XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster World will be MIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

I recommend Warp. I really had a great time with it when it was released in the spring. It is like a top-down Metroid-Portal game.

Great sale! In for:

Spelunky
Rock Band Blitz
All the Sega Vintage Collections

Possibly in for:

Magic 2013+DLC
South Park: Tenorman's Revenge (Game seems just sooo mediocre)
Gunstringer DLC (Still hoping I'll snag a Kinect cheap enough...)
Darksiders II DLC (Got through 80% of the first one before I got bored and moved on but I still might check out the sequel. DLCs rarely go on sale so it's likely now or never.)
Warp (passed on it last time it was on sale but may get scooped up in my buying frenzy)

Are these supposed to be the Black Friday sales or just a kick ass random sale? Usually they do one day sales but maybe this year they are doing them for a whole week.

Neat to see all the Sega Vintage Collections go on sale at once. Was waiting for them to be discounted. Though now I gotta add 4 more games to my backlog, or rather, 12.

We already knew DOTW was going to be I Am Alive for 800 MSP (1/3 off).

Scratch & Match deals:

Metal Slug XX is 600 MSP (1/2 off)
Worms Ultimate Mayhem is 600 MSP (1/2 off)
Worms 2: Armageddon is 400 MSP (1/2 off)

Chain Reaction is Tiger Woods themed.

5 Course Pack: save 800 MSP
Emerald Dragon: save 240 MSP
Blue Monster: save 280 MSP
Wolf Creek: save 320 MSP

Mystery Wheel items haven't changed.

Out of everything I'm debating on Worms Ultimate Mayhem since I'm a fan and own the first 2 XBLA games.

Awesome deals this week so far. I'll have to get home to do stratch & match to get worms ultimate mayhem..Other than that, very good deals!

Now waiting to see if theres more for black friday or not :)

[quote name='xbox_man']On the website is a section with black Friday deals, so these must be the black Friday deals only they are on sale earlier.[/QUOTE]

The last couple years they had 3 games for either one or two dollars each. I bet something like that will still happen.

Nice... definitely in for Rock Band Blitz. As a few other people pointed out, even if the game is crap (and I wasn't too into the demo) that's a fantastic price for 25 new RB songs.

Anyone (in addition to locolukah) have thoughts either way on Warp? I tried the demo a while back when it first came out and it seemed decent. Not sure how well it holds up after that point though... is it worth the 400 pts?

[quote name='xbox_man']On the website is a section with black Friday deals, so these must be the black Friday deals only they are on sale earlier.[/QUOTE]

Could someone pass me a link? I can't find it.

Monster World, Golden Axe, and Magic 2013 + DLC are definites. Past that, may get Space Channel 5 and South Park as well.

DLC is up in the air. Sleeping Dogs is tempting since it does have achievements and I'll be getting the game for sure at some point.

Darksiders is less tempting (no achievements). Does it add anything to the game or is it more of a pass?

Already own the Dead Island Arena (still need to use my code for it though). I know the Ryder DLC has no achievements, but is it still worth it?

I for one do not understand the love for Spelunky, and never will. It's a decent pick up for 600msp but I found it too difficult to be fun.

Looks like it's just Rock Band Blitz for me. Have the Monster World Games and Shinobi/Alex Kidd on PSN, and have played Streets of Rage and Golden Axe enough to know that they're definitely not for me. The Monster World series for $5 is a no-brainer for those that don't own it. Hope we get a few one-day sales on BF and CM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Gunstringer is $19.99 right now? Does that include the $10 off or will it be on sale for $9.99 imminently? I'll definitely snatch it up for that price.

Spelunky is super hard but addicting and fun. I loved it. It's not for everyone, though.

But where are these deals? The OP makes no mention of that

As for the South Park game, I only played a few levels but it's a pretty generic platformer. They did release a significant patch to the game to make it more enjoyable, and added things like being able to switch characters on the fly, and just made the game more accessible.

As a big South Park fan, I have no regrets trading 400msp for it on the trade thread here, so I'd recommend it for 400msp now. If you're not big into South Park, you can probably skip the title as the actual gameplay feels pretty generic.

[quote name='crunchewy']Spelunky is super hard but addicting and fun. I loved it. It's not for everyone, though.

But where are these deals? The OP makes no mention of that[/QUOTE]

The deals are on your Xbox. The OP is a wiki, meaning anyone can change it and nobody is currently "over" it. Please feel free to update the OP with these deals.

Not really into the sales. Might get the Streets of Rage collection and maybe the alexx kid one as well only for my fond childhood memories of playing the sega 6 game pac. God I loved my sega.

[quote name='mpaullin']I see Gunstringer is $19.99 right now? Does that include the $10 off or will it be on sale for $9.99 imminently? I'll definitely snatch it up for that price.[/QUOTE]

Same question here. Portal 2 would be great at $10. If it's $20 I may as well find a physical copy.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see in some posts on the last page that the $20 is already the sale price. All of the retail games have decent prices, but can generally be found for cheaper (at retail).

Rock Band Blitz is great if you have any interest in rhythm games. $7.50 for 25 songs is worth it even if you just play Rock Band 3 and never touch the XBLA game.

In for all the SVC and the Magic 2013 DLC already own all the other Arcade Games beside RB Blitz and Daytona USA (have no interest in these games)

But man this is one hell of a good sale!

I need to figure out if I have a code for the Death Rides pack. I know I have Argul's Tomb. Heck I do not even own the game anymore.

I swear I bought the Sacrifice for L4D2 but it says I have not. I may have bought it for the 1st game but I traded that when I bought cold stream....ah this is why DLC drives me nuts. Especially DLC that is named the same for 2 games.

Well shit. I did buy it for L4D2 but it was through the App so it does not show up as purchased on xbox.com. I have to remind myself to always check that. Glad I did not buy it yet.

Definitely in for Splunky, and I'll check out the demo for South Park. I'm not super into the show but I have several friends who are and with local co-op it could be a good time.

I'd be all over the Sega Vintage Collections too, but I don't foresee dumping my Genesis anytime soon...maybe if they put Target Earth in a SVC. :)

I haven't finished it yet, but Lara Croft Guardian of Light is a fun twin stick action adventure game with some light puzzle platform aspects, best experienced with a partner.

P.S. I noticed Geometry Wars Evolved is still on sale. I believe it was mentioned before, but if you have the sequel you could probably pass on this one.

Looks like I am going to pick up:

Daytona USA - I know it's kind of lackluster but I loved it in the arcade
Space Channel 5 part 2 - maybe unless if this was included with the Dreamcast collection
Sega Vintage Collections - All except for Monster World which I already have
Sleeping Dogs DLC - maybe if it has achievements

[quote name='zarda1']how is warp? i have everthing else i'd be interested in right now.[/QUOTE]

Good. Enjoyable from start to finish. Fun puzzles, challenging but rarely frustrating. Decent upgrade system that makes collectibles worth hunting for. Totally underrated and overlooked game. Achievements are rough, if you want to play through it once without hunting for achievements, you're looking at probably 4 playthroughs.

[quote name='LordVila']
Space Channel 5 part 2 - maybe unless if this was included with the Dreamcast collection[/QUOTE]

It was included in the collection.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Great! Major Nelson confirmed that we will also get one-day sales on BF and CM! =D[/QUOTE]

Damn, that means I am going to have to buy some MSP. I hope it's not the usual suspects (yes I am looking at you COD and Bioshock). Some non Microsoft-published games would be really nice.

Major Nelson posted about the stuff that went on sale. He said it will last until Monday the 26th.

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/20/xbox-live-marketplace-holiday-offers/

Guess I'll wait to purchase stuff until if Black Friday offers any surprises. Didn't bring my 360 to my parents' for the holiday week, so I can't demo titles. Would probably buy up the SVCs and Spelunky, and considering the Dead Island Bloodbath, but that wouldn't leave me with much left if there are other deals. Don't know if I'll feel like venturing out to Target Thanksgiving night for those $10 1600 MSP cards.

Am taking a crack at updating the OP.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Great! Major Nelson confirmed that we will also get one-day sales on BF and CM! =D[/QUOTE]

So there is still hope for Mega Man repeat sale! It's about time. :p

[quote name='Sath666']So there is still hope for Mega Man repeat sale! It's about time. :p[/QUOTE]

Can I FINALLY have a sale on Mega Man 9? I've only been holding out more than 4 years now. #seriouslycheapassgamer

[quote name='ooga']It was included in the collection.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully I can get in on some of the 1600 point cards that are going to be on sale at Target on BF to make this deal even sweeter.

How is Magic 2013 for someone whose only experience with card games is the old Pokemon card game?

daytona USA doesn't have split screen. and the online system is awful. you can't switch tracks in the lobby, only race the same track until you join a different game. consider if these things matter to you before you buy it.

i was ok with it coming like that on the sega saturn, but even its saturn sequel offered split screen racing (and online actually, although i have no idea if the setup was better than this one lol, it at least had many more tracks and cars). i love daytona, and i'll play it on saturn, or in the arcade for a little nostalgia buzz, but i don't like the idea of updating games and doing the barebones version of them. i realize this is faithful to the arcade game, but come on man, i'm not buying another racing game that doesn't let me race someone sitting next to me in 2012. and daytona was one of the BEST for that, even if CCE ruined the physics, i still played that much more than the original bc of extra tracks, cars, and split screen. what is this 42" screen for? i can live with half of it if it makes the game more fun.

i highly recommend hydro thunder hurricane over this port, it goes on sale for 600 pretty often, but its worth 3x daytona's price even at msrp because it offers more than 3x the content. it also has a $5 expansion that doubles the boat lineup and just shoves even more sprinkles on a fantastically done xbla racer. wish i could say daytona was the same.

[quote name='LordVila']Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully I can get in on some of the 1600 point cards that are going to be on sale at Target on BF to make this deal even sweeter.

How is Magic 2013 for someone whose only experience with card games is the old Pokemon card game?[/QUOTE]
I think I read that the 1600 points was a misprint and it was replaced with a 3 month gold sub.

[quote name='Bloomy'] Don't know if I'll feel like venturing out to Target Thanksgiving night for those $10 1600 MSP cards. [/QUOTE]

I saw a recent posting on the Black Friday thread that said Target changed the deal to $10 Gold cards (3 months), so you may want to confirm that the deal is still going on before you make the trip.

Edit: Beat to it.

[quote name='preston181']Not worth it, unless you're a huge fan of the game. I did a full review of the DLC when it first came out.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with you. If you like Dead Island, Ryder White's DLC is a must, since it shows you what really happens in the island. And you get to kill lots and lots of zombies; there are about two moments that can be kinda tough.

In that "campaign" , that lasts about 5/6 hours, the only drawback aside of not getting achievements, is that you only can play, obviously, as Ryder, so you can't use the weapons you got in the original game. Imo it's worh the 400MSP.

[quote name='mpaullin']I saw a recent posting on the Black Friday thread that said Target changed the deal to $10 Gold cards (3 months), so you may want to confirm that the deal is still going on before you make the trip.

Edit: Beat to it.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap. Anywhere else planning on $10 point cards? I was planning on snagging up as many as they would allow, (wasn't clear on a limit), to stock up for the next year's games and DLC. If this is true, it sucks. I still might grab up 4 live cards to renew my gold though.

How is Magic 2013 for someone whose only experience with card games is the old Pokemon card game?[/QUOTE]

I've not played 2013 yet, but I have the first two. If you're just learning the game and trying to get an understanding, it is great for that.

Man I always thought Magic the card game was really stupid, until I tried the demo for the first game. Once I got the concept I loved it and Ive gotten atleast 15+ hours of gameplay from the first two, the third one not so much,due to the fact that I didnt have as many games back then as I do now (Thanks CAG for that one :roll:). All three are must haves if you like playing card games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back