XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='E.Nich']The walking dead ep1 is free right now ^_^

Didn't see you post. Yup, now let's see which price will the rest have.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, have to wait another 4 days before that'll happen. :(

Leedmees for 200 points is tempting, but I still feel scorned for buying Wreckateer and then less then a month later it goes for free.

[quote name='sicsonic']Rock of Ages worth 200pts?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I bought it for 400 and felt I got my money's worth. It's a fun and fresh game. Try the demo if your not sure. It's pretty much the same throughout.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yes, I bought it for 400 and felt I got my money's worth. It's a fun and fresh game. Try the demo if your not sure. It's pretty much the same throughout.[/QUOTE]
The boss fights are way different than the rest of the levels and are the best parts of the game for that reason.

I skipped Rock of Ages last time it was on sale (for 320 points i think). But for 200, sounds good. I just hope i still have enough for TWD and whatever mystery sale might pop up.

Hmm bought the big thrills pack for trials HD. Somehow i missed this DLC. But man going back to Trials HD after playing evolution is hard. The bikes feel a lot different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm now hearing that The Walking Dead Episode 1 will be free for the remainder of the year, until Jan. 1st. Guess making Ep. 1 free a few days early before the sale (28th) will give people time to play the episode & decide on getting the rest of the game/episodes when they're discounted.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The boss fights are way different than the rest of the levels and are the best parts of the game for that reason.[/QUOTE]

It's been a while, the demo custs off before a boss fight? Still, it's a lot of fun for 200 points.

Jumped on the free Walking Dead episode, (it took a bit of finesse to get the free price to show up). Also snagged Rock of Ages. Played the demo when it first came out, but didn't buy it. For 200 points, I figured it was as cheap as we'd ever see it from MS.

Ah, another classic case of buying a game on sale and then facepalming when it goes even cheaper and I have either barely played it or not played it at all. A great big "thank you" to both Rock of Ages and Hydro Thunder Hurricane!

Leedmees for 200 helps to make up for that though :) I was hoping it'd get the 75% off treatment and am tickled I held out.

For some reason I thought it was New DOTW Day. Getting ahead of myself here...

[quote name='Cornelius']
BTW, all done with the OP ... have at it![/QUOTE]

BTW, thank you for organizing all these sales and keeping the list updated at all hours (you + the other CAGs doing it for 'fun'). There's a lot going on and it's real helpful to see it all served up in one spot. Happy holidays.

[quote name='irafreak']Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but wasn't the 2000 point 100 rebate only good through the 21st (mayan calandar doomsday...)?[/QUOTE]

I thought it said the 21st, but maybe that was joke on their part (since if the world ended the contest couldn't go beyond that). There seems to be no mention of it anymore, so I think it's all month long.

On a side note, how did people get Torgue for free? I saw lots of people offering it on the code forum, and wondering what I missed. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Another Hydro Thunder sale that doesn't include the DLC. I am disappoint. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kinda agree with this. I figured I would bite on Hydro Thunder if the DLC was on sale too, but since it isn't I think I may skip this one.

Hmm...200 for Leedmees makes it a for sure purchase. Can anyone comment on Mini Ninjas Adventures?

For those interested in the Hydro Thunder DLC, all the extra races are locked behind credits, just like all the normal levels. So unless you've played the hell out of Hydro Thunder, the DLC doesn't do that much for ya. I bought the DLC but had to grind to still unlock the 1st of 3 extra races. The other 2 remain locked, and it was pretty much a waste of a couple bucks for me.

Hmm...200 for Leedmees makes it a for sure purchase. Can anyone comment on Mini Ninjas Adventures?

For those interested in the Hydro Thunder DLC, all the extra races are locked behind credits, just like all the normal levels. So unless you've played the hell out of Hydro Thunder, the DLC doesn't do that much for ya. I bought the DLC but had to grind to still unlock the 1st of 3 extra races. The other 2 remain locked, and it was pretty much a waste of a couple bucks for me.

man, I finally decided to bite on Catan...and it shows as 800 MSP :( My own fault for waiting so long but still a real bummer. Did snag TWD episode 1 for free though, guess that will jump to the top of my backlog to see if any of the rest of the episodes are worth picking up.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']I thought it said the 21st, but maybe that was joke on their part (since if the world ended the contest couldn't go beyond that). There seems to be no mention of it anymore, so I think it's all month long.

On a side note, how did people get Torgue for free? I saw lots of people offering it on the code forum, and wondering what I missed. :)[/QUOTE]

There was a Facebook giveaway. I managed to snag one, trying to decide if I want to use it or trade it in favor of getting the season pass. I suppose using it and then waiting and biting on the other 3 DLCs for the eventual 400msp a pop price would be the cheapest way to go. Still..:whistle2:k

[quote name='tylerh1701']Hmm...200 for Leedmees makes it a for sure purchase. Can anyone comment on Mini Ninjas Adventures?

For those interested in the Hydro Thunder DLC, all the extra races are locked behind credits, just like all the normal levels. So unless you've played the hell out of Hydro Thunder, the DLC doesn't do that much for ya. I bought the DLC but had to grind to still unlock the 1st of 3 extra races. The other 2 remain locked, and it was pretty much a waste of a couple bucks for me.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....would you say Hydro Thunder without the DLC is worth picking up at 400 points? I am a little intrigued, but part of me says to just save my spacebucks. Thoughts?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Hmm...200 for Leedmees makes it a for sure purchase. Can anyone comment on Mini Ninjas Adventures?[/QUOTE]

I've been eyeing Mini Ninjas Adventures myself as well as the original Mini Ninjas. Downloading the demo of MNA, hopefully it is decent.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Hmmmm....would you say Hydro Thunder without the DLC is worth picking up at 400 points? I am a little intrigued, but part of me says to just save my spacebucks. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

If you enjoyed playing Hydro Thunder in the arcades I would say it is a no brainer purchase. Plus if it is any consolation the DLC has never been on sale according to XBLDB.

Went in for Leedmees and Rock of Ages. I haven't researched either of the games, but 200 MSP apiece for two full games is a great deal. That's about two weeks of Bing searches, if you're into that. Also queued up TWD Season 1 despite owning it on PC. The more GS the better. ;)

I'm wondering if I should get any FNK DLC. I have some points left over, but extra sprites have never really appealed to me. Can anyone make a good case for getting the DLC for 80 MSP apiece? They just don't seem to add enough to the game aside from achievements.

[quote name='Blade']

I'm wondering if I should get any FNK DLC. I have some points left over, but extra sprites have never really appealed to me. Can anyone make a good case for getting the DLC for 80 MSP apiece?[/QUOTE]
The first three pieces of DLC have easy cheezmints, otherwise it's same game. Though for some reason later DLC stopped with adding cheezmints and if that doesn't sell you, well, that's going to be about it.

Oh and cheap I guess...

[quote name='Rollobobo']Hmmmm....would you say Hydro Thunder without the DLC is worth picking up at 400 points? I am a little intrigued, but part of me says to just save my spacebucks. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's fun and pretty good looking. I definitely didn't sink a ton of time into it (maybe 5-7 hours) but there is easily another 5-10 hours that I could play if I wanted to, so the game has lots of content. It controls well and could definitely be defined as an arcade racer. There are speed boosts and turbo, but no weapons to attack the other racers. I think it's a fairly tough game, you'll spend time getting to know each track before you starting winning a lot of races.

It has a regular campaign mode, then it has "ring" and "gauntlet" modes where you have to drive through the rings and avoid things and beat gold/silver/bronze times. It also has another advanced campaign mode that has a lot more races, if I remember correctly. There are also 10 hidden tokens on each level that can be searched for and collected.

At this point I'd assume the online is pretty dead, but there's still a lot of content here if that's what you're looking for. It has interesting achievements, all the easy achievements are worth a lot of Gamerscore, and the difficult ones are only worth like 5 or 10 points.

Also, AVATAR AWARDS!!!

TL;DR - I'd definitely recommend it for 400 MSP, but it does have a lot of content and if you want the 200/200 (or 250/250) it's definitely gonna take some time.

Hydro Thunder was fun, but too time consuming to grind and unlock everything for a simple arcade racer. I agree if everything was already unlocked it would have a larger fun factor.

[quote name='wEEman33']Also, if you don't buy Trials EVO for 50% off you either have:

A) no taste
B) no soul
C) both[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bunck']I think we are going to have to wait a while to take this test.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='doodofdoods']It's only 33% off. No buy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is it 50% off? Thought it was 33%.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The 7th Number']Its 33% off, trials evolution.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo, and while fun, the repeated crashing till I barely squeaked to the end has made me wait till it's at least 50% off or more before I'd consider buying it. See you next year around this time Evo.

[quote name='Bosamba']I played the demo, and while fun, the repeated crashing till I barely squeaked to the end has made me wait till it's at least 50% off or more before I'd consider buying it. See you next year around this time Evo.[/QUOTE]

you gota buy it.... you gota get better no game compares to trials for value and fun

[quote name='GamerDude316']man, I finally decided to bite on Catan...and it shows as 800 MSP :( My own fault for waiting so long but still a real bummer. Did snag TWD episode 1 for free though, guess that will jump to the top of my backlog to see if any of the rest of the episodes are worth picking up.[/QUOTE]
Then you didn't read the OP carefully ... read all the CYAN-colored text, and you'll discover the secret to getting "Catan" for 400 MSP. It should be that price for at least 5 more hours, until they refresh Marketplace pricing @ 2am PST on Tuesday morning. :)

[quote name='Cornelius']Then you didn't read the OP carefully ... read all the CYAN-colored text, and you'll discover the secret to getting "Catan" for 400 MSP. It should be that price for at least 5 more hours, until they refresh Marketplace pricing @ 2am PST on Tuesday morning. :)[/QUOTE]

HAHA I noticed that about 5 minutes after my post...booted up my Xbox and got it with no problem!

[quote name='nnthomas']Yooooooooo it's a shame the Deadlight sale was a daily cause this game is sweet as fuck.[/QUOTE]

You probably haven't gotten very far, then. Get back to us when the roof collapses on you without warning or you have to run from the helicopter.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']I thought it said the 21st, but maybe that was joke on their part (since if the world ended the contest couldn't go beyond that). There seems to be no mention of it anymore, so I think it's all month long.[/QUOTE]
The promo is still going on at http://rewards.xbox.com/apocalyptic-rewards/, but now it's an "additional December bonus offer", and the only true "Apocalyptic Reward" was that they cashed in everyone's pending-point balance showing Dec. 1st and Dec. 15th (and paid out by Dec. 22nd). Any credit earned after Dec. 15th will then be paid by Jan. 15th, provided you have the 100 MSP minimum threshold before they'll deposit into your account.

The only caveat is to ensure you're a GOLD Xbox Live subscriber for the entire month, and don't let your subscription run out at any time (even for a day). Complete terms are here ... http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#fmi.

Mini Ninjas demo seemed extremely lame. Stand, move left or right, swing sword. Probably would have just bought it for the hell of it for 200 MSP, but 400 MSP I'm gonna have to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back