9OiFdEdqVkFfNFNJU09FVV9VUmtQaTgxYlE[/gs]

ReddJoey, these seem like relevant items to stick in the #2 or #3 posts of the thread (and I literally copied them word-for-word with no edits) ... what do you think? The advantage of having them as Google spreadsheets allows embedding in messages, rather than trust Xbox.com to retain the URL destinations.

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']Dust and Deadlight are 600, and Hybrid is 400. Prices aren't showing up unless you click on the buy game link.[/QUOTE]

Xbox.com now reflects pricing for Dust & Deadlight ... Hybrid is a little late, but I'm sure it'll be live within a few minutes. Lighting up the OP right now! :)

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']Dust and Deadlight are 600, and Hybrid is 400. Prices aren't showing up unless you click on the buy game link.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Guess I'm going to pick up Deadlight, looks like it is slightly enjoyable and it is a pretty easy 400/400. After buying 10x 1600 points cards on Black Friday, I haven't been to picky on sale prices.

I was thinking I would go for Hybrid for 400, and here it is. Does it have enough users playing it?

Deadlight for 600 is iffy. Can't decide if a couple hours of gameplay is good enough. Dust seems like a good deal for 600.

Just a reminder to anyone looking to bite on Hybrid for the price that it is multiplayer only. Not every review I read mentioned that and as someone that doesn't play competitive online games at all, it was a pretty big point.

Hybrid is an incredibly good game, except for one huge problem. The matchmaking system is horrible. I keep hoping they will patch in a solution, but until that day be prepared to spend quite some time waiting for a match to get put together. It is my favorite shooter, but I often quit out of frustration after only playing a couple matches cause I just can't handle the waiting.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']How is the community for Hybrid? And are the achievements impossibly hard? i wasn't expecting it to just be 400.[/QUOTE]

Not as much hard as it is time consuming. You have to Prestige 5 times!!
Which just seems to be a ploy to make you pay for the XP boosters

I'll be getting Dust when I get home. Tried the demo and didn't expect it to be as great as it was.

Deadlight is a maybe, but those song references in the achievements may be enough to sway me.

Cool, picked up Deadlight and now I am done with these sales aside from the free Walking Dead Episode.

I'll have to pop in Hybrid to check on the community, I picked it up during SoA and thought it was a fun game worth my 15 bucks (10 bucks would have been my recommended price for others). The matchmaking didn't bother me that much, it was the completely unbalanced factions which defeated the whole point of having the meta war. The actual combat is very fun and involves more strategy than your typical shooter.

Definitely buying Dust. Deadlight would have been an instabuy had it been 400, but I'll have to try the demo now. Hybrid at 400 is a nice surprise, but I already have plenty of shooters to play.

400 MSP for Hybrid? Sure, impulse buy. Dust was part of the plan already, I wanted it badly enough. As for Deadlight, it looks cool and all but I believe I'll hold out for the next go-round.

Dust trailer looks alright, but deadlight looks amazing. however, i'm not really a platformer fan. If only deadlight have co-op, I'll instant buy!

[quote name='fatboyjam']I think we're on the same page here. What if we used the CAG groups to do something like this:

CAG Card and Board Group

Just a quick little mockup of a group that's pretty niched and specific (so it'd appeal to that type of gamer and promote a little community.) It could include discussions for planning game nights, achievement hunting, maybe strategy, etc.

I know it's off topic and the sales are about to pick up again. However, if anybody's interested in fleshing this out, please PM me. Maybe we can work out a format that would be appealing to this forum and then add a few links for these groups to the 1st or 2nd post of this forum to build it.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in joining this group. A lot of my XBLA games aren't multiplayer (many of them should be) but it'd be nice having people to play with from CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Daemonocracy']I'd be interested in joining this group. A lot of my XBLA games aren't multiplayer (many of them should be) but it's be nice having people to play with from CAG.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interesting in doing... something... with some community element involving XBL. ??? I rarely game on XBL for fear of idiots, but I have plenty of multiplayer cheevos across who knows how many games that I'd like to scrape up. I'm wanting to hit that 25K gamerscore before much more time has elapsed. 2% back would've been nice for this month...

[quote name='fatboyjam']I think we're on the same page here. What if we used the CAG groups to do something like this:

CAG Card and Board Group

I know it's off topic and the sales are about to pick up again. However, if anybody's interested in fleshing this out, please PM me. Maybe we can work out a format that would be appealing to this forum and then add a few links for these groups to the 1st or 2nd post of this forum to build it.[/QUOTE]

I'm definately interested in joining groups. It would be nice to hunt achievements and play online with my older backlog games. I've been a member of x360a.com for a while and they've been really helpful with stuff like that.

Thanks for keeping this thread bumped guys. I almost forgot about this sale. I picked up Tony Hawk and Dust, and I'll be picking up all the episodes of The Walking Dead once Friday rolls around. Is it safe to assume they'll all be 200 apiece? If so, I'll probably pick up Trials Evolution as well, since that'd leave me at 70 MSP.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler'] Is it safe to assume they'll all be 200 apiece? If so, I'll probably pick up Trials Evolution as well, since that'd leave me at 70 MSP.[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't assume 200 each at all. I assumed 300 each but I'm not even sure that will be accurate. The first 2 or 3 episodes I would guess to be 200 but episode 4 & 5 aren't really that old. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't discounted at all.

Then again, I'm wondering if they just might do a package deal instead of individual sales. All 5 episodes for 1200 or 1600 or something. That way you end up paying for episode 1 even if you get it free.

But that could just be my paranoia talking.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Is it safe to assume they'll all be 200 apiece? [/QUOTE]
God, I hope so, but they could do some weird number that doesn't have a nice round percentage off (I swear I remember there being a sale for 32% off once)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Nice to see Hybrid at 400, but I still can't justify buying it since it doesn't offer any single player content. MP just isn't my thing.[/QUOTE]

+1

In for the other two tonight. Going to play Dust as soon as I can. Been waiting for it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']+1

In for the other two tonight. Going to play Dust as soon as I can. Been waiting for it.[/QUOTE]

It's great. My XBLA GOTY so far, though I still need to wrap up Mark of the Ninja.

[quote name='Althax']No, I wouldn't assume 200 each at all. I assumed 300 each but I'm not even sure that will be accurate. The first 2 or 3 episodes I would guess to be 200 but episode 4 & 5 aren't really that old. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't discounted at all.

Then again, I'm wondering if they just might do a package deal instead of individual sales. All 5 episodes for 1200 or 1600 or something. That way you end up paying for episode 1 even if you get it free.

But that could just be my paranoia talking.[/QUOTE]

I do not think you are paranoid at all. I would not be surpirsed if the free episode 1 is the only discount. I am just hoping for any discount

Dust is amazing. Even if you didn't know that 1 guy did it all (almost all) and had to learn programming to do it, it's amazing on its own. Puts many seasoned programming veterans to shame (you hear me, Capcom???).

Mark of the Ninja is amazing so far as well. Microsoft is really publishing some gems this year.

[quote name='Markew001']Heck yes, me too. Still on the fence with Tony Hawk..[/QUOTE]

I was honestly going to pick up Tony Hawk until I read the negative feedback on this thread. Decided to put those points +200 into Bully instead (glad I did).

Tony Hawk is garbage, please don't buy it. I got it out of nostalgia and instead I got a bag of dog crap burning on my digital doorstep.

Picked up Deadlight and Dust! Been waiting for those. I know its super old, but I wish Rocket Knight would go on sale at some point.

[quote name='nnthomas']Tony Hawk is garbage, please don't buy it. I got it out of nostalgia and instead I got a bag of dog crap burning on my digital doorstep.[/QUOTE]
Oops too late. I don't think anyone plays this online tried finding some games

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thanks for keeping this thread bumped guys. I almost forgot about this sale. I picked up Tony Hawk and Dust, and I'll be picking up all the episodes of The Walking Dead once Friday rolls around. Is it safe to assume they'll all be 200 apiece? If so, I'll probably pick up Trials Evolution as well, since that'd leave me at 70 MSP.[/QUOTE]

With episode 1 free, that would mean the complete season would only cost $10. That would make it even cheaper than the steam deal. Find it hard to believe XBLA could beat steam, but we'll see. I would actually buy the episodes if they were 200 a piece. As it is now I'm just planning on grabbing the free episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back