XBLA - Bomberman LIVE - 800pts - Bomb Up Pack 3 Now Up

What are "Sands" and "Personages"..?

And even though they are probably gonna rape us like they did with Lumines, at least these add-on packs come with say.. gamer pics & themes..as well as whatever these personages & sands are..lol

Also, Lumines itself is 1200 points..I just don't think Bomberman is going to be 1200 points. Though, 400 points would be great I see this def as an 800 point game.

I'm more concerned with the pricing of the add-ons actually. If they are 100-200 each, then that's fine really. But if they are like anything around 400 OR more..then fuck that!

[quote name='lilboo']What are "Sands" and "Personages"..?

And even though they are probably gonna rape us like they did with Lumines, at least these add-on packs come with say.. gamer pics & themes..as well as whatever these personages & sands are..lol

Also, Lumines itself is 1200 points..I just don't think Bomberman is going to be 1200 points. Though, 400 points would be great I see this def as an 800 point game.

I'm more concerned with the pricing of the add-ons actually. If they are 100-200 each, then that's fine really. But if they are like anything around 400 OR more..then fuck that![/quote]

Sands would appear to be new maps. Personages I would guess are new skins or characters to play as (eg the angel or cloud). And for that matter I would guess "vogue" is a game mode.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone speak Belgium can tell us what this says:

Eerste add-on pack (30 dagen na de LIVE release): (I'm guessing 30 days after release?)

• 1 nieuwe Game Mode - Most Frags Mode (1 new game mode?)
  • 2 arena's – Air Ship, en een Las Vegas Level
  • 10 nieuwe personages
  • 5 Gamer Pics
  • 1 Theme
Tweede add-on pack (60 dagen na de LIVE release): (60 days after release?)

• Bomb Shelters (New map?)
  • 10 nieuwe personages (new characters?)
  • 2 arena's – Race Level, en een Dreamland Level
  • 5 Gamer Pics
  • 1 Theme
Derde add-on pack (90 dagen na de LIVE release): (90 days after release?)

• 2 nieuwe arena's – Candy World en Inferno (new arenas?)
  • 10 nieuwe personages (new characters?)
  • 5 Gamer Pics
  • 1 Theme
http://www.x-power.be/?act=nieuws&content_id=7094&game_id=824

Obviously some are in english...[/quote]

I speak Dutch so I'll translate:

1st Add-on Pack 30 Days after XBLA release:

1 New Game Mode - Most Frags Mode
2 New Arenas - Air Ship and a Las Vegas level
10 new Characters
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

2nd Add-on Pack 60 Days after XBLA release:

Bomb Shelters (probably is a new map since it isn't descibing anything)
10 new Characters
2 New Arenas - Race Level and a Dream Land level
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

3rd Add-on Pack 90 Days after XBLA release:

2 New Arenas - Candy World and Inferno
10 New Characters
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

Okay so I guess you guys had already figured out what it all meant.......but I like translating into English from Dutch for your cheapasses.

[quote name='Wolve11']I speak Dutch so I'll translate:

1st Add-on Pack 30 Days after XBLA release:

1 New Game Mode - Most Frags Mode
2 New Arenas - Air Ship and a Las Vegas level
10 new Characters
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

2nd Add-on Pack 60 Days after XBLA release:

Bomb Shelters (probably is a new map since it isn't descibing anything)
10 new Characters
2 New Arenas - Race Level and a Dream Land level
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

3rd Add-on Pack 90 Days after XBLA release:

2 New Arenas - Candy World and Inferno
10 New Characters
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

Okay so I guess you guys had already figured out what it all meant.......but I like translating into English from Dutch for your cheapasses.[/quote]

So with all these packs is it best to wait once they're all out and buy the last one as it'll have everything?

sorry for being a Live Arcade noob...

[quote name='velvet396']So with all these packs is it best to wait once they're all out and buy the last one as it'll have everything?

sorry for being a Live Arcade noob...[/quote]

It probably makes no difference. I sincerely doubt they will lower the price at the end if you buy it all at once. XBLA is all about milking us for every fucking penny we have to play games that came out 10 years ago.

Based on the Dutch article, here is my preview. No, this is not Saturn Bomberman or any existing Bomberman. Bomberman 94 is better than Bomberman 93, and Saturn Bomberman is better than any of them. Still, this will be a good one!

After a failed attempt at bringing the Bomberman franchise to Xbox 360 (Bomberman Act Zero was the worst-selling game of 2006), Hudson has finally decided to make the Bomberman game that everybody wanted in the first place. Developer Backbone Entertainment is readying Bomberman Live for a June Xbox Live Arcade release. Bomberman Live appears to be much closer to classic Bomberman games than Act Zero, both in terms of looks and gameplay options.

Dutch site X Power http://www.x-power.be/?act=galleries&gallery_id=617 has a full screenshot gallery and preview of the game. Their preview is written in some nonsense language, so I've taken it upon myself to gleam as much information as possible for my fellow Bomberman fans.

-Bomberman Live seems to be most closely-based on Bomberman Online for Dreamcast as well as the Asian PC/PS2 versions. However, unlike the Dreamcast game, the playing field is not angled. That's good!

-Players are able to customize their Bomberman's head, face, and body from a large selection of parts. Some parts must be unlocked. About 10,000 different combinations are possible.

-The single-player game consists of versus battles against the computer. People buy Bomberman for the multiplayer, and this version looks like it won't disappoint.
2-4 players can play locally and 2-8 players can battle online. There will be online tournaments and I will win them! You heard it here first.

-Only 2 game modes are confirmed (with 1 coming later via Downloadable Content) but there are probably more. Confirmed Game Modes:
-Normal Battle, Zombie Match (AKA Panel Paint: the player whose color covers the most panels at the end wins)

-Revenge Bomber (Miso Bomber) returns. Defeated players can circle the arena and fire bombs at active players. Revenge can be set to On, Off, and Super.

-Power-ups are customizable.
Confirmed power-ups:
Fire Up, Bomb Up, Speed Up, Line Bombs, Kick Bombs, Skulls (random bad effect), Throw Bombs, Punch Bombs, Full Fire, Spike Bombs, P Bombs, and Land Mines (ugh).
There will be no Dinos or Louies (mounts) in this version. Rumors suggest that the Dinos ate the Louies before finally turning on each other.

-There are 8 confirmed stages and 6 more coming through downloadable content.
Confirmed stages:
Circus (floor arrows divert kicked bombs), Stadium (classic stage), Graveyard (trapdoors), Jungle Ruins, Pirate Ocean (no hard blocks), Space Station, Snow, and Cavern

-After the game's launch, 3 downloadable content packs will be introduced. No cost is known and it is unclear whether the Gamerpics and Themes are included in the actual content packs.

30 Days after launch:
* 1 new game mode - Most Frags
* 2 stages – Air Ship and Las Vegas
* 10 new characters
* 5 Gamerpics
* 1 Theme

60 Days after launch:
* 2 stages – Race and Dreamland
* 10 new characters
* 5 Gamerpics
* 1 Theme

90 Days after launch:
* 2 stages – Candy World and Inferno
* 10 new characters
* 5 Gamerpics
* 1 Theme

Achievements:

Completely Unstoppable! (10)
Win 5 XBox Live matches (4 players or more) in a row

Exterminator (10)
Win 15 local matches against the computer (3 or more computer players)

Paint the town red! (10)
Win a local Zombie Match (?) against 2+ computer players

The Name's Bomb, Dangerous Bomb (10)
Blow up 3 computer players at the same time

Totally bombed! (10)
Win a local match against 3 or more computer players after you occupied a Revenge Super cart.

The Bomb! (15)
Win 30 Xbox live games.

You die so good! (15)
Score 25 frags in Most Frags mode on Xbox live.

Joy of Painting with Bomberman (20)
Cover 130 or more panels in a 3+ player Zombie Match against the computer.

The Good, The Bad and The Bombed (20)
While wearing a complete cowboy outfit, frag another cowboy player over Xbox Live.

Did I just win... AGAIN?! (25)
Win 10 successive matches in Ranked Tournament.

Girl Power! (25)
Win a 'girls only" match against 4 or more players while wearing a complete female outfit.

EXTREME MAKEOVER! (30)
Collect 60 Costume Balls.

Wait a minute... there is an achievement based on the "Most Frags" mode. So would that imply that the first download pack (which contains this mode) is free?

This game better not end up having any lag like some of the other Xbox Live Arcade games. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Yes, I have a strong suspicion that the first content pack will be free. Either that, or the mode will be a separate, free download from the new characters and stages.

Here's the press release:

Bomberman Explodes Onto Xbox Live® Arcade!

Hudson Entertainment To Launch All New Version of Award-Winning Series with HD Makeover and 8-Player Online Battles!

REDWOOD SHORES, CA - May 16, 2007 - Hudson Entertainment, the North American publishing arm for Hudson Soft, today announced that they are releasing the all-new Bomberman Live for Xbox LIVE® Arcade, the premier destination for digitally distributed, high-definition original and classic games. Retaining classic gameplay elements while adding 8-person online multiplayer, full character customization, and gorgeous high-definition graphics, the game is expected to launch worldwide in Summer 2007.

Fans can now compete with the best Bomberman players worldwide, as Bomberman Live delivers frantic 8-player online. Fans can also play with their friends in 4-player local action on one system. In addition, Bomberman Live features new character customizations, which allow players to personalize their Bomberman from 10,000 possible combinations. Bomberman Live offers gamers the chance to finally prove that they're the best Bomberman player in the world.

"This has been one of our most requested games, our fans have been clamoring for it, and we are thrilled to finally be able to deliver the game they want," said John Greiner, President of Hudson Entertainment. "As our flagship series, Bomberman has been hailed as the best multiplayer game ever created. Now that Xbox LIVE® Arcade delivers a truly worldwide multiplayer gaming platform, we can at last bring to market a Bomberman game that represents our long-term vision of the brand."

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Fans can now compete with the best Bomberman players worldwide, as Bomberman Live delivers frantic 8-player online. [/QUOTE]

That's right, fans can now compete with Sataarcoeny and me. Mwa ha ha!

Man, I wish the 360 physically allowed more than 4 controllers in a local game. I mean, it's not very often that this will be a problem for me, but it would nice for those rare occasions. That was the one lone positive thing about multitaps... how they allowed for more than 4 local players.

But nit-picking aside... this is a day-1 purchase for sure. Glad to see that the miso-bomber stuff is all in! I hope they also add that orb thing from the Dreamcast version (I think it was called "Hyper Bomber" mode or something like that). Those matches can get really frantic.

Yeah, Hyper Bomber was one of the few good things about the buggy-ass Dreamcast version. They could allow 8-player local games using System Link... I seriously doubt they will though.

EDIT:

They mentioned some of my preview at Kotaku.com today. Cool!

The introduction of Bomberman live - a real, honest-to-goodness full Bomberman game with online play and an affordable price has got me motivated. I've always wanted to develop the ultimate Bomberman site, patterned after the Castlevania Dungeon and Double Dragon Dogo. My site will be called Bomberman Stadium. Eventually I plan to have a personal review of every Bomberman game ever sold - that's a lot of writing!

Thing is, I'm ADD and kind of lazy so I need lots of support to stay on the project! Would any of you who are strong writers and know a lot about Bomberman care to write some pieces for the site? Can anyone contribute screencaptures of various Bomberman games for me? Any other kind of assistance?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think this has been mentioned so, Bomberman Live has been confirmed at 800 MS points, its in the new OXM, with a preview and all.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I don't think this has been mentioned so, Bomberman Live has been confirmed at 800 MS points, its in the new OXM, with a preview and all.[/quote]

is that before or after dlc? (remember the days when the price of the game included the whole game?)

[quote name='Mister Switch']is that before or after dlc? (remember the days when the price of the game included the whole game?)[/QUOTE]

Cry me a river, heh. The game includes 8 maps and a ton of characters automatically, just like most Bomberman games have. It's rare for them to include more maps than that.

hell yes! that would be sweet if 200 pts was not a typo... would make the game an absolute hit on XBLA immediately.

wonder if with the cam you can paste your face on your character... I doubt it.

[quote name='deadite76']200 pts would be sweet!! I hope it's not a typo! :pray:[/quote]

The link that terribledeli posted states its going to be 800pts...sorry.

Lame Slogan if it really comes out:

"Instead of watching or lighting up real fireworks, why not sit back at home and bomb your way..."

eh, can't think of anything else, I know its lame, haha

The only XBLA games I own are Texas Hold Em (Free), the recent shooter game (Free), SOTN, and TMNT. I will be purchasing this as well. This looks awesome, online bomberman :)

Bomberman Live and Yie Ar Kung Fu Coming Next Week

It’s a double-header Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday with “Bomberman Live” from Hudson Entertainment and “Yie Ar Kung Fu” from Konami.

Both will come to Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this Wednesday, July 18 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. Pacific).

Bomberman Live

Created specifically for Xbox LIVE Arcade, the all-new “Bomberman Live” brings high definition graphics, four-person local multiplayer and eight-person online multiplayer over Xbox LIVE.

“Bomberman Live” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Prove you’re the best: Play at home with up to four players or hop online and challenge the best Bombermen (and women!) from around the world with up to eight players.

Fully customizable Bomberman: With over 10,000 possible combinations, players can customize Bomberman – from the gladiator outfit to the clown costume, or mix and match! Players can make Bomberman as cute or menacing as they like.

Do battle in eight exotic locations: Compete in eight striking arenas, each with their own traps and gimmicks.

Annihilate enemies with power-ups: Destroy blocks to reveal 16 distinct power-ups (and power-downs).
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/07/13/552023.aspx

YES! I hope my points card comes in the mail by then. Plus hopefully the DLC won't be too expensive with what I have left from SmarterChild (250 points). Can't wait!

Amazingly, I've never played one of these Bomberman games, but this one looks like fun. Probably a purchase for me, unless it ends up all stipped down like Worms. Reading about this game, though, it looks pretty well done.

[quote name='Decker']Amazingly, I've never played one of these Bomberman games, but this one looks like fun. Probably a purchase for me, unless it ends up all stipped down like Worms. Reading about this game, though, it looks pretty well done.[/QUOTE]

I think I can safely say this is going to be well worth your 800 points. And if you've never played a Bomberman game before how on earth would you notice if it were stripped down?

This sucks. I have had 1600 points since Castlevania came out that I've been saving for this. It just so happens I have to send in my 360 this week so I probably won't get to play this (or Morrowind, now thats its BC) for about 4-5 weeks :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back