XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dirtyvu']Dust might be released via the Windows Store... :razz:[/QUOTE]

Where have you heard this?

[quote name='Sath666']Trials deals are live - everything 50% off, except Trials Evolution (33% off). Inb4 the rage. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing this? They all look full-priced to me.

EDIT: Never mind, they literally just updated on my end.

I'm only on the first level so obviously things can and probably will change, but I'm having a ton of fun with Fez so far. Really glad I picked it up. Also, I had no idea Trials Evolution had new DLC that just came out this past week. Too bad that wasn't on sale too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Really? The majority of the posters in the thread are PS+ members, so it's very relevant information.[/QUOTE]

there's a reason we have multiple forums. for PS+ stuff, stick to the Playstation forum. For people that own both, they can visit both forums.

it's already unwieldly enough that this thread has become the let's-hang-out-and-talk-about-anything-and-everything, but to throw in talking about Playstation stuff is just too much.

[quote name='tunavi']If you dont buy Trials HD or Evo, sell your xbox.[/QUOTE]

Trials HD was awesome, but I'm waiting for the PC version of Evo.

[quote name='dirtyvu']there's a reason we have multiple forums. for PS+ stuff, stick to the Playstation forum. For people that own both, they can visit both forums.

it's already unwieldly enough that this thread has become the let's-hang-out-and-talk-about-anything-and-everything, but to throw in talking about Playstation stuff is just too much.[/QUOTE]
I've been done with the conversation for a while now, so you should've just ignored it and let it die rather than dragging it out even further.

I'll have to pick up the Trials Evo DLC a little later tonight.

FFS Frisky leave this thread alone. I have to go to the PSN blog every week because your OP is so busy, we don't need that here. I don't care to give feedback on your thread I just don't want you ruining this one that works great for the majority of us.

[quote name='Sath666']Trials deals are live - everything 50% off, except Trials Evolution (33% off). Inb4 the rage. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, fuck. That screws up my plans for the Walking Dead stuff then, even if they do end up at half off each. :/ Someone convince me to buy Trials Evo. I downloaded Trials HD a while back and only played the first few levels. It seems like it could be fun, but is there something I didn't get into that makes it the really great game people praise all the time?

Trials franchise goes on sale often enough, and I have to say no to _something_ good during this sale. Besides, I have the disc version of trials and it isn't exactly catching my xbox on fire.

I would argue that Nuts & Bolts is a much better game than Evo for 600 MSP, and it's never been on sale.

What's the plural form of post? Posts sounds wrong but maybe it's cuz I did that thing where I said it in my head over and over again until the whole word just sounded weird.

So is Trials Evo anything but a very hard physics based motorcycle game?

I apolgize for even mentioning the forbidden words of the other console, so I'll refrain from mentioning them here from now on so I don't cause a minor ruckus. You can continue with your XBL Deals chatter now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I apolgize for even mentioning the forbidden words of the other console, so I'll refrain from mentioning them here from now on so I don't cause a minor ruckus. You can continue with your XBL Deals chatter now.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate any information so I would not worry about what some people think. 90% of posts are not helpful (I contribute to that also) so any information relevant to video games in general I want to hear about them.

Anyway, I got Deadlight and Dust. Deadlight was just interesting enough that I had to see the entire thing and Dust is one of the prettiest games I have played in a long while.

Any TurboGrafx-16 sales going on???

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Xbox and PSN sales are compete and utter shit compared to Steam sales.

[quote name='Indignate']Some post in here are very defensive for no reason.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']xbox sales are srs buizness[/QUOTE]
Fo' sho, bros.

[quote name='Spokker']Any TurboGrafx-16 sales going on???

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Xbox and PSN sales are compete and utter shit compared to Steam sales.[/QUOTE]

Too bad you have to buy a new video card every 18 months to save all that cash. ;)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is trails HD a really hard and frustrating game? I would like to give the series a try and for 400 msp, it sounds like a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it much. But, for 400 Space Bucks, you will get fun out of it.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Xbox and PSN sales are compete and utter shit compared to Steam sales.[/QUOTE]
Not this year. I don't think any of the big three are really providing us with jaw-dropping sales. There have been some good deals here and there, but nothing that completely outshines the competition.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is trails HD a really hard and frustrating game? I would like to give the series a try and for 400 msp, it sounds like a good deal.[/QUOTE]

the later levels start to get frustrating but I am not the best at the physics type games. There is still a lot in the beginning to have fun with and most likely you will have enough fun to justify 400 points even if you never finish.

[quote name='tunavi']If you dont buy Trials HD or Evo, sell your xbox.[/QUOTE]

I would rather them be PS exclusives so I wouldn't have to hear anyone in this thread mention them again. :booty:

Personally I've loved this sale, I ended up picking up Deadlight, Dust, Trials Evo + DLC, Serious Sam 3 + DLC, THPS, Trine 2, Hell Yeah, Mark of the Ninja and I'm still contemplating a couple others. Now if I can only find the time to play them all.

On a side note, does anyone else feel like they've become a digital hoarder? Cause I think I might have a problem.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Well, fuck. That screws up my plans for the Walking Dead stuff then, even if they do end up at half off each. :/ Someone convince me to buy Trials Evo. I downloaded Trials HD a while back and only played the first few levels. It seems like it could be fun, but is there something I didn't get into that makes it the really great game people praise all the time?[/QUOTE]

It's just a really, really awesome physic game. If you don't get the fun of it by the time you play a few levels, it's probably not for you.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']So, to try to get back onto topic, did anybody that bought Deadlight regret it or are you enjoying? Heard it was short. Just looking for some opinions of cags.[/QUOTE]
My review points out the highs and lows

http://panicgamer.com/XBOX_360-detail/review-deadlight/

First 1/3rd? Fantastic
Last 2/3rds? Ehhh to bah!

Fast out of the gate and then fizzles out

It's short, especially if you're not looking for secrets, like amazingly short

[quote name='cancerman1120']Too bad you have to buy a new video card every 18 months to save all that cash. ;)[/QUOTE]
The Radeon 5770 will never go obsolete, at least that's what it feels like this generation. You're still running everything better than a PS3 or Xbox 360 can as long as its not a shitty port.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Feels dumb to complain about Trials Evo being 800 instead of 600, because I know it's worth it, but it still bothers me lol.[/QUOTE]
its GOTY, get it and dont feel bad about it.

[quote name='Cornelius']ANY of the disc-based Tony Hawk games (on gamepad, at least) will run at 1080p & give more satisfaction!
[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is this worthless list supposed to do???? I had no idea which game to buy since they're not sorted by Metacritic score!!! I bought THPSHD thinking it was the best because you put it on top! and in red!!!! :oldman: :oldman: !!!

Evolution is a better introduction for newbies than HD is. They do a much better job of easing you into it along with the general level design and addition of humorous ways to end levels making it a more enjoyable game from beginning to end.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I would rather them be PS exclusives so I wouldn't have to hear anyone in this thread mention them again. :booty:[/QUOTE]
Sorry I mentioned a game that went on sale in a sale thread, I don't want to hurt your feelings.

if you can, save up and get Trials Evolution. Trials HD is great but it's extremely, extremely, extremely difficult with a very very very steep learning curve. A lot of people don't even get through 1/3 of the game because it's difficult. Plus, Trials Evolution has taken everything that was good with HD and made it so much better. It's much more fun. There's lots of free content. There's online and local multiplayer. You're no longer stuck in a drab warehouse. And its difficulty curve is much flatter. If you want the sadistic levels, you still have them but you can enjoy a lot more of the game before giving up than in HD.

I think if you start off with HD and hate it, you won't go on to the much better Evolution. It's like people who hate Assassin's Creed 1 and won't go further to AC2 and others.

really? because mark of the ninja was cheaper in the xbox sale than the steam sale.

Grabbed dust and deadlight. Deadlight seemed interesting in the demo and wanted to see the ending. I haven't even tried trials hd in the limbo 3 pack so I am probably gonna pass on evo.

It occured to me that spending points instead of actual money on games seems to make it feel cheaper than it is, even though I paid money for the points. Makes impulse buy a bit easier, even for a noob xbla gamer.

Decided to get Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain DLC. Even with the amount of user content I'm personally curious as to what the pack entails, especially with a near 1GB size.

[quote name='dirtyvu']if you can, save up and get Trials Evolution. Trials HD is great but it's extremely, extremely, extremely difficult with a very very very steep learning curve. A lot of people don't even get through 1/3 of the game because it's difficult. Plus, Trials Evolution has taken everything that was good with HD and made it so much better. It's much more fun. There's lots of free content. There's online and local multiplayer. You're no longer stuck in a drab warehouse. And its difficulty curve is much flatter. If you want the sadistic levels, you still have them but you can enjoy a lot more of the game before giving up than in HD.

I think if you start off with HD and hate it, you won't go on to the much better Evolution. It's like people who hate Assassin's Creed 1 and won't go further to AC2 and others.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I felt playing Trials HD.
It's a great game no doubt, however, as the difficulty increased, it became frustrating to play. I know I can't say this for everyone. There are people who are able to master the game's mechanics however, for those who couldn't like myself, ended up quitting the game altogether. I'd say I only played 1/3 of the game before it got increasingly difficult for me to finish a level which I hated.
800 points is good enough of a price for Evo. heck 1200 is good too, but with Far Cry 3, Dust, Ninja to keep me occupied for a good while, I can contain myself from buying Evo at least until it goes down to 600.

Is there a place where you can buy 100 Microsoft points digitally? Don't want to shell out for another 400 to get a 600 point game.

[quote name='bfowlaaa']Personally I've loved this sale, I ended up picking up Deadlight, Dust, Trials Evo + DLC, Serious Sam 3 + DLC, THPS, Trine 2, Hell Yeah, Mark of the Ninja and I'm still contemplating a couple others. Now if I can only find the time to play them all.

On a side note, does anyone else feel like they've become a digital hoarder? Cause I think I might have a problem.[/QUOTE]

I've know that for months, which is why I passed on the platformers. I keep buying them and never playing them.

Plus Xbox Live Rewards shows the average Live purchases over the last six months I believe and my own....not even close....like three times more. Makes me feel guilty for spending so much on my gaming addition.

I don't see what the problem is with Playstation Store post. The format seems fine to me. I think I'm going to grab Dust before it's deal is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back