XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sicsonic']Interested in a Timesplitters 4? Crytek will supposedly do it if they get 300,000 signatures. Please sign, and tell all your gamer

I'm really getting tired of Crytek. If you go on xbox360achievements.org you'll see something about (posted almost every other week) claiming there isn't enough demand for a sequel,yet they'll talking about Crysis 4 already. Seems like they're just being attention whores lately.

[quote name='captpluto9465']Hmm, so 600 or heck, even 400 sounds like the sweet spot. Sounds like Hydrophobia, which I enjoyed, but it was clunky. Maybe next year...[/QUOTE]

I Am Alive is a much, much better game than Hydrophobia.

I did not regret my purchase at 1200, personally. It is a very interesting game with some design ideas that i bet will get lifted and used in more successful games in the near future.

[quote name='Cornelius']Ha, I'm right there with you! Check out my GS, and tell me if you think my Gold subscription is being used for anything but DOTW's! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just broke 17k. I've spent way too much time scouring for deals and not nearly enough time actually playing the games, but I've been trying to step it up, especially now that there's an incentive to hit 25k. :D

Well, im ashamed to say that im excited for what might pop up on sale tomorrow, part of me has me thinking that the Japan Website Info is probably just region based and that Microsoft is going to do so much better than that with their 10 year anniversary.

On a side note, this is my 3rd Xbox Live account since launch, im kicking myself for not holding onto the same one...

[quote name='Juice el Savior']On a side note, this is my 3rd Xbox Live account since launch, im kicking myself for not holding onto the same one...[/QUOTE]
Been reading a lot of similar sentiments today, and struggling to understand it. I can't imagine getting rid of my account and starting over, after the ridiculous amount of money I've spent on DLC, XBLA games, avatar clothes, and whatever else. Not to mention losing my gamerscore. And I only got an Xbox in 2009.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Been reading a lot of similar sentiments today, and struggling to understand it. I can't imagine getting rid of my account and starting over, after the ridiculous amount of money I've spent on DLC, XBLA games, avatar clothes, and whatever else. Not to mention losing my gamerscore. And I only got an Xbox in 2009.[/QUOTE]

Well Gamerscore was no big deal. I didnt get a 360 until about a year after it was out and i was in college. My hotmail account tied to my 1st gamertag was deactivated because i never used it and I just figured id start fresh with a free month of XBL. Fastforward a few years later and I had to spend a year on home confinement fighting charges that prevented me from having access to the internet (long story, no im not on a sex offender's list so take what you will from that) which in turn kept me from playing xbox again. When my charges were finally dropped and i had the cash I picked up the Elite that i have now and did the same thing with the free month of live. Coincidentally Reach came out when i created the newer account (the current one) and i didn't want to earn all the XP that I had already put in alot of time for.

I know, long winded (probably unbelievable story) but without counting my first account that I CANT get access to ever again I guess you could say I have 6.5-7 years from now, but hot damn I can still remember buying a 50 ft ethernet cable and lining the outside of my house from my living room (wireless routers and wireless xbl adapters werent an option then) to my upstairs bedroom from the OUTSIDE, because Mom wouldnt let me drill one tiny simple unnoticable hole in the corner of the back of the living room (only woulda needed a 20 ft cable that way.

I do miss the simpler times of being younger :cry:

PQ1 was so good that my non gamer wife watched me play it then went all the way back through it again by herself. We were both super excited about PQ 2 and neither one of us liked it.

Puzzle Quest 1 fo sho.

[quote name='simmias']Do not, under any circumstances, buy Full House Poker. Worst purchase I've ever made in over 100 XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I bought this when I was into poker, and I think I've played it less than 5 times. There's no redeeming quality to it. No one at the table takes it seriously (then again they may not even have a community of players there anymore to take it seriously- the last time I played it was quite popular). It was more a "get-together" of people who had a semi-interest in poker, and it was a dumb experience.

Every hand someone went all-in, so anyone trying to play a "legitimate" game of skilled poker will find themselves pissed within minutes. Now don't get me wrong. It can be fun if you don't take it too seriously, but I wanted to feel like my skill at understanding the game meant something. Instead, it's an "all-in" fest.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']it's an "all-in" fest.[/QUOTE]
AP535198393648.jpg

So might just be me being lazy or not looking hard enough but they're going to be having a 10 year anniversary sale. I'm not sure if there is a list anywhere yet but it's at least confirmed that Castle Crashers will be half off from the Behemoth blog. Get Hype to a degree.

[quote name='wirechild']You do...:cry:[/QUOTE]

I probably should have clarified. I only see this forum through a mobile version and normally lurk the deals because posting usually results in fuck sacks like you trying to express your inner frustration at strangers who you'd be too shy to even say hello to in public.

So my first post should have read: Could the first or second snarky motherfucker who says something witty about my request to have the top post reflect the current deals please edit the post in lieu of telling me its a wiki.

K thx.

[quote name='Skram']So might just be me being lazy or not looking hard enough but they're going to be having a 10 year anniversary sale. I'm not sure if there is a list anywhere yet but it's at least confirmed that Castle Crashers will be half off from the Behemoth blog. Get Hype to a degree.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to get hyped. I mean, who doesn't have Castle Crashers that wants it? I fear this will be a "classic arcade games through the years" type sale that no one still needs to purchase. I hope I'm wrong though. But that japanese list was disappointing.

I bet you all two Lindsy Lohans, that the Posted Japan sale will also run in the US. Those are all Flagship XBLA Titles, and now even Behemoth says One of there games will be on sale.

[quote name='arikmoon']I probably should have clarified. I only see this forum through a mobile version and normally lurk the deals because posting usually results in fuck sacks like you trying to express your inner frustration at strangers who you'd be too shy to even say hello to in public.

So my first post should have read: Could the first or second snarky motherfucker who says something witty about my request to have the top post reflect the current deals please edit the post in lieu of telling me its a wiki.

K thx.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it takes abit for the first post to be updated but you can generally go back a couple of pages or even a couple posts back and see what is on sale. Another alternative is just to go Major Nelsons site and see what he posted as being on sale or go to xbldb. Otherwise chill out and be patient because someone will have to take time out of their life to update the wiki post.

You are bemoaning people who made snarky comments towards you but your first post ever in this thread was asking people to update the thread which is a bad way to introduce your self to a long running thread.

[quote name='sweatysides']I bet you all two Lindsy Lohans, that the Posted Japan sale will also run in the US. Those are all Flagship XBLA Titles, and now even Behemoth says One of there games will be on sale.[/QUOTE]

Pre or post drug addiction Lindsay Lohan?

I downloaded the demo for Catan and I am definitely considering picking it up.

Wondering what time the Japanese Marketplace gets updated, seeing as they're X amount of hours ahead of the rest ofd us?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arikmoon']I probably should have clarified. I only see this forum through a mobile version and normally lurk the deals because posting usually results in fuck sacks like you trying to express your inner frustration at strangers who you'd be too shy to even say hello to in public.

K thx.[/QUOTE]

If something in the post displeases you, then do something about it. No one is here to serve your desires or heed your beck and call. You mewling quim. :booty:

K thx.[/QUOTE]

What a whiny, childish bitch you are. I imagine it's because the only love you've ever known has come from your right hand. Get off your fucking lazy ass and do some fucking work for yourself, you piece of shit.

[quote name='LordVila']Sometimes it takes abit for the first post to be updated but you can generally go back a couple of pages or even a couple posts back and see what is on sale. Another alternative is just to go Major Nelsons site and see what he posted as being on sale or go to xbldb. Otherwise chill out and be patient because someone will have to take time out of their life to update the wiki post.

You are bemoaning people who made snarky comments towards you but your first post ever in this thread was asking people to update the thread which is a bad way to introduce your self to a long running thread.[/QUOTE]

Thx for your input as well. What's the link to the xbdb site? Not a fan if scouring the last 10 pages of this thread for the deals. This thread is usually up to date days before the deals arrive. Now it's actually out of date for the first time I've been watching it.

As for the bemoaning, this site is so full if haters I put myself on a nearly year long lurk because the concentration of dickbags to helpful people is horrible here. It's like people wait for you to say something they don't like and they pounce.

I've stopped sharing the deals I find because of the massive quantity of hating and disrespect. It's not even directed towards me 99.9% of the time. It's just embarrassing to be associated with such assholes.

However I saw your second post was for catan and I bought it recently. So if you're an achievement guy maybe we knock out the MP

Laters

[quote name='GUNNM']Nice language guys![/QUOTE]

I just checked out his 20-something posts...all trolling. Guy's a douche, perfect for the ignore list. A mod will probably come and clean this up; it's only a few posts anyway.

Let's get back on topic.

[quote name='arikmoon']My point was made twice in the time it took me respond.[/QUOTE]
You could share all your lovely deals with me and I'll provide that encouragement and love you so desperately seek on here.

[quote name='sweatysides']I bet you all two Lindsy Lohans, that the Posted Japan sale will also run in the US. Those are all Flagship XBLA Titles, and now even Behemoth says One of there games will be on sale.[/QUOTE]

I know you're right. i just don't want to admit it to myself LoL

[quote name='GUNNM']You could share all your lovely deals with me and I'll provide that encouragement and love you so desperately seek on here.[/QUOTE]

I do love the instant gratification that I've had 3 snarky comments in 30 minutes.

I'm out of my element here. This is like the bad part of town.

You all have a nice evening.

[quote name='arikmoon']I do love the instant gratification that I've had 3 snarky comments in 30 minutes.
[/QUOTE]

Point and case. Fed, bloated, and sluggish with goat meat.

Doubt you'll be going anywhere soon.

Settle down fellow cagers, he has a sense of entitlement and we must all abide by his ruling...NOT! I used to update the wiki a bit awhile back, but then people didn't read it and kept asking the same, repetitive question in the thread so saw it pointless. What we have now is all you're getting. Now go on time out.

Looking forward to more sales soon, specifically those near or after black friday.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Settle down fellow cagers, he has a sense of entitlement and we must all abide by his ruling...NOT! I used to update the wiki a bit awhile back, but then people didn't read it and kept asking the same, repetitive question in the thread so saw it pointless. What we have now is all you're getting. Now go on time out.

Looking forward to more sales soon, specifically those near or after black friday.[/QUOTE]
So insulting. We're CAGs, not cagers. Go cage somewhere else.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']So insulting. We're CAGs, not cagers. Go cage somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I've seen various words used on here describing one another, to each their own. Anyone get their October rewards points back yet?

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've seen various words used on here describing one another, to each their own. Anyone get their October rewards points back yet?[/QUOTE]
Cheapy has been saying that we're officially CAGs for nearly a decade now. Get on the train.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cheapy has been saying that we're officially CAGs for nearly a decade now. Get on the train.[/QUOTE]

Skipped the train and got on a car. I don't follow Cheapy and was speaking in general to those who regularly post on various sections of the forum. I haven't been on here for nearly a decade.

I halfway feel obliged to defend the guy who subletly bashed
me. You all need to be friendlier.

Seriously.

Its driving good people away.

I picked up Catan from this DOTW, lots of buddies still play it online. heres hoping for some better deals week of BF and CM. Tomorrow looks like a drag. Any thoughts on Section 8 Prejudice? i played the Retail version for awhile and liked it. Seems tempting at 600MSP.

[quote name='Skram']So might just be me being lazy or not looking hard enough but they're going to be having a 10 year anniversary sale. I'm not sure if there is a list anywhere yet but it's at least confirmed that Castle Crashers will be half off from the Behemoth blog. Get Hype to a degree.[/QUOTE]

It's funny because that definitely just un-hyped me. That goes a long way towards confirming that the Japanese sale list is going to be the same one we get here.

[quote name='biledriver']It's hard to get hyped. I mean, who doesn't have Castle Crashers that wants it? I fear this will be a "classic arcade games through the years" type sale that no one still needs to purchase. I hope I'm wrong though. But that japanese list was disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. That Japanese list is just filled with games that have been on sale plenty of times before. I guess Wreckateer for free is better than nothing, but does very little for those of us without a Kinect.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

I think you're right. That Japanese list is just filled with games that have been on sale plenty of times before. I guess Wreckateer for free is better than nothing, but does very little for those of us without a Kinect.[/QUOTE]
Or bought it for 400 points a few weeks ago.

[quote name='bardockkun']Or bought it for 400 points a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I proudly admit that I'm one of these idiots :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
Same story with Haunt...

[quote name='johnpap']I proudly admit that I'm one of these idiots :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:[/QUOTE]
Well, at least we didn't buy it during the Summer of Arcade promo. So...there's that silver lining?

[quote name='bardockkun']Well, at least we didn't buy it during the Summer of Arcade promo. So...there's that silver lining?[/QUOTE]

Indeed...

Btw I was checking a few demos earlier, like PQ1, PQ2, Puzzle Fighter, Catan, Magic the Gathering etc

I think PQ1 is awesome, however I can't say the same for PQ2.
I have Carcassonne already and I think it's brilliant!
Also, I'm a Magic the Gathering noobcake so I guess I will skip these games.
Eventually I might buy one (the latest) but not atm.
I had no idea about Catan until I played the demo and I'm not really sure if I like it. I will give it another chance tomorrow. I think it was a bit complicated for my taste (or maybe it was my mood).
Puzzle fighter = insta buy.

I will need pls some advice from CAGs familiar with the game on whether I should (or not) buy the Section 8 Prejudice DLC.

"Each map is playable in both multiplayer and offline play for all game modes."

So how this quote translates to single player game? Is there any single player mission or something? Mind that I mostly play this game offline, even though it's short I enjoyed it a lot!

Nevermind, had my sales mixed up. Edited this to remove that I mentioned the wrong games. They arent games mentioned in the Japan 10th Anniversary sales list. :whistle2:/

Catan is a must buy. It is by far (like 5-10x the next closest) my most played game of this generation. Between my profile and my wife's profile I have played about 2000 online games, each taking about a half hour. I have also played about 300 single player games. I used to play it so much that when I closed my eyes all I would see would be resource cards.

Hey all ... I'm in the wiki OP, so please stay out until I update this post.

I'm happy enough ... let the trolling for frequent updates begin! :lol:

Attention to Spylon ... left you a message on xbldb.com, but the Wreckateer link is currently 404'd. Not a big deal, since the price is so low, but thought you'd want to fix next time you're in the underlying DB. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back