XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amusing that I'm tempted to get Toy Story 3... to play, myself. No kids or anything like that. Surprised to see the good reviews floating around. Also surprised to see that the disc-based version is still fairly expensive for a game that's over 2.5 years old (especially given that it's a movie-based one).

See I would think about doing that, but then it would show up in my history as having played it. I remember getting the first one on the Genesis and just sucking at it. I even played it on that giant controller at the exhibit in Disneyland in early 96.

[quote name='nadohawk']Check the store copies as I believe the Naughty Bear Gold now also includes the arcade title for only 20 USD.[/QUOTE]

No, your thinking of this which includes the Gold editon - slightly different:

http://www.amazon.com/Naughty-Bear-Double-Trouble-Playstation-3/dp/B009K3FDEQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_4

Not trying to 1up you, just don't want anyone getting confused buying the wrong version. Comes out in Feb for the 360.

Oh, and according to reviews, it is the same thing with a different cover, just has a DLC code in the box.

[quote name='Newl']Just started playing Walking Dead today, any updates on Episode 3 & 4? They don't seem to want to download.[/QUOTE]
You have to queue them up manually on your 360. It'll say the price, but once you press A to select it and get to order confirmation screen it'll ask if you want to download it again.

[quote name='Kerig']I was so pleased with the Trials Origin of Pain DLC that I decided to buy the new Riders of Doom that just came out...and wasted 400msp.

They should mention that RoD is geared mostly towards hardcore players. Anyone who enjoys easy/medium and most of hard, but skips extreme like I do should completely ignore the new DLC.[/QUOTE]

Dude, thank you so much for sharing this. I'm in the same boat as you (always skip extreme... it just stops being fun at that point, haha); I was thinking of getting the new DLC but now that you've mentioned this, I'll steer clear.

I'm still back and forth about getting Bully. I mean... it's an older game... I have a backlog as it is... I've played so many sandbox games. But at the same time, I generally have a great time with Rockstar games, and this is a new setting. Gah, IDK.

[quote name='bardockkun']You have to queue them up manually on your 360. It'll say the price, but once you press A to select it and get to order confirmation screen it'll ask if you want to download it again.[/QUOTE]
this is what i did during the sale and it worked for me. i originally had the same issue where it wouldn't add to queue

[quote name='bob101910']Strange that Dungeon Defenders in on sale with the fighting games. I was hoping for SFxT character DLC to go on sale :([/QUOTE]

I've given up on ever getting the SFxT characters, still bitter about their entire handling of the 360 release of that game. Maybe they'll get the DLC out on Steam and I can pick up the whole thing for $10 bucks down the line somewhere. Personally I was hoping that Guilty Gear would be added to the fighting game sale. Got some points for Christmas and Walking Dead was a good start but Guilty Gear would've made my day.

[quote name='bardockkun']You have to queue them up manually on your 360. It'll say the price, but once you press A to select it and get to order confirmation screen it'll ask if you want to download it again.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I'm slow on the news... :joystick:

after playing first 2 episodes of walking dead i can see why it won game of the year and to get it for ten bucks was a steal. The story telling in that game is amazing and how your choices change the game and show up in look at the next episode is amazing. I can't wait for the next tetale game i don't think back to the feature was all that great was good but nothing like walking dead.

[quote name='irafreak']I would agree except that most 1200 point games get price drops to 800 points. Don't think there are any xbla games at 600 points that aren't on sale.

Could be a sale started too soon. Maybe a new years day sale. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this the other day, but Faery: Legends of Avalon is permanently priced at 600MSP. It's the only one I know of.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']after playing first 2 episodes of walking dead i can see why it won game of the year and to get it for ten bucks was a steal. The story telling in that game is amazing and how your choices change the game and show up in look at the next episode is amazing. I can't wait for the next tetale game i don't think back to the feature was all that great was good but nothing like walking dead.[/QUOTE]

It's a great game no doubt, but the "freedom" you think you have in the early episodes regarding your choices doesn't really pan out in the end ... just be aware that Telltale is telling a story that, while you can nudge in one direction or the other, has a defined 'on-rails' approach when you look back. It's a cool concept but doesn't quite deliver the way you hope it does when you're first playing and super excited about how great the choices appear to be. Either way, definitely worth playing and a steal at $10.

[quote name='Jay']Virtual fighter is dead online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming that - pass. Already have SF3 from previous sale btw.

I was also able to add them via my Purchase History on Xbox.com. I didn't want to interrupt my Netflix in order to get the downloads queued. :)

[quote name='bob101910']Strange that Dungeon Defenders in on sale with the fighting games. I was hoping for SFxT character DLC to go on sale :([/QUOTE]
Confirmed that DD & MK are part of the 1-day fighting sale. Purchase (or not) accordingly. :D

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Well this sale was pretty damn good. Made of with Bully, Dust, and The Walking Dead for 2200 MSP. Not bad. Too bad I won't play any of these games for awhile, cause I gotta focus on Dead Space 2.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games this gen. Great game. Really high hopes for 3.

OT: I really hope the Skyrim DLC is 50% off as opposed to that joke of a "sale" the first time. I still find 800 hard to pull the trigger on, but that's as low as it'll prob go for ages. Still think it's ridiculous that they're charging that much for DLC, but people buy it so they can get away with it. :roll:

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games this gen. Great game. Really high hopes for 3.

OT: I really hope the Skyrim DLC is 50% off as opposed to that joke of a "sale" the first time. I still find 800 hard to pull the trigger on, but that's as low as it'll prob go for ages. Still think it's ridiculous that they're charging that much for DLC, but people buy it so they can get away with it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I just really hope they surprise us and discount the Dragonborn DLC a bit too... seems pretty dumb if they don't even if it's just a little. From what I've heard it's not all that long anyway so I don't really want to pay full price for it.

all the Fallout 3 DLC were 800 points, and these two main ones for Skyrim seem right on par with like a Point Lookout for FO3, 1600 is kind of absurd but whatever. I won't pay more than 800.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games this gen. Great game. Really high hopes for 3.

OT: I really hope the Skyrim DLC is 50% off as opposed to that joke of a "sale" the first time. I still find 800 hard to pull the trigger on, but that's as low as it'll prob go for ages. Still think it's ridiculous that they're charging that much for DLC, but people buy it so they can get away with it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Dead Space 2, but it wasn't as scary or thrilling to me as the first was. I'm trying to think of something that stood out for number 2 but can't. Without spoiling for others, some set pieces had me in complete awe, coupled with the lighting and sound, ridiculous with 5.1 headset. Freaked me out all the time. Good stuff.

[quote name='JKSonic']I just really hope they surprise us and discount the Dragonborn DLC a bit too... seems pretty dumb if they don't even if it's just a little. From what I've heard it's not all that long anyway so I don't really want to pay full price for it.[/QUOTE]

I would so bit on Dragonborn for a little discount, this is one game I support as much as I can. Will eventually get the GOTY version (you know it's gonna happen). Hell I'm going to build a PC rig just to max everything out with mods...epic.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']all the Fallout 3 DLC were 800 points, and these two main ones for Skyrim seem right on par with like a Point Lookout for FO3, 1600 is kind of absurd but whatever. I won't pay more than 800.[/QUOTE]

I would say Dragonborn is the one that you could argue is worth 1600 msp. I hope they eventually add spear weapons and perhaps the re-emergence of snow elves. They aren't done yet.

Yeah seems like Capcom doesn't ever want to admit their mistake of SFXTekken DLC on disc... or maybe to many people paid into it so Capcom laughed their way to the bank.

Damn... Just played the Backbreaker: Vengeance demo....and I liked it. Not sure if the formula will wear thin before I get my 600 msp worth, so I'll have to dig around for some more opinions...

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah seems like Capcom doesn't ever want to admit their mistake of SFXTekken DLC on disc... or maybe to many people paid into it so Capcom laughed their way to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Capcom seems to have taken note of the negative reaction.

[quote name='sassylaurie']No, your thinking of this which includes the Gold editon - slightly different:

http://www.amazon.com/Naughty-Bear-Double-Trouble-Playstation-3/dp/B009K3FDEQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_4

Not trying to 1up you, just don't want anyone getting confused buying the wrong version. Comes out in Feb for the 360.

Oh, and according to reviews, it is the same thing with a different cover, just has a DLC code in the box.[/QUOTE]

I've already seen it in at least one Gamestop.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I've already seen it in at least one Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

No you haven't, you've seen the Gold Edition of Naughty Bear 1. Naughty Bear Double Trouble isn't out yet and comes with The Gold Edition and a code to download Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise.

The regular Gold Edition just has the first game plus it's DLC

Edit: Double Trouble appears to be out for the PS3 now, January 22nd for 360. But the Gold Edition is old and doesn't have Panic in Paradise with it

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Is Mortal Kombat worth it? I guess it'll mainly be for nostalgia.[/QUOTE]

I have it for PS3 and it lags when you fight an online opponent. The game itself is definitely good for nostalgia, but I wonder if online play through Xbox is any better.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']No you haven't, you've seen the Gold Edition of Naughty Bear 1. Naughty Bear Double Trouble isn't out yet and comes with The Gold Edition and a code to download Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise.

The regular Gold Edition just has the first game plus it's DLC

Edit: Double Trouble appears to be out for the PS3 now, January 22nd for 360. But the Gold Edition is old and doesn't have Panic in Paradise with it[/QUOTE]

"No you haven't" my ass. I'm not blind, man. But yes, it may have been the PS3 version - not really sure. More than anything, I was taken aback that they managed to re-release Naughty Bear a second time.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']"No you haven't" my ass. I'm not blind, man. But yes, it may have been the PS3 version - not really sure. More than anything, I was taken aback that they managed to re-release Naughty Bear a second time.[/QUOTE]

Technically this will be the 3rd time, but I'm just saying Double Trouble doesn't come out for another month for the 360 so it had to have been the PS3 version.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Technically this will be the 3rd time, but I'm just saying Double Trouble doesn't come out for another month for the 360 so it had to have been the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Be patient, it'll be a few hours before I can drive up to Kentucky and bow to you and your almighty knowledge, oh great one.

But on a serious note, I think you misconstrued "re-release a second time"...

Naughty Bear
Naughty Bear Gold
Naughty Bear Double Trouble

I guess this is 505's flagship franchise... :lol:

I Like how on the Countdown to Savings page on the 360 and for fighting games they show a picture of Wolverine from Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins despite it not being on sale.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Wow Eurogamer.net gave FEZ GOTY. I have only played a bit of the game but it seems like an even bigger stretch over outlets giving TWD and Journey GOTY. Although FEZ is really more a traditional game I guess.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-30-eurogamers-game-of-the-year-2012[/QUOTE]

Wow, lots of video game media outlets going with "indie darlings" this year. I guess it's understandable because retail games weren't overwhelmingly great, but I guess games with more classic (but great) gameplay like Dust or Mark of the Ninja just aren't "indie" enough. I'd have even liked to see Spelunky win GOTY over Fez, and I didn't much care for Spelunky.

I'd also bet that far less than 1% of players would be able to get all 64 cubes on Fez without referring to internet guides. I don't like games like that.

EDIT: But to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, lots of video game media outlets going with "indie darlings" this year. I guess it's understandable because retail games weren't overwhelmingly great, but I guess games with more classic (but great) gameplay like Dust or Mark of the Ninja just aren't "indie" enough. I'd have even liked to see Spelunky win GOTY over Fez, and I didn't much care for Spelunky.

I'd also bet that far less than 1% of players would be able to get all 64 cubes on Fez without referring to internet guides. I don't like games like that.[/QUOTE]

This x2

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, lots of video game media outlets going with "indie darlings" this year. I guess it's understandable because retail games weren't overwhelmingly great, but I guess games with more classic (but great) gameplay like Dust or Mark of the Ninja just aren't "indie" enough. I'd have even liked to see Spelunky win GOTY over Fez, and I didn't much care for Spelunky.
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see these games are getting some love. FEZ is not my personal GOTY, but would choose it instead of these overhyped AAA retail games this year

btw The real winner for me was Spelunky. Tons of fun. ^^

[quote name='dark_inchworm']But on a serious note, I think you misconstrued "re-release a second time"...[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of Carlin's musings on how "make the same mistake twice" means you actually made three mistakes.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Like how on the Countdown to Savings page on the 360 and for fighting games they show a picture of Wolverine from Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins despite it not being on sale.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this as well. I seen Wolverine and wondered if they added any MvC to the sale but then clicked on it and didn't see anything and was hoping that maybe Wolverine got added to SF3 or MK and I didn't know about it lol.

[quote name='Sath666']I'm glad to see these games are getting some love. FEZ is not my personal GOTY, but would choose it instead of these overhyped AAA retail games this year

btw The real winner for me was Spelunky. Tons of fun. ^^[/QUOTE]

There is not a single retail game I can think of that screams GOTY for 2012. whether they're games I've played or games I've just read about, nothing has that buzz GOTY contenders usually have.

When it comes to digital downloads, there is plenty of buzz. Mark of the Ninja, Minecraft's XBLA release, Spelunky, Dust, and even Fez have generated the most hype by simply being good games instead of through heavy marketing campaigns.

I just played through a good portion of Max Payne 3 recently and it was a chore. It looks great, sounds great, but the shooting is just dull and repetitive. The game desperately wants to be a movie, but I'm just not interested in this. Digital Downloads should be put on the same level as retail releases to highlight the importance of gameplay in our games.

This year just didn't really have any surprises for the most part. Everything either failed to live up to expectations (RE6, ME3, AC3) or basically just met what was expected, which isn't a bad thing. That and this year felt more then ever was just a ton of rehashing of past franchises or just alot more noticeable sequels.

I'll admit though, on the download front there was alot more new and original stuff though.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']

Naughty Bear
Naughty Bear Gold
Naughty Bear Double Trouble

I guess this is 505's flagship franchise... :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's a good game

UGh at Fez or The Walking Dead getting GOTY. I can't even imagine how someone puts them over a game like Dishonored. The only real knock on Dishonored is length.

That said Dishonored wouldn't be my personal pick. My pick for me would be Dragon's Dogma. Still love playing it after 4 playthroughs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back