XBLA - Battlefield 1943 - 1200pts

Buy it and start a new addiction. Are you really worried about a game coming out 5 months from now?

I was messing around the other night and was getting so much joy out of placing c4 on planes or tanks then hiding in enemy bases and when they took off KABOOM! :)

Anybody else notice that if you go to the official website and check your stats, all the awards have been erased?
I wonder what that's all about.
Oh well, at least it's still tracking the kills/wins ratios, and total games/hours played.

Is anyone else still playing this? I still play almost nightly. I'm hoping for new maps.

I don't think I've picked the soldier in over 50 matches though. Boycotting that class until it's nerfed ;)

I started playing again so I can get that 100 matches played achievement. I should be pretty close since I have over 20 hours in the game.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I started playing again so I can get that 100 matches played achievement. I should be pretty close since I have over 20 hours in the game.[/QUOTE]

Oh hey there. I'd like to play sometime because I'm trying to get the 30 matches played. If you want to play sometime you can add me.

I've also picked this game back up a little bit. I'm still working on about half of the achievements. Thankfully they're all attainable. I think I got like 2 achievements total on BF2:MC.

MjC

I rented Batman Arkham Asylum, put in about 3 hours, then had to get back to BF1943. I'm not sure what that means, but I feel guilty about it.

Has anyone heard about any new maps coming?

I rented Batman Arkham Asylum, put in about 3 hours, then had to get back to BF1943. I'm not sure what that means, but I feel guilty about it.

Has anyone heard about any new maps coming?

[quote name='FrankySox']Oh hey there. I'd like to play sometime because I'm trying to get the 30 matches played. If you want to play sometime you can add me.[/QUOTE]

That is so neat.

i got all the achievements and just couldn't play anymore. I usually was doing about 15 to 3 ratio when I stopped with no ability whatsoever to fly a plane so i'm pretty proud of those stats. no achievements made this game hard to play with no goal in sight. Don't remember what we did before achievements.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I rented Batman Arkham Asylum, put in about 3 hours, then had to get back to BF1943. I'm not sure what that means, but I feel guilty about it.

Has anyone heard about any new maps coming?[/QUOTE]

DICE has pretty much confirmed its not happening. Bad Company 2 in February, then Battlefield 3 :)bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::applause::applause::applause:) in Fall 2010

Today is the first day since the game was on sale that it hasn't been laggy, or wasn't for a while. I'm mostly just trying to complete games but they take so long. Wish it were just 50 games completed for Tour of Duty II, 100 games takes 20-30 hours =\

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']argh I can't get the stupid best squad achievement.[/QUOTE]

I got it at random, I wasn't even in a squad nor was I the best player on my team. Its really random and you should definitely get it while working towards 100 matches played as long as you're capturing areas and getting kills.

I got it the other night...wasn't in a squad and was mid-match when it popped up. I think I've hit the qualifications since I'm always in a squad (when a public is available), but I haven't gotten the postcard.

This game is an absolute blast though..I'll keep playing for a while after I get the 100 matches played.

Wow I was playing lag free Air Superiority today and it was awesome. I think its back to lagging now already which is a shame. Probably the best reason to buy the game.

Well I got the Best Squad achievement yesterday for no apparent reason after a match ended. Only 71 more matches till I am finally done with the achievements!

Hey guys, I just bought this game at the end of 2009 when it when on sale. I was wondering for those of you that have been playing this for a long time has the game always been so laggy? I tried to play a game and it was just unbearable! Air superiority was a little better but I really wanted to play a regular game. :/

[quote name='clumsychu']Hey guys, I just bought this game at the end of 2009 when it when on sale. I was wondering for those of you that have been playing this for a long time has the game always been so laggy? I tried to play a game and it was just unbearable! Air superiority was a little better but I really wanted to play a regular game. :/[/QUOTE]

Its because the community more than doubled from the sale. If you play middle of the day middle of the week there probably won't be much lag but at 8pm on a Friday night it will definitely be laggy, probably for at least a month or two.

[quote name='freshzen']Its because the community more than doubled from the sale. If you play middle of the day middle of the week there probably won't be much lag but at 8pm on a Friday night it will definitely be laggy, probably for at least a month or two.[/QUOTE]

When i bought this game at launch, there was no lag but it was hard to join squads. I dont play anymore because the lag is unbearable and i got all achievements.

Okay so I guess I'll wait a few and try to play it again. One thing worst than the actual lag is people complaining about the lag during the game. Not just complaining but having full on RAGE attacks. Insanity.

Anyone having trouble getting 1943 to show up in your Battlefield Veteran thing? My accounts are linked and whatnot and I've played quite a few MP games today but it won't recognize it.

Does this game support custom games? I have a group of 16 or so players that are wanting to try a new game for our weekly online meetups. We are usually playing objective-based(non-slayer) FPS games, and figured this might work for us. Thanks in advance.

You can't start a custom game per se, but you can play a private match. You do need at least 7 players or so. Private or public, the game still uses EA's servers, so you cant customize anything for a private match (which is also why you need that minimum number).

Anyone still playing this game? I tried the trial last night and it was pretty fun except the games only had like 4 people on each team so the battlefield was pretty empty. I don't want to pick this up and realize nobody plays it anymore. And what's with the lag complaints?

I might pick it up again. I enjoyed it soon after release, but the last time I went on, snipers were blowing my head off moments after I spawned, which grew tiresome.

I just started to play it again, but yes it is laggy.
First i thought its my router, but BFBC works just fine. So it got to be the server.
Its a shame... really.

i've never had lag issues and this game still has a good amount of people playing it. trying to get that last achievement of playing 100 matches and i'm barely @ 36..seems like it's going to take forever.

So I'm thinking about picking this up (yes, I know I'm late) but I wanted to know how the community is. Still a lot of players on at one time? I've read a lot about lag issues, have those been takin' care of?

bread's done
Back